Community Counseling and Mediation Employee Reviews

Analyst for social workers Q and A
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2017
In the quality care and assistance department I read over case files and checked all cases that the organization handled with a three person team. I learned how a private social care organization operated from an analyst point of view who never left the office. Management was great as far as the CEO goes how ever my manager was one who was driven by hard choices and downsizing. The work place was uninviting i do not know how the workers tolerated it other then the fact that they were passionate about care for there individuals. Hardest part of the job was the document I was reading on a daily bases they described very disturbing situations and ongoing problems that children and families were having. The enjoyable part of the job was learning about social workers i had only very little knowledge on this career. (I signed a do not disclose document and cannot go into much detail.).
Pros
Learned new thing about social work with families.
Cons
Manager was downsized let me go and fired his assistant.
Busy but a lot of great people to work with here.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2016
Most days here are overwhelming due to the high volume of clients that come and phone calls that are received daily. There is a lot of fun and great people to work with here, as well a great support team.
Pros
dress code is casual
Cons
short breaks
not a good place to work.
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2016
The best thing there is the clients and therapist, some staff members. No benefits, no vacation or sick days. no advancement, promotion. Once your hired at a salary, that's your salary for life. No supervision what so ever. Very Unorganized. Not safe. My self and others where attacked a few times by clients and nothing was done. No security at all. Your job is never safe here.
Pros
no pros
Na
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2016
Its been up and running for a while. The CEO is rude and mean. I don't recommend anyone to work there unless it is for a little but of time.
Pros
Cons
staff is very chatty, gossip all day, workers underpaid
Nice work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2016
Nice work environment. Organization does great work and has flexible hours. Location has later hours and Saturday appointments.
Testing.
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2016
Interesting place to work. Lacks organization in different departments. Great job culture with many co-workers understanding each other's issues.
Great for flexibility, terrible for compensation and growth
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2016
I worked here for two years. If you are a recent graduate and need to gain clinical hours and experience to get licensed in the mental health field, a job with CCM can provide you with the hours and supervision that you need. If you are looking for those things AND to grow within the company...look elsewhere. The rate of pay that you agree to upon accepting a job offer will be the same, regardless if you obtain licensure, or stay for 10+ years. There are NO raises, time or merit based. The vacation time is good, and the flexibility is nice especially if you have other obligations, but don't expect to see a dime added to your salary.
Pros
Vacation time, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor compensation, no raises, no room for growth, hostile work environment
Great for college kids looking to gain some money and experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2016
CCM offers a lot of experience with dealing with mental health patients, the foster care system, insurances and dealing with the in's and out's of non-profits. However, there is no room for growth, hourly positions are not offered health benefits and those that do, the health insurance is not a great one. This job is most valuable to those beginning in the human services field for the invaluable experience you gain in the field.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No room for growth
Family oriented work place
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2015
This was my first social service job,it was challenging,but i learnt so much.I apprecate my supervisor to this day.I enjoyed working here.
The hardest part of my job was working with the teens in the program
The most enjoyable was seeing a child return home or being adopted.
I learnt so much working here,my skills that i have to this day are rooted here,i have only developed and perfected them.
A typical day is lengthy,not a 9-5. Co-workers were supportive .
Pros
family oriented culture
Cons
management was not always supportive, high turn over rate
Awesome QA Department
Quality Assurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2015
I worked as an intern in the Quality Assurance Department where it was a lot for fun and very informative. Opened my eye to the foster care aspect to our city and picked up quite a few skills along the three months of my internship.
Pros
Very Informative
Cons
Didn't cover my commute
very productive place with positive people/
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2015
a typical day at CCM was laid back. it was positive people working there. i learned to be on time. the place was very clean and respectful. my coworkers was cool. there was no hard part about my job. i sat at a desk answering phones. i enjoyed my place of work because i loved my job.
small office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2015
the staff where nice and working there was a pleasure. I did my office duties and normally got off early.
Best place to work with for kids
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
This place was a great place to work with because myself I love to work with children and teaching them the basics of reaching higher placer and learning new things because young children are like sponges and they obsevers each and everything that you do or what they see around them..my co workers were cool a typical day was awesome went to field trips and got to know each child personal.
Great Staff
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2014
Typical day at work was busy but interaction with others made the work day better.
really good establishment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 30, 2014
this company was a really good internship program really engaging its a really good program
good training
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2014
offers a lot of training to enhance knowledge of social work
Pros
Training
Cons
No promotions
Worked with teenagers
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2014
I just went through seminars with the teens. And also produced surveys on sex health, and handed them out in the communities.
Still one of the best places I've ever worked
AmeriCorps Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Great place to work all around - the people, the workload, and even the community. If I had the opportunity to go back if a job opened there, I would.
An okay place to work.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 18, 2013
An okay place to work. I was an intern for the summer so I really don't much about this place.
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NySeptember 12, 2013
highly stressful work place, unorganized. Its basically a typical day at work job. I learn a lot from the co-worker they all pull their own weight.
Pros
great staffs