Community Health Association of Spokane Employee Reviews in United States

Billing Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2015
A place to work that was comfortable, easy going , enjoyable. Benefits were standard.
A day at work was working at a computer processing yesterday's work at the clinic's in CHAS system. Each biller /coder would either process a group of small clinics for all types of pay ( cash, insurance, and Medicaid, Medicare). Or the biller/coder would process one particular insurance, like Medicaid for all clinics. I did either. I had the knowledge of processing all types. Each biller/ coder would also process payments received from patients, and insurances. Closing was done monthly.
Pros
will listen to what you have to say
Cons
management at the time below average
Biggest Mistake Ever!!
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2015
I knew the first day of my employment that this was a huge mistake. Unfortunately I have to work so I endured for 2 years. Management was a big problem, no leadership, low skill level, no consistency, took credit for others work and lots of favoritism. This is a non profit organization and the mission of CHAS is a good one but from an employee standpoint it was awful. People were fired all the time, the HR person left because she did not enjoy having to fire people at the whim of the CEO, it was a revolviing door. Poor business decisions were made that impacted the business and then it was blamed on others. The day I drove away for the last time was a very happy day!!
Pros
no pros
Cons
no leadership
Great lunch room, convenient parking
Centralized calling center representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2013
Yearly work retreat where we are given meals, entertainment and interaction skills. Roll playing, comedy and paid for this

Community Health Association of Spokane Reviews by Job Title