Community College of Denver Employee Reviews

Great students, horrible administrative staff
Chemistry Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
As a full time faculty, I teach 3 lectures and labs (a total of 15 credits) each week to a class of 24 students per class. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students. Being an urban campus, there was a large diverse population of students from various backgrounds, languages, and levels. I really enjoyed strategizing and developing new teaching methods that were able to reach beyond the norm. Mentoring honors students in their individual projects was also great. I enjoyed observing each student's curiosity and helping them plan and execute experiments to test out their hypothesis.

The institution as a whole is horrible and I would not recommend it to anyone. Communication amongst departments, deans, VPs and the President is non existent. Changes occur at the drop of a hat and at any moment during the semester, without explanations. It creates a non transparent workplace. The school as a whole advertises they are here for the students well being, however, they are more concerned about making money rather than student success.
Pros
Lots of time off, flexible work schedule
Cons
No advancement, slow paced, horrible management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2017
Pros: Awesome coworkers, awesome management, challenging an promoting personal/professional growth, encouraging, healthy environment, encouraging critical thinking.

Cons: Occasionally stressful, not great pay but it is a work-study position.
Excellent Place to Work!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The team culture and atmosphere is superior! It is ever changing and evolving and a supportive and fun place to work. Supervisors are excellent, pay is decent and if you're looking for a job you will be happy with and has a great culture and home/work life balance this is it!
Pros
Excellent atmosphere, team, culture, balance, pay, benefits
Cons
Taking the light rail to campus at rush hour
Fast paced
Orientation Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2017
My typical day at work was great! I was the orientation intern and my job consisted for meetings, orientation days, helping current and prospective students. The workplace culture is amazing, I made such great connections with all of my co-workers and bosses.
Not very productive
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 31, 2017
Good and dedicated faculty. Bad management. No transparency. Typical workday involves dealing with problems from Administration while trying to do your job.
Good Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2017
I working with them almost 4 years they always support me to finish my classes successfully. I got good experience to work with student how have English 2end language also I learn many thing for example how I can work in the computer.
There were too many students hired for the office to function efficiently.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
Students were not busy at their jobs. There was not enough work, nor enough space in the office for the number of students hired. Students were directed to offer superior "customer service" to other students who were oftentimes allowed to be belligerent.
Pros
Extra income
Cons
Little to no recognition for valuable service and efficient work habits
Great college
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2017
Great community college setting in Denver, Colorado. Taught a variety of classes to interesting students from all over the world. My supervisors were nice people. The workplace culture was exciting and fun. The hardest part of the job was the weather in Denver. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful student clientele.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great students
Cons
Open-Enrollment is challenging
It was reaaly good
IT & Physics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed teaching the classes I was assigned. The classrooms were nice and comfortable. The salary was not bad. Also good students and helpful staff.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Parking was not easy
Good place to work!
Adjunct Geography Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2017
The Community College of Denver is a really good place to work. CCD allows you teaching freedom and the department chair is very supportive. The classes sizes are small and manageable, however, they do not offer enough geography courses to keep me full-time.
Student Focused
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2017
The staff definitely focus on the best interest of the student. There are many opportunities for job growth and personal and professional development. Good place to work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Compensation
No longer an active company
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
This physician retired and his company is no longer in business as a result. It was a great first start and I'm thankful for that opportunity but am glad it is now closed.
IT Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
A typical day included ordering, inventory and asset management of ALL IT related items, (computer, monitors,software, scanner, printers..etc.) for the college. Creating purchase orders for these items, tracking the purchase until all merchandise arrives. Scan and file all purchase orders. Reallocation of funds for purchases made on the Pcard, providing Accounts Payable with a monthly report of receipts for these Pcard purchase. Consult with staff and make recommendations of what items would best meet their office needs. Then contacting the appropriate vendor to obtain a price quote for the staffs requested item. When order form is received for the needed merchandise, place order with vendor.
Benefits
Workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 21, 2017
I love working for the community college of Denver a work day for me would me talking to students, making appointments, setting meetings, and etc. I love my manager she is amazing she teaches me something new everyday to build on my leadership.
Great school/great place to work.
Tutor/Lab/Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2016
Surrounded by thriving, new technologies. Ability to advance. Students and faculty were always there to support and guide. Wonderful work/life balance.
Pros
People. Strong learning and advancement opportunities
Cons
Not enough open positions
I love Teaching
Assistant Professor / CT Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
Great co-workers and students. Equipment was old and did not work properly. Upper management did not understand health care and what is needed to properly train new Technologists.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Work Study..
Cyber Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
Worked here for work study. Not a bad place to work, but can be a little overbearing at times with management and supervisors. Pay could be better and a better training would be great. Hardest part of the job was dealing with students that were not so nice. Nice working normal hours though.
lively astmophere
Work Study Student in the learning center (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2016
A great place to work and get expirence but be prepared to get the minium amount of money. its a great place to gain expierence
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
lack of more money
Great Work Environment
Business Technology Teacher Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2016
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot of valuable skills while working here, and my only regret was that I was not a permanent employee. I was under a work-study contract.
A good place to work
GED Instructor /Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
A great place to work with good good people. Added benefit of helping others and making a difference in the lives of others.