Community College

Community College Employer Reviews

Productive Environment
Human Resources Work Study (Former Employee), ARSeptember 6, 2014
Work environment is steady and sometimes slow. I enjoyed the professional atmosphere as well as the collaborative opportunities within the position.
Review later
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2014
Tell us about:
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Volleyball
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 27, 2014
Loved working for my coach. Not much to. Had fun working with teammates. Laid back atmosphere
Productive place to work
Administrative & Office Specialist II (Current Employee), VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: diversity, great people
Cons: short breaks, i'm only pt
Each day, I have the opportunity to assist students, faculty and other staff members. II learn something new each day about what we, as a college, can offer and how to better assist students and those around me. I have been grateful for how things are managed, thus far. I am also grateful for my co-workers. We put in our best effort to help everyone – more... we are in contact with. We truly are a team. – less
Productive work place
Counselor department of Westchester (Current Employee), Valhalla, NYJune 18, 2014
My work enviroment is very pleasant, but I am looking for a job in which I can learn new things. I am thankful to work with really friendly co-workers. My posistion demands for me to be incharge of the registration process of students.
Awesome opportunity
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), VAJune 6, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere at work with the Staff. I learned to always lead with a smile and to be encouraging in your efforts to assist others perspective students. The hardest part of this job is having to one day leave.
Academic Work Place
Math and Science Tutor (Current Employee), MAFebruary 22, 2014
It is a very good work place. Working as a tutor makes me confident about my problem solving techniques. Love this job, Wont trade it for anything else
Intersting meeting new people every day.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 14, 2014
Arrange food pantry, clothing closets, power point presentations, answer phones, greet students, be a avid listener. This was a woman's crisis department.
working with fellow Campus Safety officers and students.
Cadet Clackamas (Current Employee), Oregon City, ORFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: working with students
Cons: i have not seen any
This job is also my internship that is required for the Associates Degree in criminal justice. Four out of many people revived this job and I was one of the four. It is a great experience that has taught me a lot about the law enforcement field.
It's cool, if you like working with the 18- 24 crowd
Student (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: 18-24 crowd
Cons: 18-24 crowd
Cool place to work. Go to college at a reduced rate. Great recruitment opportunities and networking.
A productive and relax workplace.
Education, Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Mt. Pleasant, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: long hours and usually have to take work home to complete.
I am member of various communities which keep me busy most of the day. I meet regularly with the principals to make sure the afterschool program is on tract with the day-school. I plan and direct activities as well as payroll for 10 employees on a daily basis. I enjoy the research I perform to make sure the student's activities are enjoyable and life – more... long learning projects. – less
Gained experience in teaching college students to earn credits to graduate.
Adjunct Business Technology Instructor (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: had a 99% success rate.
This position gave a new understand of using simulation software to teach computers.
Quite an experience with excellent coworkers.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), IAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: it was enjoyable work that paid the bills.
Cons: not full time with no prospect of ever becoming full time.
The adjunct professor position was challenging in several ways. It was also greatly enjoyable because of my fellow instructors. As an adjunct there were no benefits (leave, vacation, insurance) and the pay was a fraction of what full professors made. The challenges I faced dealt with having 6 different courses to teach. Which courses I taught any given – more... semester depended on what enrollment numbers were for the courses. Changes in text books caused frequent changes in preps previously made. My co-workers were very intelligent and often had zany humorous quirks. It made going to work exciting and a daily adventure. Management was generally hands-off. They realized we had our own expertise and skills, and they honored our autonomy. They were open to requests for assistance in dealing with student related problems or approaches to teaching techniques.

My experience was generally a good one, and quite educational for me as well. – less
Excellent experience.
Adjunct associate professor, automotive technology (Former Employee), VADecember 28, 2013
As with my public school teaching experience, the years as an adjunct professor teaching automotive technology was also an excellent experience.
Nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Mt. Pleasant, TexasNovember 20, 2013
Pros: $1 employee lunches... (just began), affordable continued education for you and immedicate family if it is a benefit you can use, nice people
Cons: work till 6 pm... pay does not match workload or performance in most areas.
My particular position is overloaded; especially for the pay.. While other positions are extremely lax... with the same or very similar amount in pay. A co-worker was moved out of her position working directly with me and her and the work was "given" primarily to me... no monetary compensation was offered or even discussed. All overtime worked needed – more... to accomplish this coverage is comp time... but if I am sick or family sick... they use that rather than pay me for the time earned. – less
Easy work place and friendly people
Security Officer (Current Employee), AROctober 19, 2013
I patrol the campus, securing any unlocked doors and observing patrons. I have learned security methods and procedures. Also learned how to manage staff, students and people into insuring safety. I do not have a hard time working with others. Hardest part of this job is preventing crime. I enjoy helping people with any problem.
Volunteer with Student Government
o Volunteer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2013
I like to help people which makes me happy. It is pleasant that I am able to help people who actually need helps.
Good people, cool job.
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2013
Check incoming students credentials before using the lab computer.
Assist students with computer difficulties. Cleaned the office every evening to prepare for morning service.
Overall, Bluefield is a awesome place to teach.
Professor of Business/Director of Global Education (Current Employee), VAAugust 8, 2013
The college provided support to both the instructor and students in their off-campus program. I was not on campus but the support I needed was only a phone call away.
Great People to Work With
FINANCIAL AID ANALYST (Former Employee), ARJuly 30, 2013
Learning is a way of life. You learn from your supervisor, your co-workers, and the students. It's a friendly place to work.

About Community College

NSCC is committed to building Nova Scotia's economy and quality of life through education and innovation. Serving the province – Read more