Community College of Aurora Employee Reviews

Family work environment, fun, and effective
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work at the Community College of Aurora is seeing students on the daily, helping them with the process of their Financial aid, viewing their status with them, and a lot of social interaction with the staff and the students.

Management is great we work as a work family and have plenty of meetings to assure that things are going well within our office.

We have a variety of culture working in our department so there are no issues with only one ethnic group working within our office.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a difficult student.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to go on retreats just with our office and get to spend a day having fun with each other.
Pros
retreats
Cons
not enough vacation time
Enrollment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 14, 2017
I was an student doing work study that gave me the office skills to help further my skills in the office.
I had to scan documents to make sure that it was correctly in the right student file.
Pros
helping other students
Cons
good experience
Very productive, fun workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80011November 13, 2017
I enjoyed working and helping students as their financial Aid Adviser. I saw that it help make their lives better as they continued towards their education.
Pros
Free Lunches and perks
Cons
Healthcare etc.
I had a lot of fun and had the best manager you could ever have (brilliant and kind). It really stretched me and I learned the reality of the field.
Lab Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2017
My job was a work study position. I worked in the science department and had to overcome distrust from all of the science teachers. But once they found I was reliable and easy to get along with, they gave me many projects. I loved working with them.
Pros
You get to work with people in your future field.
Cons
You can only work while you are in school there.
No advancement
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 24, 2017
I taught 8-10 classes per year for six years. I taught film classes for the Colorado Film school. The college wants higher degrees for faculty but doesn't want to pay competitive wages.
Pros
Time off
Cons
No advancement and pay
Great work environment
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  16000 E CENTRETECH PARKWAY AURORA, CO 80011June 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. The students and staff were very friendly and welcoming. The staff cared about my professional development and life as a student. Each day I learned something new and met many diverse people from different cultures.
Pros
Good management team
Diverse campus
Adjunct Professor-Computer Info Sys Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
Community College of Aurora is a diverse campus of traditional and non-traditional students. If someone desires to return to school, CCA i to be a student. it is also a good place to work. The faculty/administration works hard to help students to meet their education goal.
Pros
Understands the older student
Great learning environment.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 22, 2017
I had a lot of fun as a student and teaching assistant at the same time. great experience with great people and great institution. Overall I can recommend this institution to anyone seeking a great learning and teaching experience..
Associate of Science (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 29, 2016
Great place to start learning and prepares you for a four year institution. Loved the campus overall and all the staff members as they help me succeed.
Comfortable
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2016
Comfortable place to work with good coworkers and ability to do my classwork. Coworkers were helpful with helping me learn the tasks.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 28, 2016
I loved my position here! Everyone that I had intraction with were so friendly and helpful. If I hadn't moved 2000 miles away, I would still be there!!!
Overall friendly and supportive.
Philosophy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 10, 2016
Teaching at the Community College of Aurora has much to recommend it. Sharing a common goal--effective teaching--with the people around me is very rewarding. Overall, the work culture is friendly and supportive. Unfortunately, the drawbacks, curtailed per-class pay for adjunct faculty and uncertainty regarding class load from semester to semester, make for a fair amount of stress. I would like to continue teaching online part-time while working at another position part-time, preferably mornings.
Great Starter place!
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 11, 2016
I love this place! CCA is a great place to get your foot in the door and develop your professional skills. CCA harbors a learning environment. If it wasn't for relocation, I would stay forever!
Possitive work environment with student/teacher contact and academic focus.
Student Recource Center/Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, Co.January 1, 2016
Assist student with basic academic needs in a study center forum
Maintain student rental agreements of office equipment including calculators and textbooks
Operate under work-study guidelines as well as follow Library policy and procedures
Maintain a clean and organized study lab for students attending the college.
Assist Professors with academic related needs
If your into art, it's nice you can work on projects
STUDIO LAB ASSISTANT, JEWELRY AND CERAMIC ROOM (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 24, 2015
Work study jobs they generally pay very low wages not enough to live on. If it's a position that you don't have to work much than you have the free time to work on your homework.
Pros
You don't have to leave the campus to work a job
Cons
Low wages
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 26, 2015
Provides the instructor with complete control of how classes are taught and run, allowing the instructor to design each course and assignments during the semester.
College
School (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 4, 2015
this is the college I attended for a short time but why I was going here it was a very friendly place everyone enjoys themselves and are also happy teachers are very helpful.
Lrc
Librarian Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee) –  aurora coMay 21, 2015
Great place to work and go to school. I was fun to help student who were trying to gain an education. I loved everyone who worked there
C minus
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  coloradoApril 1, 2015
Pro: The college is always adapting to its culture and community.
You do have the use of paper and other administrative tools.

Con: Part time instructors are paid poorly. There are no benefits, no job or wage guarantees.
There is no evaluation policy for part time instructors. Evaluations are based on the feedback from students and from peer observations.

There are many hard parts involved in teaching.
1. Long and many hours spent preparing to lecture
2. Research adult learning activities
3. Developing and giving assessments.
4. Coaching and facilitating classroom management.

The most enjoyable part of the job can be the students.
Another enjoyable part of the job is being in a learning environment.
Pros
use of faculty lounge
Productive Management in the College
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 30, 2015
The College provide all necessary materials and communicating visiting daily with the tutoring class.
Working in this college is an advantage for refreshing the acquired knowledge.