Community Care Inc. Employee Reviews

Small office setting with hard-working people
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 11, 2013
For much of my day, working for Community Care, I am following up on phone calls from program members, voice mails, and emails. There is also a lot of documentation needed in order to track everyone's work productivity. This means any piece of work you do for any particular member, that work needs to be documented. This is done so that the state can accurately determine the amounts of funds that should be designated for each registered member within the Family Care program. During my time with Community Care, I have learned many of the "ins and outs" of how the Medicare and Medicaid programs operate. I've learned what services each program will authorize funds to go towards and what percentage of that service or product is covered. I have also strengthened my problem-solving skills in order to help members determine different ways that can cover the remaining costs of their services or product purchases, I also continually review and analyze members' costs and have also worked through ways to create cost effectiveness, while keeping the members' needs met. There is also financial budget developments that is involved and I have served as our county's team leader with this. I have worked with a small group a very hard-working, dedicated people. The hardest part of this job would be not being able to focus on the financial part (budgets review/developments, ect.) as much as I would like, due to time constraints. Another difficult part of this job is the long commute (1 hour) to and from the office every day. The part of this job I enjoy the most is being able to help people that  more... otherwise would not be able to get help, due to their various disabilities or frailties. That is easily this job's biggest reward.  less
Pros
hard-working co-workers, reward of helping others
Cons
long commute, not enough work with finances
Excellent care management services and flexible career
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 12, 2014
As a Care Manager, you work with members who qualify into the Medicaid funded program, Family Care. These members fit into the target groups of Frail Elder, Physically Disabled, or Intellectual/Development Delay. Mission of Community Care is to maintain a member's independence level. Members have the ability to work with a team to help achieve their level of independence. Included in the team are the Care Manager and RN Care Manager. Community Care was my first career out of college. They have helped me grow as a professional with substantial amounts of training related to many at-risk groups, developed an open work environment, and promoted flexibility within the office. My coworkers are very outgoing, strong, and interesting individuals. Everyone is very open and able to listen to each other with no inner office complications. The most difficult part of the job can be maintaining cost-effectiveness while finding the most appropriate services to develop independence with the member. The most exciting part of the job was the team led discussions within the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was having an open door policy with our supervisors. They are very easy going, personable, and direct when appropriate.
Very Rewarding Work, Enjoyable Place To Be.
Direct Support Professional, HCBS, Mentor (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, IAMay 26, 2013
-Provide routine, personal healthcare, such as bathing, dressing, or grooming, to mentally ill, developmentally disabled, brain injured or autistic persons in the home of individuals or in a residential care facility.
-Ensured individuals’ health, safety, and welfare needs were met.
-Entertained, conversed with, or read aloud to individuals to keep them mentally healthy and alert
-Planed, purchased, prepared, or served meals to individuals, according to prescribed diets.
-Provided support in completion of individuals goals and activities of daily living.
-Distributed medication according to each individual’s medication administration records.
-Transported individuals to Special Olympics events, and encouraged there progress with each event.
-Mentored new employee’s in each individuals care plan and ensured that they were observed and encouraged for an adequate amount of time before they would work alone with the individuals.
Pros
rewarding life experiences, great benefits, excellent training
Cons
was refused a transfer and lied to about openings at another office when relocating my family.
Community Care Inc
In this position as Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2013
As a Care Manager with Community Care be ready for high volume and high stress demanding community caseload. Management overall is supportive and training was excellent. Coworkers were supportive and geniunely committed to helping individuals with affirmities of aging, developmental disabilities and mental health issues. The hardest part of the job is that every individual on your caseload requires authorization for all services through the Medicare competitive bidding process and Medicaid through the Waiver program, making them dependent on the care manager to meet all medical and social needs. The Family Care/Medicaid Waiver system seems to foster dependence and entitlement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility in managing your day and the supportive environment of the company and it's employees.
Pros
salary, flexibility, access to work from home computer
Cons
caseloads extremely high for intensive needs of clientele
A busy place that has the most caring staff I have worked with in my entire life.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2015
As this being a busy place to work, it is a place that has a very caring staff, co-workers are very supportive and caring of members and one another. They do great things for their members and for each other.
Let's hope the constant changes in the health care doesn't change the quality of services.
