Community Health Care Employee Reviews

Not run very well
Administrative Assistant/Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 22, 2015
This company is a Methadone clinic My typical day at work would be to answer the phones and direct calls, verify all insurance, take payments and post them, do patient intakes over phone, set up appointments for patients both medical and intake, perform drug tests, both swabs and urine dips, data entry, filing, working as a patient care monitor for dosing line. The company didnt train me properly on their procedures, and had to learn on my own. That was the hardest part of the job. Being left alone on the very first day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. they were 5:30 to 1:30 every day. I enjoyed working with the patients and interacting with the public. Unfortunately, they got a new Project Manager who was on a power trip with her position.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no training
providing health care tasks.personal, hygiene services, housekeeping, tasks and other related supprot services essential to the consumer's health.
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 7, 2013
I could say I use list that ranks in piority of the task's to complete with a time scale added to act as my motivation, of couse with appropriate rest periods built in to help stimulate me for other task's, should an emergency arrive.This only should show that I know how to prioritize things. At the strat of a day,in any industry I had before it is important that I review what needs to be done. my coworker will say i'm a team player who isn't afraid to help out to get the job done, whether it is part of my job description or not.The is nothing hard about the job, probably most important role in my job is able to help an elderly,others can be enjoy, and I love it.
Pros
bonus
Cons
$12.00
Horrible nightmare
Clinic Biller (Former Employee) –  TACOMA,WASeptember 3, 2013
Worked for these people for over 2 years as a clinic biller. Pay is very poor and benefits suck. Finally quit after all the unfair work practices. Continuous HIPAA violations, managers are very rude and flaunt favoritism, this wont be apparent to you until after a few weeks, then you will realize how dysfunctional this place is. There downtown clinic alone is like a revolving door, they have lost 6 providers and 7 RN's within 6 months due to the treatment of their employees and they can't seem to keep a clinic biller either. WATCH OUT~ This is a place where you learn to become paranoid and totally self doubt yourself because of the ill treatment you will receive and always will have to watch your back. They will lie to you about all the wonderful things they will do for you. Don't get caught up in this place you will regret it.
Cons
get out
Great Assistants Terrible Management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 18, 2014
Management at the Lakewood Clinic is Terrible! My manager is hardly ever here, when she is here she is texting on her cell phone or showing people pictures of her grandchildren. Not taking care of the schedule, micromanaging ever detail except her job.
A typical work day consists of seeing anywhere from 20 to 30 patients a day per provider that's working that day. Always filling the assistant schedule because management doesn't pay attention to it.
Some Co-Workers are very nice to work with. A few assistants are Selfish and slow putting others behind. The hardest part of my job is keeping the flow of work going. the most enjoyable part of my job is the Providers! They are amazingly awesome!
Pros
great providers
Cons
terrible management
Fast paced, very busy family practice with an amazing staff and a very great clinic to have trained with.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAOctober 20, 2012
I have had the honor of training with the amazing staff at this clinic. I have been able to utilize a majority of the skills I learned while in school to the fullest and have had the pleasure of working hands on with a multitude of patients. I do everything from rooming the patients, taking their vitals, entering all of the necessary information on the patients into the EMR system, give injections to anyone from infancy to the elderly, and also have been able to do Phlebotomy on many patients. I can honestly say this is a genuine company to have the honor to train with and if offered a job, I would gladly accept the offer.
Pros
caring staff, great benefits, and fast paced.
Cons
none.
Productive and fun work environment with Community Health Care
Externship (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 26, 2013
My typical day while externing at Community Health included filling perscriptions, customer service, typing up the labels for the prescriptions, stocking medication, etc.
I learned what it meant to work in a real pharmacy with a great group of team members.
The management and co-workers were an amazing group of people. They made sure I knew exactly what to do and helped me every step of the way.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me would be being able to meet all different types of people and know that I am helping them.
Wonderful work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 28, 2014
I had spent a short time at Community Health Care for my externship, and I must say that it was a fantastic experience.
The people there are willing to help you learn, and do not make you feel bad for asking questions.
The EMR system was very user friendly, office procedures were very effective and simple, and the providers were all wonderful to work with.
I would certainly recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
smooth operation, willingness to teach, excellent providers and care, wonderful patients, excellent communication
Cons
most patients do not speak english
Tough Place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2013
Lots of politics....constant need to watch what you say, how you say it and your body language. I am professional that is accustom to acting professional, but this place goes to the extreme. Unsupportive administrative staff and human resources is unfriendly and unhelpful. NOT giving any wage increases and they don't disclose this to you when you are hired. Lack of solid leadership in the Finance area in Admin. Employees run rough shot on the managers.
Pros
good starting wage and benefits
Cons
terrible co-workers
great place
National Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 4, 2014
Community health care is a great place to work. Every one work as a team, A Typical day at work is take phone in off line and fill them or call doctor if needed. pull medication from shelf and fill. I learn a bit from every one management and co-workers. There was no hard part that I felt.The most enjoyable part of job was having fun with most of co-worker.
Pros
good district manger
Cons
no con we had hour lunch and 1 break
As an Extern the staff
Extern, Medical Insurance billing and coding (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 4, 2014
As an Extern the staff I worked with were very Helpful, understanding, answered any questions I had, they also made me feel as I wasnt just an Extern but treated me as if I was one of their own team members They not only did their job well but worked well with their other team members. Community Health Care as a whole was a great place to Extern at, the Managment was great and if they every had an opening for a Billing position in the future I would love to go back.

