Community Counseling Center Employee Reviews

Case Worker
Community Support Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 9, 2017
A typical day consisted of balancing your own schedule, meeting production requirements, and completing required documentation with in a set time period. The paperwork and schedule can be overwhelming but there is a strong sense of team work.
Community Counseling Center, SLO
Clinical Counselor-Training (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 30, 2017
The Community Counseling Center is a productive, professional mental health facility. The staff are friendly, thoughtful, and helpful professionals. I would work at this facility again if I lived in that zip-code.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Very resourceful and educating
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed my experience as an intern at the Community Counseling Center. I typical day at work involved sitting in several clients sessions. I learned how to properly conduct notes for each session. The work place was very peaceful, everyone was friendly.
Not compensated for amount of work done
Community Support Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Caseworkers are expected to transport clients to all appointments, see clients for at least 1 hr each week, do three hours worth of paperwork a day, but don't get paid overtime if emergencies happen. Most caseworkers do paperwork off the clock to be able to get it in on time, so they don't get in trouble for it being late. Once you get a full caseload (~26-30 clients), most caseworkers don't get to take a lunch and don't get the two 15 minute breaks that we are promised either. Upper management is out of touch, and caseworkers are very underappreciated for everything that we do. Discharging a client that no longer wants services is like pulling teeth.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
No breaks/lunch most of the time, stressful, underappreciated, underpaid
good place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work , treatment plan and intervention driven. Services are person centered pertaining to the individual. Services provided are crisis intervention, suicide awareness and prevention, substance abuse services, residential services, as well as a lot of other services that are provided to assist the community
Pros
Mental Health
Cons
Work load
Good overall program for clients needing grant-funded care
Domestic Violence PRogram Dir. (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 4, 2017
When I was there, there was conflict between the CEO and managers. Shortly after I left, he was replaced. Program has a good body of work dating from the sixties. Some very dedicated workers who want to make a difference-good mission and goal structure.
Pros
can serve the underserved
Cons
small agency with a few good leaders
Typical Day of a Caseworker
Community Support Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 19, 2017
Goal is to spend 5 hours with clients per day on average and 3 hours a day on paper work and notes. In a perfect world this would work out just fine. Considering you time is depending on others that are on there own schedule, and paper work that often changes. Emergencies with clients etc. I often found myself clocking out at 5pm however working at home until 8pm or 10pm for free. The atmosphere is stress, the coworkers are great and understand, often making the day easier, supervisors also very supportive and understanding, the problem lies in upper management and policies that are unobtainable often leaving caseworkers in distress and burned out or let go within a year. The first year working for the company I noticed turn over was extremely high, high stress and occasional break downs in the office. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers, and some clients, the client's that would work towards their goals, seeing results for the clients very positive.
Pros
Co Workers Deleoping your own schedule
Cons
Policey and Paper work
Stressful envionment
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 29, 2017
Though the job is rewarding, you'll deal with feeling over worked, no mutual support and some burnout. It'll take time to complete your day in 8 hrs. The environment differs based off where you're working, but this company is big on making sure you stay within one position, there's no real encouragement to move up or move on.
Pros
A lot of employees took smoke breaks.
Cons
Long hours. Hanious emails after work hours
Work culture was the best.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2017
I learned every week about epigenetics, Jungian theory, Buddhism, PTSD, etc. The atmosphere was very engaged and learning focused. CCC gave me a comprehensive foundation to working with adults with any problem.
Pros
alternative approaches
Cons
pay
Part-time job
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAApril 18, 2017
This is a part-time job that did not offer benefits. It was a great way to start in the mental health field and get some experience. The schedule for work easily fit into my daily life.
Fun place to work, loved the PSR staff and clients.
Van Driver/Aid (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 12, 2017
Very fulfilling job if you like helping less fortunate people who severe from mental disabilities. My employment began as just a part time job to fill in the down time of my regular full time job. But after a short time it wasn't a job anymore, it became a blessing to be able to be in the life of the clients and make a difference for them.
The immediate supervisor and staff were great to work with, we were like family. The problem was micro managing by the upper management.
I was forced out after they abruptly ended my part time position, which happened right after my last annual review and raise.
Pros
Fulfilling for the passionate
Cons
No appreciation from upper management.
Not a bad place to work, but unorganized
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 9, 2017
Definitely not a bad place to work, depending on which department you're working under. If you work as a Residential Care Worker, you have your work cut out for you. The management is god awful. So don't expect any help from them. The care workers deserve to paid way more than they are.

If you get a custodial position, you'll be fine.
A good job
Community Support Caseworker/ RCW (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, MOMarch 17, 2017
Being a caseworker at Community Counseling Center was a great learning experience but I couldn't handle the caseworker position. It didn't fit my personality. The transition to residential care worker was kind of messy because they were just expanding so the training was a little unorganized. I would recommend this job because they are willing to work with you.
Pros
Very friendly environment
Cons
Training could have been a little more structured
Great Coworkers and Supervisors very Difficult Work
Community Support Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 15, 2017
Arrive at the office around 730 am to get caught up on paperwork. Meet clients starting at 830-900 teach clients life skills using provided materials. See Clients off and on until 4pm return to office work on paper work. Go home work on paper work until 7pm.
Pros
Great Coworkers and supervisors. Friendly work environment.
Cons
It is easy to get behind, Client do not always meet or cooperate.
Pharmacy Representative
CPST (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Great company, friendly staff, fun opportunities, very social, busy work days, tech heavy. Left due to feeling the company was going under, and they shortly did
great place
Front desk/Receptionist - (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2016
Miss working there. Left for some personal family reasons.Wish there was an opening again.Everyone is great and friendly really there to help.
lots of paperwork
Counties Assessor (Former Employee) –  Fredericktown, MoFebruary 16, 2015
Seeing clients and helping them is the best part of this job. You get to work with other professionals, travel, and learn strategies for helping the mentally ill.
Wonderful Learning Experience
Marriage and Family Therapist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 14, 2015
This is the best place to learn clinical skills and applications. Training was phenomenal, supervision superb, and the staff was beyond supportive.
Non profit with great hours and clients.
CPRC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MOJanuary 6, 2015
CCC has potential to be a great place to work if it were not for the micro management.
Pros
Clientele
Cons
Administration is micro managed
Good work done by good people.
Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist/BHT (Current Employee) –  Show Low, AZDecember 18, 2014
The work that is done here is exemplary. I love the work I do here. Unfortunately, due to non profit status, compensation is poor at best. People are great to work with and the company really cares about it's employees.