COMMUNITY BANK Employee Reviews

Temp Assignment
Deposit Suport Services (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Good place to work and nice staff. Temp work was not able to get permanent employment. It is a commercial bank,branches are located in Pasadena and IE. They do care about their customers and employees.
Pros
Cons
lack of advancement
Assistant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager-Southpointe Office (Former Employee) –  Carmichaels, PANovember 12, 2017
Supervisory of a Branch for opening operations in the morning. Check for Teller thoroughness, and scheduling throughout the day. Check Sales reports for cross-sells and any other banking needs the client may need.
Nice people to work with
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 2, 2017
Fun place to work at times, lots of community interaction, did parades, worked with customers was fun, understanding when sick or family emergencies, they care about community
Pros
Easy to work for
Cons
Non
Community Bank is a great job full of opportunities.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Community Bank Hattiesburg MSSeptember 29, 2017
I am looking to move to Florida for jobs in banking or Disney. A typical day is a lot of customer service by phone and in person. Problem solving, sales, balancing, etc. problems solving with fraud Tickets for card holders, Remote Deposit, Ach limits, and Positive Pay.
Pros
People and benefits.
Cons
A very bussinees place to be
East Syracuse, New York, Accounting Assistant, AP (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2017
A typical day in the life of a Community Bank employee is all work. This is not a bad thing, I like time to pass quickly and like to be busy. Everything is on a schedule and has to be completed. The management is top notch and can be approached with any questions. This is important because this is the home office and many tasks have to be completed that are not planned. The hardest part of the job is all the unexpected tasks and changing time tables to accommodate changing contracts. The benefits are great from lunches to freebees. The people are great !
Pros
many great people
Cons
stressfull work place
Good job, great co-workers, beautiful town
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I worked at the bank as a Business Development Officer for more than 2 years. I left to pursue a former career path - one which I am still in. I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
cold-calling for commercial accounts and loan
Good Place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 17, 2017
Working at a bank is very stressful, I learned a lot on being patient with customers, and with co workers. The hardest part at the bank is a customer yelling in your face.
Small offices with small staff
Teller /Floater (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 2, 2017
Small offices with small staff. I was a floater so I worked at a bunch of different offices and meeting new people was fun for me. Some of the people were great.
Nice place to work
Community Bank AVP Loan Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 31, 2017
The work was really organized and ready in the morning. There were days that we had a lot of work and had to stay late to complete it. Management is very nice and easy to work with. I really enjoy working at community bank, and I would be happy to go back and work there again.
Pros
People was always friendly
Good working environment
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 7, 2017
Community Bank is a great place to work with great benefits. The hours are wonderful and so are the coworkers. Have learned alot in my time there. Just ready to find something outside of banking. Perfect job for active parent as there is no nights, weekends or holidays.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Commercial Banking
Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 16, 2017
Community Bank (OTCBB: CYHT) is a privately held commercial bank with assets over $3.5 billion providing a full range of commercial banking and financing services.
A very good place to work
Teller / Audit Department (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 15, 2017
Highly professional atmosphere. Great training. Great benefits and
vacation and leave policies. Very good management and customer base. I really enjoyed working there.
Loved taking care of the customers, meeting new people and great work family to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Claysville, PAApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. Our branch had a family atmosphere. We were a team. Great small community to work with. Everyone knew everyone. We cared about getting our work done and had fun accomplishing our work.
Pros
Great customers and co-workers
Cons
No problems
Tyical Bank Environment
SVP (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 18, 2017
Typical Bank Environment. Privately Owned - Location of Pasadena makes for a tough commute if you don't live in the area. Banking in Southern CA is one of the most competitive environments in the USA.
Pros
Privately Owned Bank
Cons
Privately Owned Bank
Cb
AVP/ Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 18, 2017
I was with the company for 32 years. As in any job we had our good days and hectic ones... overall a good place to work. Employees are friendly..I made many friends while working there My manager was an exceptional human being Time to move on and look for something new.
Pros
My branch manager was amazing
Cons
Workplace culture
Good people to work with
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORApril 15, 2017
Enjoyed helping people to get the loans needed for their businesses. Each loan was different with different documentation needed. Did not enjoy making calls to collect on past due loans.
A great place to work
Call-In Teller (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 26, 2017
It was a wonderful experience; a great place to work. It had a wonderful atmosphere, great people--both employees and customers. If I could go back, I would
Family oriented
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMarch 22, 2017
Small family like environment, located in a lucrative area. Community oriented. There is room for improvement in making sure there is equal opportunity for growth.
Pros
Promote positivity among employees
Cons
Not room for growth, need more variety
Productive and friendly workplace
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2017
Employees are held to the highest standards when it comes to customer service. Values are taught from the top down. Coworkers are considered family. Everyone is trained in multiple aspects of banking and customer service. Plenty of room to grow and learn.
Run!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersMarch 9, 2017
I've never worked in more of a snake pit. Office politics and hidden agendas govern. Management likes to throw around words like "integrity, honesty and values", but lacks these qualities from the head down. People are recruited with lies about pay, advancement and opportunity. Worked there four years and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.