Community Health Care Employee Reviews

My day as a PCA
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  city of Newburgh areaJanuary 9, 2017
My typical day at work would be getting my patient ready for the day. It would require that the client is washed and dressed according to the weather. A balanced breakfast, their medication, a snack before lunch, a very light lunch with snacks water juice. as for their dinner I do at times prepare and cook my clients dinners. After they have eaten they are then moved to their resting place such as bedroom, living room. they are then talked with or read to until its time for their evening meds. my clients clothes are then set out for the next day. I say goodnight to mt patient and see them the next day. I would take care of my client as if he or she was my child. I am a loving and caring person who does wear my heart on my slleve. I love people.
Pros
talking with patience and understanding difficulties in people emotions on being disabled depressed
Cons
I can not drive because I am epileptic
See below
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
For the period of time I was here I learned a lot regarding claim processing for medical claims. I however realized that this was not a good fit for myself. Very little interaction with others.
productive and fun work place
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 14, 2016
i really liked this job because when i had a permanent client i had lost of hours.only thing i didnt like was the distance of some clients, they really didnt have many close to my area.another thing i didnt like about this job was that when my client passed away they barely had work for me.my client died 03/2016 its now 07/2016 i only worked two days since his death and only 8 hours.
Nothing to say
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 2, 2016
Hated to work here. The owner was from another country afghanistan and disliked when women did not agree with him. Thought "women were like dogs" actually less than dogs.
Productive for some
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work is rooming patients, charting, vitals, front desk customer service, cleaning and stocking, and patient tracking. I am in charge of a few things going on within this company as well as working with a full time provider. The management at this location could be better, it is a very "clique" based location. The most enjoyable part of my day would be my co-workers and the team that I work on, they are what keeps me grounded on a stressful day.
Pros
co-workers, expierence
Cons
pay
Chs
Supervisor- James Campos (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 28, 2016
overall hospital jobs are good, even in housekeeping you get good benefits and good pay and hours. I would recommend it.
good foot in the door
Great fun place to work
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TacomaJune 6, 2016
Enjoyed working with such amazing co workers and loved the PT and all different diversity we would see, but most favorite part was translating for the pcp
Quality of life is nice
Lead Dental Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Overseeing employees work schedule daily functions of clinic setting. I am at a mid management level and over see over 60 employees not to include the providers, 83 to include providers.

Excellent compensation package.

Hardest part of job - lack of communication from upper management down. Left hand doesn't speak to the right hand.

Helping change patient life's!
exciting
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 9, 2015
Work place is always new and exciting, everyday is always interesting. Everyday you learn something new, and coworkers are understanding and helpful.
Fulfilling,
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYDecember 2, 2015
Job is fulfilling meeting clients needs as they depend on me for basic care. Self-satisfaction at the end of the day is rewarding.
great workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2015
It was a great workplace, the hours wasn't to good but the pay was great. i loved working there because i worked with some of my family members so it made working there that much greater.
Pros
good workplace
Cons
bad hours
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working at CHC for the most part. The only reason I left was because they where doing lay offs and I got worried. My work day consists of rooming patients, giving injections, taking vitals and assisting with in office procedures.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Medical Assistants are very limited to what they are allowed to do
Opened my eyes to the poverty that we have in Iowa
Family Practice & Pediatric Office Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 3, 2015
I like what Community Health Care stood for, helping EVERYONE with or without insurance, no matter what their situation. Dealt alot with low income and homeless families.
it was good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  sanfordMay 22, 2015
typical day was working I learned about home care my co workers were ok the hardest was when the owner passed most liked was the patients
No comparison to the former company Forum Health.
Sr. Health Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 3, 2015
I worked for the entities that came before CHS and they were a kinder, more caring place to work. CHS is a business and it is run as such!
Pros
Great co-employees.
Cons
Not enough employees to complete the requored work.
Not run very well
Administrative Assistant/Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 22, 2015
This company is a Methadone clinic My typical day at work would be to answer the phones and direct calls, verify all insurance, take payments and post them, do patient intakes over phone, set up appointments for patients both medical and intake, perform drug tests, both swabs and urine dips, data entry, filing, working as a patient care monitor for dosing line. The company didnt train me properly on their procedures, and had to learn on my own. That was the hardest part of the job. Being left alone on the very first day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. they were 5:30 to 1:30 every day. I enjoyed working with the patients and interacting with the public. Unfortunately, they got a new Project Manager who was on a power trip with her position.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no training
this is the best place I have worked for in all my years of assisting
Dental Assisting (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 30, 2014
I love working here. The staff and management are great. Everyone is great working together and we all go with the flow and it always seems to work out for the best. All places have their ups and downs but when you have multile women working together it happens. But ultimately best place ever
Pros
great place and good hours
Great Assistants Terrible Management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 18, 2014
Management at the Lakewood Clinic is Terrible! My manager is hardly ever here, when she is here she is texting on her cell phone or showing people pictures of her grandchildren. Not taking care of the schedule, micromanaging ever detail except her job.
A typical work day consists of seeing anywhere from 20 to 30 patients a day per provider that's working that day. Always filling the assistant schedule because management doesn't pay attention to it.
Some Co-Workers are very nice to work with. A few assistants are Selfish and slow putting others behind. The hardest part of my job is keeping the flow of work going. the most enjoyable part of my job is the Providers! They are amazingly awesome!
Pros
Great Providers
Cons
Terrible Management
Great for the community
Other (Current Employee) –  OtherDecember 12, 2014
CHC provides the community with affordable health care for all.
As an Extern the staff
Extern, Medical Insurance billing and coding (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 4, 2014
As an Extern the staff I worked with were very Helpful, understanding, answered any questions I had, they also made me feel as I wasnt just an Extern but treated me as if I was one of their own team members They not only did their job well but worked well with their other team members. Community Health Care as a whole was a great place to Extern at, the Managment was great and if they every had an opening for a Billing position in the future I would love to go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8