Community Colleges Of Spokane Employee Reviews

Loved it!
Student Success and Career Services (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 19, 2017
I would have to say, that no matter the up's and down's this office may have faced, they are still loyal to their students and employees
Office Assistant in Counseling Department
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 21, 2016
It was an absolute joy working with the individuals that I had the opportunity to work side by side with. Everyday was full of fun. Working with this team of people made it feel like a sense of belonging. Very friendly and accepting team.
Pros
friendly team of people.
Cons
compensation, hours.
I really liked working here because I stayed busy
HEAD START AIDE (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 10, 2015
I really liked working there. I applied there a couple of times but could no get hired. I enjoyed that I stayed busy with lots of work.
Pros
I liked the allhe staff worked together.
Cons
On call Sub. The job just ended
Great atmosphere and very well managed.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  District office, Riverpoint CampusFebruary 10, 2015
This job involved filing and sorting confidential information for payroll reporting purposes. The majority of the time I spent filing paperwork. The people in the payroll department are very friendly and helpful. I think the hardest thing about working here is knowing that the position isn't permanent. Even though filing all day can get repetitive, the opportunity to work with the people employed here has made an impression on me and my career decisions. They are all supportive as well as intelligent.
Pros
Supportive and professional role models.
Cons
Position is temporary.
Instructional Tech
Instructional Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 15, 2014
I helped the students with their school work, answered questions & tests. Graded assignments and entered the grades online. Filed & organized paperwork. The hardest part of the day was going home, and the most enjoyable was seeing the students understand the subjects.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short days
good!
eLearning Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2013
I was a part-time project manager so i don't know much about CCS. it seemd like there were a lot of office politics going on but again, it was just a 6 months part time job!
Pros
location
Cons
too much politics!
Sweep racism under the rug
CCS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 13, 2013
There is no good way to talk about Racism and how it rears it's ugly head here at Community Colleges of Spokane - CCS. I can count the number of blacks on one....maybe two hands but none are in leadership roles. I have met Blacks who have been in the same position for decades with being considered for other positions. Other Blacks that work here are never selected for leadership roles because they give all those positions to the Whites. All the Blacks I have encountered are very well educated and professional. So, why aren't there few blacks employed here?

In the mission statement, it states diversity but that is far from the truth. Even the students are majority white; why because they do not even target/market to Black students.

I have had my own personal experience with this place and do not care to discuss here but I do not recommend employment here if you are BLACK!!!
Pros
blacks are not promoted, shady hiring practices, decades behind in technology
Very enjoyable and challenging work environment.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WashingtonMarch 5, 2013
Had a great opportunity to work with and teach students that really wanted to learn. The changing quarterly curriculum required that I study and stay current with the Architectural profession. Enjoyed working with the faculty and staff at the College level.
Pros
educational schedule provided extensive time off for study and relaxation.
Cons
none!
A good place to work, but little chance to keep up with current technologies.
Offset Printer Operator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2013
Monitoring and and maintaining all workflow through both the copy and print sides of the shop. Tracking the use and charges for all jobs processed, Learning to use state reporting databases for documentations.
After the retirement of my supervisor in 2008, I was responsible for all duties that he had formerly provided for the shop. This was great experience. Co-workers were very knowleable of the duties and performed well with little supervision.
The hardest part of the job was employee evaluations.
The most enjoyable was in serving the daily needs of my customers, and knowing that they had their projects in hand when they were needed.
Pros
some opportunites to learn new management skills.
Cons
no chance for position improvement.
a great place for a carreer
special projects carpenter (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 7, 2012
I loved the atmosphere. I wish my job was not just a summer temp position.
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
it was only a temp job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Colleges Of Spokane. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Colleges Of Spokane Reviews by Location