Community College of Vermont Employee Reviews

Great place to work and grow!
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTMay 23, 2017
The environment and energy at CCV is notable. Positive connections with co-workers and students help to make every day "worth it". Employees are encouraged to think outside-of-the-box and participate in a number of morale boosting events for students and the community.
Pros
Connections; Work/Life Balance; Creativity is encouraged
Cons
Pay rate is a little low, off-site upper management can make it difficult to hold campus events and/or fundraisers
Networking with Peers and Greater Community
Intern, Writing and Research Tutor (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMay 18, 2017
Working at CCV as a Career Intern or Academic Mentor is a great opportunity to apply skills and experience, both interpersonal and academic. Highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Less than 20hrs per week
The possibility to teach the different social groups of students.
Lecture of Spanish (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work: Taught Spanish and Latin-American Culture I, II and III, 3 Credit hours class.
What you learned: To work with students of all ages, americans, immigrants and refugees.
Management: Very helpful and committed to solve all problems with the integration of the different students.
Workplace culture: Lack of integration between the different groups of students.
Hardest part of the job: Driving in snow and slit for 7 months in Vermont.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Seeing the growth of the different students throughout the year.
Pros
Watching the improvement of the different social groups.
Cons
The lack of tending of the building and the classrooms.
Professionalism
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMay 1, 2017
CCV was my home away from home. It was a very professional workplace. Very family like. Everyone was very friendly. My boss was also a family person and she was very understanding about one having to take a leave.
Professional learning environment
English Educator (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTFebruary 8, 2015
Every class is different even though the subject matter is the same. I have learned a great deal from my students about effectively delivering instruction. The management team is excellent and always willing to listen when there is a problem or issue. The co-workers are all very professional and willing to bounce ideas off each other. The hardest part of my job is not being able to retain all students. The most enjoyable aspect is when students move onto earning their degrees and attend four year colleges.
Pros
Support with technology and ways to increase retention
Cons
None at this time
wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTFebruary 3, 2015
people there were wonderful and treated you with respect. they valued your opinion and asked for it when they wanted. always offered to buy you lunch.
Bennington Location is SUPER
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTJuly 7, 2014
My hiring coordinator in the math department is outstanding and I have never worked under anyone as helpful in terms of carrying out my job obligations. Helped bring my own level of professionalism to a higher plane.
Pros
many
Cons
part time
Productive and fun work place
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VermontMarch 26, 2014
The community college of Vermont is a great place to work, great atmosphere and people. I have nothing bad to say about this place.
Good Job
Administrative Assistant/Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 7, 2014
If you love education and you're willing to work with students to help them out, this is the place to work.
Teaching Online
Adjunct Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTJanuary 3, 2014
Working from home; making education convenient for students
Pros
convenient hours
Cons
no job security

Want to know more about Community College of Vermont?

Ask a question
great place but only temporary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTOctober 7, 2013
I was a work study and learned all the administrative duties. answering phones, filing, helping students, copying faxing,and other duties given to me by the manager. I enjoyed doing this type of work because it was fast paced and I learned many things
Pros
loved the customer service type of work
Cons
only a temporary position
I was a very nice place to work.
Office Aid (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTOctober 7, 2013
It was a very nice place to work. Everyone was easy going, able to talk and joke, but we were always able to enjoy are work as well.
Working for CCV was always a pleasure.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  White River Junction, VTMarch 21, 2013
A typical day was being to work by 8:30am, answering phones, scheduling appointments, helping staff and students, cleaning, organizing paperwork, making copies, etc., and at 5:00pm I would leave. I performed receptionist duties, but my technical job title was Workstudy Student.
I learned a lot while working here. I learned that this type of work is more what I'm looking for in future jobs, and also that I really do enjoy helping people. It makes me happy.
Management was good. If I didn't understand something, one of my superiors usually always had the answer.
My co-workers were great! I loved them like family and miss working with them dearly.
The hardest part of the job was having pay and hour restrictions. Unfortunately those two things are standard for Workstudy Students.
The most enjoyable part was working where I went to school. I loved helping my fellow classmates with anything they needed, and grew to really adore some of the teachers as well.
Excellent
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTFebruary 8, 2013
Excellent school very supportive and accomodative of staff and students.

Our student body is diverse in every category. We pride ourselves on remediating, creating, empowering and launching students into careers and further education. I enjoy my students and they help to keep me young and involved in life.

I enjoy the challenges of the position, and I particularly enjoy seeing young people relaize, not only their academic potential, but their personal potential as people.

It disturbs me greatly to see a young person fail to recognize his or her potential, because life can be very unforgiving.