Community College of Philadelphia Employee Reviews in United States

Student Helper
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
Play role as a leadership, all students' helper need to know all information about school or part of work that they they are handling. Then they transfer those information to students. Student helpers are also the key important marketing tools to promote school.
Nice place to work
LEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2016
Community College is a great place to work. I love working with all staff and I enjoy being around all of the students Everyday there is a different challenge but I`m always ready to meet the demands of the day.
Pros
Summer schedule Fridays off
fun place to work, friendly workers
Tutor/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2016
A typical day consists of me performing front desk work, for example assisting students on how to get around the building, organizing/sanitizing work area, assisting with equipment set-up. I love the people I work with because they are friendly.
Pros
work environment
benefits
Work study programs are available
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 12, 2015
They are jobs available but 15-18 hours no more hours are granted and it is under a financial aid grant, you must qualify for the grant.. over all nice. eh!
Fridays off in the summer.
Coordinator, Corporate College (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2015
Purposeful work which allows you to support students educational goals. Diverse body of students and staff. Good place to work. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Fridays off in the summer
Cons
Difficult to advance
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2015
Good Leadership, while working there I had to the ability to learn all aspects of financial management via student loans for students.
Pros
Team Enviroment
Cons
Salary
Path To Possibility
President, Student Government Association (SGA) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2015
This is a great college to work for. It well managed, students are provided great education at an affordable cost, and there are programs setup to help struggling students to success.
Excellent Place to work
Student Worker- File clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 24, 2015
Community College is a great place to work because they work as a team to solve student issue such; pick out the right course, helping student by offering many labs that will help student with any course that they may need extra help in passing that course. The employers that work at Philadelphia Community College mission is to see that every student attending get the help he or she need to receive a degree. I loved working at CCP.
The library is nice to work at.
Resource Specialist B (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2015
The library is a nice place, I help students in any way I can. I check textbooks and other reserve items out students.You meet different. people
Pros
Benfits
Employer is Janney Montgomery Scott.
Transfer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2015
Worked here right after school. It was a great experience considering it was Corporate America. Typical day at work was contacting banks and other financial institutions regarding clients IRA accounts and CD's. Management was approachable. The hardest part of the job was tracking the requests that was sent via U.S. mail. The most enjoyable part of the job was having no major issues at the end of the day.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
Communicating with other banks and financial institutions.
I enjoyed the experience.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2015
I liked this job. The department head was supportive and the students appreciative. Evaluation forms were appropriate.
Pros
Good working conditions.
Cons
No security. I left and had no tenure to come back.
Great Place to work . I enjoyed teaching there.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2015
Management is great to work with Co-workers share their experiences.The most enjoyable part of the job is to read the students critic of your work.
Pros
School has great reputation in the community
Cons
I would like to teach more classes
The College and its Mission
Technical Craft Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2015
Based on the population the College services makes this an extraordinary rewarding place to work. The most enjoyable part of working for this institution is helping the students on their educational journey.
CCP was very straightforward with little to no obstacles
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the Community College of Philadelphia. Everything was finely organized. My co-workers were committed in teaching. Nothing was hard at CCP. I had a great experience when teaching the immigrants English as a second language.
Pros
Students ambition to succeed
Cons
These is a great place where everyone works hard and is always willing to lend a helping hand
Financial Aid Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2015
I always meet new people. I counsel and assist students with financial aid. I enjoy all the people that I work with. Everyone there makes you feel welcomed.
Career Change
Studnt Technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2015
An excellent program for career changers. A strong balance of classroom and practical learning in a highly competitive program.
Great students and faculty.
Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2015
Learned challenges associated with teaching college students. Most important was preparation for daily classes, and managing time. The hardest part of the job was during the end of semesters and marking grades. The most enjoyable part of the job was student interaction.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Too much work to cover in a small time window.
Assisting students in a lab setting
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2015
Great to be on campus working while attending the same school. Hours were flexible and conducive for study.A great opportunity to become a great employee when one graduates.
Great place to start your education
Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  1700 Spring Garden street Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2015
If you have been out of school for several years or just believe that you're not ready for a 4 year degree college, start hear to get your mind back into the education game. I've been a tutor at C.C.P. off and on since 2005 as one of the science tutors there focusing on students who need help with Chemistry and biochemistry.. I love working there as a tutor. The environment is laid back an easy going. No stress. One great place to work..
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
hours are limited to 20 per week
school
school (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Studying
learning
Liberal Arts
Strong leadership skills; able to prioritize, delegate tasks, and make sound decisions quickly while maintaining a focus on the bottom line.
Pros
quick semester
Cons
long breaks in between