Community Counseling Center Employee Reviews

great place
Front desk/Receptionist - (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Miss working there. Left for some personal family reasons.Wish there was an opening again.Everyone is great and friendly really there to help.
Wonderful company who really cares about their customers
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 7, 2013
This place was my favorite job. The people I worked with were incredible. Benefits were great and the hours were amazing. One of the most incredible things about working for this company is you are introduced to an establishment who really does care about all departments and understands the challenges that are faced each day. It's very rare to find a job you love going to each day. I had had a set of twins and decided to be a stay at home mother, however if not for that, I would still be working for this company.
Friendly, fun workplace
CSUSB, Practicum Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 14, 2014
I saw up to 5 clients per day. I learned a lot about how to help others through psycho therapy. Management was the professors of the university. My co-workers were also my cohort in the Clinical Psychology Program. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye to my clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was being honored with the sharing my clients did with me.
too much stress no appreciation.
Intensive Level CPRC Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 7, 2013
The company show no appreciation for the workers, only pointing out the wrong they do. When wanting to transfer if a particular person does not want you to, will refuse the transfer. Tend to hide the wrong doing of a higher up and or pass blame on to a longer level employee. Work overtime without compensation, expected to work weekends, and sacrifice your family time for the job.
Interesting Experience
Residential Program Worker (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work consists on checking on the residents, counting their medications nightly, and assuring that they do not need any assistance overnight. Then supervising medication distribution in the morning.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Community Counseling Center is a fun and supportive place to work.
Supervisor Damon Maggiore, LMFT, Psy.D Candidate (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 26, 2014
Community Counseling Center is a great place to obtain experience in providing therapy to a variety of clients as well as obtain excellent supervision towards finishing hours for MFT or LCSW licensure.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
No pay
Good work done by good people.
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist/BHT (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZDecember 18, 2014
The work that is done here is exemplary. I love the work I do here. Unfortunately, due to non profit status, compensation is poor at best. People are great to work with and the company really cares about it's employees.
Great workplace teaches you how to be a leader
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Taunton MaJuly 13, 2014
teaches you how to be a leader and take it to the next level. Most of all how to help the. We would go to different summits and go to different schools to teach drug abuse. really made me a role model in my community.
Fun helping children in need of a healthy relatioship
Family Assistance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 10, 2014
Perfect second job for people that want to help children in need learn what a healthy relationship consist of.
Pros
Spending time getting to know the clients
Cons
Postions ended
Wonderful Learning Experience
Marriage and Family Therapist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 14, 2015
This is the best place to learn clinical skills and applications. Training was phenomenal, supervision superb, and the staff was beyond supportive.
Co-workers are an excellent to work with.
Intensive Level Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJuly 17, 2013
I enjoy my job working in the community, but I do not feel the salary meets my exceptations for the number of hours on call.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Healthcare, salary
lots of paperwork
Counties Assessor (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, MoFebruary 16, 2015
Seeing clients and helping them is the best part of this job. You get to work with other professionals, travel, and learn strategies for helping the mentally ill.
underpaid
Children's Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOJuly 12, 2012
Good management but little compensation for amount of work expected - often takes well over 40 hours to complete production and paperwork
Pros
good management
Cons
salary and hours
Great Place to Learn
MFT Trainee (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 3, 2012
This is learning facility for trainees enrolled in the CLU Graduate MFT program. The supervision is excellent and you learn from some of the brightest in the field.
Non profit with great hours and clients.
CPRC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MOJanuary 6, 2015
CCC has potential to be a great place to work if it were not for the micro management.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Administration is micro managed
The management team was terrible
Alcohol and Drug Case manager (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHApril 24, 2014
While I was employed at CCC I was unfortunately exposed to several members of management who were unreliable and unethical.
Very good
Team Leader/Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 4, 2012
I was hired byCommunity Counseling Center in April 2001 as a team leader/clinical case manager. At that time a masters degree was required. I started at $43,000. After 1 year, they reduced the qualifications to a Bachelors in Social Work, and after the next year hired no more master level clinicians which was disappointing. My salary stayed the same from April 2002 until I left in Dec of 2006. I did receive bonus's each year which amounted to what the bachelor level clinician's were given as a raise. It was very demanding job and the management was very demaning. Luckily I had a womderful supervisor. I spent much more than 40 hours a week, but did not mind as the vacation and sick time for very generous. I loved working for this company but I wanted to move on and become a school social worker so in Jan of 2006 I left to work as a school social worker. I still miss this job and would recommend it to anyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of dedicated clinician's and a wonderful supervisor.
Pros
good team, reasonable case load of 20 - 30 good supervision
Cons
no room for advancemenet
Really enjoy my job as a caseworker. Helping people to realize their potential and make their dreams a reality.
Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MOMarch 6, 2015
At my job at the Community Counseling Center, I work with those who have a mental health diagnosis. I work with people on their treatment plans. IE, working on a health goal, working on how to be more assertive, working on how to have better coping skills. Currently some of the work I am doing to advocate for my clients, is for one who has a conservator over his funds, due to his lack of knowledge of where and who was taking his money. This client and I have worked very closely together to get his 20,000 loans forgiven. This client and I have created a mock budget and will follow it for an extended amount of months. At the end of the six months, this client will be able to be in control of his finances again. I also work closely with two clients of mine who have MS, to gain awareness in our small town community of Perryville, MO. I am highly motivated and very passionate about social work. I enjoy helping others realize their potential and connecting them with resources or coping skills to make their dreams a reality.
The hardest part about my job is self-care. I have to remind myself to always make sure I have time for myself and that it does not all go to the job and my clients.
My co-workers and management work collaboratively together to inform each other on the latest mental health news, and new ways to work with clients that is the most effective for them.
I enjoy being able to see my clients progress in their treatment plans, and to give them back hope in their lives.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Counseling Center. Our community is ready to answer.