Community College of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 13, 2017
I was only able to do volunteer work for a while. I did enjoy the people and places I helped. We all had a fun time. While we were cleaning. We joked, talked, and laughed.
Great job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 9, 2017
The job of office assistant and tutor was really fulfilling. Great boss and great flexibility while taking classes there as well. I originally went to CCRI to advance in my social work career and picked up biology after being exposed to it,and then enjoyed helping others with the tricky concepts.
Pros
Great boss and enviroment
Cons
part tim
Great environment for a student if looking for a part time job.
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence,RIApril 24, 2017
This job is great I loved it. The job position gives you the opportunity to interact with different people from diverse cultures. The job is relaxing.
Pros
Extra time To finish school work, access to school resources, networking with companies and other schools
Cons
15 hrs a week only nothing more, no benefits, no paid holidays, no OT availability.
Great people
Coordinator/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 8, 2017
The culture here like any other place, needs work. Student diversity a plus but employee diversity is 3%. The most exciting part of my day is putting a smile on a students face.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of diversity
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 5, 2017
The coworkers are really great. I work with the some of the funniest people that I've ever known and it's great to know that everyone is super motivated to do their job. We have a lot of laughs too.
Student Worker
Student Assistant Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 28, 2016
I've only worked here as a student, I don't get much for benefits or any room to grow. Once I graduate in the Spring I won't be able to work here anymore.
Wonderful Students, not much of a community for adjunct profs
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 6, 2016
The students at CCRI are wonderful because they want to learn, and often are making sacrifices to be there. I have the utmost respect for my students.
The pay, however is comical given how much work I put into each class, and there is no effort to include adjuncts in any part of the community.
Pros
great studenst
Cons
low pay
CCRI student worker
Student Worker - Art Department (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJuly 7, 2016
I covered the art gallery around my classes. i would greet people and tell them about the various artists. I'd help set up the art shows and take them down.
Pros
I was able to study while working.
Cons
was only part time.
A distinguished work environment.
Assistant to the Dean of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 21, 2016
While a stressful place to work. The culture, made by the massive background of students and faculty, is excellent. As well, the management is fantastic and foster development unlike anywhere else I've worked.
Fun workplace with great staff
Managing Editor (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be arriving into the office at your designated office hours and either writing articles, editing articles, or using Indesign. The hardest part of the job is being told what to do.
Library is perfect for me
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 5, 2016
The environment that i worked in was incredibly understanding and flexible. Loved working here and so sad that I have to leave due to graduating
adjunct college professor
adjucnt professor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 8, 2015
Great place to work! I worked over five years teaching education classes. I kept a strong relationship with the departmnent and could return if I wanted.
Pros
nice school
The boss was amazing, great experience gained.
Assistant to the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIDecember 2, 2015
The Dean was an amazing boss, and was always understanding and helpful. It was a great experience, and a helpful look into an office as well as the management of a school.

I spent most of my day responding to email correspondence, as well as creating and reviewing documents for student organizations. I would take messages for the Dean if they were in a meeting or out. I would spend extended periods at a desk, but would occasionally be sent to meets on the Dean's behalf. I kept regular correspondence with other departments, of both faculty and staff.

The hardest part of the job was having to separate myself as a student with the issues at hand. But any self-doubt or worries I had, were easily dismissed when taking council from the Dean.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with teachers, and aiding them in finding new ways to integrate their classes with the school's many student-run organizations.
Pros
Great Boss, Flexible Hours
Cons
On-Call Hours, Long Days, Stressful Enviroment
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 25, 2015
Supportive staff, flexible hours around class. Great place to establish and grow office-setting skills, You learn the ins and outs of advising and counseling.
Pros
experience in higher ed
Cons
none.
A great place to work while attending school.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIAugust 2, 2015
Work is very slow in the summer. Most come for the pool being the weight room and gym are exclusive to students.
The School year is more chaotic with new students asking for help and non-students trying to sneak in. The supervisors are helpful and friendly as well.
When things are slow you're allowed to do homework too or just look at your phone.
Pros
Very lenient to schedule, if you need the day off you can just let them know via text.
Cons
Can get very boring at times if you have nothing to do, you're limited to how many hours you can work.
Very good learning experience
Homemaker/Student (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 16, 2015
I was in school, so this wasn't a job. I learned so much about my field. It was enjoyable to meet new people. My co students were great to be around.
Pros
I learned all that was needed to succeed
Cons
there were no cons
My Favorite Memory at CCRI
Information Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 2, 2015
My favorite thing about Community College or Rhode Island was being able to work in the Information Desk at the Liston Campus. I was able to connect with a lot of students, and recognize staff in each department. Being able to help students made me feel important. Another reason why I loved working at the Liston Campus is because of the different varieties of diversity and culture. It amazes me to know that we have a lot of students from all over the country.
Family oriented enviornment
Student Veterans Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 21, 2015
A typical day as a student veterans officer consists of communicating with other student veterans, who are no longer active in the service, and guiding them to their goal career path. Consulting with students about their academic concerns, assisting them in obstaining support and or resources to meet specific needs. Basically working with student veterans to facilitate a successful transition to civilian life.
Management and co-workers were the best to work with because they were also veterans themselves so that are able to relate to all. They all came from different branches, however, they worked toward one goal and that was to help one another.
Most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating events just for student veterans to get to know one another and network.
Pros
Assisted education. Networking
Cons
N/a
Productive place and fun becuase of classmates and co-workers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, Rhode IslandMarch 3, 2015
I sign in/out students on the CCRI system that they're studying and/or getting some type of educational help. I learned more about computers and how to find information and find my way in this community college. I get along pretty well with my boss and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is to help a lot of students at the same time when they're anxious but it's not that hard, I can still manage. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help others on the things that I needed help once.
Pros
Flexible schedule and I can do homework when I'm not busy.
Cons
Short breaks
Great advisers to work for
Secretarial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Work around your classes which is awesome and you can also do your homework. Job basically consists of answering phones and scheduling appointments.
Pros
Make your own schedule