COMMUNITY CARE INC

COMMUNITY CARE INC Employer Reviews

No benifits unless you work more than 30hrs aweek
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), New Stanton PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my clients
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed working with my clients I never got enough hours to suit me
Excellent care management services and flexible career
Care Manager (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJune 12, 2014
As a Care Manager, you work with members who qualify into the Medicaid funded program, Family Care. These members fit into the target groups of Frail Elder, Physically Disabled, or Intellectual/Development Delay. Mission of Community Care is to maintain a member's independence level. Members have the ability to work with a team to help achieve their – more... level of independence. Included in the team are the Care Manager and RN Care Manager. Community Care was my first career out of college. They have helped me grow as a professional with substantial amounts of training related to many at-risk groups, developed an open work environment, and promoted flexibility within the office. My coworkers are very outgoing, strong, and interesting individuals. Everyone is very open and able to listen to each other with no inner office complications. The most difficult part of the job can be maintaining cost-effectiveness while finding the most appropriate services to develop independence with the member. The most exciting part of the job was the team led discussions within the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was having an open door policy with our supervisors. They are very easy going, personable, and direct when appropriate. – less
I am a dedicated worker for a company who ended up leaving its employees high and dry.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), IAApril 16, 2014
Pros: my individuals
Cons: company went bankrupt.
Nothing to review about the company. All I can inform about is my dedication to this company who did not have regard for its employees in keeping them aware of what was going on with the company.
CNA (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Home Care establishment and good managementskills treat employee's good.
A company with their heart in the right place.
HCBS Supervisor (Current Employee), DeWitt, IAApril 5, 2014
This company got it self into allot of trouble with the government, and is getting shut down.
Nice place to work
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2014
This job was fun because I was always helping someone. I worked with individuals who had challenges, and my job was to make sure that they become more independent. I helped them but also made sure that they knew how to do their daily needs.
Fun place to work
Meals on Wheels Driver (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: being out among people
Cons: i get done with my route too soon
people there are friendly and cordial. No undo pressure put upon drivers to complete their routes.
Caring work place
Homecare Aide (Former Employee), Fairfield, ILNovember 19, 2013
This job took a lot of patents because I cared for elderly. On a daily bases I went into the home of an elderly person and helped clean house, take them to dr. or other errands.
Very productive and fun place to work, very comfortable yet professional atmsphere
direct support professioonal (Former Employee), anamosa IowaNovember 18, 2013
Pros: comfortable atmosphere, loved my managers and clients
Cons: did not offer as many health benefits as i would have liked
Learned leadership skills as well as time management skills. The management ran the company efficiently. Typical day at work consisted of supervising 25 mentally ill individuals and helped them rebuild social skills needed to live in society. Hardest part of the job was learning to be patient with the individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was interacting with the individuals every day and learning about their lives. – less
Community Care Inc
In this position as Care Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: salary, flexibility, access to work from home computer
Cons: caseloads extremely high for intensive needs of clientele
As a Care Manager with Community Care be ready for high volume and high stress demanding community caseload. Management overall is supportive and training was excellent. Coworkers were supportive and geniunely committed to helping individuals with affirmities of aging, developmental disabilities and mental health issues. The hardest part of the job – more... is that every individual on your caseload requires authorization for all services through the Medicare competitive bidding process and Medicaid through the Waiver program, making them dependent on the care manager to meet all medical and social needs. The Family Care/Medicaid Waiver system seems to foster dependence and entitlement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility in managing your day and the supportive environment of the company and it's employees. – less
Enjoyed the people served
Home Community Based Waiver Services Supervisor (Former Employee), DeWitt IAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: my peers, learned alot about residential, spending time with clients.
Enjoyed my job at CCI , my peers were very good to work with. The clients that we served were remarkable and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I had there. I did get to learn a lot about the residential side of Human services.
I assisted retired school sisters teachers.
Cna/Caregiver (Former Employee), Greenfield, WISeptember 5, 2013
Pros: weekly lucheons.
