Community First Credit Union

Community First Credit Union United States Employee Reviews

changing environment
teller supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: co-workers are friendly and helpful
Cons: saturday hours
Community First is not the same Community First of years past. If the turnover rate or abundance of available jobs doesn't tell you, I don't know what will. Community First motto was once helping the members with their best interest at heart, but as of late its become helping the execs line their pockets. The sales goals are unrealistic and if you don't reach them prepare to get coached up or coached out. Saturday's are horrible, the hours are til 5, but with no branch staff you often find yourself waiting for assistance in excess of 30 minutes or more. How's that for convenience? Most of the execs are a joke, they have no personality or act under the premise that you owe them something. Don't be mistaken generally the department or branch you work is great, but when orders come from up top be prepared to pack up, or either be so scared to do anything that you quit. The members are pretty great but at the end of the day, its just not worth it.
Awesome Culture
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), WIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: people have worked there for many many years
Cons: pay and advancement
Very fast atmosphere and handle lots of customer service issues and lots of loan volume. Job Culture is like no other, very fun and upbeat. Everyone is like family there, very friendly coworkers. Lots of opportunity to volunteer in the community with your coworkers.
Need a new HR dept. not one person running the dept.
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2015
after working over 10 years with this company, it needs a better team of managers at the top. //
WORKING at this company you need to know some one are be in the game to have job security.
Good Work Place
Lead Teller II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2013
Lots of internal growth and voted best company in Jacksonville twice in the past 3 years.

Promotes individual success and the freedom to achieve your goals.
Productive.
Collections Representative II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2013
Pros: recognition on a quarterly basis and weekly contest.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at work, was to come in log on to 5 different systems. Collect Anywhere, Fidelity, Evolve, Symitar and access your queue in which I collected on 1st and 2nd mortgages and unsecured loans. Made 200 calls and worked 100 to 150 accounts per day. This was the range to meet or obtain goals for that portfolio. Made best possible arrangement to cure the mortgages and assisted members for loan modifications, extensions, short sales or deed in lieu. Daily processing of payments and resolutions to each account to assist members to continue to on keeping their homes. Great group of co workers.
Branch Manager
Branch Manager IV (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2013
Typical duties included managing the branch functions including budgeting, training, customer service and lending.
Great work experience
HR and Training Administrator to HR Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Great work experience was the best place to work. Enjoyed the experience.
Enjoyed this job
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: unable to transfer to another city
I really enjoyed working here because I was able to educate customers on banking, credit and loans.
Productive and i had close relationship with co-workers
Six Week Internship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: parties
Cons: n/a
I arrived at 9:00a.m, When i got there i had to look at Bloomberg and report the stocks to my Supervisor. I learned how to scanned Papers, worked with Microsoft Excel. I was working in the Business Department as a Property Appraiser. My co-workers treated me so much respect and i built a close relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was creating spreadsheets but i got use to doing them so now I'm very good at doing them. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the scanning machine.
Its very productive, huge on social responsibility,promotes financial literacy and a very good atmosphere and ethical workplace
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Wisconsin,USAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: international experience
Cons: foreign country, culture, etc
Call/source suppliers to order promotional items,review surveys inorder to respond to customer complaints,have a weekly meeting about our reality check programme. Usually visit our branches in Highschools and tertiaries to do competitions,prizes and most importantly promote our bank and encourage teenagers to budget,save,open accounts,etc.

Co-workers were great and very cooperative,I learned alot from them.Hardest part was setting up annual meeting with all our clientele. I loved going out there to promote and represent our branch,and educating the youth.
great benefits
Records Rep. II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2012
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed the scanning and indexing. My fellow co-workers are very friendly.
A growing credit union within northeast Florida.
Teller (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2012
Great managers and happy coworkers. Limited opportunity for advancement due to the small size of the company.