Community Connections Employee Reviews

Good work environment, Professional staff and helpful co-workers
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2017
Assisted clients with social services needs, advocated for clients for other outside providers, Responsible for providing affidavits to court and government officials,doctors and attorneys, In-put data into company data base system. submit monthly and weekly reports such as treatment plans and care plans.Developed effective interpersonal and coping skills, Assisted clients with housing and employment search. Responsible for home visits and transitional care.
Pros
Good Benefits and Good Working Environment
Demanding position
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 9, 2017
The ob was one that required filing in for others more often than was ideal to be able to have a balance between work and personal life. It was a load of paper work and it was trainings every week that got overwhelming
Pros
The clients were a joy to work with.
Cons
The filing in or others so often.
Day Service Clincian
Day Services Clinician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2017
facilitate psycho educational groups
provide case management

Job pay does not match the job responsibilities. The agency does not believe in raises even if you're going above and beyond.
good but?
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
Its a good place to work for those in mental health,but ALLtheir homes are bedbug infested, you do not need to sit down before u are feasted on. the environment is unclean no matter how much u clean.
Pros
residential manager is excellent
Cons
bug infested homes
Workplace culture
Associate Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKSeptember 8, 2017
Community Connections is a well established services provider.
It operates under a strong mission and set of core values. The agency has a strong and diverse board of directors,
Pros
clients, staff and community
No clue what to say
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Ivel, KYSeptember 5, 2017
I really don't have much to say other than they do not like to pay for what you have to put up with or deal with under the circumstances of the individuals.
Great organization to help consumers
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2017
Mission of organization is great.

enjoy the job that I did helping consumers. I enjoy the team approach and the ability to advocate for consumers. My supervisor was supportive
Pros
wonderful co-workers and flexiblility
Cons
No professional growth or promotions
Salary is unreasonable but it is a great entry level job
CBI Specialist and TF-CBT Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 1, 2017
I learned a lot and received a lot of free trainings/clinical supervision right out of school but the salary as a case manager in DC is unreasonable..
Caring for your elders & children <3
In home caregiver (Former Employee) –  Craig, AKJuly 24, 2017
Community Connections was the best job for me! I loved being able to help my elders. Each client was different for each other. One client could need help with household chores. Another could just want someone to sit and visit, have some laughs and play cards. Working with children was a blast as well. I was able to plan the day, take them to a beach on sunny days or stay inside and plan arts&crafts on the rainy days. I truly miss being there to help others...
Making a difference in the lives you serve
Recovery Navigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2017
The job can be stressful if one is not organized and understanding that it cannot be done in 40 hours. Documentation and productivity are expected. The turnover is high due to the requirements. It's hard to give the clients we serve the attention needed due to high demands; however, this is the job and it is not for everyone but it can be done. Job/Life balance is tough as well. It's probably best for someone just out of college who does not have a growing family. These parameters that I have listed are for case management.
Pros
Population served
Cons
Staff that is burned out
Connecting clients with other outside events
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2017
Productive and open minded to creativity. I enjoyed directing, supporting and interacting with the clientele, as well as overseeing other departments.
Great
Forensic Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2017
Awesome training in mental health. Prepares you for field work and intensive case management. Good training in forensic mental health and evidence-based treatment
I love children
Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2017
I love working with children. This job is great if you have a lot of time,patience and energy. But even though its hard work its worth the smiles and laughter you see day to day.
Community Connections
TRANSITION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
While working on the ACT team things were extremely busy. Took a small promotion and things became very slow. Great boss, friendly environment. Just looking for something new.
strong clinical focused setting
Clinical Counselor - multiple positions (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2017
Provided a strong clinical background and experience; company excels in dual-diagnosis / trauma treatment and recovery; fast-paced environment; very dedicated and experienced staff. Research based company with inflows of grants which offer unique work opportunities / projects.
Pros
trauma informed treatment
Cons
heavy workload
Good clients, terrible management
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 2, 2017
While the work itself is rewarding, it certainly doesn't pay well. I signed up to do overnight shifts and they said that would work. What they don't really tell you is that you're expected to work a weekend. A full weekend. You get there on Saturday and don't leave until Monday morning, and this is on top of working 16 hour shifts during the week.

The training is terrible. Luckily this wasn't the first time I had worked in this field, because without prior knowledge I wouldn't have been able to do anything. The paperwork is never properly explained, the routines are never gone over, and the supervisors don't help. They'll just tell you to ask a different over worked staff to do "more" training, without telling the other staff beforehand.
Pros
Clients themselves were enjoyable.
Cons
No breaks, terrible supervisors, limited training, verbal abuse.
Exciting workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 1, 2017
Working with mentally challenged people was rewarding. It opened my eyes to a whole new environment. Understanding their needs and serving them was a joy and would love the opportunity to do it again.
Pros
Working with the public.
Cons
Need more organizations like CC.
fun playtime with the children
Child Caregiver (Current Employee) –  from homeMay 29, 2017
In my current work experience I learned a lot about children. I`ve learned what they like and do not like, how to be patient with the children, what their favorite foods and toys are and, also all the types of things they like to do.
Pros
at home
Cons
weather
Meaning experience
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2017
Working at Community Connections allows you to really help people who struggle with many issues in DC, but pay for case workers, and staff is low. Employees should be compensated more for the work they do with better benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay & Benefits
Horrible Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SE, Washington, DCMay 15, 2017
It's a mental health facility. No one really cares about the clients except for the over worked case managers. They care more about billable hours to Medicare. There is no training, no support. They are quick to get rid of you if you complain about any issue. And the CEO needs to retire, she is not a warm person.
Pros
Lovable clients
Cons
Management sucks