Community Care Employee Reviews in United States

Ego driven
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2016
I enjoyed my work because it kept me away from the pettiness of the office and management staff. The director is a money centered ego driven business woman who lacks the empathy needed for this profession. The best part of this position was not having to deal with the bad attitudes and immaturity of the staff both local and at the cooperate office.
Pros
Indpendently able to work without drama.
Cons
Overbearing documentation and bad leadership.
New hires are not properly trained.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIMarch 19, 2016
Not very welcoming. Consumers are not always compliant with scheduled appointments and you are required to see a certain number of consumers on a daily basis in order to make productivity. Management is very busy and not always available for questions that require immediate attention or clarification. Some co-workers are not very approachable or are willing to help. The hardest part of the job is the lack of training and having no one to properly train new hires. The most enjoyable part is working with the consumers and seeing progress.
Pros
Medication representatives provides lunchons.
Cons
Unsure of job stability.
customer services
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 14, 2016
Excellent Health Care Provider Providing health care to clients.
This includes Meal preparation, light housekeeping, transportation, grocery shopping, medication set-up. Companionship and other various duties when needed.
Pros
Care for those in need.
Cons
strenous grocery shopping/ career change
Okay Place To Work In
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
I had the opportunity to work for this employer. A typical day for me was mostly taking phone calls and handling paperwork. I had to balance going to school and working with the company. I admired the friendly demeanor of the CEO who took her time getting to know me and helping me.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
Not too much flexibility
2 women in our main office in Fairfield are " Very Unprofessional " when it comes to their attitudes...They talk to us,their workers in very rude ways
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Laundry,dishes,cooking,bathing clients,running shopping errands or trips to Dr.appts.....You get so attached to your clients much like a part of your family...The hardest part of this job is when your client passes away or has lost their memory from alzheimers or other health issues and no longer know you or their blood related family...The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know these clients and all the stories I enjoyed being told by them from so many years ago....Much Knowledge is Gained and a lot of fond memories
Pros
Getting to know such great clients
Cons
Not enough pay...only 1 week vacation no matter how many years you have been there..
Faulty Information
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Fairfield IllinoisMay 19, 2016
Really disappointing place to work. Upper management has no idea how to do anything. They don't care about their employees or the families that they tend to.
Pros
Decent training, versatile schedule
Cons
Management doesn't know what they're doing, and doesn't pay for training.
Community Care was a high quality company
Document Retention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2016
I started my job at 8:00 am and worked until 4:30 pm . I really enjoyed my job. I was a Document Retention Coordinator. I scanned and accurately keyed non-standard invoices, correspondence and corrected claims alpha/numerically for processing and send to the Claims Department daily while meeting all processing deadlines.

Called and answered phone calls from Providers, Custom Service Team Members and Quick Silver.
Pros
Great Management and co-workers.
Cons
Lucky if I got 1 break a day.
Educational and pleasant place to work.
Medical Assistant- Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time at this employer and had a fantastic team of MA's to work with. They made every day coming to work a pleasure and gave me support that I will take with me in all my future endeavors. The management team that was provided did their best to be available however due to a shortage of managerial staff this was difficult and is the only area that I wish had been better addressed. This was my first true exposure to a pediatric based clinic and as such I learned a great deal. I was able to develop my pediatric skills and find true fulfillment in this area. I discovered a true love from helping and caring for the children that our clinic served.
Pros
Fantastic team members, fun work environment, educational opportunities
Cons
no on-site manager, unclear daily expectations
Productive and pleasant
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 9, 2016
I take care of my elderly mother and I enjoy spending time with her. The company assisted me in the area of receiving compensation for taking care of my mother
Pros
Spending Quality time with my mother
Great Clients, Flexibility,
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 6, 2016
Taking care of the elderly was fun, got to learn things from in their time, most of them were wonderful. The flexibility was also amazing since i could move clients around to suit everyones day. the only bad thing i have to say is some of the supervisors aren't equal and fair. I miss helping the elderly a lot. I desperately miss some of my clients.
Pros
Good Scheduling, Some Great Clients.
Great learning experience
Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMay 10, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company. Worked with individuals and groups to promote mental and emotional health. Helped individuals deal with issues associated with addictions, substance abuse.
Cons
Enjoyed working with clients in a positive environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Productive and enjoyed working with clients, tranporting clients to and from doctor appointments, grocery store and weekly activities. Assisted clients with daily objective plans.
Pros
company party
Cons
not enough pay or good benefis
Nice work place close to home
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Working at community care was ok for me in the beginning but further along into my year things started to get crazy, instead of co workers trying to help each other they are bringing each other down and I would rather not work in that type of environment.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Bad work enviroment/co workers
productive and fun place to work
healthcare Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2016
a typical day at work is usually busy. my day starts and i hit the floor running! its exciting, its challenging and i love it.
very unprofessional
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2016
they never answer the phone the voice mail always full and things are always late. the client are the easiest part of the day and most5 enjoyable.
Friendly and supportive staff and management
Adult Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 2, 2015
Community Care has been an excellent place to work, unfortunately their productivity scale does not work for me. I am unable to make enough money to support my family. The staff and management at Community Care are amazing, friendly, and knowledgeable. It is a pleasure to come to work at such a supportive environment. If the pay were more competitive I would definitely stay on board, but I need to do what is best for my family.
Pros
Good supervision
Cons
Works on a productivity scale
Great teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Swansea, ILDecember 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time interacting with patients, and the staff/management were excellent people to work with. The management team were open to hearing my ideas to improve the companies overall performance.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Not enough hours
A typical day working for Community Care is servicing senior citizens in need of assistance
Home care provider (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2015
The joy I get from working for Community Care is that it allows me to help those who are unable or limited to do for themselves. A typical day would consist of cleaning the clients apartment, cooking, monitoring if client taking medication in a timely manner or running errands. What I've learned from working with the seniors is that they do get lonely and often times just want some company.
Pros
Pros would be that I get to serve others in need.
Cons
There really are'nt any cons.
This is a company that really values their employees
Alternative Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 13, 2015
I am responsible for assessment, follow through with families around child safety and assisting with putting supports in place to decrease likelihood of another report called into DHHS due to concerns.
Pros
Rated Best Company in Maine two years
Cons
At times the hours are later in evenings.
Community Care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILSeptember 17, 2015
They have wonderful benefits. The supervisors try to work with you. Some of the people in the office are nicer then other ones. But youll have that anywhere you go. The only bad thing I can say is your never guaranteed hours do to you could loose a client or they can call in and not want you today and want you tomorrow. People always call off so You can work a lot of fillins if you prefer
Pros
one on one working with clients
Cons
no lunch break or paid breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.