Community Banks of Colorado

Community Banks of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

New Owners of CBC don't care
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  DenverDecember 3, 2013
The new owners of CBC only care about making sure the sales goals are met. If they are not met you are fired. Customers even notice the tension when they walk in to a branch. Nothing like the old CBC where the upper management cared about the bank and it's employees. The old CEO use to walk into a branch and know the employees by name. Not the new CEO or even upper management (even with name tags). The new owners find ways not to pay bonus or give pay raises. Don the old CEO always found ways to give bonus money and make the employees feel like part of the team. It use to be a great place to work not anymore.
Management and HR need to pay attention to claims of bullying and harassment. It says it in the employee handbook that it won't be tolerated, but yet they turn a blind eye when someone complains.
Pros
medical better than most places.
Cons
lots of stress by workers wondering if they will make sales goals & have a job.
Geat co-workers, Bad management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COOctober 29, 2013
Typical day at work was opening and closing the bank, doing daily night drop and customer transactions.learned not a whole lot besides transactions, you were chosen to learn by how well you were liked. Management was unfair and not very knowledgeable with being able to address bank issues appropriately. Treated tellers like nothing of importance unless you had a bigger title. Hardest part was coming to work without being targeted by management and personal banker for something. I did not respect management for outrageous remarks of making a person feel dumber than she, coming from someone who had no experience in management . My co workers were awesome and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers and working with my co workers. Needless to say we were never acknowledged for good work, no company parties, and no raises.
Pros
descent money
Cons
great co workers
Amazing place to work!
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 10, 2016
From the first day the company welcomed me. I trained for 2 weeks and by the end i knew the ins and out of the bank. It was a fast paced environment but I really enjoyed it.
work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 31, 2016
this company is very nice and also nice to work too but it is very hard to hire in this company. the people are very nice too .
Overworked and underpaid
Teller (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
A typical day would consist of opening the bank, counting deposits in night drop bags,processing and sales of cashiers checks,answering phones, waiting on customers, and balancing cash drawer.
I did not respect my manager.(this is something you earn not something you just get because you hold a title.) I found her to be whimpy when dealing with employees.
My co-workers were awesome.We all worked pretty well as a team.
The hardest part was trying to make it through a day without the manager being on me.Personality conflicts.
I loved my co-workers and had a lot of really nice customers.
Pros
insurance, holidays off.
Cons
there were no breaks, no overtime, no budget for advertising, then they changed the job mid-stream so they wouldn't have to give raises or bonuses.
Nice people but poor management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJuly 13, 2012
Typical of a Branch Manager position of a small branch, meeting with employees in the morning to discuss issues or concerns and going through the day meeting with clients, scheduling sales calls, community involvement, preparing loan presentations and advising co-workers in other branches regarding loan decisions.

Very interesting group of small banks with loyal, hard working employees but lacked management leadership in dealing with a risk/reward vision. As with to many small organizations that lack knowledgeble leadership, egos and arrogance seeps into middle management and ends in portfolilos that create chaos.

Most undesirable aspect of this relationship was to resist the temptation to place questionable assets on the books to satisfy an agressive appetite for loans.

The relationship was ended by myself to avoid a conflict of visions that had little future.
Pros
the organization was very fair in compensation
Cons
see above
Fun Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 1, 2015
We kept busy with work and enjoyed our clientele and did not have any drama with in the atmosphere,

The Management was amazing, the staff friendly and helpful.

I didn't find anything hard about the job, the most enjoyable was the clientele and the staff
What I've learned
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cripple Creek, CO. 80813April 28, 2015
Setup consumer and business accounts. Process wire transfers. Set up online banking for consumer and business clients. Process loan requests and communicate with loan department to follow through with approval documentation.
Order checks for consumer and business clients. Order debit card for consumer or business clients. Handle fraud disputes and account inquiries. Convert existing accounts. Communicate through Emails daily.
Meritocracy, Citizenship, Value, Fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, COJuly 5, 2015
Community Banks of Colorado truly strives to achieve its values, build relationships with clients, and provide the best service possible.
Pros
Banking experience.
Cons
Not having a manager that stands behind you
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Parker, COApril 2, 2013
Sales of all bank products, opening new account CD's, Checking, Saving, Loans, My co-workers are great. Management is OK, The hardest part of my job is that we don't have the traffic that I would like so we have call nights. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help all tyos of customers.
Pros
to be the best that i can
Cons
not being able to help the client with there needs

Want to know more about Community Banks of Colorado?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment with other knowledgeable, professional employees
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  South Fork, COJuly 5, 2014
A typical work day consists of moving back-and-forth between the teller line (assisting the other tellers) and spending time in my office setting up new accounts, calling current clients to follow-up with debit card and check orders, loan and visa applications, dispute research, and assisting them with the set-up of online banking.
Our work environment is friendly, fun, and positive. I feel that my fellow bank associates and myself are we personable and genuinely enjoy each other's company, and that of our clients.
Pros
environment
Cons
incentive/pay
Good Company
Credit Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 23, 2012
Over the last several years this has been a great company to work for. However, recent organizational changes have made it more difficult to enjoy.
Pros
close knit, flexible management
Cons
lack of communication
Good Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 30, 2012
Great cross training. Varied work day. Good workers. Supportive management.
Wonderful Company
Director-Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 23, 2012
The culture at the bank was the best work environment I have ever experienced.
This place is sneaky, unfair, predgidous and lies
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CoSeptember 27, 2014
This place gets a -0! I was employed with them for quite a while. I had good attendance, good work ethic and loved my clients. I met my quarterly goal and had an awesome review... One week later Community Banks of Colorado terminated my employment.
Cons
if you don't need a loan they don't care about you. it's all about the numbers with this place.
New Management & Owners with growing pains
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 18, 2013
The Bank is in a transitional stage going from the legacy Bank of Choice and legacy Community Banks of Colorado into the new Community Banks of Colorado, a division on NBH Bank, N.A. The managers at the regional level and above are hit or miss.

I would not be surprised to see another sale or acquisition in the near future to help mask some of their short-comings.
Good
Approval Officer (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 24, 2013
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 with an hour lunch.
Great working enviorment and people
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 10, 2012
I have worked here for a number of years and enjoy the work and the people I work with.
Pros
geat work enviroment

Community Banks of Colorado Reviews by Location