Community Blood Center

Community Blood Center Employee Reviews in United States

Team members looked out for one another
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2016
Even if a co-worker or a person on another team was having a bad day, they never were disrespectful in front of donors and always show respect.
Great people, great mission
Field Recruiter / Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMay 27, 2016
CBCO was filled with a great group of people working hand in hand to save lives through blood donation. Enjoyed working with this dedicated team.
Relaxing way to help with the community.
Blood Drive Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 23, 2015
My volunteer team helped organize blood donors and keep files and paperwork neat and orderly. This happened once a month throughout my junior and senior year in high school. My team and I would schedule donors through the day and escort them to the buses when it was their time.
Pros
Free pizza, got to know fellow students and teachers better.
Clear Cut understanding of job duties and responsibilities.
DONOR CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2015
I was only a member of the CBC workplace for a month, but from day one they trained us to do the job and made sure that we knew all of the ins and outs of our position. As a DCT (Donor Care Technician) I was responsible for collecting units of blood, transporting those units, as well as screening our donors with a short questionnaire and glucose test to ensure the quality of their donation. I learned that despite what the news and media will have you believe, the world is filled with people who want to help save lives and help treat the human condition. My management team was amazing. They lead from the front and it was reflected in the respect that their co-workers gave them. They made sure that every new trainee was adequately trained and ready for the field. My co-workers were all savvy at their job role and willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of the job was the classroom atmosphere those first few weeks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travelling.
Pros
A different work environment each day, Great training, great benefits
Cons
No set hours
Great experience
Blood Donation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 23, 2015
Learned a lot, loved phlebotomy. Trainer was extremely good at her job, but pretty severe towards trainees. But, taught me a lot about my job.
Pros
experience, phlebotomy, benefits
Cons
trainer
great place to work
Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 7, 2015
Fun and upbeat place to work. Great benefits and coworkers. You get to interact with donors and their stories. You save lives.
A day as a blood donation specialist.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 22, 2015
My shifts varied which was very hard to work with being that I am a single mother but I managed. We had mobile units that would go to businesses and collect blood donations from volunteer donors wanting to help us save lives. We would travel to these locations in company vehicles as a team. My team members were an awesome group of people.
Cons
hours varied
Fun first job!
Blood Donation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2015
CBC was my first phlebotomy job out of school.

It is a very fast paced atmosphere and every day I was faced with new challenges that helped me grow as a person and a profesional.

It is the most fun I have ever had on a job! You get very close with those that you work with and your "regulars".

CBC cannot offer a set schedule due to scheduling around the hosts' schedules.

If you can work flexible hours this is an amazing opportunity!

For example, on Monday I would work 4-1600 and Tuesday I would work 1400-2000. You travel a lot to mobile blood drives with company vehicles with other co-workers which is included in your scheduled work time.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Schedule
Mobile Plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2015
I enjoyed the traveling all over the greater Kansas city area meeting different people and drawing blood great atmosphere employees getting along and over all a great experience for me starting out new.
Challenging work with minimal amount of stress
Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Requires focus and be able to remain calm in stressful situation especially in handling phone calls. Co-workers are fun to work with which made the task less stressful.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
routine tasks
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
• Negotiate details of marketing campaigns with clients and media partners
• Monitor and track campaigns to determine effectiveness and determine future changes
• Develop and present presentations for potential clients and existing C-level executives
Reviews for Community Blood Center are for different companies.
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 10, 2014
I currently work for Community Blood Center. Their main location is in Kansas City. We have locations at Blue Springs, Gladstone, St Joseph, Overland Park, and Topeka.
The Community Blood Centers in other states are not the same company.
Pros
good paychecks
Cons
to tired to have a life outside of work.
Productive and fun work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  KSNovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work was meeting different cultures of people. What I learned is how to be a phlebotomist. The management was very resourceful and helpful. The co-workers were very easy to get along with and helpful.The hardest part was finding a vein. The most enjoyable part was sticking the vein, and taking vital signs.
Pros
meeting different types of people
Cons
setting up the mobile sites
Great place. Only left because of our move to Florida.
Medical Records Clerk-Record Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 14, 2014
Started out as a Secretary and then moved on to the Records Department. Loved all the people I worked under and with.
Pros
wonderful people and place.
Cons
about 20 plus miles from my home.
Good benefits but low pay
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 10, 2014
Not a bad job to gain experience but be ready to work some crazy schedules. They will warn you of that upfront. I didn't think management acted very professional.
benefits
Cons
pay, basically no break, work schedule
Enjoyed working and knowing I was helping save lives
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 13, 2014
Typical day at work, was getting the mobiles ready for the blood drives scheduled for the day, Taking the donors screening them to qualify them to be donors, then prep them to donate their blood, finished with that then we would have to disconnect the blood and heat and seal the blood. When day was done we clean up the mobile make sure we had the blood all in order to take back to the lab where they finish prepping and testing the tubes we drew from the donors to make sure their blood is safe for the person receiving the blood.
Enjoyed my coworkers we had fun and worked as a team.
The hardest part was the hours, Worked some days till late at night and then back in the next morning very early.
The most enjoyable part was working with the donors meeting some wonderful people who wanted to save a life.
Pros
working with most of the employees and they would have some free lunches and fun spiffs.
Cons
sometime no breaks, hours
Great place to work!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 29, 2014
This is a very family oriented company. Professional but laid back. Co-workers were dependable and team work was always present. I enjoyed all areas of my job here.
Pros
family environment
Cons
na
Stimulating reseach environment
Research Technologist and Chemical Hygiene Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioApril 25, 2014
Analysis of blood for transfusion; tested donor blood; provided chemical hygiene training and disposal.
Stay away
Collections (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 28, 2014
Stay away. What CBC/CTS does for people that need blood or tissue is great, how they treat employees is horrible. The management is abusive and the HR department does nothing. Place needs a freaking union.
Pros
few if any
Cons
work there and you'll find out about a week in
Fun and you get to travel
Blood Donor Specialist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 22, 2014
donors are awesome! amazing people that take time out of their days to donated out of the kindness of their hearts with nothing in return. you do travel most of the time and never have the same schedule.

Community Blood Center Reviews by Location