Community Education Centers Employee Reviews

Unprofessional management
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 2, 2016
Management is unprofessional and downright ghetto. Preferential treatment is shown to certain staff (by management). High work load, little time allotted. Would NOT recommend as a career job.
Pros
Union Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional management, preferential treatment, poor behaviors and attitudes
Interesting ever changing environment
Regional Healthcare Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  South West RegionJuly 13, 2016
No two days are the same. Management experience has been invaluable. Medical staff is hard working and committed. Lot of traveling which I enjoy for the most part. Supportive team.
Pros
Always opportunity for learning
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company, education not utilized to its fullest.
Operations Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2016
Its the reason I'd like to move on. Management is not good, the facility itself is kept poorly. There is no structure there, or order and no rules are enforced. People and Residents get away with everything.
Pros
working 3rd shift, out of the way of drama
Cons
no discipline for residents or workers
excellent experience working with corrections and customers
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJune 29, 2016
being a district manager running all parts of the kitchen from front of the house to back of the house. working directly with my staff and inmates, teaching both staff and inmates on working with food, chemicals, and learning all aspect of the kitchen.
Starter and not a finisher
Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 13, 2016
This is a nice job if you are out of the school or changing careers. This place is great as a first job for transition but for longevity do not stay. Typically it is alot of paperwork, observation and politics. The hardest part of the job is learning not to get sucked into the culture of this place. The most important enjoyable part of the job is that you are helping others.
Pros
Great transitional place to new career
Cons
Alot of work for not alot of benefits
Poor management, politics override professionalism
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madras, ORJuly 19, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone due to the lack of trainings provided, lack of contact with the actual employer and poor staff team work
Pros
Decent pay decent hours
Cons
No breaks unprofessional and uneducated staff
Not a fun workplace, low moral
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 22, 2016
I completedabout 5 to 7 intakes a day, close outs 3-5 daily.
5 sessions a day with clients. I have a case load of 37 males. I rund groups 2 x aweek and lectures 2 x a month. Management constantlty changes. when I started alomst 9 years ago it was very good. I have some really good team players for coworkers. Hardest part is getting the timeline of paper work done due to the over turn daily. The enjoyable part of the job is making a differance in someone else life. seeing the sucess stiries that come out of here.
Pros
5 weeks a year vaction paid time
Cons
low pay, over worked and short staffed, no pensition plan
its ok
Swing Shift Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2016
Learn new things everyday is a task no hard parts about the job just growth learn patience and focus on goals with the company and life terms respect coworker and management and it will be a day in day out thing
Just a Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 20, 2016
Generally low wages paid to employees for highly stressful working conditions. High rate of turn over. Staff to Client ratio is low.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, No Holidays, Supervisors have a lesser benefits package then line staff
No Supervision
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19124July 18, 2016
The "chain of command" in this facility was outrageous. They do not care for the Residents that live inside these walls, and they treat them as trash.
Productive and great place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 21, 2016
Overall 4 stars. Great culture to work in and excellent GREEN facilities. Friendly environment and excellent opportunities within the firm.
Learning and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJJanuary 26, 2016
Working for Community Education Centers is a learning experience. I learned how to work with a diverse staff and with residents (state inmates) positively. The facilities are a work in progress. The culture could use improvement. Upper management needs to be more aware of staff needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the success stories of residents that are able to make it in society. The hardest part of the job is expressing yourself to management when they are not open to change.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks and high insurance rates
Libertyhall
Operation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 8, 2016
This company is part of CEC witch is what CMRC in part of they provided the same experience and optometry as CMRC did in the first review.
ok
Operation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
Keeping count of the residents and keeping the facility secure , safe and clean. Check all visitors that enter the facility
Private For Profit Jail Management Company
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 23, 2016
A Private For Profit company that ran the Day to Day Operations of the Parker County Jail. Administration under CEC was great. Wardens, and Assistant Warden listened to their staff, and helped out when needed.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
1-3 15 minute breaks; short staffed always; poor management
great working at CEC
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 28, 2015
Working at CEC is great, the staff is very friendly and the population we serve are very in need of the nursing care. Management is very understanding. The hardest part of the job I would say would be the amount of orders we have to deal with on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily contact with the residents.
Enjoyed the population I worked with and the co-workers
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
I am a very dedicated employee and very much enjoyed the work that I was doing. The company was going through a lot of changes and decided to go a different direction in the facility I was working so I was laid off. I did enjoy working for CEC.
Pros
The job itself and co-workers
Cons
Laid-Off
Long hours, but fruitful.
Transport Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brackettville, TXApril 16, 2016
Staff was always great. Easy to work with. Hostile environment with the inmates we had to look after. Very dangerous job.
Great place to work in and great experenice
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2015
Every day was a new day never knew if it would be calm or hectic. I've Learned how to manage different types of customers. management was a great support. My co-works were great to work with and had a strong understanding. Hardest part would be dealing with upset customers and not being able to help their situation, the enjoyable part was to help customers change their lives and get back to their familys.;
Good benifits
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Southern IllinoisSeptember 27, 2015
Good company that needs a little work in the environment that we are contracted in to, Company helps pay for a CADC license. Director of the program at for this vender is very helpful and provides a good work environment. The company is contracted into a juvenile prison and does not have any juvenile facilities in this region other than at one facility.
Pros
Great benifits and days off
Cons
not following union contract and schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Education Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7