Community Choice Credit Union

Community Choice Credit Union Employee Reviews

Poorly Represented Credit Union
Collection Specialist/Teller (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 1, 2016
The location of this place is horrible and has a very poor customer service environment with a presence of an old western bank. The employees seem to always be a little lost and unsure.
Benifits are comparable to other large financial Institutions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 23, 2016
This company is a terrible place to work.They promise extensive training that doesn't exist.The turn over rate is very high. The emplyees are nervous every day if they still have a job. They terminate people with no reason given. The Human Resource department lead is rude and usually not available. Good luck trying to get correct information from HR.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Their false promises and rating are untrue.
Fantastic for members, tough for employees
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJune 1, 2016
While I believe the culture may be changing, CCCU is certainly a difficult place to work. A typical day is focused less on the individual member's needs and more on selling products and services. This makes it feel more "bank-like" and less about individual member needs.

The atmosphere is very clique-like and advancement and training opportunities are only provided to individuals that have made it into that clique. I was fortunate to be able to transcend these cliques and receive additional training, but I saw other deserving people passed over for those that were less-qualified.

I will say that the organization is good to work for and the hours or virtually unbeatable.
Pros
Advancement opportunties exist, friendly environment, programs aimed at employee happiness and retention
Cons
Cliquey, heavy focus on selling services in a not-for-profit.
Employer where work/ life balance is important and you feel valued and appreciated.
Credit Union Advisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 6, 2016
All of the people I have worked with have been wonderful, from my co-workers to the supervisors/ managers as well as the people at admin. Many companies talk about work/life balance but at CCCU, they live it. The hardest part of the job is probably when people get upset about things you can do nothing about, or when people are being completely unreasonable. The most enjoyable part if when I get to really help someone. Whether it's with a loan, a new service for the member or at a volunteer event, there are so many ways we get to help people everyday.
Pros
Giving organization
call volume, being objective
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2016
over 75 incoming, out-going calls. Listening and solving customer issues, making objective decisions for customers, company and co worker.
Pros
Finding Solutions to others concerns
Great company to work for but..
Personal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 22, 2014
Community Choice CU is a great company to work for. Amazing HR team, great benefits and incentive program.

There is a lack of reality between classroom training and what actually happens in the branch. Also, when hired in, you a promised a mentor throughout your training, and that is not true.

Do not need prior banking experience to be considered for a position.

High turn over rate
Great Experience and Training
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 23, 2013
I learned a lot from this company and was exposed to a lot of training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Choice Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9