Community Banks of Colorado

Community Banks of Colorado Employer Reviews

This place is sneaky, unfair, predgidous and lies
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Englewood, CoSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: if you don't need a loan they don't care about you. it's all about the numbers with this place.
This place gets a -0! I was employed with them for quite a while. I had good attendance, good work ethic and loved my clients. I met my quarterly goal and had an awesome review... One week later Community Banks of Colorado terminated my employment.
Excellent work environment with other knowledgeable, professional employees
Universal Banker (Current Employee), South Fork, COJuly 5, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: incentive/pay
A typical work day consists of moving back-and-forth between the teller line (assisting the other tellers) and spending time in my office setting up new accounts, calling current clients to follow-up with debit card and check orders, loan and visa applications, dispute research, and assisting them with the set-up of online banking.
Our work environment – more... is friendly, fun, and positive. I feel that my fellow bank associates and myself are we personable and genuinely enjoy each other's company, and that of our clients. – less
New Owners of CBC don't care
Universal Banker (Former Employee), DenverDecember 3, 2013
Pros: medical better than most places.
Cons: lots of stress by workers wondering if they will make sales goals & have a job.
The new owners of CBC only care about making sure the sales goals are met. If they are not met you are fired. Customers even notice the tension when they walk in to a branch. Nothing like the old CBC where the upper management cared about the bank and it's employees. The old CEO use to walk into a branch and know the employees by name. Not the new CEO – more... or even upper management (even with name tags). The new owners find ways not to pay bonus or give pay raises. Don the old CEO always found ways to give bonus money and make the employees feel like part of the team. It use to be a great place to work not anymore.
Management and HR need to pay attention to claims of bullying and harassment. It says it in the employee handbook that it won't be tolerated, but yet they turn a blind eye when someone complains. – less
Geat co-workers, Bad management
Teller (Former Employee), Alamosa, COOctober 29, 2013
Pros: descent money
Cons: great co workers
Typical day at work was opening and closing the bank, doing daily night drop and customer transactions.learned not a whole lot besides transactions, you were chosen to learn by how well you were liked. Management was unfair and not very knowledgeable with being able to address bank issues appropriately. Treated tellers like nothing of importance unless – more... you had a bigger title. Hardest part was coming to work without being targeted by management and personal banker for something. I did not respect management for outrageous remarks of making a person feel dumber than she, coming from someone who had no experience in management . My co workers were awesome and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting customers and working with my co workers. Needless to say we were never acknowledged for good work, no company parties, and no raises. – less
Good
Approval Officer (Former Employee), Arvada, COOctober 24, 2013
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 with an hour lunch.
Overworked and underpaid
Teller (Former Employee), Arvada, COOctober 15, 2013
Pros: insurance, holidays off.
Cons: there were no breaks, no overtime, no budget for advertising, then they changed the job mid-stream so they wouldn't have to give raises or bonuses.
A typical day would consist of opening the bank, counting deposits in night drop bags,processing and sales of cashiers checks,answering phones, waiting on customers, and balancing cash drawer.
I did not respect my manager.(this is something you earn not something you just get because you hold a title.) I found her to be whimpy when dealing with employees.
My – more... co-workers were awesome.We all worked pretty well as a team.
The hardest part was trying to make it through a day without the manager being on me.Personality conflicts.
I loved my co-workers and had a lot of really nice customers. – less
New Management & Owners with growing pains
Former Manager (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 18, 2013
The Bank is in a transitional stage going from the legacy Bank of Choice and legacy Community Banks of Colorado into the new Community Banks of Colorado, a division on NBH Bank, N.A. The managers at the regional level and above are hit or miss.

I would not be surprised to see another sale or acquisition in the near future to help mask some of their – more... short-comings. – less
Not having a manager that stands behind you
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Parker, COApril 2, 2013
Pros: to be the best that i can
Cons: not being able to help the client with there needs
Sales of all bank products, opening new account CD's, Checking, Saving, Loans, My co-workers are great. Management is OK, The hardest part of my job is that we don't have the traffic that I would like so we have call nights. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help all tyos of customers.
Good Company
Credit Support Officer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 23, 2012
Pros: close knit, flexible management
Cons: lack of communication
Over the last several years this has been a great company to work for. However, recent organizational changes have made it more difficult to enjoy.
Nice people but poor management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Cortez, COJuly 13, 2012
Pros: the organization was very fair in compensation
Cons: see above
Typical of a Branch Manager position of a small branch, meeting with employees in the morning to discuss issues or concerns and going through the day meeting with clients, scheduling sales calls, community involvement, preparing loan presentations and advising co-workers in other branches regarding loan decisions.

Very interesting group of small banks – more... with loyal, hard working employees but lacked management leadership in dealing with a risk/reward vision. As with to many small organizations that lack knowledgeble leadership, egos and arrogance seeps into middle management and ends in portfolilos that create chaos.

Most undesirable aspect of this relationship was to resist the temptation to place questionable assets on the books to satisfy an agressive appetite for loans.

The relationship was ended by myself to avoid a conflict of visions that had little future. – less
Wonderful Company
Director-Information Technology (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 23, 2012
The culture at the bank was the best work environment I have ever experienced.
Good Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 30, 2012
Great cross training. Varied work day. Good workers. Supportive management.
Great working enviorment and people
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 10, 2012
Pros: geat work enviroment
I have worked here for a number of years and enjoy the work and the people I work with.

About Community Banks of Colorado

Community Banks of Colorado is a division of NBH Bank, N.A. We serve clients throughout Colorado by providing a comprehensive – Read more