Community Care Alliance Employee Reviews

well put together
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 16, 2018
It was an entertaining and enjoyable job... The managers and supervisors were very nice and would appreciate your hard work. It rarely went unnoticed.
Poor working environment
Substance abuse counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 13, 2018
Would never recommend working here. Management is cut throat. Co-workers are not supportive. No set working hours and training is non existent.would disuade people from working here.
Pros
Non existent
Cons
Poor management
will close
Family Health Network, Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
This company is closing. I have nothing else to say. do not work for this company. the doors will be closed on 12/31/2017. I have nothing to say on this company.
Supportive and family-centered workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 2, 2017
Since I have started at the agency I have noticed the overwhelming amount of supervisor involvement. There is not a week that goes by where I am not asked by my supervisor or another one in the building about how I am feeling about my cases and if I need any help with anything. There is always someone to direct questions to. The caseload is also very manageable and I have never felt over worked. Additionally, the flexibility and benefits make up for the low wages. I think this is a great place to work and mostly a great place to learn. This job as case manager would be great for anyone but especially those that are new to the field. Because of the numerous programs that exist within the agency, there is always room to grow and learn new things about the field. Community Care Alliance is also constantly offering trainings and allowing its employees to advance and broaden their knowledge.
Pros
Warm and welcoming environment
Amazing program with great leadership!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 1, 2017
I see some reviews about the agency, but none of these are accurate for this particular program. (And some are quite exaggerated overall). This is a mission-based program providing an invaluable service to families. There is a great deal of flexibility for staff, and constant support from leadership. This is a great opportunity!
Pros
flexibility, supervision, support, benefits, decent salary for CM role
Cons
emotional job due to nature of the work
Fun fun fun
Youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 31, 2017
If you love working with kids and other young adults you will live this job. You do education activites, arts,writing and much more. There are a varied amount of groups you can enter as well.
Pros
Good people, cleanly establishment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 19, 2017
- I learned how to communicate with customers in professional manner.
- They provided workshops to teach us how to time manage.
- The job was most enjoyable to due to the open environment that the employers tried to provide.
Clients are great and coworkers are fun
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 25, 2017
Its a company that tries to provide multiple benefits to many clients in the community. However, they tend to neglect to make changes to benefit their employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Interesting work place, variety of educational skills
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  RIMarch 10, 2017
EXcellent work environment, on site trainings,excellent team work.multitasking experience, computer training/electronic records used. Experience in co-ordinating patient services with other disciplines /hospitals, doctors offices , other health care facilities.
Pros
FRiendly work environment
Cons
PArking
Cca
Fee for Service Clinician in Adult Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 8, 2017
The agency does good work, has hard working employees and completes impossible everyday. It has been a pleasant experience, I am part of good teams with good people. We live in a world depended on by state and federal funding. We live in a world that is accomplishing tasks for people that others would not understand. Working here is difficult on some days and on others it is pleasant. Access to upper management is a pro and con, but being recognized by the President of the agency feels good because you know he is taking a personal interest in every individual employee.
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
;ots of restrictions by funders of important programs.
Great resource, great people, great programs
Highway Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJanuary 19, 2017
Plenty of resources and all types of connections. Great people who know what they're doing. I was working for the city of Woonsocket over the summer, referred here.
Pros
Will do everything they can to get you employed, Pay you to hold a job or go to school with the WEOA program
Cons
Alot of work is temporary
Working with kids younger than I am
Junior Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 6, 2016
When I worked for Community Care Alliance I worked with middle schoolar's and I thought it was difficult but then I got used to the feeling of working with kids a little younger than me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sickness
Fun but stressful place
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIOctober 5, 2016
This company is a great starting point for someone looking to work with social, emotional behavioral kids. The only downside is it lacks good pay and advancement.
Pros
Good work place, coworkers are friendly
Cons
pay, lack of advancement opprotunity
Do not apply here
Licensed Life and Health Bi-Lingual Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2016
This place micro manages you. They have the poorest leaders. They don't care about you. They make you drive down to Rockford, IL for one app. Undercompensated, over worked and stressed out. No sales with this company. Benefits are for the birds.
Good company
Social Worker At Acute Stabilization unit (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RISeptember 6, 2016
This facility is very helpful with clients who require acute care services, including medication management and detoxification services. The staff works as a team to help clients achieve their goals. For a community mental health agency, it is a good company to work for in terms of benefits and opportunities.
Pros
supportive, good team work, good opportunities.
Cons
pay is average for community healthcare
Good learning enviornment. very caring employees.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ASU, North KingstonSeptember 6, 2016
The ASU is a great environment for RN's who are interested in helping individuals in acute psychiatric crisis. Very skilled nursing team. Good management and support. This program also incorporates holistic practices such as art, gardening,exercise, meditation and music into the daily treatment schedule. good RN to client ratio - 13 bed unit. Need to be energetic, compassionate and well organized. RN's receive excellent training.
Poor staffing
Psychiatric RN, Acute Stabilization Unit (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIAugust 24, 2016
Company has the best intentions but is grossly understaffed. RN's provide all aspects of client care, facilitate admissions referrals and coordination, acute assessments, discharge planning, insurance authorizations etc. Poor support staff.
Great program, lack of good management
Program Specialist for Career Advancement (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 24, 2016
This agency has great potential, but directors and supervisors are not very well rounded. I would recommend that they get training in leadership.
Terrible place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMay 4, 2016
High case loads, Raises are non existent and not based on performance reviews. Trainings are consistently cancelled making it nearly impossible to complete certificates and internal trainings; job advancement is minimal due to inability to complete certificates and internal training.
Agency takes good care of employers in matter of security
Scheduler Specialist/Interpreter/Admin. Assist (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 25, 2016
Busy front desk, interaction with clients, managed clinicians and counselors calendar, answering telephone calls constantly, confirm appointments within 48 hours, take care of cancellations and rescheduling appointments, collect payments, write 10-day letters, call clients to schedule first time appointment. Close clinic.
I have learned to pace myself in order to avoid errors.
Managed 8 hour schedule to finish all day work.
Co-workers are very supported.
Hardest part of work is not enough time left to attend agency's committees. Most enjoyable part is to engage in interpreting services in different areas of the agency, because it breaks away from the busy reception desk.
Pros
All-day-Staff Day, Excellent Benefits
Cons
Short Brakes, low compensation