Community Connections

Community Connections Employer Reviews

Engaging and friendly
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 2, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: no breaks
Community Connections is a welcoming and caring employer that looks out for the best interest of their employees as well as their consumers. Management there are very hands on and open. The work culture caters to the improvement of the consumers' life.
Great place for hands on experience
ACT Team 5 Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: team work was valued
Cons: lack of compassion for the employer when they experience health, or physical issues
My tpyical work day started at 8:30 am I dealt with a case load of 10 ppl... The hardest part of the day was dealing with the consumers some had severe mental issues that would trigger me. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone in there time of need.
Small Company but Influential
Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2014
People here work hard and care about those they are working to help. Very flexible in scheduling, but you must be diligent.
productive positive atmesphere
Resource Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: non
good place to work good management worked with a excellent director.
A hard but rewarding job
Developmental Therapist (Former Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of me picking up the child from their home and taking them to the center. Once we were there we would work on certain programs their parents had designed for them. For example a program could be, "Jane will make eye contact with someone while speaking to them." We would spend time working on programs playing games and – more... doing puzzles or playing outside. As part of the job, developmental therapists were required to spend a certain amount of time in the community with their "kiddos." Sometimes we would go to the store, the library, or the park. The hardest part of the job was when a child would have a behavioral issue, or some sort of tantrum. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing your kiddo progress and doing well on their programs. It was rewarding to see that I was making a difference, and that my kiddo trusted and respected me. One girl I worked with could not speak and did not know sign language. Our first few weeks working together were extremely difficult. I couldn't always understand what she wanted, and that would make her frustrated, and in turn she would have major behavioral problems. But after awhile I began to understand her more and more, and after some time I learned how she communicated. That was a very rewarding experience. – less
Assessment
Clinical Intake Specialist, Therapist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2014
Low pay for thankless work. Poor management. Employees not valued.
Great place to work while I moved
Behavioral Health Technician - part time (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
Working with Severely Mentally Ill women in one group home and Eating Disorder women in another group home.
Great place to work while I moved
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
At Community Connections I was in charge of dispensing medication to the clients and ensuring they attend all of their scheduled doctor appointments. This job was perfect for me while I planned a wedding, got married and moved to Mesa from Peoria.
Expected to create order from chaos
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: it can be very rewarding to help people who are in such dire straits.
Cons: poor professional boundaries, unsafe environment, no supervisors with medical/nursing background.
Community Connections ACT teams attempt to provide holistic care for people with chronic, serious mental illness, many of whom are homeless and have addictions. They assert that they are providing connections between various service agencies in DC that are broken. In fact, they receive nearly all their funding through DC Medicaid, and closely resemble – more... many of the other agencies in the way in which they operate. Nurses implement care for psychiatrists at the non-profit agency, within the clinic and in the field. They are supervised by social workers who have no medical or nursing background. Each ACT nurse is part of a team with about 8 case managers, and 100 consumers. The nurse provides care for all 100 consumers, and the case managers bring them in to the clinic to see the nurse and psychiatrist without appointments. The expectation is that the nurse will spend time in the field with clients, but time management is very difficult, and it is hard to get out of the clinic. During the day, there are usually dozens of consumers waiting for hours in the lobby area, sometimes in an agitated state. There is no defined means of advancement for nurses. Administrative tasks such as filling pill boxes and writing narrative notes for billing purposes take a great deal of the nurse's time, such that most of them spend about 9 or ten hours per day to complete 3 hours' of billable time. The agency has a strong focus upon completing sufficient billable hours to keep afloat financially, and puts pressure on all nurses and case managers to make quotas. – less
Laid back work place
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Pros: the company offers a lot of programs to help the youth
Cons: no lunch breaks
Need more programs for the homeless, but the company offer alot for the youth.
Fun and Active Work Place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 28, 2014
Pros: trips with all the clients were paid for.
Cons: short lunch breaks.
A trypical work day would be me going in at 8am, waking the clients up and giving them their meds and breakfast.
