Community Connections

Community Connections Employee Reviews

Great assest to community.
Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKOctober 21, 2016
Good job. Rewarding because you get to help others who really appreciate your service.

Caution: The job does not take into account the stress on its employees, or they would not give them high volume hours with a single (high maintenance) customers. This will definitely result in "burn out" and/or misconduct.

Be aware the health insurance is not practical for the average technician salary; for example: $5000 deductible, or 50% co pay even after $1500 deductible is met!
Pros
You get to help others.
Cons
Can not afford to get sick or take psych leave.
great place to work
One to One Aide (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MADecember 18, 2016
the management there is great, they treat you like you are one of their own, they have great benefits, it is a rewarding job
Poorly managed, low pay, hostile environment
Day training manager (Former Employee) –  Ivel, KYOctober 5, 2016
Community connections in ivel Kentucky is poorly managed, the employees that work in the office side have been there for years and are stuck in the old ways that don't work, their ways aren't effecient they belittle the staff below them and break the chain of command and go behind the executive directors back it's always an hostile work environment they constantly gossip about one Another. The company pays their emoyees minimum wage unless you are good friends with the owner for example the maintenance man makes more hourly than the on site case worker.
Pros
Working with the individual with autism
Cons
No breaks or lunches poor pay
Case Manager
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2016
This has been the most challenging yet rewarding job I have ever done. Not for the feint of heart. You will meet some of the best people you have ever worked with, and make lasting friendships on your team. The management does not do enough to support its people. Its your friendships that get you through the day. The clients are overwhelming if you let them get to you. And the expectations for paperwork are ridiculous.
Pros
great experience; good teams
Cons
no breaks, lots of paperwork, more then 40hr a week job
Just don't do it
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJune 21, 2016
I can honestly say this was my worst job. I wanted to love it so much, however the management in this place is a joke. The amount of work they have you doing compared to the pay is also a joke. You might as well just be a taxi driver because all they want you to do here is drive people around. There is no teaching the clients independence here it's a glorified babysitting job. This job is unsafe and very unpredictable, the managers do not go in the field often. They tell you upon hire that this company has a high turnover rate which I see why now. They are currently talking about extrapolation, which I don't think this company will be around long at all. Do yourself a favor and look into working for a company in VA.
Pros
Some of the coworkers are really nice.
Cons
Supervisors are terrible, Asst team leads are jokes, the pay and parking is terrible
Great Opportunity for experience, Very Stressful Job
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2017
This job can be quite difficult with no support. There have been constant changes within the agency making it difficult to love working here. It is a great agency to experience with vast opportunities of networking, however it can be difficult to balance work and personal life as a lot of work will be taken home without pay.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Stressful
Independent Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work consist of answering of multiple phone calls as well a tremendous amount of paper work. What I have learned is strengthens my organizational skills as well as communication and presentation. Co-workers are team players but the hardest part is the deadlines.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
raciam
decent employment
Group Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 18, 2016
I was responsible for managing a group home for young men in the foster care system. I supervised staff and assisted in training individuals.
Pros
stable employment
Cons
no room for advancement and poor training
Amazing work staff
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Malone, NYOctober 25, 2016
This place was amazing to,work.... The employees are fantastic and very helpful. Love helping people and working with all different people
Pros
Staff was amazing
Cons
Volunteer work
fun with kids
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 8, 2016
I was responsible to care for four children. I cooked for them and took them out for fun activities. I was able to stay home and I enjoyed the time I spent with them.
Amazing, organized, team players
Adminstrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 26, 2016
It was a great place to work that's where i got most of my experience from. Delta college told me about this job. At first it was externship but as it grew on me. And i was enjoying it.
Great Work Experience
Human Resource/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ivel, KYMarch 10, 2015
A lot of responsibility, great work experience which was the reason for a low pay grade in comparison to the position and duties. Wonderful coworkers, and a joy to be part of the care and development of individuals with an array of intellectual disabilities. Regretful to have left but I moved due to spouses relocation. A typical day included checking Google calendar of appointments made for staff, upcoming recerts, performance ratings, driver license and insurance renewals. Checked emails for upcoming trainings and webinars, assisted Executive Director daily in developing strategies and implementation of company Corrective Action Plans. Inventoried office supplies, small maintenance of computers, routers, programs, etc. All things in a typical day, otherwise screened resumes and applications, managed employee files, and created office memos and scheduled trainings.
Pros
Valuable work experience, five paid holidays, Christmas bonuses and higher paid vacation time.
Cons
low pay rate, no insurance benefits.
Fun work environment.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKSeptember 12, 2016
Assist with activities of daily living including meal preparation for elderly client. Perform routine cleaning: dust, vacuum, wash dishes, and laundry.
Cons
Short breaks.
Really Good
Assitant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 28, 2016
This company is very friendly, I Went in Monday - Friday and some days i would file paper work and other days I would clean and put donations away. I learned how to expand my filing skills. The hardest part about work was going home it was just so fun.
Pros
Free Lunch
Work Place
Campus Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJuly 11, 2016
This was the perfect position for a college student, since I worked on campus and was able to work around my own schedule. The supervisor was an amazing person to work for and I loved the fact I was able to meet a lot of different people each time I worked.
Overall, I enjoyed the opportunities for advancement; training; co-workers; and of course, our clients.
Lead Service Provider and Coordinator Mentee (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKDecember 20, 2012
Community Connections was a great place to work. They offered lots of training and classes, so I learned a lot and received many certificates in the field. My co-workers were great. Most of us worked out on the field on our own. But, when I worked in the office during the mentorship program I was a part of, I was able to perform supervisory work and this got me closer to staff and we all worked very well together. The overall environment was great and I feel this organization offers many valuable services to the community of Ketchikan, Alaska. The most enjoyable part of my job was the life-long ties that I will have with my former clients. It is extremely valuable to me to part of a work that offers help to those in need.
Pros
training, certificates, flexible hours, good pay, good benefits.
Cons
job insecurity. it seemed some people were let go without much of a warning.
It was a good enviorment to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYNovember 8, 2014
I would go in and make sure dinner was cooked. I would get my individual off the bus and take them to the restroom. I would make sure they was comfortable and get their dinner. I would feed them, and ask them what they wanted to do. If they wanted I would take them out into the community. I would assist with a bath. I would punch their meds, and get them a snack and give them their meds. I would help them to the bed. while they sleep I will get everything caught up with the cleaning and paper worlk.
Pros
I got to work extra hours and got overtime
Cons
no health benefits
Terrible Management/hours
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 15, 2016
When working for Community Connections I accepted a weekend/sleep shift. The way you get paid can be slightly confusing, but is completely above board as long as you get 8 hours uninterrupted sleep, which did not happen at my site.

There seemed too be too many managers, and too many plans for an environment conducive to individuals with developmental disabilities. If you had a violent client, they left you flapping in the breeze and you had to deal with it practically on your own.
Pros
Assisting people who need your help.
Cons
Doesn't seem as though the employees are valued.
Following my Clients care plan,rehabilitation plan medical needs
Therapy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 8, 2016
A typical day would be following my clients care plan such as safety, rehabilitation plan such as their Range of motion ,walking, supine standers. Also helping out the nursing staff such as doing weights some minor first aid.
Pros
a rewarding job working with my clients
Cons
pay rate
A Day at Work
Babysitter/Child Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 5, 2013
Cook breakfast and lunch for 7 children ages 2-12. Took kids to the park around 12 p.m. everyday. Clean house before parent came home.
Pros
Free food, Worked around my schedule
Cons
No benefits, ill-mannered children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Connections. Our community is ready to answer.