Community College of Denver Employee Reviews

I love Teaching
Assistant Professor / CT Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
Great co-workers and students. Equipment was old and did not work properly. Upper management did not understand health care and what is needed to properly train new Technologists.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Work Study..
Cyber Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2016
Worked here for work study. Not a bad place to work, but can be a little overbearing at times with management and supervisors. Pay could be better and a better training would be great. Hardest part of the job was dealing with students that were not so nice. Nice working normal hours though.
Productive work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80217February 5, 2016
A typical day at work at this job included coming in for a full day or half day answering phone lines the entire day. Responding to emails in the morning and handling inquiries on a click to chat feature. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great supervisors and manager and coworkers.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Great Management
Cons
only 20 hrs per week at most
Great Work Environment
Business Technology Teacher Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2016
This was a great place to work. I learned a lot of valuable skills while working here, and my only regret was that I was not a permanent employee. I was under a work-study contract.
lively astmophere
Work Study Student in the learning center (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2016
A great place to work and get expirence but be prepared to get the minium amount of money. its a great place to gain expierence
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
lack of more money
Productive and fast paced
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2015
A typical day is never typical. There are different challenges each day such as working with different students, coming from different backgrounds and cultures, on different levels. Patience is number one. You have students that can't remember their passwords from day to day. Having to draw the line between helping and doing is the hardest part. Getting thru to some students that I will assist them, but won't do the work is difficult especially with a lot of the international students. I learned a lot about different cultures and I feel that I have assisted them with American culture. I have a great co-worker whom we piggy back off each other. Some students she is great with and some I am. The most enjoyable part is assisting the professors with the posting of the syllabus, creating attendance rosters and assisting with classes.
Pros
Learning more about the college.
Cons
Lack of health care.
A good place to work
GED Instructor /Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
A great place to work with good good people. Added benefit of helping others and making a difference in the lives of others.
I enjoyed working for this school of nursing
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2016
I taught clinical in the associate degree program at this school until they eliminated the clinical aspect of the program. I felt supported by the leadership in performing my duties in the clinical setting. The clinical coordinator was outstanding in her role of leading the clinical faculty.
mentally taxing
Instructor, English (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2015
The students are great, but many have great struggles that impede their ability to be productive students. Lots of hours outside of class required, uncompensated. No benefits unless you teach 6-7 classes, then part time benefits that come out of your paycheck.
Pros
can be rewarding
Cons
takes over your life for not very much pay
good part-time work, do not expect to survive on adjuct salary (poverty level)
Adjunct Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 30, 2013
Great job for some extra income on the side of your full time job. Do not expect to get rich. You will have to pay to park $5.50 every day to work on campus or will have to pay for an eco-pass. Students are big kids. Do not expect 80% of the students to know how to be a successful student, a lot of hand holding is involved. Many excuses from students, so being consistent with routines and procedures is important. Take attendance and stick to your syllabus.
Pros
helping students succeed is fullfilling
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Sinking Ship
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2012
Worked here for two years, was essentially booted out by bad upper-level management. Staff can expect to: be invited to mandatory events and meetings with one hour notice (sometimes less), not receive real answers to their questions, and to be randomly assigned extra work from administration. Don't expect to work here long, some of the most optimistic people left in a couple months.
Pros
access to lightrail
Cons
open disregard for employee work environment, lack of communication from administration, overload of work duties with no instruction, poor hiring practices
Exciting new people to work with each day
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work includes reading several manuscripts and suggesting corrections to be made. I learned how to manage time by working with a document of any size within a thirty minute timeframe. The management team is nice. Very little supervision is present. The co-workers are helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is the language barrier presented since many students are refugees. The most enjoyable part of the job is reading the personal stories of some students who fled their native lands.
Great Company
Business tutor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2014
CCD is a great company, full of intelligent workers and mostly kind students. The occasional issues were upset students or mismanagement regarding the grant our office worked off of. Upper management may not realize the full functions of the company including our and other offices but generally only made issues with hours worked. Coworkers were great as is my boss who was always helpful during any problem.
Pros
great boss, coworkers
Cons
some rough students, upper management
Great place to work.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2015
Flexible work hours, friendly team members. College classes came first. There was always someone to help when a problem arose. It was a great place to work.
Productive and learning enviornment where advancement was encourged.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 6, 2012
Assisting students with the Financial Aid process. Filing out FAFSA
and verifing student data against data that was submitted to the Department of Education. Making corrections so that data matched to determine eligibility for government aid. Assisting student over the phone and in person with issues related to finanical aid. Attended trainings on new and upcoming procedures that the government set in place. Mangement was always supported and available. Co-workers were wonderful we all worked as a team. Hardest part of the job was slow times were around the holidays. I most enjoyed the ability to assist the students receive the money they needed to pay for their education to bring a brighter outlook on their future.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
working 6 days a week during the busy times in the semester.
Opportunities for comprehensive training for teachers and tutors
Adjunct ESL Instructor/Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2014
Coaching with the chairperson was available to be a more effective teacher in a community college setting. The co-workers were friendly and offered support when needed.

The chairperson was open and flexible to new ideas to teaching and would observe a class to offer support and where I might need to improve. The ESL students were first priority and the teachers (and I'm including myself) were always willing to help - for example, having make up classes when a student would miss a class. Overall, there was dedication from the tutor to the chairperson!
Pros
training
Cons
There was no health care offered at the time.
enjoyed working with students from around the world
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2013
the satisfaction of helping people, to show students how to gradually be more efficient with there student accounts.
Cons
no benifits
Work with student
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2013
A typical day at work is when student scream at your face and there is nothing the customer service representative can do because customer is always right. All i can do is try to explain the situation to them and come them down. I learned a lot because i worked there for about 4-5 years as customer service dealing with student with various situations. I even among the leader in my work because i train incoming staff members. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is to assist student to try to achieve what they need.
Great job.
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2014
Good place to work. Very rewarding work. Great management.
Pros
Teaching is very rewarding
Cons
Part time
Very educational fun productive place anyone would love to work
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2013
Greeting and assisting students and staff( Smiling being first contact person)
How to be a leader and take charge off any situation with a positive attitude and never give up
Everyone supported one another and was very encouraging ( like family)
Excellent example at all times of what there company represented
Seeing all the happy faces, I loved it all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community College of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2