COMMUNITY COFFEE Employee Reviews

great
Pre-Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Community Coffee Company is a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care. Steeped in tradition as rich as our coffee, we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing exceptional products, services, and solutions for our customers. Focused on growth, our company is looking for exceptional individuals who share our values and our vision of being the best coffee company in America.
A company in turmoil
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 26, 2016
For years, I was proud to call Community Coffee my employer. It had a great family vibe, and promoted a great work environment from your location manager thru home office.

This time has passed. Loyalty to tenured employees have all but disappeared. Coffee Service Division Senior leadership is basically managed thru intimidation of location leadership. The treatment I received was unexcusable and consistent right to the last day.

Sadly I can't be proud to say I worked for this company now due to the core competencies it has failed on in a big way, and that it a shame. Hopefully someone in the Saurage family will catch on and right the wrongs of certain senior management practices.
Deceptive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 25, 2016
I was involved in many big initiatives with the company that were very successful. Gave my life to the company for the last 2 years. A new Director was hired that preached Lean to the CEO. To make a long story short I was let go for something that didn't make sense. I would pass on this company. Caring about people is something they should remove from their values. Ask the other 10 people they recently let go.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Upper management was disconnected
Was on the job to short
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
We opened up a new market in orlando and the company gave up on ti after only 8 months and hence my job was eliminated So needless to say i am not a big fan of Community Coffee
Community Coffee was a good company until the recent restructure.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2016
Community Coffee Jackson,MS branch has established a pattern of practice in relieving employees of more than 15 years. It is a terrible work environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
They have no loyalty of employees and their management is terrible.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 23, 2016
Good company with great product. Room for growth in this area and room for customer service improvement. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet some excellent contacts.
Community Coffee is Family oriented Company,bbq's,baseball games and just have fun with one another.
Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 11, 2016
I really enjoy the flexibility of having a schedule, that fits into the hectic commute of the metro area.Overall,its not a bad company to work for!
Pros
Flexibility and not overly supervised.
Cons
Theres not a lot of room for advancement.
Great Company
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 28, 2016
Long hours added to the stress of making goals, which were set way high in the summer months. Overall structure was good even though the hours were a large part of a very demanding position. Weekends off were a major plus.
Pros
Uniformity
Cons
Long hours 12+ per day.
Productive and fun company
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2016
This company is great! They remain firm in their values and employee care is very important to them. I completed an internship here and miss it everyday. Definitely the best job I've had yet. I highly recommend this company; especially at the corporate location in Baton Rouge.
Pros
Great people, great work environment, great benefits, great values
Good company to work for
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36619March 2, 2016
Get work orders, Load equipment needed. Get out and repair Café equipment or install. Customer service. Dealing with other workers. To much division between departs.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
to much division bewteen divsions
dont work here!
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAOctober 16, 2015
Hated it!I don't much positive to say about this company except the gave me a job when i needed one. don't work here at all.
Service Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2015
Okay place to work. Very unorganized management team, numbers driven, and very little training as well as high turnover. Not a good job for first time sales employee.
Cons
bi-month business reviews to view your plan numbers vs. actual numbers
Pre-Sell Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
I am a people person and the most enjoyable part of my day was being in multiple locations each day and visiting with my customers. My day ranged from 28 to 47 accounts per day with much driving.
Pros
Company vehicle to drive
Cons
poor healthcare benefits
productive fun and steady paced meeting new people
bartista (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 5, 2014
A typical day at work you come in depending on what time it is it can be a really big rush or fairly busy. It requires attentive listening, professional courtesy, manage interpersonal relationships in an ethical manner. The management and coworkers strive hard to maintain total quality service. The hardest part is sometimes there customers who always complain and sometimes its hard to please them. Meeting new people is always the most enjoyable part of my job.
Fun place to work, very difficult at times, Very High Expectations
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 24, 2014
Enjoyable , Having Flexibility, VERY difficult to work with some senior management. Co-workers are great, trying to give Sales unit what they want in a minutes notice and trying to work an average of less than 70 hours a week. And making customers Happy and let them know how important they are.
Cons
Avg work week is 70-Hrs, difficult to have a work life & Home balance
fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  baton rouge laJune 25, 2014
I started this job at the during college and left because they were not offering full time jobs at the time. Very fun place to work.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
wasn't offering full time
Learned a lot, great products, but do not care about employees unless in Sales
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeMay 10, 2014
Like to bank their money to benefit the few shareholders instead of spending it to make workplace more enjoyable for the employees or pass along to customers or the growth of Co. You are considered valuable if you agree w/ their philosophy and can help them make $. So ownership loves sales and accounting as they see sales as earning the money and accounting as the $ trackers including any mismanagement of $. No loyalty shown to long-term employees if not in Sales. Owners like to "pass the buck" to management when a decision has to be made and they would rather not make it.
Pros
Quality of products, attention to detail, employees
Cons
Ownership too hands on w/out courage to make tough decisions, untrusting of employees w/ no legitimate reason, sexist
good products so so management
Route Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Very good coffee line and products. Management was in a constant state of flux. Most everyone that worked there were good people to know and dependable.
Lean running company, often too lean.
Sales Route Representative (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 3, 2014
This company obviously cares about it's employees, BUT if you are on salary expect lots and lots of overtime. The compensation is fair and they do have a great bonus structure. That being said this company loves to run lean, which works well when everything is going the way it should.
Pros
Bonuses, health benefits, holidays off.
Cons
Too many hours for salaried employees, not much help when things go wrong.
Productive cool place to work
Route Sales Representative- (Former Employee) –  Jackson MSOctober 21, 2013
Work until it is done. Start at 6 in the morning and just work until you finish. You load once a week at the office and have a sales meeting once a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9