Community Center Employee Reviews

Fun, productive, and relaxed
Art instructor (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIOctober 17, 2017
Being an art instructor at Fitchburg Community Center helped me meet many good people that were interested in learning art from me and shared their views on life with me, which was very interesting and fun.
Staff was friendly, helpful, and easy to work with.
Stressful I had to take vitals for 25-30 patients.
Nurse Assistant in Telementry, Geisinger (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 16, 2017
Taking care of 25-30 vitals for one person was a lot. If they needed help while I was taking there vitals I would have to help them. To much work for one person
Fast paced, great staff, and members
Group Fitness/Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDSeptember 27, 2017
My day consisted of scheduling group fitness classes and instructors. I taught 3 wellness classes for the local University. I also handled corporate wellness and events throughout our community. Overall this was an incredible place to work and staff was a joy to work with. This job allowed you to meet members of the community of all different ages. However, the director of the facility was needing to be replaced. There were many health and safety concerns that many of us higher management staff were concerned about.
Very creative
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  HavanaJuly 25, 2017
I worked here after graduation of School of Art. I teach to kids and this was amazing. I loved what I was teaching because was more than artistic manifestations;; I also teach general culture, good values and good manners. For political and economics reasons, I decided to move to USA.
team worker, nice with people, prefer any place to work on working in food industry
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 26, 2017
it is always a different costumer in a new day, but the same good customer service. listening to the manager is a requirement, doing some other employees work is a plus. i have learned that have a larger number of employees gives me a better feeling especially when having a hard time with some hard tasks. a help from the manager or an employee makes me learn faster.
Helping kids do work
Barclay Elementary (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2017
I want to help the kids with there work because i want them to that we care about them so much . The only reason I want to do it is that somebody had did the same for me so I'm going to do it for the kids.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
It was Great
State of TN-Summer Internship/Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed the Community Center because I was able to interact with different kids and it also happened to be something I enjoyed. I eventually want to pursue a job with kids and that job helped assure me of that. The Community center was a great opportunity and the faculty members treated me very well and I greatly appreciate them and the facility.
Pros
Free lunches and great oppurtunites
Cons
not enough hours
Overall fine
Jackson Mann Community Center (Former Employee) –  Allston, MADecember 17, 2016
The workers there were very welcoming and they were also very nice i honestly think that it was a great job experience, and i would recommended anyone who loves kids to work there.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The co workers attitudes
Great job to expand skills and knowledge
Assist in upcoming meeting agenda (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 25, 2015
A great job which allows me to test my skills and abilities and find ways to improve by having co-workers willing to help personal growth.
This is my second summer working as Camp OIB Director. I enjoy working with the volunteers and the children very much.
Director (Current Employee) –  Ocean Isle Beach, NCSeptember 28, 2015
The Town Administrator is my supervisor and she is great to work with. I plan and coordinate activities for camp each day. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children learn about the environment and do craft and play games.
productive and hard working
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  north MiamiAugust 2, 2015
*walking arranging/stocking merchandises
*work harder than you ever have done
*some are hard worker some are lazy
*working with someone who is lazy
*working hard
Relaxed Volunteering job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 21, 2015
Help manager formulate events for the community. The staff is relaxed and nice and the facility can provide anyone desires.
Pros
Fun activities all around
Cons
Long periods of nothing to do
Great place to work.
Utility/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  London, KYApril 30, 2015
The management and pay are good. Co-workers are great people. At the beginning of a shift I break down the last set-up. I stack chairs and tables and move them to their respected places.
Pros
Good pay. Entertaining co-workers.
Cons
No benefits.
best company ever
Counselor (Former Employee) –  el monteApril 20, 2015
employees are excellent, everyone has been [properly trained and helps each other in the long run. no-one is selfish excellent benefits
Working afterschool with children
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
You'll need plenty of energy and patience, but its a fun job. Barely any dull moments
Fun place and had great managers.
Volunteer Teacher (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJApril 22, 2014
My hard work was recognized by the upper management and I was able to get promotions.
Loved it
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT & HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 5, 2014
work with financial department to handle invoice inquiries, research legal documents, issue and develop health certification cards across Connecticut.

the hours were great and all of the coworkers

only down fall was my position was temporary
Loved it here
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Incirlik, TurkeyJanuary 15, 2014
Laid back easy job, loved my co-wokers and management. Loved working with families and the children.
Jcc
Front & Fitness Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2014
Over all working at the JCC is a it has been well managed since Barb became manager
Pros
Gym Membership
Cons
pay
Senior center
Senior Community Center (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2013
great company to work for
answer phone calls
enter data into computer
referrals
homevisits
case management
Pros
free tickets to football games
Cons
short breaks