Community Colleges Of Spokane

Community Colleges Of Spokane Employer Reviews

Sweep racism under the rug
CCS Administrator (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 13, 2013
Pros: blacks are not promoted, shady hiring practices, decades behind in technology
There is no good way to talk about Racism and how it rears it's ugly head here at Community Colleges of Spokane - CCS. I can count the number of blacks on one....maybe two hands but none are in leadership roles. I have met Blacks who have been in the same position for decades with being considered for other positions. Other Blacks that work here are – more... never selected for leadership roles because they give all those positions to the Whites. All the Blacks I have encountered are very well educated and professional. So, why aren't there few blacks employed here?

In the mission statement, it states diversity but that is far from the truth. Even the students are majority white; why because they do not even target/market to Black students.

I have had my own personal experience with this place and do not care to discuss here but I do not recommend employment here if you are BLACK!!! – less
Very enjoyable and challenging work environment.
Instructor (Former Employee), Spokane, WashingtonMarch 5, 2013
Pros: educational schedule provided extensive time off for study and relaxation.
Cons: none!
Had a great opportunity to work with and teach students that really wanted to learn. The changing quarterly curriculum required that I study and stay current with the Architectural profession. Enjoyed working with the faculty and staff at the College level.
A good place to work, but little chance to keep up with current technologies.
Offset Printer Operator Supervisor (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: some opportunites to learn new management skills.
Cons: no chance for position improvement.
Monitoring and and maintaining all workflow through both the copy and print sides of the shop. Tracking the use and charges for all jobs processed, Learning to use state reporting databases for documentations.
After the retirement of my supervisor in 2008, I was responsible for all duties that he had formerly provided for the shop. This was great experience. – more... Co-workers were very knowleable of the duties and performed well with little supervision.
The hardest part of the job was employee evaluations.
The most enjoyable was in serving the daily needs of my customers, and knowing that they had their projects in hand when they were needed. – less
a great place for a carreer
special projects carpenter (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 7, 2012
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: it was only a temp job
I loved the atmosphere. I wish my job was not just a summer temp position.