Community Health Association of Spokane Employee Reviews

The mission is the culture!
Quality Improvement (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2017
CHAS Health is fantastic! I love the dedication to the mission. Its evident in the facilities, policies, and management! The core values of CHAS Health are fitting as well. I love that FUN is one of the core values...we know how to work hard and play hard!
Pros
Mission, Pto, Upward mobility
Cons
Stuck to a time clock (to the second), disconnect between Admin
Great place to work!
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  AdministrationAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy working at CHAS! We have a great team and work well together. I feel supported to become a better healthcare professional. I trust my employees and they work hard. I highly recommend CHAS as a place to work. GREAT BENEFITS!
Poor leadership
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, WAOctober 18, 2016
Poor communication, supervisor at dental clinic takes longer lunches habitually. ..Used company time to do personal errands, projects. Micro managed everyone feared losing their job. The top site administrator for the three clinics is professional but too busy with three clinics to really see what's going on. Loses great staff, high turnover at this location due to the inexperience and poor leadership skills. Across the bridge however whom everyone working for dental eagerly awaits an opening. Whole different morale there. Staff enjoy working , clinic administrator is a manager of the people, hears you when needed and genuinely cares about his staff and most importantly the CHAS patients and the CHAS vision.
Benefits
Cons
Inexperienced leadership
Billing Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2015
A place to work that was comfortable, easy going , enjoyable. Benefits were standard.
A day at work was working at a computer processing yesterday's work at the clinic's in CHAS system. Each biller /coder would either process a group of small clinics for all types of pay ( cash, insurance, and Medicaid, Medicare). Or the biller/coder would process one particular insurance, like Medicaid for all clinics. I did either. I had the knowledge of processing all types. Each biller/ coder would also process payments received from patients, and insurances. Closing was done monthly.
Pros
will listen to what you have to say
Cons
management at the time below average
Biggest Mistake Ever!!
Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 1, 2015
I knew the first day of my employment that this was a huge mistake. Unfortunately I have to work so I endured for 2 years. Management was a big problem, no leadership, low skill level, no consistency, took credit for others work and lots of favoritism. This is a non profit organization and the mission of CHAS is a good one but from an employee standpoint it was awful. People were fired all the time, the HR person left because she did not enjoy having to fire people at the whim of the CEO, it was a revolviing door. Poor business decisions were made that impacted the business and then it was blamed on others. The day I drove away for the last time was a very happy day!!
Pros
no pros
Cons
no leadership
Dedicated to the CHAS mission
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane ValleyApril 26, 2015
I love working at CHAS. All of my coworkers at my clinic are dedicated to treating every patient with the utmost respect and are willing to help one another when asked. Its a great place and I'm really happy to be part of the CHAS family.
Pros
Teamwork, Great benifits, Great starting wage
Cons
Managment at the clinic minimally interacts with workers
Great lunch room, convenient parking
Centralized calling center representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2013
Yearly work retreat where we are given meals, entertainment and interaction skills. Roll playing, comedy and paid for this

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Association of Spokane. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Association of Spokane Reviews by Location