Then we would get them showered and go on our outings which consist of going to the mall, Dollar General, the park, McDonalds, or wherever the client wanted to go. We would be out for a couple hours then come back. We would provide lunch – more... for them then give them some reading lessons, music lessons or watch movies and color. Then we would provide dinner and meds and let them watch tv then get them ready for bed.
My co-workers were fantastic. Very good with the clients and we got a long great.
The hardest part about the job is just making sure we give them the right medication at the right time, and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to hang out with them and just learn the different ways they communicated and did stuff. – less
Rewarding and inspirational work
Developmental Therapist (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 11, 2014
I do developmental therapy for adults with special needs. I assist participants with money, communication, cooking, and other skills necessary to integrate into the community and learn to live independently.
Helping those who can not help themselves
Assisting Patients (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: a relaxed work environment, free lunch, flexible work schedule
Cons: not compensated for gas that was used to run errands for patients by management
Everyday is spent assisting patients with daily tasks that they are unable to do themselves, such as: laudry, cleaning, cooking, running errands, etc. I learned a lot about being patient with people who suffer with disabilities and endure extrem levels of pain. I did not feel as though management was very efficent in supplying in-home aids with proper – more... training and most of the things that I learned came from experience on the job. The hardest thing about the job was adjusting to different patient expectations of you. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the difference you made in a patients day just by being there for them and helping them when they have no one else to help them in their day to day life. – less
Support Staff
Support Staff (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 8, 2014
I would help a client with ADL's and help them shop for groceries, and other supplies, help them make meals and shower. The management was mixed and they did not know what the other hand was doing per se. The job was very hard and confusing at times.
A great place for people with eating disorders
BHT / House Manager - (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: learning new things all of the time.
Cons: no support from management
For me my days were different everyday. I could be conducting groups, cooking for client's special meal plans, making appts and transporting clients, talking to case manager, auditing and maintaining the medical log, calling pharmacy to check on medications or straightening out RX's. Listening to client concerns, scheduling shifts, food inventory and – more... purchasing food and household items, maintaining the house and various documentation on all clients were just some of my duties.
I learned a lot about nutrition and the different groups of proteins, grains, etc.; I also received much information on various eating disorders and allergies like gluten, soy, dairy, and about vegans.
As far as management, it was improving but there was not much support or back up.Most of the co-workers were hard working, caring individuals and supportive of each other.
Hardest part of job was no back up from management and some uncaring co-workers and most of them are gone now.
Most enjoyable part of job was the clients, learning new skills, some of my coworkers and some of the independent contractors like the Dietician and some of the therapists. – less
Free outings for staff, very challenging
Direct Care/Relief Counselor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: hour break
Cons: working nine months out of the year
Working with at risk youth in a school setting, making sure they complete classroom assignments, as well as homework assignments. Completing daily progress notes on youth behavior and academic performance throughout the day.
Exciting Company to work for...always a challenge
Asst. Director (Current Employee), Jacksonville FloridaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: demanding at times
I enjoy working for this company. I love the people and the opportunities for staff to advance in the company.
Overall connection with consumers most enjoyable -motivating, enriching and empowering was actually very inspiring
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 17, 2013
The most important part of the day was the reception from the consumers. The trust level was incredible; the interaction was moving. Issues at times but you expect it in this field. I learned that these mentally disabled consumers need direction, compassion and someone that's open to communicate with. Management a big part .
Especially, time management. – more... Time Management is very important when the workload are (8) consumers, with different mental illnessess; different needs. I find that patience is vitally essential .
Co-workers were easy to get along with. Every individual had something very special to bring to the table. The hardest part at times was diffusing the dissention, however, it all worked out.
The m ost enjoyable part of the job was motivating the consumers to do their in-house chores and as time progressed, consumers took on their assignments w/o direction or supervision. – less
Great experience
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 12, 2013
CC provides great services to those living with mental health issues and trauma.
A Day at Work
Babysitter/Child Caregiver (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 5, 2013
Pros: free food, worked around my schedule
Cons: no benefits, ill-mannered children
Cook breakfast and lunch for 7 children ages 2-12. Took kids to the park around 12 p.m. everyday. Clean house before parent came home.

1 2 3