Community Counseling and Mediation Employee Reviews in United States

Na
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2016
Its been up and running for a while. The CEO is rude and mean. I don't recommend anyone to work there unless it is for a little but of time.
Pros
Cons
staff is very chatty, gossip all day, workers underpaid
Nice work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2016
Nice work environment. Organization does great work and has flexible hours. Location has later hours and Saturday appointments.
Testing.
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2016
Interesting place to work. Lacks organization in different departments. Great job culture with many co-workers understanding each other's issues.
Great for flexibility, terrible for compensation and growth
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2016
I worked here for two years. If you are a recent graduate and need to gain clinical hours and experience to get licensed in the mental health field, a job with CCM can provide you with the hours and supervision that you need. If you are looking for those things AND to grow within the company...look elsewhere. The rate of pay that you agree to upon accepting a job offer will be the same, regardless if you obtain licensure, or stay for 10+ years. There are NO raises, time or merit based. The vacation time is good, and the flexibility is nice especially if you have other obligations, but don't expect to see a dime added to your salary.
Pros
Vacation time, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor compensation, no raises, no room for growth, hostile work environment
Great for college kids looking to gain some money and experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2016
CCM offers a lot of experience with dealing with mental health patients, the foster care system, insurances and dealing with the in's and out's of non-profits. However, there is no room for growth, hourly positions are not offered health benefits and those that do, the health insurance is not a great one. This job is most valuable to those beginning in the human services field for the invaluable experience you gain in the field.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No room for growth
Family oriented work place
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2015
This was my first social service job,it was challenging,but i learnt so much.I apprecate my supervisor to this day.I enjoyed working here.
The hardest part of my job was working with the teens in the program
The most enjoyable was seeing a child return home or being adopted.
I learnt so much working here,my skills that i have to this day are rooted here,i have only developed and perfected them.
A typical day is lengthy,not a 9-5. Co-workers were supportive .
Pros
family oriented culture
Cons
management was not always supportive, high turn over rate
Awesome QA Department
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2015
I worked as an intern in the Quality Assurance Department where it was a lot for fun and very informative. Opened my eye to the foster care aspect to our city and picked up quite a few skills along the three months of my internship.
Pros
Very Informative
Cons
Didn't cover my commute
very productive place with positive people/
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2015
a typical day at CCM was laid back. it was positive people working there. i learned to be on time. the place was very clean and respectful. my coworkers was cool. there was no hard part about my job. i sat at a desk answering phones. i enjoyed my place of work because i loved my job.
small office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
the staff where nice and working there was a pleasure. I did my office duties and normally got off early.
Best place to work with for kids
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
This place was a great place to work with because myself I love to work with children and teaching them the basics of reaching higher placer and learning new things because young children are like sponges and they obsevers each and everything that you do or what they see around them..my co workers were cool a typical day was awesome went to field trips and got to know each child personal.
Great Staff
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2014
Typical day at work was busy but interaction with others made the work day better.
really good establishment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 30, 2014
this company was a really good internship program really engaging its a really good program
good training
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2014
offers a lot of training to enhance knowledge of social work
Pros
training
Cons
no promotions
Worked with teenagers
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2014
I just went through seminars with the teens. And also produced surveys on sex health, and handed them out in the communities.
Still one of the best places I've ever worked
AmeriCorps Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Great place to work all around - the people, the workload, and even the community. If I had the opportunity to go back if a job opened there, I would.
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NySeptember 12, 2013
highly stressful work place, unorganized. Its basically a typical day at work job. I learn a lot from the co-worker they all pull their own weight.
Pros
great staffs
Cons
management
productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/Intake specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2013
Assisted counselors with clients by addressing various needs; mental health, substance abuse, recidivism and etc. Responsible for making appropriate referrals, application completion with post-release/discharge planning. Fling, faxing and answering multi phone lines
productive and educational
Receptionist/clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2013
great environment to work. I improved on my ability to connect with co workers children and their parents.I gain experience in administrative work.I enjoyed working in an environment where i can inspire the campers and also left being inspired
Great and productive
Psychotherapist, Internship/Practicum (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2013
wonderful clinic with a great staff and ability to learn all aspects of the mental health field
Pros
wonderful
Cons
na
This is one of the worst jobs I have ever had
LMSW (Former Employee) –  BK, NYFebruary 22, 2013
At CCM, the majority of people, fellow workers, were not respected by the supervisory staff.

The supervision was not provided consistently.

Many times LMSWs received no support at all pertaining to clients', or their own, needs.

Also when I was hired, stipulation was 'no work with children' and that is the primary population that was assigned to me. when it was questioned, I was told to 'take it or leave'.

Also, I was not paid for 2 months work because I submitted the time sheet a day late ( even though that was due to a blizzard).

I am not sure where or when the people that posted positive reviews worked but they certainly did not work at the same time or place I did. No one I worked with stayed there long-term and there was nothing but unhappiness of the staff.

If you are thinking about working there, beware.
Cons
no respect, overwork, no supervision

2.9