Community First Solutions Employee Reviews

Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Butler County, OHSeptember 28, 2017
I currently work for CFS and don't intend on leaving any time soon. It's a good company to work for with a lot of people who care about providing great client/patient care. I have seen proactive initiatives to improve morale and communication from the top down. Overall, I have felt valued as an employee and that's not always the case with an organization of this size.
Pros
fair pay and flexible hours
Worst company I've ever worked for.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Disorganized, very clicky on nights, not welcoming to new staff. Short staffed always. Nurses are assigned patients but push the work off on STNAS using their LPN title. Terrible place to work very stressful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Nurses treat STNAs terrible it's a class system.
Community first LPN
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Direct management is trying hard to make changes, upper management is declining fast. Way too understaffed and under appreciated. The pay is not consistent with work or experience.
I would not recommend any nurses here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton,ohioSeptember 7, 2017
Run as fast as you can away The nighshift nurses and some on days are cochas and treat new employees like bad. Not a good place to work..........
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks(they are not for profit, so their pay is low)
Good mission but lack of follow through, unprofessional higher management
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 20, 2017
There are quite a few aspects of this company that has potential to be great, but there is no follow through. Upper management is almost clickish and out of touch with daily happenings within the company, as well as its employees. There were some great co workers there but others that appeared to have animosity towards the company and it's employees, making them difficult to eatablish working relationships with.
Pros
Pay was decent, some great co workers, good concept for certain programs
Cons
Out of touch upper management, animosity in certain parts of the company, expensive benefits
good
STNA (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 17, 2017
My typical day I do morning rounds getting the residents up and ready for there day take them either for baths or breakfast and then I go back and clean there rooms and make there beds I have learned a lot about measuring intake and out puts and how to be patient with people and listen the hardest part about my job is when I someone passes away I think thats the hardest for me the most enjoyable about my job is when I can make my resident smile and laugh that my job enjoyable
Pros
the diffrent kindi work with of people i enjoy
Cons
there isnt any
Stna Hamilton oh
STNA (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 14, 2017
A wonderful company! Terrible management very clickish, night shift at Westover feels like high school at best the manager comes in when she wants a lot of the times of somebody calls off you're the only one there two nurses no help. You're stuck with two full hallways unfair and patients get neglected this way seriously need to evaluate Manager and other employees going for multiple smoke breaks for 30 to 45 minutes plus no one says anything very hostile work environment unapproachable management lead me to walk out on them. You will never keep anybody good with management and employees like this it's a shame .worst place I have ever worked!!!!!
Pros
Benefits pckg
Cons
Inexperienced management
Nothing overwhelming, friendly people.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 22, 2017
I didn't work here long, but with my time here I loved it. This was my first job and I thought getting a job would be scary, but I really loved
this job. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Pharmacy discounts, free after hour pool and exercise room
Cons
No breaks, on feet entire time.
Loved working here but too many egos & lies
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley sqaureJanuary 2, 2017
If you enjoy working with seniors, this is the place to be. The residents here are awesome & have made close to 20 years of employment incredible! The downside is that the management is sub-par at best and definitely can't be trusted. Pay & benefits are o.k. If your morales & work ethics are poor this is the place to be. Good luck!
Pros
Directors aren't around if you want goof off!
Cons
Directors aren't around if your a hard worker.
Poor management and work environment
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 18, 2016
This company has the potential to be the best in town, however too many individuals who have been there for awhile, think they are untouchable and above everyone. New nurses are not welcomed and are not liked because they are a threat to the seniority. Management is not trustworthy and there is no employee morale or team work. This interferes with patient care greatly. A serious lack of professionalism and a lot of finger pointing and throwing others under the bus. It's a real shame, they lost one amazing nurse when I left!
Waste of time....
mental health CBH (Current Employee) –  hamilton, ohJuly 30, 2015
When I first started working for this company I was excited and felt it had a lot of potential. After working here for a while I realized that the company has way too many chiefs not enough Indians. Most directors and supervisors treat their staff horrible and degrade them in front of other staff and clients and they talk horribly about each other to their staff. Staff is often reminded that they are replaceable.This company is about quantity not quality and as long as your productivity is high they don't care about the quality of the care you are providing. At Christmas time and other events they give away prizes and then make you claim these horrible prizes on your taxes.... Is that even legal? And whatever you do never stand up for yourself or a fellow coworker. They do not like to hear how things are really going in their company. I can not wait to find another job!!!!
Cons
horrible upper management
This place is broken
counslor (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 1, 2015
The higher up's in this company have no insight into the staff wants or needs. Every issue falls on deaf ears. The supervisor's are ridge out of touch with the staff. The workload is huge and there is no structure in the company. This place is a black hole that has a huge counselor turn over rate and causes burnout. There has been many counselor's that have walked out.
Pros
Cons
structure, supervisors, and higher up admits
High Turnover, Low Morale, Clueless Leadership
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OhioJune 19, 2015
While I was grateful to have a job, and enjoyed working with the clients, this work environment was very problematic. Leadership is out of touch and more interested in their own advancement than helping staff develop professionally and ensuring excellent service to clients. Problems are swept under the rug, until they can't be, and then blame and finger pointing begins. Former employees are blamed which means problems never resolve. Lots of potential, but without a major shift in culture and leadership the potential will remain untapped.
Pros
Some very dedicated line service staff who want to provide good care
Cons
Management, poor planning and vision, high conflict, low morale, high turnover
A good place to work, they provide a better level of care to residents than most.
State Tested Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJune 11, 2015
They provide good care and have a variety of choices in their dining room for their residents, fairly good wages and benefits package, discount on prescriptions,
Awesome mission not so awesome senior leadership!
Management (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHApril 21, 2015
Service a diverse group of clients within Butler County across healthcare services including long-term care, private duty, and mental health.
Pros
awesome mission, 40K clients, growth oppertunities, community focused
Cons
Out of touch CEO, reactive corporate culture, change resistant staff
Great Co-workers
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHFebruary 22, 2015
The people you work with are great. They are helpful and care about the clients. They make work fun. You get to pay individual attention to your clients.
I was an in home monitor. I did not work inside.
In Home Monitor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHSeptember 10, 2012
I was an in demand employee for this company. No typical day at work scenario