COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH

COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

CBH is a Productive Workplace with great benefits.
Behavioral Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2016
CBH is a Non Profit Organization and at this time for me there is no room for advancement.

I have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice Administration for the past 7 years and there is no room for advancement. No growth in my current position.
Pros
Good benefits and great people with flex days
Cons
No more room for advancement
Great Benefits!
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2016
This is a great place to work. Every department has it's pros and cons but overall, this place is a good starting point. The benefits are great! It's hard to leave this place.
Good Place if you like living in Philadelphia
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2016
Decent place to work if you want to stay in the city. There are several interesting opportunities within the organization and definite opportunities for advancement. The salary is decent and time off/benefits are excellent.
very small organization - new management
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 20, 2016
nice company - does great work
very small company but new management is looking to grow the organization
organization is restructuring so what I knew most likely will be entirely different from what it was
Pros
flexible schedule, quiet environment
Cons
very small organization - must be multitasker
Very friendly and helpful environmet
Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2016
I had a wonderful time working in the "Welcome Center" where I was an intern. I set appointments, took vitals and helped with welcoming the patients into the office. My co-workers were wonderful and everyone was extremely helpful.
Pros
Convenient breaks, wonderful interactions with patients.
Cons
Can sometimes be slow.
Great Place to get started
Program Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2017
The company is decent. Since it is a macro level organization you must be comfortable with working independently and handle a fast paced environment. Must be comfortable with change.
A great place to work with excellent benefits. You must be a resident of Philadelphia to work here.
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2014
As a Clinical Care Manager (CCM) for Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS), I performed daily reviews of psychiatric/psychological evaluations to determine medical necessity for this level of care. CCMs are also responsible to complete 60day case reviews with service providers to insure appropriate service delivery. Responsibilities included consultations with CBH doctors, documentation of reviews and communication with service providers, including attendance to team meetings.
Pros
Excellent working environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Cons
Must reside in the city of Philadelphia to maintain employment.
Great Manage Care Facility
Out of Network Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
Currently, I hold the position of Out of Network Team Leader.
From day to day I assist Behavioral Health Providers with contracts and reimbursements
Poor management, but not too bad overall
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2013
CBH is a an MCO that is more compasionate that most. CBH began in the late 1990's, and still has many people working there who were pioneers. They are integrated to Philadelphia, and are at the forefront of behavioral health policy in Philadelphia, but also a lackey of Philadelphia's politicians.

They allow a flexable start time. The office in the old Strawbridge building on Market and 8th. They are becoming limited on space and have considered moving. They have a lot of meetings. They will provide food for a meeting about once per yr.

Benefits are pretty good. Pay is better than you will receive working for most hospitals or outpatient clinics, but not as high as other MCO's in this area. A Clinical Care Manager (graduate level work), starts at $46,600. After 2 yrs I was earning $55,000 with minimal overtime.

The computer system is horrible, but they are in the process of replacing it (as of Nov 2012).

I enjoyed the collegiality. My co-workers were very helpful and it is a positive atmosphere to work in. Management was mediocre. Training was poor and supervision was poor.

Pros
Benefits and positive atmosphere
Cons
Poor supervision and training
Highly Diverse Value-Oriented Company with excellent benefits
State Reporting Coordinator/Senior QI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2012
Working at CBH provided the opportunit to work with one of the most diverse groups of people whom I have ever met. Being part of the start-up enabled me to learn about the Department of Behavioral Heallth from the ground up. Benefits were excellent. Salaries lagged behind the private sector. The shared commitment to core values was one factor that kept me there for 14 years.
Pros
excellent health and 403b plans, great people, location (could walk to work)
Cons
highly political environment, wage compression
Great company, room within for advancement and your able to further your education!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2012
Community Behavioral Health (CBH) is a not-for-profit 501c (3) corporation contracted by the City of Philadelphia to provide mental health and substance abuse services for Philadelphia County Medicaid recipients.
Pros
great benefits, stable employment
Cons
no flexible hours
Wonderful benefits
Claims Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2015
I love CBH!!!!!!!! The company was very laid back and consumer focused. They are trying to make a difference in the lives of the individuals they serve as well as the surrounding communities.
Pros
Quality of work life was excellent
Cons
Not a lot of advancement within company
good first expereince
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38105April 26, 2016
This was my first mental health job, I learned a lot about the field. Enjoyed the patients. A facility where mental health clients can receive the crisis intervention they need.
new open concept workplace, great management team, loving co-workers
TPL Technical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
What I loved most about CBH was the environment. It was safe, bright, and comfortable. Everyone was free to be the individual they were. We were graded and recognized accordingly for our productivity and achievements, not popularity as in previous employer experiences I've had. We, well most of us, had each others back, if a team member was going through something that affected their production, we would all chip in to make sure standards were met/exceeded. The workplace was very family-like and laid back without compromising our professionalism. I remember when I decided, like a crazy person, to take on 3 college courses including a Health Information course and Spanish. I was really struggling with certain verbs and how to use them and a Spanish native coworker tutored me during our lunch breaks and after work sometimes, and even checked my homework before I submitted it...voluntarily. We went above and beyond to be supportive of each others professional goals. Everyone there with the exception of myself and 2 other staff had been with the company for over 12-17 years (the creation of this division of the City) and they geared all their programs and support systems in place toward keeping whoever they hired. Their benefits packages were next to none and only cost $30/mo! The hardest part of the job was my decision to leave. It was something that I had to do because I relocated, but leaving that wonderful job with those caring people was the hardest part.
Pros
Located downtown, free lunches, regular siminars/training/meetings, support systems for weight loss, on site yoga/zumba/and aerobics, health screenings on site (biometric), everything was on site with pay
Cons
too many places to shop at lunch on payday! mandatory overtime all year, good for money, but not good for extra daycare costs!
Great Place to Work
Quality Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2016
Overall a great place to work if you enjoy working with families and providers in the behavioral health field.

Leadership skills and overall professional skills can be enhanced upon. Supportive colleges and rewarding work
A great place to jump start a career ( for some employees such as myself)
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2012
At CBH we have flexible hours 7:00am 3:00pm 8:00am 4:00pm
9:00am 5:00pm
At CBH it mutured me as a person by working in a clerical field I learned how to enter patient codes into the data base. CBH offered tution reinburstment that help me obtain my assoicate degree in computer science. Most of my co-workers that have been there for the ten years or more that I've been there. We have a relations outside of our jobs so that makes it more exciting to go to work.
The hardest part of the job is getting the hang of your duties. After that its been a piece of cake. The most enjoyable part of the job in birthday, holiday, or when someone is leaving on a good note its always a celebration
Weight watchers and fitness programs
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
Consistent client communication, Team work efforts, identified complexed cases, Clinical decision titration, (all ages), Supportive Supervision, intellectual Disability challenges, ability to connect community with resources available
Pros
Group fitness walk participation
Cons
Involuntary staff communication
Could be better.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work but could be better. Management needs a lot of work.
UR and case review
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia June 16, 2013
Conducted daily clinical review and assesment. Although working on a team work was individual.
Pros
Understanding Mediciad
Great!!!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2014
Recovery Walks! For all in recovery who has the desire to stay clean.
Pros
Excellent
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2