Community Development Institute Head Start Employee Reviews

It was fun and i loved working there.
Assistant Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Peach Springs, AZ 86434October 3, 2017
I got to make kids enjoy Head Start and help them learn more of what they can do. They had so much fun and so did I when i was working there. I treated them like they were family and we bonded everyday I got to learn about them and what they like to do. I watched them grow and head off to Kindergarten.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Cons
the boss had her favorites and took sides.
Interesting and fun
Sub. Asst. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed by time here. There was tons of structure, organization, and great management.The pay was fair, considering that I had little experience and no early childhood education. I would definently go back if I could.
Pros
The children and co-workers
Cons
Not enough time to do paperwork on the job.
Classroom Setting
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAAugust 26, 2017
The cl;assroom setting is good we work together and I enjoyed teaching the children. I love to interact with the teachers and the children and help them and get them ready for the next level of learning.
Pros
Outside
Cons
short breaks
Love working there
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALAugust 9, 2017
CDI was a good place to work. I wish that they were still there. At CDI I work there as a teacher assistance first than I move up to a teacher. The pay were good. I were for holidays and summer.
Pros
Wish they were still here
Cons
I wish we got paid year around
Good pay
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with for this company. Had a good 2 years working for this agency. How I wish this agency still exist. More pay than most Head Start programs.
Working with Kids
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAApril 21, 2017
Headstart was a great part time job for me because it worked out great with my schedule. I also got the summer off. I was able to pick a schedule that worked with mine each week.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on call
Excelente empresa donde se respeta y valora al empleado.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canóvanas Municipio, PRApril 5, 2017
Trabajo en equipo, confidencialidad, ambiente libre de drogas, personal responsable y comprometido. Buenas relaciones interpersonales con el equipo de trabajo y las familias que visitaban el lugar. Sensibilidad, seguro medico, respeto, liderazgo y confianza en la personas y adiestramientos continuos
Pros
Buen sueldo y buena aportación al seguro medico
Cons
Es una agencia transitoria
Copromiso y dedicación
Maestra (Former Employee) –  Canovanas, PRSeptember 17, 2016
Horario de 7:30am a 4:00pm, trabajé directamente con niños de 2.8 a 5 años de edad realizando observaciones semanales y evaluaciones de progreso en un ambiente de trabajo en equipo con el fin de ayudar a los niños en su desarrollo temprano.
Pros
Vacaciones, plan medico
working was good ,but not good communication time
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 24, 2016
it was okay,it was a job they could have communicated a little better before they closed my job site down.they could had handle the situation of closing down centers better but they didnot.
Excellent company with advancement opportunities
Center Director / Head Start teacher supervisor (Former Employee) –  Levy, Gilchrist, Dixie CountiesJuly 24, 2016
Great benefits, advancement opportunities, paid holidays. Travel paid while traveling within the three counties.
This company is a temp company that steps in to manage a program (like the Head Start program) when a new grantee is needed.
Pros
Paid holidays, good support system
Cons
only a temp grantee holder for program
Center Supervisor for Early Head Start Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2016
This company really enhanced my knowledge in working with children. It allowed me the opportunity to grow and learn all the duties of every aspects of a Head Start program.
Loved the staff that worked there, great team
Site Secretary/PROMIS Tech (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 22, 2015
Loved the Head Start Program overall, upper management didn't handle staff and future of their staff. This was an "interim" company and they didn't inform the staff of what was going on with the company
Pros
Staff Team
Cons
Upper management
Productive yet challenging work environment that provided professional growth
Nutrition Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, Col.September 21, 2015
CDI work assignment created a very fast paced and demanding work environment. The work was rewarding and supported professional growth. It was a good experience.
Pros
Specific assignments, great leadership, supportive.
Life as a Teacher Assistant.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILJuly 27, 2015
Working as a teaching team with the lead teacher in developing activities, lesson plans, and observation for preschool head start children. I assistance the teacher in carrying out the goals, policies, and activities designed to implement educational objective.
Pros
Getting to teach.
Cons
Better dental plan.
The work days were pleasant.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 12, 2014
I worked with disabled children with helping them cope in a regular classroom setting.
Pros
The job had a friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Health Care was expensive for a family.
Office setting
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioJune 23, 2014
As the HR Manager, a typical day is filled with a lot of projects that need to be completed in a short period of time. I love the fast pace and really enjoy showing off my skills in getting the job done. Even though we have a small HR staff, I love that fact that I'm always working as an generalist because it keeps me sharp in all the areas of human resources. One of the biggest things I learned in this position is that I can handle any thing that comes my way and meet any deadline regardless of unforeseen things that come up at the last minute. I loved the staff at CDI and made some new friends. The hardest part of my job was working without the necessary tools to do the job well. I learned to work smart and not hard. Working hard is good but working smart is better because you can get a lot more done and in less time. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of the management and staff needs. I know I've made a lot of positive changes in our staff's lives and careers. Helping people gives me great satisfaction.
Workplace for children
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FloridaMay 21, 2014
I have learned many things that's important for the children.
Great Pay
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2014
One of the best paying employers and lots of trainings though the management was not hands on in that they didn't know what was going on on the entry level arena.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
head start unorganized
It was a meetings based environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2014
A typical day would be traveling from center to center solving the various networking issues. I learned more about servers and internet based phones. Management held a lot of meetings about day to day operations. The teachers at the centers were excellent and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job balancing work required and the meetings I had to attend. The most enjoyable part of the job was repairing the systems the children worked with and seeing how happy they were to be able to use it again.
Pros
My knowledge expanded
Cons
Very expensive insurance
non-Profit Organizaton that places importance on the develpment of 3-5 year children
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 30, 2014
shipping and receiving materials and merchandise to be recorded and stock as well as delivered to faculty and staff