COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH

COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

new open concept workplace, great management team, loving co-workers
TPL Technical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
What I loved most about CBH was the environment. It was safe, bright, and comfortable. Everyone was free to be the individual they were. We were graded and recognized accordingly for our productivity and achievements, not popularity as in previous employer experiences I've had. We, well most of us, had each others back, if a team member was going through something that affected their production, we would all chip in to make sure standards were met/exceeded. The workplace was very family-like and laid back without compromising our professionalism. I remember when I decided, like a crazy person, to take on 3 college courses including a Health Information course and Spanish. I was really struggling with certain verbs and how to use them and a Spanish native coworker tutored me during our lunch breaks and after work sometimes, and even checked my homework before I submitted it...voluntarily. We went above and beyond to be supportive of each others professional goals. Everyone there with the exception of myself and 2 other staff had been with the company for over 12-17 years (the creation of this division of the City) and they geared all their programs and support systems in place toward keeping whoever they hired. Their benefits packages were next to none and only cost $30/mo! The hardest part of the job was my decision to leave. It was something that I had to do because I relocated, but leaving that wonderful job with those caring people was the hardest part.
Pros
Located downtown, free lunches, regular siminars/training/meetings, support systems for weight loss, on site yoga/zumba/and aerobics, health screenings on site (biometric), everything was on site with pay
Cons
too many places to shop at lunch on payday! mandatory overtime all year, good for money, but not good for extra daycare costs!
A great place to work with excellent benefits. You must be a resident of Philadelphia to work here.
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2014
As a Clinical Care Manager (CCM) for Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS), I performed daily reviews of psychiatric/psychological evaluations to determine medical necessity for this level of care. CCMs are also responsible to complete 60day case reviews with service providers to insure appropriate service delivery. Responsibilities included consultations with CBH doctors, documentation of reviews and communication with service providers, including attendance to team meetings.
Pros
excellent working environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Cons
must reside in the city of philadelphia to maintain employment.
Could be better.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2014
Good place to work but could be better. Management needs a lot of work.
Great!!!
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2014
Recovery Walks! For all in recovery who has the desire to stay clean.
Pros
excellent
Weight watchers and fitness programs
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
Consistent client communication, Team work efforts, identified complexed cases, Clinical decision titration, (all ages), Supportive Supervision, intellectual Disability challenges, ability to connect community with resources available
Pros
group fitness walk participation
Cons
involuntary staff communication
UR and case review
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJune 16, 2013
Conducted daily clinical review and assesment. Although working on a team work was individual.
Pros
understanding mediciad
Poor management, but not too bad overall
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2013
CBH is a an MCO that is more compasionate that most. CBH began in the late 1990's, and still has many people working there who were pioneers. They are integrated to Philadelphia, and are at the forefront of behavioral health policy in Philadelphia, but also a lackey of Philadelphia's politicians.

They allow a flexable start time. The office in the old Strawbridge building on Market and 8th. They are becoming limited on space and have considered moving. They have a lot of meetings. They will provide food for a meeting about once per yr.

Benefits are pretty good. Pay is better than you will receive working for most hospitals or outpatient clinics, but not as high as other MCO's in this area. A Clinical Care Manager (graduate level work), starts at $46,600. After 2 yrs I was earning $55,000 with minimal overtime.

The computer system is horrible, but they are in the process of replacing it (as of Nov 2012).

I enjoyed the collegiality. My co-workers were very helpful and it is a positive atmosphere to work in. Management was mediocre. Training was poor and supervision was poor.
Pros
benefits and positive atmosphere
Cons
poor supervision and training
ok workplace
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2013
very structured setting with limited flexibility but very well run and ethical overall.
A great place to jump start a career ( for some employees such as myself)
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2012
At CBH we have flexible hours 7:00am 3:00pm 8:00am 4:00pm
9:00am 5:00pm
At CBH it mutured me as a person by working in a clerical field I learned how to enter patient codes into the data base. CBH offered tution reinburstment that help me obtain my assoicate degree in computer science. Most of my co-workers that have been there for the ten years or more that I've been there. We have a relations outside of our jobs so that makes it more exciting to go to work.
The hardest part of the job is getting the hang of your duties. After that its been a piece of cake. The most enjoyable part of the job in birthday, holiday, or when someone is leaving on a good note its always a celebration
Highly Diverse Value-Oriented Company with excellent benefits
State Reporting Coordinator/Senior QI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2012
Working at CBH provided the opportunit to work with one of the most diverse groups of people whom I have ever met. Being part of the start-up enabled me to learn about the Department of Behavioral Heallth from the ground up. Benefits were excellent. Salaries lagged behind the private sector. The shared commitment to core values was one factor that kept me there for 14 years.
Pros
excellent health and 403b plans, great people, location (could walk to work)
Cons
highly political environment, wage compression
Great company, room within for advancement and your able to further your education!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2012
Community Behavioral Health (CBH) is a not-for-profit 501c (3) corporation contracted by the City of Philadelphia to provide mental health and substance abuse services for Philadelphia County Medicaid recipients.
Pros
great benefits, stable employment
Cons
no flexible hours

4.2