Community First Credit Union Employee Reviews

Love Where You Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2017
I've been working for Community First for 20 years. I was hired as a teller and worked up to Branch Manager. C1 is a great company to work for and the benefits are excellent. I love working with my members and helping them through life situations. The company believes in hiring internal when positions come open which gives other employees opportunity to advance in their career.
Catty girls
Teller (Former Employee) –  New London wiJune 8, 2017
If you want to work for a place that talks about every employer behind there back then work here. Even the manager chimes right in. Wasn't a good experience for me
Not a bank
Lead Teller II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2017
Promotes growth within and allows you to pursue your ambitions through varied positions.

Referrals are much simpler to achieve and much more meaningful.
Now known as Magnify Credit Union
Loan Officer/Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I learned Consumer Lending while employed with Community First Credit Union. Management was incredible. Loved the members.
High performance culture, with highly engaged and motivated staff
Collections Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2016
When I arrive at work, I arrive early each day so that I can review delinquency report, roll rate, etc. I use the information I review to ensure that I direct my team to work the appropriate product(i.e Credit Cards, Mortgages, or Auto loans). I also provide direction on what level of delinquency should receive priority. Ten minutes before my staff arrives I go out on the floor so that I can meet and greet them as they arrive to work. I go the collections system and review 60+ loans providing direction to whoever is assigned to the queue. I have a 10am meeting with the supervisor to give direction for the day and reiterate the focus. I meet with asset recovery specialist and give approval to assign repossessions as needed. Approve departmental expenses in expense reporting system. Remote monitor collection calls.

There is nothing hard about my job. My greatest challenge is getting my Sr. Executive to see the benefit in establishing a bonus plan for employees in the collections department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my employees. I enjoy seeing their growth and development.
Pros
Good working environment, company rated as one of the best places to work in jacksonville, high retention rate for employees, high employee satisfaction
Cons
Currently no bonus structure for the collectors
Financial Institution
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 16, 2016
Learned a lot! Credit union has been around for a very very long time. good people work at Community First. A typical day was ok.
Community First Credit Union review
Teller (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 21, 2015
The Community First Credit Union is a great place to work, where the management is good and the coworkers are friendly. I was able to learn good customer service, and how to use and maintain a cash drawer.
Awesome Culture
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WIJanuary 29, 2015
Very fast atmosphere and handle lots of customer service issues and lots of loan volume. Job Culture is like no other, very fun and upbeat. Everyone is like family there, very friendly coworkers. Lots of opportunity to volunteer in the community with your coworkers.
Pros
People have worked there for many many years
Cons
Pay and advancement
Its very productive, huge on social responsibility,promotes financial literacy and a very good atmosphere and ethical workplace
Marketing intern (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin,USAAugust 1, 2012
Call/source suppliers to order promotional items,review surveys inorder to respond to customer complaints,have a weekly meeting about our reality check programme. Usually visit our branches in Highschools and tertiaries to do competitions,prizes and most importantly promote our bank and encourage teenagers to budget,save,open accounts,etc.

Co-workers were great and very cooperative,I learned alot from them.Hardest part was setting up annual meeting with all our clientele. I loved going out there to promote and represent our branch,and educating the youth.
Pros
international experience
Cons
foreign country, culture, etc