Community Health Center of Snohomish County

Community Health Center of Snohomish County Employee Reviews

They fire without valid reason
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 1, 2017
After only 2 months with the company both new hires were fired without notice or reason. Unacceptable in my opinion. And no chance to better themselves as employees was given.
Great place to work!
Patient Accounts Specialist-Certified (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 22, 2016
I love that CHC focuses on serving the uninsured and makes health and dental care accessible to those that may not otherwise seek care.
N/a
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 17, 2016
CHC is a good place to work at, I loved working with my coworkers and helping people in the community with their oral health.
Fast paced health center
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 22, 2016
Community health Center is a fast paced work for a medical assistant. Working here allows me to think fast, multitask, and use my bilingual skills every day. I do PKU's, injections, immunizations, EKG's, NST's, blood sugar check, blood draws, room patients, vital signs, charting, set up and assist the doctor in procedures.
Pros
Gaining lots of experience
cheap company, no job security, conservative and traditioanl
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 21, 2016
worked there for 8 months. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP company. management are conservative and religious . you can not wear sweater over your scrubs in winter, you can not apply lipstick. your scrubs should be 2 size larger than your actual size . you can not pump for your baby even in private room if you are a new mom.

Pay is not good. workload is really heavy. you have to do EVERYTHING.
They will ask you to clock off and work for free sometimes.

patients are really poor and sometimes they can not offer even 2 $ ibuprofen. there are lots of drug seeker and its very hard to work with them since they do everything to get their pain medication.

last thing: management are not good. they replace you , terminate you very easily.
for 8 months i worked there, 4 people got terminated .

don't work for this company.
Pros
Cons
cheap, conservative, No job security. Bad insurance
Great Entry Level Experience
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 20, 2015
This is a good place to jump start your career when just starting out in the medical field. The mission statement of the company attracts compassionate and dedicated people, but the opportunities for advancement and monetary compensation are lacking.
Very Mission Driven
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the hard working people I worked with. Health care professionals who have a passion for providing quality health care.
Don't work here
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  WashingtonOctober 8, 2015
Don't work here. Providers and management are very shady. There have been several people that end up not being trust worthy.
Okay Entry Level Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  WAMay 1, 2015
I would only advise applying here if an applicant is first entering the medical assisting field. The pay is poor, the benefits are passable and the hours are long. It's a decent place to cut your teeth in the field but not for long term employment. Even with exceptional credentials and an exemplary work ethic opportunities for advancement are virtually non-existent. Added to this management emphasizes netting as many patients as possible even if it means a hostile, if not downright dangerous work environment. The aforementioned reasons combine to create a very high turnover rate so don't get too attached to your fellow employees as over half of them will be working with you for less than a year.
Cons
Pay, No Work/Life Balance, Little Opportunity For Advancement.
Good company with friendly manager
Medical Assistant- Effectively (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 20, 2015
A little disorganized and lower pay scale, short staffed...but staff was friendly and my manager was awesome.
I loved getting to meet new people everyday and how every day was a little bit different.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
short staffed
Work here if you like double standards and playing favorites.
Patient Accounts Specialist Certified (Former Employee) –  AdministrationFebruary 17, 2015
I was there for years. I learned a great deal in being cross-trained for other positions. Unfortunately, you have to speak with angry patients every day. This is a very high stress job. There are a lot double standards. The upper management plays favorites. Only people who are "liked" are promoted from within. DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Pros
Learned other jobs in the same office due to cross-training
Cons
double standards for upper mangement, angry patients
Good pay, good environment
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 22, 2014
CHC is an excellent organization that provided decent compensation and benefits. Day would consist of arriving and processing payments and claims.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Days
CHC Review
Family practice and OB Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 4, 2013
CHC provides outstanding patient care the underserved populations of Snohomish county. The providers and support staff go above and beyond for the patients to ensure quality patient care.
liked the people and the staff was nice
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 21, 2013
I would take anyone there if they had trouble sleeping. the doctors were great and very nice to work with.
Fun place to work!
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 6, 2013
Even though i only extern'd there, I was able to see what it was like to be employed there. It was a great place to work and everyone was super friendly.
Externship
MA Externship (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 17, 2012
A fantastic place for my first experience out of school. I was able to do so much more at my site than others did where they were sent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Center of Snohomish County. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9