Community College of Aurora

Community College of Aurora Employee Reviews

College
School (Former Employee), ColoradoJune 4, 2015
this is the college I attended for a short time but why I was going here it was a very friendly place everyone enjoys themselves and are also happy teachers are very helpful.
LRC
Librarian Assistant / Work Study (Former Employee), aurora coMay 21, 2015
Great place to work and go to school. I was fun to help student who were trying to gain an education. I loved everyone who worked there
C minus
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), coloradoApril 1, 2015
Pros: use of faculty lounge
Pro: The college is always adapting to its culture and community.
You do have the use of paper and other administrative tools.

Con: Part time instructors are paid poorly. There are no benefits, no job or wage guarantees.
There is no evaluation policy for part time instructors. Evaluations are based on the feedback from students and from peer observations.

There are many hard parts involved in teaching.
1. Long and many hours spent preparing to lecture
2. Research adult learning activities
3. Developing and giving assessments.
4. Coaching and facilitating classroom management.

The most enjoyable part of the job can be the students.
Another enjoyable part of the job is being in a learning environment.
Productive Management in the College
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 30, 2015
The College provide all necessary materials and communicating visiting daily with the tutoring class.
Working in this college is an advantage for refreshing the acquired knowledge.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 30, 2015
I learned A lot about how to enter the students in the system that they us. This was a great job because they where nice and very friendly.
fun job
Office Assistant/ Teacher's assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: long lunches
Cons: part time
water the plants, check supplies, restock anything needed in buildings, sort the mail + deliver if needed, check in box and file correctly, clean office areas, set up messaging for teachers to call if assistance needed, run whatever errands needed throughout the day

what I learned- Filing, organization, time management, spreadsheets

Management- organized, professional, easy to work with

co workers- only worker ( everyone was my manager )

hardest part of the job- learning to get up early

most enjoyable part of the job- everything
Great learning environment, and work environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2014
Pros: structured learning and job training in one place
Cons: convenient work and school schedules
An average workday for me was pleasant, I learned how to work with fellow-students and how to help them manage their daily administrative and sometimes, personal needs. My peers and coworkers were all supportive, never had to deal with conflict.
There is training at this school with a lot of support from management
Aurora Language Center (Current Employee), Aurora, COOctober 9, 2014
Pros: there is a lot of training with room to grow.
Cons: job security is lacking
The Aurora Language Center which is part of The Community College of Aurora is a wonderful place to grow in one's career. I learned how to use the projector and computer to teach my classes. The students were wonderful and very eager to learn inspiring me to aid them as much as possible with innovative and creative ways to teach my classes.
College
Student (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 20, 2014
Work day slow
Learned valuable skills
Enjoyed the environment
A place to learn entry level skills for a position in the Accounting field.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 11, 2014
Pros: able to set my hours.
Cons: not enough hours as a work-study student.
My afternoons started mid day for just a few hours a week, as a work-study student. I would assist the accountant with filing and matching invoices. I learned how input reconciliations in their in house system, as well as effectively contacting various departments at various universities. I assisted a few different departments and all the workers were all very busy and helpful. The hardest part of the job is making sure that when I scanned documents that the documents would scan precisely. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere.
Productive workplace and friendly coworkers
Work Study (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 29, 2014
Pros: long lunches, work your own schedule
Cons: low pay, gossip was always around
A typical day at work started off slow so basic things were taken care of then when it picked up it got tougher and moved more quickly.

I learned that networking is not as easy as it is cut out to be, also learned every workplace has it perks and quirks when i comes to security and programs they use.

The hardest part of the job was that since I was the work-study i wasn't allowed to learn certain things and know certain passwords.

The most enjoyable part of the job was I was in the place in which I understood most of what people were talking about in the IT "language" and i got to learn as I worked.
Great department in a growing college system in Aurora
Adjunct Instructor for Art & Design Dept. (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: limited hours and last-minute course cancellations
CCA has a great work environment in a growing art department. The facilities are up-to-date with new computers, and the staff is accessible and supportive. This was my first experience teaching, and I was able to learn and improve my coursework.
a varied work place
Simulation Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, CoJanuary 1, 2013
The overall environment was one of urgency and tasks were varied from physical labor to computer operation.
Supportive and encouraging
Research Biologist (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 23, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, ability to be creative
Cons: grant funding
In working as a research biologist, I was able to see my research through from concept to final post-flight testing. I wrote proposals to secure a flight, wrote all safety documents, and final reports. I was able to design and build the research payload, and perform flight component testing. Often, revisions had to be made due to the conditions of the flight. For instance, bacteria were modified throught transformation, the media was adjusted, and temperatures had to be maintained throughout the flight. It was challenging to find, or create suitable components for flight, but this was also very educational. It was sometimes challenging to work as a team and discover the strengths of teammates. Seeing the research payloads fly upon the NASA platforms was very fulfilling, however the most enjoyable part of my job was participating in the astronaut training program and flying on the "vomit comet" to perform some biological testing.
CCA is a great place to work!
Instructor (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 23, 2012
Pros: excellent colleagues
Cons: low remuneration
CCA is a great place to work for those with a passion for the underserved people in our society. The Academic Enrichment Center is committed to helping people achieve the necessary skills for college entrance. The mission is clear with all who work there.
Great cause and exemplary leadership.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Aurora, ColoradoFebruary 23, 2012
CCA strives to help students in their personal and professional goals. They treat everyone, including faculty, extremely well.

Community College of Aurora Salaries