Community College of Philadelphia

Community College of Philadelphia Employer Reviews

Decent atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: very lively with standard hours of operation
Cons: pay
Answering questions
You'll learn patience
Co-workers were willing to help
Management is not overly managing
The most challenging obstacle is an irate customer
I enjoyed being able to resolve a students problem
Athletics Department
Athletic Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Ensure accurate usage of the fitness center
Provide assistance and demonstrations of equipment
Assist co-workers in other sections of the department
Always available for events held in the gymnasium
Hardest part of the job-Lack of advancement
Most enjoyable part-Assisting and interaction with students, faculty, staff, and guests
Fun and diverse workplace
Spanish Language Tutor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2014
I loved helping fellow students learn Spanish. It felt good when students grades and confidence improved. It made me realize maybe I need to be teaching.
Not an honest enviornment
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2013
Pros: the sports enviornment and teams
Cons: the dishonesty among the department
Work day was based on the not what you know, it was who you knew and how well you did not do what would be different than the culture they set, this was the hardest part of the job.
The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students/staff when they would come into our department.
tutor/work study/lab tech
Student tutor of Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2013
Pros: i loved the job because i love science and health
Cons: impatient students.
I worked as a Lab tech and a tutor of Biology, anatomy and physiology while at CCP. I enjoyed working as a Lab tech, prepping classes, and preparing cultures. Preparing cultures, agar plats, doing experiments was the best part. I felt that i was creating life when dealing with different bacteria, fungi, and microbes, and i felt like i was exploring – more... life when dissecting. I enjoyed helping other students find new ways of learning, and assisting Lab staff and instructors. The hardest part of this job was tutoring students, I do love it, but when a student just wants you to give them the answer rather than you teaching them how to critically think about finding the answer was a big Con. – less
Its a nice work place and you get to always meet new people.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: there are always friendly people around you.
Cons: there isnt any direct deposite.
Everyday at work i will have a seven hour shift, and i help students with there there CIS103 class which is on the computer. This class go over Microsoft, excel, and power point.
I have very good co workers around me if one of us don't know anything we are all willing to help one another out.
The hardest part of my job is when we get a rush and all – more... the students need help I have to tell them to be patient and that I will be right with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching the students new criteria that they didn't know how to do. – less
Enjoyed the staff and Financial Aid process
Financial Aid Administrative Support (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: learned about the financial aid process
Cons: disrespectful students
A typical day at work would be to receive the students and inquired reason for coming to office. I would provide information to have them review on their account and if they needed more or didn't understand the information, I have them sign in to see an administrator. I've learned how the funds was allocated. The management team was worked very well – more... and had similar interest. My co-workers were a fun bunch of like-minded people. The hardest part of the job was when the students were rude and disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Financial Aid Workshop, helping the potential students input their FAFSA infomation. – less
Great co workers to work with.
Custodian, Environmental Services Department (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2013
I've gained a lot of experience a great work ecthic. A typical day at work was exciting and non stressful. The way things were managed were easy to follow at task.The hardest part of my job was having to do doulble work when a co worker would call out sick.
Empowering Environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: independence to learn students and scaffold assinments
Cons: not enough time
Working as a Professor gives me the ability to empower students with educational opportunties that will contribute to their future successes. I really enjoy working with the students as they learn and achieve knowledge.
good college.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2013
I got my social degree there, I like this college. It has a cheap tuition. It also has lots of nice teachers and supplies good service and help to students.
Superior education at an affordable price.
Coordinator of Library Operations (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2013
Student centered environment.
Excellent benefits.
Job environment varies by department.
it is a very friendly environment to work in
chemistry and biology tutor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2013
I spent most of my day there helping students in higher chemistry and biology classes. honestly, I like everything about my job especially my co-workers because they are so nice and respectful.
Working and teaching add great diversity
Administrative/ Community College of Philadelphia (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2013
My work day is always eventful. There is a wide variety of cultures and ethnicities. People are friendly and the work day seems to go by quickly.
Very Professional
SUPPORT COACH (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: at times yes
Cons: grant funded program
• Track student’s level of participation in Project Achieve’s activities and monitor student’s academic progress based on established individualized student plans.
• Coordinate the delivery of student development programs.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection of student participants.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse – more... academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds. – less
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 30, 2013
A college environment where i learned to manage my time, meet new people and network.
Good experience
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2013
I worked at the controller office of the Community College of Philadelphia in order to expand my communicating environment and gainedmore working experiences. My job was to process salary paper work, assist staffs with school budget work and file papers. I also conducted administrative work including sending mails to students and other departments.
CCP
Student Leadership Committee, Phi Theta Kappa (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2013
Excellent school with a great volunteer, and leadership development.
Diverse student body and challenging professors
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2013
Pros: excellent location for me
Cons: not always well maintained
The vast majority of co-workers were absolutely amazing intelligent people.

The professors are above what one might think of for a community college, i.e., very sharp.
Thriving environment
Office Admin Assoc-Div of Adult & Community Edu (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2013
Pros: summer hours: fridays off
I have worked in three very different departments and have gained a valuable understanding of the functions and hard work within the college. I've met some wonderful people, staff as well as students, and I have forged some very great relationships with my co-workers. I don't see any parts of my job as being hard, but there are some time challenges – more... that I am up against every now and then. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping young people to take advantage of a priceless opportunity and gain a valuable educational experience while still in high school. – less
Cool Temporary Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2013
Pros: great work place
Cons: temporary, no benefits
A good place to work for college students looking to earn money for savings. The work place is convenient for students taking classes on campus.