Community Counseling Centers of Chicago Employee Reviews

Very challenging case load
STAFF THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
Typical day would consist of handling several crisis for a challenging population. Have very good management from immediate supervisor but weak management at the top. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching clients integrate back into society.
Pros
independence
Cons
low wages
C-4 , a great experience
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
The company offers a wonderful opportunity to gain experience with many populations and with knowledgeable clinicians. It is well run for a community counseling center.
Productive and interesting job,
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy. It requires a lot of multi-tasking, patience, and understanding. I learned that it doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from, everyone needs a little help or someone to talk to. The management where I work is going through a lot of changes, but I believe they will get there. The workplace culture is very family oriented. The hardest part of the job is when we lose a client for whatever reason, it is very heartbreaking, because everyone there is truly like family. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients saying they have graduated and no longer have to come see us anymore.
Pros
Free vitals
Cons
Short breaks
Limited support
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
No to limited work balance, expectations are unrealistic with limited assistance and support from upper management. Only positive is helping the customer's and the progress they make.
An amazing company to have been a part of
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2017
I was the Pre-Admission Screening supervisor for Community Counseling Centre of Chicago. I was responsible for interviewing clients from State operated facilities and Nursing homes to determine their level of care.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, worked nights as well.
great place to learn
SASS Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
Good place to gain experience if new in the field. Provides flexible hours. Positive team environment. Supervisors have open communication. Opportunities for training and CEUs.
This company is a great place to work.
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2015
It a great company to work for because of the mission of the company and the compassion and commitment of the people who work there.
Unfriendly and unprofessional place to work
Transition Coordination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
My typical day at work is to visit 7 to 10 clients a day at their residences. I provide medication, help with any case management needs, help the nursing home residents to find independent apartment in the community.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no time for lunch
This was the first job out of college. I was the Regional system admin.
Senior System Analysis (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2015
This is was the first job out of college. I would travel in the midwest region and provide support for all the offices within that area. My home base was out of Oakbrook Terrance in Illinois. However after a year the mortgage sector has its hiccups.
Pros
Traveling.
Cons
Traveling.
was a great place
declined to say (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2015
Management destroyed a once great place to work. Missed the last three pay rolls. Sadly we are closing soon. This last year has been terrible

Want to know more about Community Counseling Centers of Chicago?

Ask a question
Great Agency
Addictions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2014
Wonderful staff and overall a great company. Due to budget issues positions were cut which was very unfortunate.
Supportive and enriching environment
Community Support Team Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, illMarch 1, 2014
C4 is a an agency that is dedicated to its' clients. Quality of service is valued over quantity. Staff are warm and supportive. It has been a great environment to learn and grow.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
poor compensation
Great place for growth in the profession of helping others
SASS Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2013
C4 has taught me the in and outs of the profession of helping and servicing others
Everyone treats each other like we are all one big family. Having my own office was great and it was nice to have our own lunch room too!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisNovember 7, 2012
My typical day at work was always productive with something new to learn everyday. The staff was supportive of one another by how each person acted as a team player. Whenever I needed help with something, there was always someone there to reach out a hand. The hardest part of the job was learning how to tell if my clients were really telling me the truth or if they were lying to cover up their shame. Many of my clients had been using/abusing drugs and or alcohol for many years of their life. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling so rewarded when a client overcame a barrier in their addictive lifestyle that helped them move forward towards their recovery.
The agency provide benefits that would help in your professional growth.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2012
This was an excellent place to work although the changing enviroment contributed to by new senior management caused a stressful eviroment.
Pros
great benefits and work hours, flexible.
Cons
needed to listen more to the concerns of staff.