Community College of Allegheny County Employee Reviews

Culture has gone downhill
English Reading/Writing Facilitator/Administrator (Current Employee), Boyce CampusMay 10, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: Lack of job security
CCAC used to be a friendly and positive place to work. With so many budget cuts and freeze situations people are not as satisfied working here. Management is very secretive and communication is terrible.
Good school
Student (Former Employee), Oakdale, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Affordable job training, flexible class times and hours.
Instructors are great, many of them are part time and are full time at any of the major colleges with in the city. Small class size allows for better learning.
Great place to work and develop
Student Life Coordinator of Leadership (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2015
I have the opportunity to create different leadership development workshops and seminars. I also coordinate different trips across the country exposing students to different career paths and opportunities that exist.
Educational and Logistical
Programs Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: steady good pay
Cons: political
It was an "OK" place to work. My responsibilities were both in logistics of all equipment for the classes taught as well as an instructor.

It was as most things were, POLITICAL
Very productive school that helps me find jobs and better career choice
Pittsburgh Promise Club, Member and President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day at school is going and going to all my classes and getting my work done.

Learned how to balance my school work and staying active in my school club
Rewarding position teaching nursing students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: watching students learn
Cons: staff worked with
The work of this position was informative, fun and rewarding. The college staff was difficult to work with
great place to get an education
student (Current Employee), Monroeville, PASeptember 2, 2014
Its a faculity of education. Will transfer credits in the spring of 2015.
Community College of Allegheny County is one of the highest rated community colleges in the country.
Adunct Faculty, Associate Professor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
CCAC is where I got my start as a teacher. I was 28-years-old when I started. Throughout my time on campus, I was fully supported by my superiors and given a full-time opportunity to be an associate professor of communications. The student body was diverse, which is refreshing and a challenge. I met the challenge with dedication and passion.

I learned specific strategies and techniques to be an effective teacher. I cultivated a reputation for being dedicated, hard-working, and dynamic in the classroom. CCAC will always have a special place in my heart.
Relaxed workplace
Work-study (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility, nice atmosphere
Cons: not enough privacy
Relaxed workplace with flexible schedule and easy working conditions
Everyday is different and always learning something new.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PAJune 1, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: temporary position
I love it at CCAC. I work with friendly people and it makes the day enjoyable.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant to the Campus President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: easy commute
Very good company to work for. Great benefits and people are easy to get along with.
part-time instructor
Education Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2014
great place to work. I have been here for years. Currently looking for something more secure and more hours
most of the students want to learn
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: teaching is rewarding
Cons: salary and never knowing when or what you will be teaching
Teaching is rewarding in itself. It is a good thing becaus the pay is terrible. You never know until the last minute whether you really have a job. Classes can be taken away if a full time teacher wants your class or cancelled because of low enrollment.
great co workers
Associate Professor of Nursing (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2014
overall a wonderful opportunity for my advancementI am eager to continue my journey.
A great place to work.
CCAC Receptionist (Current Employee), Braddock, PAJanuary 29, 2014
First thing having the computers and printers set and ready to use for clients arrival. Registering them in the attendance log and the computer log book. My supervisors are a wonderful help in delegating what tasks need to be done for the lab to run smooth and efficient.
Trying to get all of the clients served in a decent manner can be a challenge when so many are trying to get my help at the same time.
The most enjoyable part is the joy clients receive when they have gotten a new email account or an online application successfully completed.
Summary
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2014
A professional with over 25 years work experience. Experience includes teaching, advising, course. development, administration, training and customer service. Supervise, educate, train, develop, and evaluate students. A hardworking detail oriented, responsible team member, with excellent interpersonal communication skills who focuses on completing tasks and customer service.
Wonderful place
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2013
I was a student there and now adjunct faculty. I enjoy working with the students.
great work environment and great people
Office Assistant in the Counseling Department (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2013
I scheduled appointments for the guidance counselors. I enjoyed the people I worked with every day.
Good starting point
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), West Mifflin, PAMay 20, 2013
Adjunct faculty-- teaching first level students starts out bumpy and depending on the students gets better throughout the semester. You have a lot of independence but also have a strong support system.
pottery
Ceramics Studio Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2013
able to study the art field, also I work with chemicals and processing clay.