Community Concepts Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Growing company
Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMay 11, 2016
Their is no typical work day. You may start at 7am with a phone call or at 11am with your assigned shift. It depends on your group home needs. Shift is 11am-7pm, you may work more or less than that it depends on the day. My co workers and management are nice, I couldn't ask for anything else.
Hardest part of the job is not having a set schedule because your schedule depends on your site needs so family functions, weekend plans or events are always in the air.
Pros
flexibility, friendly company
Cons
Over worked and under paid, little to no raise, have to work weekday. holidays
Caring non-profit.
Wellness & Corporate Insurances Manager (Current Employee) –  LewistonJune 6, 2016
50 year old community action program dedicated in serving the population who need it most.

Great employees.

Work life culture
Pros
work life balance
Cons
favoritism
Needs Improvement
DCP (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHJuly 29, 2016
The clients were easy to work with but management was not always east to work with. The company its self was not doing all they could to help the clients in the homes.
Worked with mentally disabled individuals in their home environment
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Goshen, OHOctober 27, 2015
Worked with individuals in their home to maintain quality of life by assisting with daily routines such as personal hygiene, cooking, and cleaning. Getting residents out in to the community.
Pros
meals provided during work hours
Cons
work hours
Fun job with bad managemet
Direct Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAApril 9, 2015
Loved the clients, hated the management. Overall loved working with the clients who would never make a day boring. Hated the way that management put certain clients in a group home with other clients that were more independent than them, slowed down the dynamic and growth of the house.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Staff
Very active work envrionment
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VADecember 19, 2012
A typical day would be adventurous.You went into the group homes and didn't know how the clients acted. The co-workers were okay, it depends who worked with you on shift. The hardest job is getting the clients to calm down from having a behavior. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the clients have fun while they're with you.
Pros
getting to know the clients and be active with them.
Cons
hours, pay and the way some co-workers treated others.
it's great if you're management
DSP (Current Employee) –  prince william vaMay 15, 2013
where to start....hire so many and forget to tell people what there job really is...false advertisement about what to expect at work the intensity of behaviors.
You don't get paid on time or your overtime, they make the rules up as they go along. While the managers enjoy the perks the staff don't they're overworked, no family life work life balance, no money in your pocket, and what happened to honesty and simply thank you !!
The co workers are interesting and so are the people you support.
For what you make an hour you can go to work somewhere else and your taxes will be correct, you will be appreciated, and your family will be important.
Pros
steady employment when you're not getting beat up
Cons
see the review
Working with CC
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJuly 30, 2013
Learned how to handle different walks of life. Planning, coaching, cooking, and building a relationship with people that I work with. I enjoy putting a smile on the guys faces when having fun. The hardest part of the job is leaving the job. I do appreciate the job management has done in getting different opportunities in order for success.
Pros
getting the guys out of the home.
Cons
having to leave when the shift was over.
Friendly place, nice atomsphere.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 25, 2012
I volunteer for the HEAP program. A program who helped people with heating assistance,telephone and electricity. My day consists of answering the phones,calling the customers back to set up appointments. Data entry the applications into the computer. Sorted the mail out and put the paperwork into the correct customer's folder so the application can be processed. Prepared the mail so the application letters can be mailed to the customer. I learned how to do many things like how to put an application in the computer. My job was pretty easy. I dealt with the public all the day. I love working with my coworkers. The job was pretty simple just involve a lot of phone work and paperwork which I enjoyed doing
Pros
free goodies. wonderful people to work with.
Cons
there were no cons to the job.
nice work place
Direct Support Specialist 11 (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VASeptember 23, 2013
I love working for this place. Can be challenging at time with the behaviors but a good place to work.
Pros
good place to work
Productive and fun work place.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 22, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was the clients. They are so amazing.

2.4