Community College of Aurora Employee Review

View all Community College of Aurora reviews

Does anyone care about what they do?
analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 19, 2013
I went into my job at CCA with a lot of enthusiasm only to find that the people I had to work with excelled in time-suckage and didn't seem to care about getting work done. As a result, I quickly left. If you are a slacker, this may be the employer for you. My manager actually told me to work slowly on projects and not to get noticed right away. I felt like Tom Hanks in Big. Additionally, although I brought a decade of experience to the job, my manager told me that my job was an apprenticeship. It was degrading. He sat in a chair in my office constantly moaning and telling his computer that he hated it while I was trying to work. My manager spent most of his time with his head out the door trying to find people to talk to. I appreciate having a good relationship with coworkers but this was extreme. One of the things that bothered me the most was the College had a newer version of expensive proprietary software (version 18) but my boss insisted that everyone write their code in version 10 which was pre-2000, and contained none of the graphics and ad-ons that made the newer software so robust. As a new employee, my workload was over four years old because no one bothered to update materials in four years, and they suddenly needed the materials because they were going through accreditation. Frankly I am surprised that the overall rating for this place is so high.
Pros
obviously a social workplace
Cons
apparent lack of work ethic

Other Community College of Aurora Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work
Director of Fiscal Operations (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 16, 2018
This was my first Director position and I learned so much more that I feel that I have become a better Manager. Typical day was working with the students. Hardest part of my job was I needed to let people go. Most important part of my job was working with my staff.
Family work environment, fun, and effective
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work at the Community College of Aurora is seeing students on the daily, helping them with the process of their Financial aid, viewing their status with them, and a lot of social interaction with the staff and the students.

Management is great we work as a work family and have plenty of meetings to assure that things are going well within our office.

We have a variety of culture working in our department so there are no issues with only one ethnic group working within our office.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a difficult student.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to go on retreats just with our office and get to spend a day having fun with each other.
Pros
retreats
Cons
not enough vacation time