Community Bridges Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for. Fast pace job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 8, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great staff. Ability to transport pregnant women , children within the residential facility. Being able to facilitate transportation to clients with the facility community to and from medical ,drug court appointments. Being part of the clinical staff enable me to facilitate information to counselors and facility staff.
Pros
Learned a lot about behaviorhealth and different agencies.
Cons
N/A
Counselor for substance abuse clients.
counselor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 31, 2015
Undercover Boss should engage in investigating this facility. It might surprise the CEO. Supervisors will talk through both sides of their mouths and throw you under the bus. If this was an environment to leave a tip there would be none.
Pros
Sometimes a fee lunch.
Cons
Lack of support for the direct staff who usually make the biggest impact.
Caring workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work if you care about people. Management is easy going and work together. It was really nice to see how nice everyone was to each other.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Typical Day at CBI
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 29, 2015
At times frustrating, daily changes to client rules/regulations by management made is difficult to provide A+ services to the clients under my care. Went through 3 managers during the 2 years I worked for them. Very little communication, most of the times I would find out changes through my clients, which I would then confirm with management, making it seem that I didn't know what I was doing while on shift. At times, this made me feel like I didn't meet the needs of my clients. However, the benefits and salary were great.
Poor Management who showed favortism
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 14, 2015
The hardest part of the job was having a boss who screamed at her5 employers and did not believe her employees. Made working there extremely hostile.
Pros
Wintnessed a baby being delivered.
Cons
Never received desrved recognition.
Productive and Fund work environment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAAugust 9, 2015
Decent amount of HR exposure, but overall helps you grow both, professionally and academically. Very supportive management team that is open-minded about suggestions. I never felt that I was an 'intern.'
Internship
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring MDJuly 29, 2015
It was a great learning experience. The job place was filled with great co workers and a great boss. They really tried to empower the girls.
Saving people's lives
Outpatient Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
Good company to work with. A typical day is that it busy from the time you walk in the door until your end of the day. This is a 24hour 7 day a week agency. Because of the volume of consumers, management and other staff have to ensure that paperwork and documentation is complete, some call it micromanage but it is necessary for operations. The most enjoyable part of the job was trainings and the end of the day. Scheduling could get a little complex but there are a lot of people who need to be assisted and CBI is there to help
Pros
Helping lots of people
Cons
Fast pace, high volume
Relax flexible place to work
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of seeing clients helping them with becoming better parents through the Triple P Program. Data entry of clients assessments preparing for classes workshops and other office task as they come up. My co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of my job is dealing with many issues that our clients have. What I enjoy about my job is being able to help out parents with their parenting skills and that this job is flexible.
Pros
flexible, relax environment
Cons
pay isn't so good, not much room for advancement
flexiible hours, but did not like that the company ended earn time for part-time employees
Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 22, 2014
Community Bridges provides valuable services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with individuals having special needs, and watching their enjoyment when they participate in community activities, such as Bingo. The most challenging part of the job is seeing that families need to attend the numerous meetings (at least every four months) that are often the same content, rehashing the same issues, and lack of follow-up due to the high staff turnover. Management should really decrease the number of required meetings to accommodate family schedules, particularly when they are most often nonproductive.
Excellent agency
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 11, 2014
Excellent agency provides people with disabilities the chance to be introduced into the community. There was no hard part of this job. It was enjoyable to see the young man I worked with transpire into a social butterfly and to see him interact with society.
Pros
helping/assisting a young man with cerebral palsey
Very busy with many deadlines
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 10, 2014
This position was an externship.
Lots of Deadlines and attention to detail.
Fun for those who want to work with kids
Intern (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 17, 2014
It was fun. Good plan to help out children growing up in impoverished communities.
Very nice company to work for but unfortunately not enough hours.
Early Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 17, 2014
I like working for this company but I need more hours/clients to support myself.
Pros
independence.
Cons
not enough hours
Great Place
Assistant Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJanuary 14, 2014
Wonderful staff great working environment.A residential facility for indiviuals with developmental disabilities.
A hospital with a heart
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 11, 2013
I havent worked at CMC for about 12 yers now. But when I was there I was treated with respect and felt that we did a good job doing the same wth our paients and their families.
I worked my way through graduate school there as a orderly and they went out of their way to hlelp me with scheduling work around my classes. i later used my degree there and moved up to behavioral therapist. It was my first "professional" job. Pretty cool.
Pros
flexible as my needs chaged. supportive of my schooling
Always Engaging with Individuals
Direct Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Concord NHNovember 7, 2013
My work day is very busy filled with preparing meals, answering individuals questions, involving individuals with activities and social conversations, providing direct caring, laundry and clean up. Teamwork is a large part of my job at Community Bridges, and I have learned how to assist others well.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
high stress
working with adult developmental disability individuals is rewarding
Quality Assurance/Case Management (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 27, 2013
I worked with employees to develop and write IEP programs for residents.
Pros
challenging
Supporting individuals with disabilities
support (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 4, 2013
Working with indviduals with disabilities is alot of fun.. Communication, management and pay are horrible and there is no opportunity for advancement.
Cons
no raises, no advancement
Lunches, great co-workers, kind dedicated individuals
RN, BSN, PHN (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Great patients, most co-workers kind and dedicated, rewarding to help the disabled, homeless, and medically challenged patients. Management is kind.
Pros
free lunches, good benifits, open to suggestions
Cons
a small number of staff were difficult to deal with at times. funding is low.