COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

Long-Time Employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2017
Excellent company to work for, executive team is forward thinking and open to ideas and change. I would recommend this job to others due to the excellent benefit package and the passion for members embedded in the company's culture.
Pros
benefits, work from home availability, physical environment
Cons
inadequate pay
A day in the life of CBH
Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2017
Working within the Member Services Department, there are some tasks that are routine, however, due to the population served, routine can become urgent.
Great Place. People Are People
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2017
Great Place To Work With Great People. Flexible Work Days And Work Schedules. Paid Time Off Also Medical Benefits And Flex Time. You Could Come In Between 5:30 am and 9:00am Just Had To Work Your 8 Hour Shift. It Was Great.
Relaxed enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Community Behavioral Health is a good place to work for client care, but management has no recognition of this and focuses on their "not for profit" overhead that acts more like a for profit agency.
Mental Health Case Manager
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at this agency but the upper management was not understanding of the requirements that were asked of their case managers nor had they ever held a case management position before.
Great benefits, flexibility & encouragement to professionally grow.
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Phladelphia, PAJune 9, 2017
I have worked in mental health for about 8 year now, and CBH is by far the best location I've ever worked in.

The company provides flexible start times and amazing benefits package including: wellness (fitness classes on site, weightwatchers, biometric screenings, etc.) The health benefits are comprehensive and only $30/mth when you sign up for the wellness program! The company highly encouraged professional growth while here - whether that is finishing up licensure credentials or continued education. They want to promote from within - which is part of why many coworkers have worked here 10+ years.

The department team is amazing. They definitely hire for fit as well as credentials. Furthermore, they expect you to ask questions and learn on the job. That being said, training is pretty much entirely on the job. I was warned it would take a year to learn all the responsibilities and it certainly will. While this doesn't bother me, I think new hire training could use some re-structuring or a shadowing process. Luckily, the team is great at supporting me through the process!
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Professional Development, Team Approach
Cons
Nothing's perfect, but no major cons
CBH takes care of their employees
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
CBH is a great place to work. I have learned so much since I have been there. Everyone seems to work really hard and they are invested and interested in what they are doing. There is always room for advancement and they are understanding about personal issues.
Pros
Lots of social events
Cons
Large workload
Excellent work place
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2017
Great Place to work for. Very Professional and Centered in Advocacy. Management is very supportive and there is plenty of training available to put you in a place to succeed.
Pros
promotion, advancement opportunities
Cons
some ignorance
Great staff
Mental Health RN (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OH 45044April 29, 2017
The environment and staff were great to work with. The management, that was a different story. Management was not welcoming of new ideas or recommendations for improvement.
PRP Worker
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MDApril 25, 2017
Daily picking up customers and helping them with long and short term goals. Customers often feel that you should manage all of their needs, however, most of their needs deal with money and money just isn't available.
working at CBH
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 12, 2017
Working at CBH is great. The employees are nice and friendly as well as the employers. I have learned a lot while being employed here. If not for my relocating to North Carolina I may have retired from here. I think the hardest part of my job here would be dealing with the members and working to get them the services they requested in a timely manner. I enjoy most aspects of the job and would stay if I could.
Great Place to get started
Program Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2017
The company is decent. Since it is a macro level organization you must be comfortable with working independently and handle a fast paced environment. Must be comfortable with change.
Very Organized and fun place to work
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 8, 2017
Behavioral Health Pharmacy (DPH) is a very organized and fun environment to work with mental Health client with blister pack for community clinics as the main focus
Cons
na
Very friendly and helpful environmet
Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2016
I had a wonderful time working in the "Welcome Center" where I was an intern. I set appointments, took vitals and helped with welcoming the patients into the office. My co-workers were wonderful and everyone was extremely helpful.
Pros
Convenient breaks, wonderful interactions with patients.
Cons
Can sometimes be slow.
Great Manage Care Facility
Out of Network Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
Currently, I hold the position of Out of Network Team Leader.
From day to day I assist Behavioral Health Providers with contracts and reimbursements
very small organization - new management
Director of Administration (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 20, 2016
nice company - does great work
very small company but new management is looking to grow the organization
organization is restructuring so what I knew most likely will be entirely different from what it was
Pros
flexible schedule, quiet environment
Cons
very small organization - must be multitasker
Great Benefits!
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2016
This is a great place to work. Every department has it's pros and cons but overall, this place is a good starting point. The benefits are great! It's hard to leave this place.
good first expereince
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38105April 26, 2016
This was my first mental health job, I learned a lot about the field. Enjoyed the patients. A facility where mental health clients can receive the crisis intervention they need.
CBH is a Productive Workplace with great benefits.
Behavioral Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2016
CBH is a Non Profit Organization and at this time for me there is no room for advancement.

I have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice Administration for the past 7 years and there is no room for advancement. No growth in my current position.
Pros
Good benefits and great people with flex days
Cons
No more room for advancement
Great Place to Work
Quality Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2016
Overall a great place to work if you enjoy working with families and providers in the behavioral health field.

Leadership skills and overall professional skills can be enhanced upon. Supportive colleges and rewarding work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

COMMUNITY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Reviews by Location