Community Concepts

Community Concepts Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Mason, OHAugust 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was the clients. They are so amazing.
Working with CC
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee), Dumfries, VAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: getting the guys out of the home.
Cons: having to leave when the shift was over.
Learned how to handle different walks of life. Planning, coaching, cooking, and building a relationship with people that I work with. I enjoy putting a smile on the guys faces when having fun. The hardest part of the job is leaving the job. I do appreciate the job management has done in getting different opportunities in order for success.
it's great if you're management
DSP (Current Employee), prince william vaMay 15, 2013
Pros: steady employment when you're not getting beat up
Cons: see the review
where to start....hire so many and forget to tell people what there job really is...false advertisement about what to expect at work the intensity of behaviors.
You don't get paid on time or your overtime, they make the rules up as they go along. While the managers enjoy the perks the staff don't they're overworked, no family life work life balance, – more... no money in your pocket, and what happened to honesty and simply thank you !!
The co workers are interesting and so are the people you support.
For what you make an hour you can go to work somewhere else and your taxes will be correct, you will be appreciated, and your family will be important. – less
Very active work envrionment
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee), Dumfries, VADecember 19, 2012
Pros: getting to know the clients and be active with them.
Cons: hours, pay and the way some co-workers treated others.
A typical day would be adventurous.You went into the group homes and didn't know how the clients acted. The co-workers were okay, it depends who worked with you on shift. The hardest job is getting the clients to calm down from having a behavior. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the clients have fun while they're with you.
Friendly place, nice atomsphere.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lewiston, MESeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free goodies. wonderful people to work with.
Cons: there were no cons to the job.
I volunteer for the HEAP program. A program who helped people with heating assistance,telephone and electricity. My day consists of answering the phones,calling the customers back to set up appointments. Data entry the applications into the computer. Sorted the mail out and put the paperwork into the correct customer's folder so the application can – more... be processed. Prepared the mail so the application letters can be mailed to the customer. I learned how to do many things like how to put an application in the computer. My job was pretty easy. I dealt with the public all the day. I love working with my coworkers. The job was pretty simple just involve a lot of phone work and paperwork which I enjoyed doing – less