Cons: short breaks at times.
I was a 3rd shift worker, and I use to work various shifts as needed. I walked rounds, checked each client for comfort, and assisted the sleepless ones. My co-workers and I worked as a team, and often assisted 1st shift, with dressing additional clients when able.
Nice Place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2013
Flexible with family life. I work 8am to 4:30pm, scheduling for Primary care, Nursing, and Psychology.
Large case loads.
LPN (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2013
Pros: most co workers are nice
Cons: mgt. tends to put targets on people
It is difficult at times to leave work feeling you completed your daily tasks, as they are not able to keep good nursing to maintain a reasonable case load. You are over worked at most times.
Small office setting with hard-working people
Care Manager (Current Employee), West Bend, WIAugust 11, 2013
Pros: hard-working co-workers, reward of helping others
Cons: long commute, not enough work with finances
For much of my day, working for Community Care, I am following up on phone calls from program members, voice mails, and emails. There is also a lot of documentation needed in order to track everyone's work productivity. This means any piece of work you do for any particular member, that work needs to be documented. This is done so that the state can – more... accurately determine the amounts of funds that should be designated for each registered member within the Family Care program. During my time with Community Care, I have learned many of the "ins and outs" of how the Medicare and Medicaid programs operate. I've learned what services each program will authorize funds to go towards and what percentage of that service or product is covered. I have also strengthened my problem-solving skills in order to help members determine different ways that can cover the remaining costs of their services or product purchases, I also continually review and analyze members' costs and have also worked through ways to create cost effectiveness, while keeping the members' needs met. There is also financial budget developments that is involved and I have served as our county's team leader with this. I have worked with a small group a very hard-working, dedicated people. The hardest part of this job would be not being able to focus on the financial part (budgets review/developments, ect.) as much as I would like, due to time constraints. Another difficult part of this job is the long commute (1 hour) to and from the office every day. The part of this job I enjoy the most is being able to help people that otherwise would not be able to get help, due to their various disabilities or frailties. That is easily this job's biggest reward. – less
Very Rewarding Work, Enjoyable Place To Be.
Direct Support Professional, HCBS, Mentor (Former Employee), DeWitt, IAMay 26, 2013
Pros: rewarding life experiences, great benefits, excellent training
Cons: was refused a transfer and lied to about openings at another office when relocating my family.
-Provide routine, personal healthcare, such as bathing, dressing, or grooming, to mentally ill, developmentally disabled, brain injured or autistic persons in the home of individuals or in a residential care facility.
-Ensured individuals’ health, safety, and welfare needs were met.
-Entertained, conversed with, or read aloud to individuals to keep – more... them mentally healthy and alert
-Planed, purchased, prepared, or served meals to individuals, according to prescribed diets.
-Provided support in completion of individuals goals and activities of daily living.
-Distributed medication according to each individual’s medication administration records.
-Transported individuals to Special Olympics events, and encouraged there progress with each event.
-Mentored new employee’s in each individuals care plan and ensured that they were observed and encouraged for an adequate amount of time before they would work alone with the individuals. – less
Day at work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), davenport, iaSeptember 25, 2012
its very rewarding working with special needs individuals, they will have a place in your heart and the company is a great place to work.
Uncertainity of maintaing your job despite working hard continuously throughout your shift
Direct Service Professional/CMA (Current Employee), IASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: work 6am-2pm
Cons: work every other weekend
The individuals are wonderful to work with, the staff are eager to work as a team, the hours on first shift are ideal however the managament do not seem to really care for their employees.
That I work very well been a team player
Home Health Aid (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2012
Pros: beening positive about situations
Cons: try to stay away from negativity
What ever I'm working has to be completed on time and with good quality. I learn to work well with other people. I always get alone with management its the repect you give and receive.I enjoy challenging sitation.
making recreational calendars can be challenging
Community Resident Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 19, 2012
Pros: pleasant place to work
Cons: slow progression to move up with company
i enjoy working with people and doing new activities in the workplace