Community Health Center, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A Place with a Mission to serve the Community
Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Lower Fairfield CountyDecember 2, 2017
CHC is a tremendous place to work. It is mission driven that Healthcare is a right and not just a privilege. If you do not like your work and approach it with passion and if you do not really want to help a majority underserved population, or to work with a team then you should look elsewhere. The people who make a difference here and make it the incredible organization it is and who stick around for the longest are those who are excellent at the work they do, give extraordinary care, and fully integrate themselves into their sites and into the inner workings of the organization.

Some days are a breeze others are harder as with any population of people with significant Behavioral Health needs. You can do innovative groups like a shared medical visit group with our on site nutritionist the PCP or lead a group on your on, for patients you are prescribing suboxone to keep them informed of strategies to cope with what has led them to use. There is of course mindfulness based meditation, CBT, DBT, all to get a little variety from prescribing medications, if that is what you are passionate about.

Is there a particular population you want to do something special with? are you interested in doing research- well if you are willing to put in some of your own time to create the project and apply for IRB approval from our Quality Improvement Institute, then you have come to the right place. Do you do advocacy work or write, that would be encouraged here- no set additional time created to do so but if you are already doing it, they would be willing to help you find additional
  more... platforms for doing this work as the senior leadership like Mark Masselli and Margaret Flinter, past CMOs like have testified on the Hill, even our lead nutritionist was able to get legislation in the books. Those people are here at your fingertips to pick their brains and they would be happy to.

So if you want to make a difference at any scale, or even if you just want to come in every day and do your best treating and potentially giving medication to members of a population most in need of quality treatment and a moment of being treated with dignity in a world that often leaves them feeling ignored and less than human, then come to CHC.

Those who leave after many years of service go on to do amazing work and stay in touch with current employees because they are leaving outstanding teams of people they miss.
Pros
Big, all over the state, teams great, opportunities for advancement, innovative, receptive to change if you make a good case, open doors of all senior leadership, has an EHR, Beautiful facilities, Integrated setting opportunities to teach didactics Loan repayment possible
Cons
Big, all over the state, otherwise depends on the day- typical cons of any organization
Lack of organization
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 18, 2017
I have never experienced such disorganization in a work place. The interview process was a joke. A complete waste of time and resources. You would think you were applying to the CEO's job.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Senior Management
Very busy and fast pace environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Working in pediatrics is very demanding. We can see a total of 40 or more patients daily. Very busy work environment, can be stressful at times. I've learned a lot since working in pediatrics and hope to advance my trainings throughout my career.
benefits
Cons
hours
Behavioral Health Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 14, 2017
CHC was extremely helpful with helping me to start my career as a therapist. I was hired as a Behavioral Health Clinician I immediately after completing my internship.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Upper Management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 10, 2017
Very face pace environment multi tasking is a must. Co-workers and management are fantastic. I remind myself every day what our purpose is and I put our patients first!
Pros
health Benefits
Cons
Very high deductible
stress
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Eatonville, FLJune 15, 2016
working with low income patient , lack of hygiene, ,lack of manner and complaining for everything is very stressful environment. you have to adjusted in order to deal with them.
Pros
activities
Cons
poor salary
its all about helping others
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2016
This job is all about helping others. you cant walk into this job just thinking about yourself because its a lot of individuals that in need of your help and why not give it your all .
Pros
helping people
Cons
no free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Center, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Center, Inc. Reviews by Location