Community Banks of Colorado Employee Reviews

Wouldn not recommend
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Gunnison, CO 81230September 14, 2017
This company is not a place that I would recommend anyone to work. The management is not running properly and the company itself does not function properly.
Empowering workplace focused on teamwork.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
Working at the Lowry banking center has been a wonderful experience. The manager promotes a great team dynamic so that we can all meet and exceed our goals each quarter, ensuring everyone's individual success, and thus ensuring the location's success as well. The company recognizes their employees who do a great job and really enforce helping out the community and the focus on relationship based banking rather than retail sales banking.
Pretty good place
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
The systems are inefficient and you'll have to jump through a lot of hoops to get anything done but a relaxed work environment. Some people are incompetent and it will inhibit you if you need to get something done but everyone is nice and cordial to work with.
Personal banker
Personal Banker/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 7, 2017
My manager is good but regional manager is so bad, and does not respect to any one. Very sales position, they call you sales person instead of personal banker.
Easy job poor management
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 15, 2017
They repeat often that they are all about having a positive great culture but they consistently disprove that. The managers creat a hold with fear. If you are not robotic in work or have the nerve to stand up for your self or a client or even expecting everyone to follow the same rules you will be pushed out as fast as possible. The pay is below par and all management is hired from outside the bank leaving very little opportunity for promotion. They are quick to hire with lots of promises but will saddle you with rarely achieved sales goals ( I never saw anyone hit theirs) and a expectation to provide many of your own leads.
Not a great company to work for.
Unknown (Current Employee) –  UnknownDecember 30, 2016
No communication between departments/employees. Horrible benefits. The company takes away your hard-earned incentives for no reason other than they don't want to pay you. Not a great company to work for.
Rewarding
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 15, 2016
Day consisted of completing daily functions that had deadlines.
Management assisted when needed to complete the daily functions.
Co-workers, we all worked together as we all had daily functions to complete. Hardest part of the job, was the commute. The most enjoyable was my supervisor and co-workers. We all worked well together.
Pros
I liked my job
Cons
Commute
Amazing place to work!
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2016
From the first day the company welcomed me. I trained for 2 weeks and by the end i knew the ins and out of the bank. It was a fast paced environment but I really enjoyed it.
work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 31, 2016
this company is very nice and also nice to work too but it is very hard to hire in this company. the people are very nice too .
Meritocracy, Citizenship, Value, Fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, COJuly 5, 2015
Community Banks of Colorado truly strives to achieve its values, build relationships with clients, and provide the best service possible.
Pros
Banking experience.
Fun Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 1, 2015
We kept busy with work and enjoyed our clientele and did not have any drama with in the atmosphere,

The Management was amazing, the staff friendly and helpful.

I didn't find anything hard about the job, the most enjoyable was the clientele and the staff
What I've learned
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cripple Creek, CO. 80813April 28, 2015
Setup consumer and business accounts. Process wire transfers. Set up online banking for consumer and business clients. Process loan requests and communicate with loan department to follow through with approval documentation.
Order checks for consumer and business clients. Order debit card for consumer or business clients. Handle fraud disputes and account inquiries. Convert existing accounts. Communicate through Emails daily.
I had an excellent banking manager
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 8, 2014
She was one person that always wanted what was best for the company and the employee.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay was not up to par
This place is sneaky, unfair, predgidous and lies
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CoSeptember 27, 2014
This place gets a -0! I was employed with them for quite a while. I had good attendance, good work ethic and loved my clients. I met my quarterly goal and had an awesome review... One week later Community Banks of Colorado terminated my employment.
Cons
If you don't need a loan they don't care about you. It's all about the numbers with this place.
Excellent work environment with other knowledgeable, professional employees
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  South Fork, COJuly 5, 2014
A typical work day consists of moving back-and-forth between the teller line (assisting the other tellers) and spending time in my office setting up new accounts, calling current clients to follow-up with debit card and check orders, loan and visa applications, dispute research, and assisting them with the set-up of online banking.
Our work environment is friendly, fun, and positive. I feel that my fellow bank associates and myself are we personable and genuinely enjoy each other's company, and that of our clients.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Incentive/Pay
New Owners of CBC don't care
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  DenverDecember 3, 2013
The new owners of CBC only care about making sure the sales goals are met. If they are not met you are fired. Customers even notice the tension when they walk in to a branch. Nothing like the old CBC where the upper management cared about the bank and it's employees. The old CEO use to walk into a branch and know the employees by name. Not the new CEO or even upper management (even with name tags). The new owners find ways not to pay bonus or give pay raises. Don the old CEO always found ways to give bonus money and make the employees feel like part of the team. It use to be a great place to work not anymore.
Management and HR need to pay attention to claims of bullying and harassment. It says it in the employee handbook that it won't be tolerated, but yet they turn a blind eye when someone complains.
Pros
Medical better than most places.
Cons
Lots of stress by workers wondering if they will make sales goals & have a job.
Geat co-workers, Bad management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COOctober 29, 2013
Typical day at work was opening and closing the bank, doing daily night drop and customer transactions.learned not a whole lot besides transactions, you were chosen to learn by how well you were liked. Management was unfair and not very knowledgeable with being able to address bank issues appropriately. Treated tellers like nothing of importance unless you had a bigger title. Hardest part was coming to work without being targeted by management and personal banker for something. I did not respect management for outrageous remarks of making a person feel dumber than she, coming from someone who had no experience in management . My co workers were awesome and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers and working with my co workers. Needless to say we were never acknowledged for good work, no company parties, and no raises.
Pros
Descent money
Cons
Great co workers
Good
Approval Officer (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 24, 2013
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 with an hour lunch.
Overworked and underpaid
Teller (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
A typical day would consist of opening the bank, counting deposits in night drop bags,processing and sales of cashiers checks,answering phones, waiting on customers, and balancing cash drawer.
I did not respect my manager.(this is something you earn not something you just get because you hold a title.) I found her to be whimpy when dealing with employees.
My co-workers were awesome.We all worked pretty well as a team.
The hardest part was trying to make it through a day without the manager being on me.Personality conflicts.
I loved my co-workers and had a lot of really nice customers.
Pros
Insurance, holidays off.
Cons
There were no breaks, no overtime, no budget for advertising, then they changed the job mid-stream so they wouldn't have to give raises or bonuses.
New Management & Owners with growing pains
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 18, 2013
The Bank is in a transitional stage going from the legacy Bank of Choice and legacy Community Banks of Colorado into the new Community Banks of Colorado, a division on NBH Bank, N.A. The managers at the regional level and above are hit or miss.

I would not be surprised to see another sale or acquisition in the near future to help mask some of their short-comings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Banks of Colorado. Our community is ready to answer.