It's difficult when your job position has been eliminated due to these changes but when you also loose the close support from a work family of professionals and also the feeling you really made a difference in members lives.
Pros
you as a provider, are also the members insurance company, which allows more flexibility with providing services..
Cons
You have to convice a team of professionals of these needs and why
Very productive and fun place to work, very comfortable yet professional atmsphere
direct support professioonal (Former Employee) –  anamosa IowaNovember 18, 2013
Learned leadership skills as well as time management skills. The management ran the company efficiently. Typical day at work consisted of supervising 25 mentally ill individuals and helped them rebuild social skills needed to live in society. Hardest part of the job was learning to be patient with the individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the individuals every day and learning about their lives.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, loved my managers and clients
Cons
did not offer as many health benefits as i would have liked
Productive and fun workplace where you can help others better themselves
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, IAJuly 20, 2015
Completed hourly bed checks, talking and communicating with residents as need be on a daily basis, filing and documenting each day and completing computer work while making sure that 3rd shift duties were complete and ensuring the residents health, safety, and welfare.
Enjoyed the people served
Home Community Based Waiver Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeWitt IAOctober 15, 2013
Enjoyed my job at CCI , my peers were very good to work with. The clients that we served were remarkable and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I had there. I did get to learn a lot about the residential side of Human services.
Pros
my peers, learned alot about residential, spending time with clients.
I assisted retired school sisters teachers.
Cna/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 5, 2013
I was a 3rd shift worker, and I use to work various shifts as needed. I walked rounds, checked each client for comfort, and assisted the sleepless ones. My co-workers and I worked as a team, and often assisted 1st shift, with dressing additional clients when able.
Pros
weekly lucheons.
Cons
short breaks at times.
Uncertainity of maintaing your job despite working hard continuously throughout your shift
Direct Service Professional/CMA (Current Employee) –  IASeptember 18, 2012
The individuals are wonderful to work with, the staff are eager to work as a team, the hours on first shift are ideal however the managament do not seem to really care for their employees.
Pros
work 6am-2pm
Cons
work every other weekend
It's a great place to work it just has to be your kind of thing to fully enjoy it!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  De Witt, IAMarch 13, 2013
I love working here. I love working with the individuals and helping them get through their lives as normal as possible it adds moral values to my life.
Pros
the staff can be fun and enjoyable to work with and the over time availability is awesome.
I am a dedicated worker for a company who ended up leaving its employees high and dry.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  IAApril 16, 2014
Nothing to review about the company. All I can inform about is my dedication to this company who did not have regard for its employees in keeping them aware of what was going on with the company.
Pros
my individuals
Cons
company went bankrupt.
That I work very well been a team player
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2012
What ever I'm working has to be completed on time and with good quality. I learn to work well with other people. I always get alone with management its the repect you give and receive.I enjoy challenging sitation.
Pros
beening positive about situations
Cons
try to stay away from negativity
Inaccurate job description
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 11, 2015
If you want to work with clients this isn't the job for you. Nearly 80% of the time is spent managing paperwork. Co-workers are generally friendly and management seem competent but have a disconnect with Human Resources.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
too much paperwork
Great atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WIJune 17, 2014
I currently do care management for a diverse population. I work as part of a team to coordinate health care for our members. Completing Longterm care functional screen and inhome assessment tools as well as care planning and assessments.
Nice place to work
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2014
This job was fun because I was always helping someone. I worked with individuals who had challenges, and my job was to make sure that they become more independent. I helped them but also made sure that they knew how to do their daily needs.
Large case loads.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2013
It is difficult at times to leave work feeling you completed your daily tasks, as they are not able to keep good nursing to maintain a reasonable case load. You are over worked at most times.
Pros
most co workers are nice
Cons
mgt. tends to put targets on people
Taking care of children with trach, feeding tube on ventilator
Licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 21, 2012
I like working with children, one on one patient care, you get to know your patients well
Pros
learned alot of crital care skills
Cons
when patient is suck in hospital you dont work
Hab Tech
HAB TECH/CNA (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 8, 2014
Worked one on one with different residents assigned to. Guidelines are within company status to help with care. Filled out paper work on patients and reported any changes made. Filled out and signed off of duties with any clients.
making recreational calendars can be challenging
Community Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2012
i enjoy working with people and doing new activities in the workplace
Pros
pleasant place to work
Cons
slow progression to move up with company