COMMUNITY COFFEE Employee Reviews

first job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2017
Great place for a first job. would recommend to any one looking for a new job. great atmosphere. great customers. also pay is great also. bills can be paid
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 6, 2017
If you are looking for a place to work that you can learn and advance based on your performance, this is it. Great people to work with and great products made it easier to sell. Those that take ownership in their duties are usually the most successful individuals. If you are someone that will not do your job and are simply looking for a paycheck, you may not like it there. I loved my time there!
Pros
Great coffee in the morning!
Cons
None really
N/a
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 3, 2017
Community needs to work on the operations side of the Business. They have no Idea on how to operate through sales. They always put the cart before the horse. They need more balance.
Also the are the Poorest communicators I've ever worked for or maybe it was our Area Manager.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Fast paced sales environment
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 7, 2017
I feel as if the management looks a little too much into getting new accounts and pushing them in too fast. As a route sales rep you get to run the route, call on new accounts, manage the truck and handle all the maintenance and upkeep. You get dealt all the issues from customers that you can't sometimes fix, but trying to forward it to managers usually just gets blown off or pushed back around to you to deal with. Work life balance isn't very good. I feel as if it may have been more problems within the location I was at. I don't feel like I get the same vibe from the company as a whole.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
work/life balance, management
great place to work
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 24, 2017
Community Coffee was a very great place to work and had awesome employees to work with.It was a easy going job and everyone work together very well to achieve the goal at hand.
Pros
great employees
Cons
alright pay
Great company to work for
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 4, 2017
Merchandising products in retail accounts
Coffee brand merchandising/selling
Management very experienced
great workplace
being promoted
great company/brand
Pros
10 days vacation/working for market leader
Cons
Being reconized for other positions
Great first job, good for coffee lovers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 26, 2017
You always keep moving, which is nice if you like always having something to do. Training doesn't take long, and you pick it up quickly. The higher ups are very involved in the business, no room for slack. If you like waking up at 3AM and making drinks in under 3 minutes, this is your job.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, discount on pastries, good tips
Cons
Early hours, management, no set time for breaks
productive
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits. Great hours. Friendly staff. The best coffee on the planet. I really enjoyed working for Community Coffee..
Great Pay and schedule nothing else.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 26, 2017
Left a very promising career to try community and boy do I regret it. Sales manager was very sarcastic and rude. He would tell you that the stop sign means don't stop until you believed him. I felt like I was set up for failure. He had no patience and questioned my intelligence. Lesson learned.
Pros
Off by noon, Pay.
Cons
The sale atmosphere.
very productive and fun place too work
GSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
N/a awesome place to work. You take your trk home each day. You load your trk once a week. You get a bonus every quarter. Nice emploees that you work with. Theyre alway there to help you.
Pros
you will get a bonus every 3 quarters
Cons
camera in trk and they always looking at it
Good company to work for.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAOctober 16, 2016
This company is fast paced and still growing. Competitive in the market place. Their focus on the employees is great. Most of my co workers are happy and easy to work with
Pros
Nice culture and employee focused
Cons
I wish I lived closer to my job
A company in turmoil
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 26, 2016
For years, I was proud to call Community Coffee my employer. It had a great family vibe, and promoted a great work environment from your location manager thru home office.

This time has passed. Loyalty to tenured employees have all but disappeared. Coffee Service Division Senior leadership is basically managed thru intimidation of location leadership. The treatment I received was unexcusable and consistent right to the last day.

Sadly I can't be proud to say I worked for this company now due to the core competencies it has failed on in a big way, and that it a shame. Hopefully someone in the Saurage family will catch on and right the wrongs of certain senior management practices.
Deceptive environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 25, 2016
I was involved in many big initiatives with the company that were very successful. Gave my life to the company for the last 2 years. A new Director was hired that preached Lean to the CEO. To make a long story short I was let go for something that didn't make sense. I would pass on this company. Caring about people is something they should remove from their values. Ask the other 10 people they recently let go.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
Upper management was disconnected
Was on the job to short
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
We opened up a new market in orlando and the company gave up on ti after only 8 months and hence my job was eliminated So needless to say i am not a big fan of Community Coffee
Community Coffee was a good company until the recent restructure.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2016
Community Coffee Jackson,MS branch has established a pattern of practice in relieving employees of more than 15 years. It is a terrible work environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
They have no loyalty of employees and their management is terrible.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 23, 2016
Good company with great product. Room for growth in this area and room for customer service improvement. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet some excellent contacts.
Community Coffee is Family oriented Company,bbq's,baseball games and just have fun with one another.
Sales Representative/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 11, 2016
I really enjoy the flexibility of having a schedule, that fits into the hectic commute of the metro area.Overall,its not a bad company to work for!
Pros
Flexibility and not overly supervised.
Cons
Theres not a lot of room for advancement.
Great Company
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 28, 2016
Long hours added to the stress of making goals, which were set way high in the summer months. Overall structure was good even though the hours were a large part of a very demanding position. Weekends off were a major plus.
Pros
Uniformity
Cons
Long hours 12+ per day.
Productive and fun company
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2016
This company is great! They remain firm in their values and employee care is very important to them. I completed an internship here and miss it everyday. Definitely the best job I've had yet. I highly recommend this company; especially at the corporate location in Baton Rouge.
Pros
Great people, great work environment, great benefits, great values
Good company to work for
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36619March 2, 2016
Get work orders, Load equipment needed. Get out and repair Café equipment or install. Customer service. Dealing with other workers. To much division between departs.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
to much division bewteen divsions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8