Community College of Rhode Island Employee Review

View all Community College of Rhode Island reviews

tutoring accounting
paraprofessional tutor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 4, 2014
I have experience in tutoring accounting ((all levels) for around 7 years in the Community College of Rhode Island. I learn essential communication skills (both oral and written) to put into good use in my accounting field. Also, I can strengthen/improve my accounting knowledge so I can keep up to date with accounting changes.

The most enjoyable part of this job is that I love to stay in the workplace for as long as the workplace opens. I open the Success Center (a place where the students can be tutored by any of the students) very promptly (usually 15 minutes before opening time) every Saturday. I work on Saturdays for 6 straight hours (without taking a single break) and I like it. I also close the Success Center also usually lately (about 5 minutes after closing time).
I have persistence and patience.

When I have an accounting job (one that gives me real accounting experience) in an accounting firm or company , I will use this tutoring job as a side job to get a little extra money.
Pros
meeting with students with a lot of demographic backgrounds, working with a student for a longer amount of time (I can take a whole day to tutor 1 student.), easy working, strengthen my accounting knowledge and communication skills
Cons
worked only when the fall/spring semester is in session, can worked only 10 hours per week, no benefits (401k, cafeteria plans), low pay ($25/hour is reasonable to my master's degree.)

Other Community College of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Great Place to work with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 25, 2017
I only worked at CCRI as an intern but the environment was great and the people were great. Parking could be a hassle due to being mixed with student parking, but everything else was great.
Volunteer
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 13, 2017
I was only able to do volunteer work for a while. I did enjoy the people and places I helped. We all had a fun time. While we were cleaning. We joked, talked, and laughed.