Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 15, 2017
The Community Health center in Lynn wood was a very good learning experience. Everyone was very helpful and kind. There was a great work atmosphere. It was very fast paced because it was a walk in clinic.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Met people with real neeeds.
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2017
I loved this job too. I worked with clients that really appreciated what we were doing. I also, worked with a PA on Wednesdays at the free clinic for women doing pap smears,birth control issues, doing alot of teaching because most of these people were homeless. Overall a very fulfilling job.
Pros
helping people with real needs
Cons
Every once in a while a patient that was uncooperative
Working at chc
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butte, MT 59701November 4, 2017
I worked at chic for awhile, over a year. Lots of politics, to many fingers in the pie. All the higher ups were women who couldn't handle any competition. They would make our lives miserable and even got a few gals fired. I quit before they got the chance to fire me.
Pros
Health care and dental right whete you work.
Cons
Didnt get paid enough, which is why i left
a heart-breaking experience.
Medical Director and Staff Physician (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IANovember 1, 2017
A colleague in Fort Dodge and I had worked very hard to get approval on the grant proposal to the federal government for the opening of the Community Health Center in Fort Dodge. My colleague and I were later hired by the federally-approved Community Health Center. We worked very hard to keep this vitally-needed clinic open and available to the working poor in central Iowa. I left after 2 years because of frustration over poor management.
Pros
providing health care to the poor in my home city.
Cons
long hours, frustration with management.
Fast paced
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 27, 2017
CHC is a sometimes difficult job for dental staff. This is due to short appointment times( 30-40 minutes) and amount of work. When I worked there, I was the only hygienist and had no help at all with any aspect of the job, no matter how much I helped others. Management needed much improvement, hope they got it.
Pros
No weekends, finished at 5pm, benefits were good
Cons
13-16 patients per day, coworkers not helpful
Productive workplace
Chiropractor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 22, 2017
I work side by side with the Chiropractor. I schedule up to but limited, 100 patients on a daily bases. I check in patients,translate for the Doctor up-to 75% of our patient. It is a high pace environment. I enjoy talking with all patients to ensure they are receiving the right treatments.
Great clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nipomo, CAOctober 9, 2017
I loved working at CHC. My coworkers were great. Great environment and management. Loved everything about this job but i left because I had to leave the country.
Fast paced environment
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 6, 2017
Receptionist duties, running front office
Great management skills
Diversity
Traveling
Working with the community being able to help whoever walked in ther door
Pros
Great bonuses
Fast-paced but manageable caseload
SA and Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 4, 2017
Good position for helping individuals with mental illness and substance. Management is very supportive with a limited budget. Good Benefits. Staff were well skilled and able to deal with crisis intervention.
Eligibility Specialist/Patient Support (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 20, 2017
Helping patients its very rewarding job. You learn a lot about culture and a lot about individual lives. Keeps it interesting. Hardest part of the job is seeing the current economy struggle, and at the end of the day smile you put on people's face is the most enjoyable part of the day.
Community Health Center of Casper is a good learning experience
CMA (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 13, 2017
Working for the Community Health Center of Casper is a good learning experience. Fast paced, detail oriantated, family oriantated, most of the staff is very friendly.
Excellent work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 5, 2017
This was a good place to work. Challenged skills as an RN. I learned to multitask and manage my time. This was a fast paced job. Management was supportive.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short breaks
My typical day in home care
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYSeptember 4, 2017
My day would start out by reviewing patient charts for the day. Call patients to inform of arrival and then head out for the day. Assess my patients in their home and review diagnosis, take care of any dressing change if needed. Call doctor if problem was found and carry out any orders.. IE. new med, labs etc. I learned how to be independent in nursing, how to draw blood and become very creative with teaching patients at times. I had to teach insulin to a patient and came up with putting food coloring in a saline vial to differentiate between regular and NPH. It worked very well. The hardest part of my job was call all night and having to be back to work at eight am. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patient teaching and monitoring the patient progress of how they were doing in the home. Management was very supportive and you didn't see other staff that much as you were out in the field most of the day.
Pros
freedom of job
Cons
on call
Federally funded medical office
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Malone, NYAugust 29, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working at this medical office. It offered dental, eye care , footcare,phychiatric help and women's health to those in need. They served all walks of life.
Pros
Open 8-4
Cons
Had to travel
excellent environment
Dental Assistant/Safety coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 24, 2017
excellent place to work. i really look forward to coming to work here everyday. the staff are all nice. everyone works as a team we all support each other and make sure our work day is smooth
Great Place to Work
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 17, 2017
The environment is great, co-workers are outstanding and the CIO is very understanding. CEO can be a bit much but beside that the team is fun. I recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
Community Health Center was a great job.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trinity, TXAugust 11, 2017
The Community Health Center closed in 2000.I was able to get most of my training from the Doctors that I worked with.It was a Family practice clinic. Every on I worked with loved there job.I missed my patients when I left, but I needed a job that had retirement benefits.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
The clinic closed
A day at work
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working and taking care of people ranging from all different types of disabilities. Community Health Center covers many counties helping individuals with nursing, house keeping and all the patients medical needs.
great place to work
Medical Assistant / LPN (Back Office Lead) (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 31, 2017
community health center is a job that u can get a lot of experience from, staff is excellent, and benefits good. upper management very professional.community health center, has varity areas of practice, ob, peds and adults. a family place.
Cons
1 hour breaks
Dont work here
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98201July 27, 2017
This is a bad not caring employer they back stab YOU and lie to your face keep looking you can find better job than here. The turn over rate is exceptionally huge, they have no idea how to run an efficient crew.
Pros
Getting hired
Cons
Everything after getting hired