COMMUNITY BANK Employee Reviews

Family oriented
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILMarch 22, 2017
Small family like environment, located in a lucrative area. Community oriented. There is room for improvement in making sure there is equal opportunity for growth.
Pros
Promote positivity among employees
Cons
Not room for growth, need more variety
Run!
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  HeadquartersMarch 9, 2017
I've never worked in more of a snake pit. Office politics and hidden agendas govern. Management likes to throw around words like "integrity, honesty and values", but lacks these qualities from the head down. People are recruited with lies about pay, advancement and opportunity. Worked there four years and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
Fav job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Malone, NYMarch 2, 2017
This was the start of by banking career and I loved it. I worked there for 6 years and it still is my favorite place I have worked. I wouldstill be there if I had not moved
Fun to work
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Great field work auditor dealing with bank's prospective and existing clients and bank's staffs and management team.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too much travelling - local and out of states
first position in banking. A new experience which taught me a lot.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2017
My days started with helping customers and learning how to deal with different personalities. Training was great as well as the management over the branch. It was enjoyable to learn the different aspects of operations in banking.
Pros
helping customers and performing as a bank teller..
Cons
being a floater to all branches
Upper management not very good
AVP/Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WAJanuary 17, 2017
Branch was great, good people to work with. Job description was changed after hired.
Upper management not very conducive to productive output from lower level employees.
Horrific management
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 14, 2016
Make sure you are capable of CYA because they will stab you in the back or push you in front of the bus to save their own jobs. Everyone is so sweet in the beginning but you get zero training (except generic computer scenarios) and when you call or ask for help you are ridiculed and shamed into never asking another question again. It is a wicked place to work. Enter at your own risk.
Cons
45 minutes for lunch.
Typical work day
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 22, 2016
Management assigns so many loans for the 5 day work week. In those 5 days, I underwrite mortgages, review appraisals, and send out commitments if the loan does not need to be put ON HOLD.
Top Heavy Bank
loan servicing (Former Employee) –  College Place, WANovember 21, 2016
There is not room for advancement for lower level employees due to longevity of employees that hold management and higher positions.

They do reward employees nicely with annual employee party (where all get motel rooms. fabulous dinner and entertainment and prizes) and have quarterly recognitions.
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 14, 2016
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers obtain their dreams with home ownership.
Co-workers make my job easier as I have a great team working in my department.
Most difficult is accomplishing all the required work expected.
enjoyed employment
Lender (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 26, 2016
Great co-workers and management. Was given an opportunity to advance from an admin assistant to a lender. The hardest part was learning all the state and federal regulations.
Pros
employment advancement
Fundamentals of Banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSOctober 11, 2016
This was the only company to hire me with no experience and an excellent staff to work with. This company had great employee benefits but it was hard to advance with a bachelor degree.
Pros
free vacation and insurance
Cons
advancement
Enjoyable and rewarding, helping customers.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYOctober 1, 2016
My job includes opening or closing the branch, filling out daily reports,sometimes balancing the ATM, taking transactions from customers, such as deposits, payments, and cashing checks. I believe in giving good customer service, and enjoy helping others. I work with awesome co-workers, and happy to be part of the team. Management is usually fair and considers everyone's opinion equally.Everyone is willing to help each other, when confronted with a difficult task or problem.The hardest part of the job is when we have an irate customer, but that doesn't happen often.
Pros
Healthcare, company stocks
Good Company
Vice President & Assistant Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 10, 2016
My typical day at work consists of constant emails and phone calls to assist the branch staff members and correct problems. I have learned so much about the banking industry through my time at the bank. My co-workers are wonderful and I've always strived to make them feel appreciated. The job is very stressful and negative in nature. Working with fantastic people everyday is what helps get through the day. You have to make time to have a little fun.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Salary and advancement opportunities
Poor management
Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 22, 2016
It was good experience. However the managers are difficult to work with. They do not support growth. The work place was not fun.
Family oriented
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hudson Valley, NYAugust 18, 2016
Nice place to work
Friendly atmosphere
Customer base is great
Employees are treated with respect and understanding
Locations are convenient

Management needs to be more understanding
Cons
No Incentive or Employee appreciation
Really enjoyed working at Community Bank and could easily advance in the bank.
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ALJuly 27, 2016
Did not dread going to work every morning and always look forward to going to work. All the co-workers and the management worked really great together. Could rely on President and Vice President to help out when short handed. The hardest part of the day was covering for lunches. The most enjoyable part of the day was the customers and the desire to help them with there banking needs.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities within the company.
Cons
Only few employees to cover lunches.
ok place to be around others
Teller (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 20, 2016
asurion was not all the great to work out the managers were not that good and there were a lot of bad things going on around the other employees so the environment to work.
Great Place to work
Assistant Vice President (AVP) Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 19, 2016
Generated mortgage residential loans from branch referrals. I had to build relationships with realtors to gain purchase business . The culture was great the staff were very friendly.
A great first full-time job
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 7, 2016
I started out as the file clerk and worked my way to Operations Officer where I was responsible for the Note Department. It was my first full time job out of high school while I went to school at night. Management was supportive.

As Operations Officer I supervised daily activities of the note department; balanced general ledger and other daily activity reports; prepared monthly financial reports and reviews and authorized all bills for payment.
Pros
Lots of group activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

91%