COMMUNITY COUNSELING OF BRISTOL COUNTY

COMMUNITY COUNSELING OF BRISTOL COUNTY Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable work environment.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 7, 2015
Fun work place for the most part with a supportive team and management. It has taught me a lot about myself and working with Mental Illness population as well as dual diagnosis. Every day is different, and some days can become quite chaotic but we get through it by working together as a team.
Pros
My schedule is flexible
Cons
Growth in the company is seldom.
awful place to work for
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 14, 2015
A typical day at work is usually overflowing with diverse tasks that you will perform for the benefit of your clients (no, you won't have time for lunch and no, you won't even have time for bathroom breaks). These tasks are of urgent nature and of utmost importance for your clients; however, seldom, if ever, you will have a clue as to what you are doing or even if you are doing the right thing for your clients. There is very little guidance and you will basically be thrown into an overwhelming caseload with no idea of how to begin helping the people that will need, and ask, so much of you. The best source of peace of mind and information will be your coworkers who, although at times catty and 'clicky', are in the front lines with you and will offer their help in any way they can, the collaborating cohort of people in the office will often share information of resources and how to's when it comes to navigating the system. Don't bother with management, they are basically there to point out how you can be doing so much more and to give you grief about the EXTENSIVE amount of paperwork that more often than not, you will be taking home to finish on time. If there is ANYTHING else you can do instead of this, do it.
benefits?
Cons
not the job you think it is
Rapidly growing agency with many options for advancement
Lead Clinician (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 22, 2015
The agency began to grow rapidly when i was employed with them. I learned about starting new programs and how to roll out a new contract. The most difficult part of the job was managing an enormous amount of paperwork due to new regulations and required updates. I most enjoyed working with clients who were persistently mentally ill adults. I learned a lot from this agency who provides most of the Taunton area's mental health services.
Good first job
Clinical Therapist, Children and Family Program (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 20, 2015
This community agency is a good first job to gain a lot of experience with a variety of clients. The school based program was the best in the area.
Great for intro level position, learned a lot of valuable skills
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Great position to start entry level. At times high caseload but coworkers are the saving grace to keep your sanity.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
high caseload
Great Place to Work
CLINICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 22, 2014
Good people, good hours, hardest part is productivity, easiest part is the job itself, and the people you work with. Not getting to choose the population you work (i.e. Children, families, couples, etc.) with is also challenging.
Pros
co-workers and clients
Cons
productivity, population choices
Awful agency to work for. Steer clear.
Community Support Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMay 16, 2014
If you like being under paid, not adequately trained, overworked, and consistently beat down by your boss: make sure you apply for the community support program. Management is awful and encourages you to do things that will be ethically questionable and borderline fraudulent. Caseloads are not well balanced and supervision for difficult cases is almost as unheard of. In fact, good luck getting a hold of your supervisor if you are in a crisis situation with a client. You won't be able to and no matter what decision you make, you will be wrong and disciplined for it. Advancement in this agency and raises are based on favoritism and not who is best fitted for a position. Management is very into gossip and highly catty and will air your private information with other staff. (Every staff person who left, was cut to shreds by management to other staff regardless of their job performance.) Management has little to no direction and is regularly undermining each other. And if you question anything, like why you haven't received a mileage reimbursement in months, you will be met with a retort on how you should budget better even though your job requires 75-90% travel all throughout Bristol and Plymouth county. Hard work is not appreciated there and you are considered replaceable within seconds and that attitude is felt among the staff. During my time there they did not live up to their "reputation" in the community and knowing what I do now, I would never recommend them to anyone for employment or services.
Pros
they will hire you quick and they hire anyone with a degree.
Cons
frequent lack of breaks, low pay, little room for advancement, catty management, high caseloads, under appreciation, high turnover with staff, unreliable reimbursements
Great company, can be stressfull work
Team Leader- Community Based Flexible Support (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 5, 2014
This is a great company to work for, they train very well and management is very caring and attentive of their staffs needs. I always appreciated my upper management and I welcomed my staff at any time. I only left because of medical otherwise I would probably still be there!
