Community College of Rhode Island

Community College of Rhode Island Employer Reviews

Productive place and fun becuase of classmates and co-workers
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, Rhode IslandMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and i can do homework when i'm not busy.
Cons: short breaks
I sign in/out students on the CCRI system that they're studying and/or getting some type of educational help. I learned more about computers and how to find information and find my way in this community college. I get along pretty well with my boss and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is to help a lot of students at the same time when they're anxious but it's not that hard, I can still manage. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help others on the things that I needed help once.
Great advisers to work for
Secretarial Assistant (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: make your own schedule
Work around your classes which is awesome and you can also do your homework. Job basically consists of answering phones and scheduling appointments.
Work at CCRI
Student Aide (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day at CCRI consist of routine maintenance of a Academic Computer Lab and other technology rooms throughout the campus. I have learned that customer service is not a luxury but a necessity since we are constantly catering to hundreds of students daily. The management is pretty straight forward in their expectations of their student aids. There is not much communication between co-workers since we all have unaligned schedules. The hardest part of my job is not always having an answer for a student/faculty when they come into our facility but there's not much I can do about that on my part. I try to educate myself outside of the lab about particular common issues to address them whenever they reappear. I enjoy assisting all these diverse students and circumstances.
Productive Working, very hands on with students.
Help Student Sign up for Student Aid (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 22, 2014
The working environment was friendly. Hard working, and well organized. Well prepared and ready to help student back into college.
Post Graduation and Return to CCRI
Faculty (Current Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
My first college degree was earned at Community College of RI. To return as faculty was exceptionally satisfying. Additionally, the College has a culture of faculty and student' politeness and caring for one another. It is especially interesting that students hold doors for each other and for faculty (as does faculty). Co-workers (fellow faculty) have a strong belief in helping one another. This department is a pleasure to work in at all times.

Hardest part of teaching is, of course, that different students' needs vary. To be sure to keep each student involved is both the challenge and the fascination of teaching.

The most enjoyable...simply being in front of a class and feeling the students interest and connection. An excellent profession...
Caring community of instructors.
Adjunct , Department of English, Basic Composition (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: independence in day to day decision making.
As an adjunct instructor at CCRI, I worked with small classes of diverse students.
Productive and interesting teaching job
Adjunct English Faculty (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJune 22, 2014
Pros: varied hours
Cons: none.
Most enjoyable part of job is getting to know colleagues and especially the students with such a wide array of backgrounds
higher ed
Director of Special Projects (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJune 9, 2014
project management
dedicated resource
planning and management of projects
multiple stakeholders involved
tutoring accounting
paraprofessional tutor (Current Employee), Providence, RIJune 4, 2014
Pros: meeting with students with a lot of demographic backgrounds, working with a student for a longer amount of time (i can take a whole day to tutor 1 student.), easy working, strengthen my accounting knowledge and communication skills
Cons: worked only when the fall/spring semester is in session, can worked only 10 hours per week, no benefits (401k, cafeteria plans), low pay ($25/hour is reasonable to my master's degree.)
I have experience in tutoring accounting ((all levels) for around 7 years in the Community College of Rhode Island. I learn essential communication skills (both oral and written) to put into good use in my accounting field. Also, I can strengthen/improve my accounting knowledge so I can keep up to date with accounting changes.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that I love to stay in the workplace for as long as the workplace opens. I open the Success Center (a place where the students can be tutored by any of the students) very promptly (usually 15 minutes before opening time) every Saturday. I work on Saturdays for 6 straight hours (without taking a single break) and I like it. I also close the Success Center also usually lately (about 5 minutes after closing time).
I have persistence and patience.

When I have an accounting job (one that gives me real accounting experience) in an accounting firm or company , I will use this tutoring job as a side job to get a little extra money.
CCRI Computer Lab work
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 2, 2014
Good co-workers that are easy to get a long with while working, working with over 70+ computers and virtualised machines, multiple copiers located in faculty departments that require frequent repairs and maintenance
Interesting job
Instructor/ Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Lincoln, RIJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: paperwork
Enjoy help training the future ultrasound techs. Co-Workers are friendly and helpful.
Students receive love and respect from Professors, which is wonderful.
English Instructor (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: yes, we did receive periodic get-togethers regarding a nice lunch together, plus discounts were given to us from any products that we purchased on campus, regardless of what it was! that was extremely wonderful.
Cons: the college provided us with health insurance, which required a small "withdrawal" from our paycheck, also, if we did not need it because our spouse provided it, they "congratulated" us with check each month because of what it "saved them", plus it helped us, also! that was wonderful.
Before I began my wonderful career at Community College of Rhode island, I was a seventh grade English Teacher at Beckwith School after I graduated from University of Rhode Island and took additional courses at University of MA at Dartmouth. My twenty years there were absolutely wonderful in every way. There was absolutely no rude or disrespectful situations which occurred, but we all that that "Roses have thorns", which tells us that not "everything" is perfect, but I loved that school and stayed there until I realized that I would LOVE to teach at a college. My application there was completely accepted and I was absolutely thrilled. I believe I stated this previously, but the only reason I am not there now is because we no longer liver in Cranston, Rhode Island, but now it is Tiverton. Distance is much shorter to your wonderful college. I am looking forward to becoming a member of your wonderful College. Thank you!
Good part-time employment allowing time for additional education
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee), Warwick, RIDecember 3, 2013
This was a great work situation for me while I was in school to further my education. I learned time management between school and work, and also within work, dealing with multiple athletes at a time to ensure they all make it out to practice in a timely manner. Interaction with coworkers was very important to promote consistent care on a day to day basis since we all were not there every day. The hardest part of the job was the limited time and resources available.
working with adult learners
ADJUNCT READING TEACHER (Former Employee), Warwick and Providence campusesJuly 2, 2013
Pros: meeting and working with people
I really like working with adults who are motivated to learn. I have seen real progress in students, especially those in Providence area. Rewarding and interesting.
College student employment
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, RIMay 6, 2013
Great place and interesting people. I worked as student help and did basic information technology help.
excellent place to aquire skills
Assist students (Current Employee), Newport, RIMarch 18, 2013
Pros: helped me focus on school
Cons: not enough money
it is a college work study job that helped me aquire the general skills needed to relate to one on one when dealing with people
Dedicated Faculty
Faculty Member (Current Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: strong support throughout the institutio
Cons: as in any teaching position, as much (or more) hours in preparation than in actual class time. however, one can do this at home.
Having been teaching adults of all abilities for many years, my learning consisted mainly of assessing the culture of this particular college. As I had graduated from the nursing department of this college some years ago, I had some knowledge of the culture. However, the support from both the administration and fellow faculty members is very impressive. Every question I had on any topic was attended to immediately--and not just by one person by by any persons to whom I communicated questions. The hardest part of any faculty position is that students will inevitably have varying levels of ability; this is the challenging part as well so qualifies as the most enjoyable part.
meeting new people
Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 31, 2012
enrollment office , new students, assisted all of thr guidence counselors
convenient, easy, fun, loving environment and caring people i ever encounter.
Student help (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 25, 2012
Pros: worked around my school schedule, easy, fun
Cons: not enough hours, no raise, no benefits
The best job I ever had. I worked at Community College of Rhode Island for two years and a half. I truly enjoyed working there. Having a kid can be difficult but they were very understanding. I was also a full time student there and they always worked around my schedule which was really great. I gained a lot of experience working there.
great opportunities
Administrative Assistant/ Dean of Administration (Former Employee), lincoln,riJuly 27, 2012
allowed me to work and go to school, good pay, supportive staff