Want to know more about Community Health Care?

Ask a question
pt oriented, strong mission statement,team oriented
LPN/Clinic Manager, Homeless Clinic (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 28, 2014
working at community health care assisting those who are often facing great challenges in there own life physically,mentally and social/economically leaves you with a great feeling of why you entered the medical field.
Pros
professional and caring people that make up the staff including ceo, medical director, on down to the people working in the clinics
Cons
i can think of none
fast paced and accuracy required
Patient Intake Professional (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILSeptember 9, 2013
my daily duties include but not limited to updating daily tickler file, create new patient accounts, authorize insurance, upkeep patient files with insurances statuses, run reports for coordinator, keep past due balances updated, enter hospital accounts for account services billing and coding department, assist patients with available programs and sliding scale discounts.
Pros
paid birthdays off
Cons
not much advancement for long term employees
Dishonest Management. Stear Clear
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJuly 30, 2012
Be very careful of this Company. The management has in recent years completely pushed out all of their medical providers and over one half of their dental providers. They are dishonest and put undue and unreasonable stresses on their employees who they do not value, even after years of service.

This will not be appearant initially, but ask about their recent history and you will see the signs.

This is the reason they are currently hiring.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working at CHC for the most part. The only reason I left was because they where doing lay offs and I got worried. My work day consists of rooming patients, giving injections, taking vitals and assisting with in office procedures.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Medical Assistants are very limited to what they are allowed to do
this is the best place I have worked for in all my years of assisting
Dental Assisting (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 30, 2014
I love working here. The staff and management are great. Everyone is great working together and we all go with the flow and it always seems to work out for the best. All places have their ups and downs but when you have multile women working together it happens. But ultimately best place ever
Pros
great place and good hours
The things I enjoy about my job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 30, 2012
Working for Community Health Care is excellent. i absolutely love my job. Caring for my client everyday, the conversations i have with him are just joyful.my co -workers are kind and helpful. The management at my job are wonderful, caring, kind. I assist my client with his activities of daily living. Being able to care for and assist my client is the the enloyable part of my job.
Assuring elderly safety
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New windsorOctober 28, 2014
Companionship, one on one care. Lite housekeeping and meals preparation. Taking care of the elderly was not a hard task form me, all the elderly need is love and care. The best part for me was when I was able to accommodate their daily needs, take her grocery shopping and have their dinner ready.
Opened my eyes to the poverty that we have in Iowa
Family Practice & Pediatric Office Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 3, 2015
I like what Community Health Care stood for, helping EVERYONE with or without insurance, no matter what their situation. Dealt alot with low income and homeless families.
Cons
No comparison to the former company Forum Health.
Sr. Health Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 3, 2015
I worked for the entities that came before CHS and they were a kinder, more caring place to work. CHS is a business and it is run as such!
Pros
Great co-employees.
Cons
Not enough employees to complete the requored work.
Enjoyable work place
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 12, 2014
Register and admit patients into computer. File and sort electronic medical records. Answer phones, fax scan and copy papers. Management and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
coworkers, long lunch break, on and off of busy days