Community College of Allegheny County Employee Reviews

Temporary employment
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2017
Its a temporary position can't tell you any pros or cons. Its ok lack of advancement. It like working with the students insuring there needs are met.
Thanks
Pros
Free gym
Cons
No healthcare
It was a tough assignment b/c most people do not like mathematics.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2017
I would do it again, but the problem was timing. I was still working at Mellon and it was hard to traverse the Parkway to be there on time. It was a rewarding thing helping people with their math, but it wasn't feasible for my travel and pay.
Pros
Intellectual stimulation
Cons
Always being late cause of traffic after finishing a 10 hour shift at Mellon.
If teaching is a passion of yours and you like the subject matter that you are teaching, you will like teaching at CCAC.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAAugust 25, 2017
Great job. I had the time of my life doing this. It was always something I wanted to do. As long as I followed the syllabus and kept up on grading assignments from students all went very well.The dean of the aviation program is a very motivated individual who is fun to be around. He gave me plenty of space to do as I needed to do.
Pros
office space
Cons
No benefits
CCAC Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty Member, Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work. Loved teaching and assisting aspiring nurses while sharing my love for this profession. It is remarkable to watch minds learn and grow from what you have taught.
Chemistry/Physics laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2017
Set Chemistry experiments for students. Handle experiment waste for commercial disposal. A great place to learn and work. Average work day was 7.5 hours.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Willingness to try something new
Part time work was well handled
South Campus, Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
As an part time employee, they offered professional development and instructional support. They also provided a professional work environment. The career advancement was not well handled.
Solitary; diffiult to get help/advice; poor communication between supervisor and adjuncts
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2017
Solitary;
diffiult to get help/advice;
poor communication between supervisor and adjuncts
lack of feedback and difficult to contact supervisor
lack of consistent record-keeping. FOr example, I was assigned a course that met during a time zi had previously stated I was unavailable, and as a consequence, had to relinquish my course that semester
Review
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2017
a typical day at work, what you learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, hours open, number of employees
Great mission and many dedicated employees
Geriatric Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 20, 2017
I love the mission of CCAC and I really love the students. However, some of the support staff can be difficult to work with and some of the faculty can be unbending. As a new employee, when I called a staff member to ask about a procedure or policy I was often met with resistance to help me. Also, procedures and policies were difficult to find on the website, although perhaps it has changed now.
There is definitely not a team culture at CCAC in many departments. I worked in the Nursing Department and did not experience a team atmosphere except for several people working on the Nursing Workforce Diversity Grant.
Like other colleges and universities, the benefits are pretty good, but the pay is low.
Pros
Great mission and vision. Some dedicated faculty and staff.
Cons
Lack of teamwork.
good working condition and great management
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 26, 2017
Every supervisor I had been assigned to was very flexible with scheduling and was very friendly. Work environment was good and co workers were also friendly too.

Want to know more about Community College of Allegheny County?

Ask a question
Learned a lot
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15212May 18, 2017
It is a great place to get experience and was working there off and on as a temporary employee. Got most of my cashier experience there and organizational skills there.
Emotional Teacher
Diagonstic Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 3, 2017
With a new administration comes stress from the changes that occur and it is hard to provide consistent services to the students. Could be Hostile...
Pros
When administration and staff are on the same page it works well
Cons
Alot of change and at times hostile work place
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Assist in clerical needs (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2017
Great team-like atmosphere working here, everyone is very friendly, helpful, and agreeable. I learned a lot of integral skills that will assist me in finding a job in the future.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Temporary position
relaxed and pleasureable experience
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2017
Pleasureable to work with, except Head Baseball Coach

Head Baseball Coach is a legion, in his own mind

Had no sense of people skills or handleing personalities

Had no sense of people with better ideas or recommendations
Good and fun environment for students
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  North Hills, PAApril 12, 2017
Last minute class assignments were given in areas that I may not have been qualified to teach, although I did have the proper professional knowledge. I taught Abnormal Psychology, Psychology 101, and Human Growth and Development at the West and North Campuses.
Cons
Poor communcation with senior management, disorganized in regart
great place to go to school
Lab instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2017
• Instructed students on proper patient care technique
• Assisted students with finding employment and community resources
• Assisted lead instructors in organizing and implementing academic program
Pros
fun job
Cons
poor management
Adjunct Developmental Studies Professor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful collaborative institution with a strong belief in Higher Education. I truly believe that this college cares about their students and it shows in the staff and how the students feel about the pursuit of their education.
What I learned
Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2017
What I have learned while attending CCAC, is time management. With my work history, this made the transition much easier. I love learning new things and friendly constructive criticism.
Workplace
Italian Instructor, French Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
This job has great staff and great students. Students are eager to learn and come to class prepared. The assistants are eager to help me succeed in my classes.
I enjoyed being a student
Student (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PASeptember 20, 2016
I always enjoy learning. If I could afford it, I would become a permanent student. The hardest part was studying for tests. My most enjoyable part was in the classroom.