Community Care Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 15, 2017
nurse cares for pediatric patient with special needs. management pleasant to deal with. most enjoyable part is teaching thee children and seeing improvements.
Great company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 10, 2017
Loved working for this company I would recommend them to anyone. I loved the office people as well as the people in the workplace that I was with I would highly recommend them
Got to be on your feet.
Hcbs (Former Employee) –  De Witt, IAApril 16, 2017
It was quick job. There was no sitting around. Always had to be ready to help clients with there needs. Had to work well with other staff. Had different homes to go into. Had to help clean cook.
Pros
Was able to help clients meet there living guidlines
Cons
No breaks.
Productive and fun workplace
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Villa Grove, ILMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy taking care of elders, I enjoy what I do for this company to provide the services of their needs, I assist with their meds, I run their errands, cook, clean, and assist with their personal needs.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA 15601March 8, 2017
Working for Community Care was very beneficial to my career.
I really learned alot from this company.

I met some clients that were in need of this company. They were thankful for the service that Community Care offered. Because without this service most of the client had no other resources for living independently.

The hardest part of this job was to see those that were critically injured and suffered from depression. Sometimes you would not want to leave them for the day. Also when a client passes away. You do become attached to them like family.
Pros
most times client and provider would have lunch together
Cons
healthcare or benefits were not provided
Challenging But Enjoyable
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Ive Learned How To Open And Close The Store
Handle Money And Deposits
Good Management Manager Was Friendly And Understanding
Co-workers Were Friendly And Easy Going
The Hardest Part Was Dealing With Rude Customers
I Really Enjoyed Working For This Company Because I've Learned Alot About Working In Sales And Having The Ability To Work By Myself It Was Challenging But Enjoyable
okay
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2016
working with different clients daily can be a task but they deserve better services than what community care provides them.
Pros
meet new people daily
Cons
housekeeping
Horrible work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2016
I have been working for community care for almost 3 years now and it has gotten worse as the years go by Management is horrible. Always having a high turn over rate. Some managers don't know wjat they are doing and play way too much favotism. They complain about employees having overtime , but do nothing to help solve the problem. It is hard to balance work and your personal life. They aren't willing to work with your schedule if you need to make doctors appointments or any other appointments. It always seems like the employees are walking on egg shells trying not to say anything that could get you fired. I have seen where they boss asked for an employees opinion and they did not like what they said and that employee was fire. It stopped beings A career anf became a cheak to pay the bills .
great work enviroment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILAugust 29, 2016
community care is a great company to work for. The managers are friendly and the clients are amazing. What I enjoy most about working for the company is the relationship built with the clients.
RNs don't quit your current position
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2016
As an RN you will work with two case managers, who each share half of your case load. As the nurse you complete a far more extensive assessment and have a greater level of responsibility, the CM's do not seem to recognize that you have twice the case load as they do. The job is demanding, the paperwork is prolific and you will be pulled in multiple directions to complete visits, CMs often scheduling you to be at multiple reviews, with little time to actually travel there. Forget about having lunch! You'll need to come up with a way to teleport yourself, just to make the visits. Plan on spending your evenings, holidays, weekends completing the volumes of documentation, RADs , long term care functional screens, assessments, case notes and authorizations that you cannot possibly accomplish during working hours. The organization provides you a tablet to assist you in working at all times. RNs advised not to quit their hospital positions to work for this organization. The pay is much better in the hospital and you are actually finished working when you click out for the day.
Pros
The members
Cons
Overworked and undervalued as an RN
challenging
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2016
Community Care was a great work place to learn my secretary skills
every day being there was a thinking challenge. Community care had a lot of positive health courses available for you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unstable employment
Nice place to work
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee County, WIJune 22, 2016
An RN Case Manager works with 2 case managers to manage a group of 80 members. Nurses assist with medical concerns, hospital discharge and are required to assesss each member every 6 months. Work day is pretty flexible to work well with child care. Co-workers are pleasant, professional, and helpful. Management is good - provides appropriate feedback and training and are not micromanaging. You learn a lot about Medicare and Medicaid services. Providing for difficult member's needs can be draining at times, but you do it as part of a team. Pay here is better than at other Family Care MCO's. Benefits good too. Some nurses miss direct care, but I personally don't miss all the drama, disrepsect, and the lousy hours that go with it. It is more paperwork than some nurses expect, but I found it about the same as home health really.
Pros
everything
Cons
haven't found any yet
Good place to work. Much knowledge was gained.
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2015
CCI provides community members with a great health care system to take advantage of. All physical and mental heath needs can be met.
Medications are provided.

Employees are treated fairly and well compensated. Hard work is expected and most often required.

The most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job is the provision of care to patients who have been under-served.

Hardest part of the job is the loss of a patient.
Inaccurate job description
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 11, 2015
If you want to work with clients this isn't the job for you. Nearly 80% of the time is spent managing paperwork. Co-workers are generally friendly and management seem competent but have a disconnect with Human Resources.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
too much paperwork
Productive and fun workplace where you can help others better themselves
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, IAJuly 20, 2015
Completed hourly bed checks, talking and communicating with residents as need be on a daily basis, filing and documenting each day and completing computer work while making sure that 3rd shift duties were complete and ensuring the residents health, safety, and welfare.
A busy place that has the most caring staff I have worked with in my entire life.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 30, 2015
As this being a busy place to work, it is a place that has a very caring staff, co-workers are very supportive and caring of members and one another. They do great things for their members and for each other.
Let's hope the constant changes in the health care doesn't change the quality of services.
It's difficult when your job position has been eliminated due to these changes but when you also loose the close support from a work family of professionals and also the feeling you really made a difference in members lives.
Pros
you as a provider, are also the members insurance company, which allows more flexibility with providing services..
Cons
You have to convice a team of professionals of these needs and why
Transportation driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 19, 2015
Transporting clients to and from medical appointments, medicines to clients if not at the Adult Day Center. Also, delivery of hot meals at times.
Pros
helping the elderly and disable
Rn
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 28, 2015
It is a very diverse place to work. Great co-workers. Great place to get to get experience with working in the communities of the less privilaged.
Home Health Care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILJanuary 22, 2015
This company provides a service that helps many people remain active in their homes.
Great atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WIJune 17, 2014
I currently do care management for a diverse population. I work as part of a team to coordinate health care for our members. Completing Longterm care functional screen and inhome assessment tools as well as care planning and assessments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Care Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9