Pros
good management, good learning experience
Cons
can be stressful, sometimes a lot of driving
decent benefits, true to the mission statement
community based counseler (Former Employee) –  taunton, maApril 22, 2014
Staff are not always qualified for positions they are hired for and interpersonal conflicts can be frustrating, training is poor due to not enough supervision and upper management support, with the growth of the mental health field they need to run a tighter ship
Benefits are decent once you meet the yearly deductible, mileage reimbursement is good, interesting but tough cases
Pros
decent benefits, true to mission statement
Cons
interpersonal conflict amongst staff, no room for growth, not enough staff for the ever growing field
Great first job out of grad school
Intensive In Home Clinician (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 22, 2013
CCBC is a great place for when you first get out of graduate school. However, it has its limits and after a few years you will outgrow the position as you gain experience in the field.
Pros
great benefits, competitive salary for community mental health
Cons
limited advancement
Agency grew to fast, failed to train their therapist
Senior Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 6, 2013
I left an agency I had been with for nine years due to being
offered growth in the area of School Based Counseling. In 1987
while working in Springfield, Ma. I developed the school partnership
which brought Master Level Clinicians into the schools to assist
the overwhelmed Guidance Counselor. I enjoyed working with
Kindergarten. Developed a K Program included placing all
Kindergarten students under one roof. Pre-K was to allow the child to begin the process of developing social skills lots of exercise,
good nutrition, parental involvement, encouraged to come to school
and partake with their child. Next was K here we begin the process
of use of language as an expression of emotions. Children would be
placed in two groups to allow them to develop at their own pace.
Finally K-1 by this time 99% of all K children will be prepared for
first grade. How many times I heard by First Grade Teacher "They
don't know their numbers,letters,colors etc. The reality is simple
if we prepare our students correctly by building the foundation first
before shipping them into a state of confusion.
Fast-paced combination of office work and field based case management
Community Support Program Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at work consists of outreaching clients via phone and in the community. arranging and transporting clients to important medical and legal appointments. Connecting clients to important community resources which would be beneficial to them, including state and federal benefits is a regular part of any case load.
The most enjoyable part of the job is a light-hearted office environment coworkers provide for each other is a great balance to the heavy, serious case loads we carry.
Supported team effort to help improve quaily of life for our clients!
Medical Record Coordinator/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 16, 2013
Wonderful work environment. Worked as part of a dedicated and hard working team to help better the everyday live of our clients! Structured group therapy and individual and medication management helped our clients lead a mentally healthy life along with a physically healthy lifestyle.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not very competitive pay scale
CCBC is overall a good agency
Program Directo (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 15, 2013
CCBC is overall a very good agency committed to quality care for clients. However they did not have the infrastructure to support their recent growth. Their were problems with HR, Supervision, Policy and Procedures,
Pros
belief in their mission statement and committment to quality of care
Cons
did not have the upper level infrastructure to support recent growth
Good Place to Work
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MADecember 8, 2012
My job consists of going to many different school in a few different towns for school based therapy with my clients. I also go to the office later in the after noon to see clients at the clinic. Some of my schedule includes home visits for family therapy. My job is rewarding in that I am helping children and their families. This job involves alot of paperwork.
Pros
i can make my own schedule. i really like my supervisors
Cons
working many late nights to fit in all my clients.
Good Company
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 28, 2012
This is a good company but rarely offers "fair" advancement.
great agency, comfortable work environment, supportive co-workers and supervisors
In Home Therapy, school based counselor (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 8, 2012
It is not what it appears to be.
Director of Dr Robert Smith Program (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 11, 2012
This organization is capriciously managed so much so, that it does a disservice to it clients it is suppose to serve, and doesn't.
Pros
some nice people work there.
Cons
see above comment.
Very positive, supportive environment
In Home Therapy Clinician (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 6, 2012
CCBC is a very positive and supportive environment in which to learn and grown. They value work-life balance and self care, recognizing that without it we are no good to our clients.
Pros
mileage reimbursement, work cell phones, flexible hours, great supervision
Cons
evening hours, stressful cases