Community Connections

Community Connections Employer Reviews

Great place to work while I moved
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
At Community Connections I was in charge of dispensing medication to the clients and ensuring they attend all of their scheduled doctor appointments. This job was perfect for me while I planned a wedding, got married and moved to Mesa from Peoria.
Expected to create order from chaos
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: it can be very rewarding to help people who are in such dire straits.
Cons: poor professional boundaries, unsafe environment, no supervisors with medical/nursing background.
Community Connections ACT teams attempt to provide holistic care for people with chronic, serious mental illness, many of whom are homeless and have addictions. They assert that they are providing connections between various service agencies in DC that are broken. In fact, they receive nearly all their funding through DC Medicaid, and closely resemble – more... many of the other agencies in the way in which they operate. Nurses implement care for psychiatrists at the non-profit agency, within the clinic and in the field. They are supervised by social workers who have no medical or nursing background. Each ACT nurse is part of a team with about 8 case managers, and 100 consumers. The nurse provides care for all 100 consumers, and the case managers bring them in to the clinic to see the nurse and psychiatrist without appointments. The expectation is that the nurse will spend time in the field with clients, but time management is very difficult, and it is hard to get out of the clinic. During the day, there are usually dozens of consumers waiting for hours in the lobby area, sometimes in an agitated state. There is no defined means of advancement for nurses. Administrative tasks such as filling pill boxes and writing narrative notes for billing purposes take a great deal of the nurse's time, such that most of them spend about 9 or ten hours per day to complete 3 hours' of billable time. The agency has a strong focus upon completing sufficient billable hours to keep afloat financially, and puts pressure on all nurses and case managers to make quotas. – less
Laid back work place
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: the company offers a lot of programs to help the youth
Cons: no lunch breaks
Need more programs for the homeless, but the company offer alot for the youth.
Fun and Active Work Place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 28, 2014
Pros: trips with all the clients were paid for.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
A trypical work day would be me going in at 8am, waking the clients up and giving them their meds and breakfast.
Then we would get them showered and go on our outings which consist of going to the mall, Dollar General, the park, McDonalds, or wherever the client wanted to go. We would be out for a couple hours then come back. We would provide lunch – more... for them then give them some reading lessons, music lessons or watch movies and color. Then we would provide dinner and meds and let them watch tv then get them ready for bed.
My co-workers were fantastic. Very good with the clients and we got a long great.
The hardest part about the job is just making sure we give them the right medication at the right time, and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to hang out with them and just learn the different ways they communicated and did stuff. – less
Rewarding and inspirational work
Developmental Therapist (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 11, 2014
I do developmental therapy for adults with special needs. I assist participants with money, communication, cooking, and other skills necessary to integrate into the community and learn to live independently.
Helping those who can not help themselves
Assisting Patients (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: a relaxed work environment, free lunch, flexible work schedule
Cons: not compensated for gas that was used to run errands for patients by management
Everyday is spent assisting patients with daily tasks that they are unable to do themselves, such as: laudry, cleaning, cooking, running errands, etc. I learned a lot about being patient with people who suffer with disabilities and endure extrem levels of pain. I did not feel as though management was very efficent in supplying in-home aids with proper – more... training and most of the things that I learned came from experience on the job. The hardest thing about the job was adjusting to different patient expectations of you. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the difference you made in a patients day just by being there for them and helping them when they have no one else to help them in their day to day life. – less
Support Staff
Support Staff (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 8, 2014
I would help a client with ADL's and help them shop for groceries, and other supplies, help them make meals and shower. The management was mixed and they did not know what the other hand was doing per se. The job was very hard and confusing at times.
A great place for people with eating disorders
BHT / House Manager - (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: learning new things all of the time.
Cons: no support from management
For me my days were different everyday. I could be conducting groups, cooking for client's special meal plans, making appts and transporting clients, talking to case manager, auditing and maintaining the medical log, calling pharmacy to check on medications or straightening out RX's. Listening to client concerns, scheduling shifts, food inventory and – more... purchasing food and household items, maintaining the house and various documentation on all clients were just some of my duties.
I learned a lot about nutrition and the different groups of proteins, grains, etc.; I also received much information on various eating disorders and allergies like gluten, soy, dairy, and about vegans.
As far as management, it was improving but there was not much support or back up.Most of the co-workers were hard working, caring individuals and supportive of each other.
Hardest part of job was no back up from management and some uncaring co-workers and most of them are gone now.
Most enjoyable part of job was the clients, learning new skills, some of my coworkers and some of the independent contractors like the Dietician and some of the therapists. – less
Free outings for staff, very challenging
Direct Care/Relief Counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: hour break
Cons: working nine months out of the year
Working with at risk youth in a school setting, making sure they complete classroom assignments, as well as homework assignments. Completing daily progress notes on youth behavior and academic performance throughout the day.
Exciting Company to work for...always a challenge
Asst. Director (Current Employee), Jacksonville FloridaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: demanding at times
I enjoy working for this company. I love the people and the opportunities for staff to advance in the company.
Overall connection with consumers most enjoyable -motivating, enriching and empowering was actually very inspiring
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 17, 2013
The most important part of the day was the reception from the consumers. The trust level was incredible; the interaction was moving. Issues at times but you expect it in this field. I learned that these mentally disabled consumers need direction, compassion and someone that's open to communicate with. Management a big part .
Especially, time management. – more... Time Management is very important when the workload are (8) consumers, with different mental illnessess; different needs. I find that patience is vitally essential .
Co-workers were easy to get along with. Every individual had something very special to bring to the table. The hardest part at times was diffusing the dissention, however, it all worked out.
The m ost enjoyable part of the job was motivating the consumers to do their in-house chores and as time progressed, consumers took on their assignments w/o direction or supervision. – less
Great experience
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 12, 2013
CC provides great services to those living with mental health issues and trauma.
A Day at Work
Babysitter/Child Caregiver (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: free food, worked around my schedule
Cons: no benefits, ill-mannered children
Cook breakfast and lunch for 7 children ages 2-12. Took kids to the park around 12 p.m. everyday. Clean house before parent came home.
nice Place to work
In Home care provider (Former Employee), Napa, CAOctober 27, 2013
I loved the place but gas was to high at the time so I had to resign
Helping community members
Computer Lab and Library Volunteer (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 25, 2013
Community Connections is a drop in center for disabled people through Aurora Mental Health and BHI.
Excellent learning company
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2013
Cons: long commute
Travel train, apartment checks, curfew checks, and I also monitored them take their medication, assisted them to locate employment.
nice place to work
Caretaker (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 3, 2013
In-house care of the mentally/physically handicapped
Correct dose or medication given daily
Food preparation for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Laundry
Daily activity logs
Daily behavior logs
Handling of weekly/monthly allowance
Weekly grocery lists
Escort to doctor appointments
A company to work will give you a lot of expreicne dealing with people.
Behavioral Councilor (Former Employee), Napa, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: learning people
Cons: my ablity to addvance with company
I enjoyed working with members of commuinty connectons it was a life growing expreince I will take with me trough out my work career.
Home Childcare
Child care Provider (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 29, 2013
Provided supervision for children in my care, prepared and served nutritional meals and snacks, developed and coordinated recreational activities, monitored children at nap and play time, maintained daily care log hours, payment receipts, and accident reports, disinfected and sanitized work area.
Productive workplace
Social network media coordinator (Former Employee), Princeton, WVJune 22, 2013
Pros: travel, events, meetings
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working here. Serviced southern WV in tobacco education.

1 2 3