Community College of Vermont

Community College of Vermont Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Springfield, VermontMarch 26, 2014
The community college of Vermont is a great place to work, great atmosphere and people. I have nothing bad to say about this place.
Good Job
Administrative Assistant/Hospitality Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 7, 2014
If you love education and you're willing to work with students to help them out, this is the place to work.
Teaching Online
Adjunct Administrator (Former Employee), Newport, VTJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: convenient hours
Cons: no job security
Working from home; making education convenient for students
great place but only temporary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bennington, VTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: loved the customer service type of work
Cons: only a temporary position
I was a work study and learned all the administrative duties. answering phones, filing, helping students, copying faxing,and other duties given to me by the manager. I enjoyed doing this type of work because it was fast paced and I learned many things
I was a very nice place to work.
Office Aid (Former Employee), Newport, VTOctober 7, 2013
It was a very nice place to work. Everyone was easy going, able to talk and joke, but we were always able to enjoy are work as well.
Working for CCV was always a pleasure.
Receptionist (Former Employee), White River Junction, VTMarch 21, 2013
A typical day was being to work by 8:30am, answering phones, scheduling appointments, helping staff and students, cleaning, organizing paperwork, making copies, etc., and at 5:00pm I would leave. I performed receptionist duties, but my technical job title was Workstudy Student.
I learned a lot while working here. I learned that this type of work is – more... more what I'm looking for in future jobs, and also that I really do enjoy helping people. It makes me happy.
Management was good. If I didn't understand something, one of my superiors usually always had the answer.
My co-workers were great! I loved them like family and miss working with them dearly.
The hardest part of the job was having pay and hour restrictions. Unfortunately those two things are standard for Workstudy Students.
The most enjoyable part was working where I went to school. I loved helping my fellow classmates with anything they needed, and grew to really adore some of the teachers as well. – less
Excellent
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTFebruary 8, 2013
Excellent school very supportive and accomodative of staff and students.

Our student body is diverse in every category. We pride ourselves on remediating, creating, empowering and launching students into careers and further education. I enjoy my students and they help to keep me young and involved in life.

I enjoy the challenges of the position, and – more... I particularly enjoy seeing young people relaize, not only their academic potential, but their personal potential as people.

It disturbs me greatly to see a young person fail to recognize his or her potential, because life can be very unforgiving. – less