Community College of Allegheny County Employee Reviews

What I learned
Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2017
What I have learned while attending CCAC, is time management. With my work history, this made the transition much easier. I love learning new things and friendly constructive criticism.
Workplace
Italian Instructor, French Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2016
This job has great staff and great students. Students are eager to learn and come to class prepared. The assistants are eager to help me succeed in my classes.
I enjoyed being a student
Student (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PASeptember 20, 2016
I always enjoy learning. If I could afford it, I would become a permanent student. The hardest part was studying for tests. My most enjoyable part was in the classroom.
Productive and friendly
Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 13, 2016
I like to work hard, smile to everyone at the work place. I am also so friendly. The best moment I love at work is to help my co-workers and the managers whenever they need something to be done quickly.
Pros
lunch
Community College
Director (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAAugust 19, 2016
I worked a eight hour day in a student service environment. I supervised 40 full time employees and 60 part time employees. The hardest part of the job was terminating employees. The best part of the job was graduating students who we worked with for four years.
Pros
Student success
Cons
No complaints here, I think it is a good school with salaries being industry standard.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2016
No complaints here, I think it is a good school with salaries being industry standard I like teaching here and I do not have any complaints
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2016
As an adjunct, there were no benefits at the time, but that is changing. I felt very supported by my immediate supervisor as well as the administration. All seemed to really put the students first. It was a great place to work!
Pros
Supportive work environment, trust.
Cons
Working with the staff in the Specialized Programs Department at Community College of Allegheny County.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 27, 2016
I answered the door and the phones. One of the programs is ACT 101, which helps minority students with their tuition. A high GPA is required to receive the help, so it's a motivation. I was the first point of contact when a student or anyone entered the Specialized Programs Department. I was responsible for knowing where the staff members were at all times, took messages, did filing and shredding, coping and printing. The manager, Dr. Roslynne Wilson, is a wonderful person with a passion for helping people. She is one of the most peaceful people I have ever met.
Pros
I could do my schoolwork while I was on the clock.
Cons
I could only work 10 hours a week, that's the max.
productive and educational experience
Student Nurse/Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 15, 2016
The working experience as a student nurse in the program of preceptorship helped me to gain the developed perspective related to the professional nursing field not only by providing the opportunity to communicate with the patients and families but also with the colleagues as well.
Well Rounded with much opportunity to learn.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAApril 22, 2016
Learned to adapt to different work styles of managers, as well as difficult co-workers. Company provide me with the best opportunities to grow my resume, with several different areas of interest.

Want to know more about Community College of Allegheny County?

Ask a question
Great Position for Students
Accounting Lab Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2016
This is a great opportunity for employees to reinforce their own accounting knowledge because teaching others is the best way to tell if you understand a concept.
Retail Sales
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Was a great place to work. Great management and upper management. Good sales incentives, and the employess got along. Little bit of weekend sacrifice but that's retail.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Closed down
Exciting job because every year you had different students
Bowling Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking students who may have never bowled and teaching them. Then watching as they learn and start to enjoy the sport.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Having to travel with students who always think they can get over
Supportive environment
Nurse Aide Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2015
Enjoy environment and co workers very supportive. Enjoy students eagerness to learn. Enjoy the diversity of students in the classroom.
Duquesne Emergency
Duquesne emergency services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2015
1) Provide care to sick and injured in a small City
2) respond as needed to any and all emergencies dispatched to by 911
3) kept and complete all medical reports and check them for accuracy
4) arrange and supervise crews and adjust as needed
5) assume command responsibilities at all emergency scenes
6) had to respond 24 hrs a day to everything from pronouncing a loved one dead to delivering a baby in same hour.
7) assisted billing office with completing billing software, coding entries and preparing documentation to be sent out.
8) assisted office with billing adjustments as invoices were received.
Pros
no 2 days were ever the same I enjoyed the diversity of the job
Cons
seeing things people shouldnt have to, and telling family members loved ones were dead, especilly children
Productive and organized
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2015
It's definitely an interesting experience aiding students with their various problems-they come to you, confused, sometimes disheartened and to be able to help them out of their problems is satisfying to say the least.
Union job that offers excellent benefits.
Custodian / Laborer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2015
Staff are SEIU members who make a decent salary with excellent benefits. Management is supportive of employees who want to or already take classes for personal enrichment or professional development.
Pros
Free CCAC tuition and tutition re-imbursement.
Cons
Severely understaffed
Great place to start building work experience
Engineering Lab Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2015
This was more of an independent job. Boss really helped me to do different things. You learn a lot of new skills on the job very easy and quickly. Very flexible on scheduling. Great job to have starting off into the 'real world'.
Fun and relaxed environment
Work- Study (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaMay 16, 2015
I worked at the college as a work study. The hours were 10 hours maximum but I knew and expected that since its a government agency. My supervisor was understanding and flexible to my schedule.
Culture has gone downhill
English Reading/Writing Facilitator/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boyce CampusMay 10, 2015
CCAC used to be a friendly and positive place to work. With so many budget cuts and freeze situations people are not as satisfied working here. Management is very secretive and communication is terrible.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community College of Allegheny County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3