Community Health Center Employee Reviews

I enjoy working here
Psych Tech, Fulltime (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIOctober 22, 2015
If I had not graduated with a different degree I would have never left. This was my favorite job I have ever had. Can't say one thing wrong with them.
Nice clinic for indigent patiient
LPN/CMA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 17, 2015
Clinic with a nice, pleasant environment that provides medical care for indigent patient in a low income community. Xrays, labs, and acute care was provided.
excellent place to work
Access to Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 12, 2015
was a fun place to work...opportunity to grow.. great benefits.. good management..just only bad communication between front staff and back staff....great medical team...excellent network for referrals...
Pros
good medical care..
Cons
communication was a nightmare..
good place to work but unappreciated
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 12, 2015
This is a good company for lots of primary care experience. especially if your a new grad RN. you will receive lots of injection experience , pt teaching, and work in a multicultural setting. physicians are caring as well as most of other staff. Unfortunately high turn over rate due to poor management and low morale. Needs to seriously work on incentives for keeping employees.
Pros
work experience, friendly atmosphere, most of time
Cons
unable to leave on time most everyday
Fast pace company with great co workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New London, CTOctober 1, 2015
Busy day consists of answering a multi line phone, check in and check out patients, data entry, updating patient info, scanning, faxing, etc. I was able to acquire great multi-tasking skills from this employer. Co-workers were a good team and the hardest part of the job was security. and i enjoyed keeping busy at all times and engaging conversations with a diversity of clients.
The doctors and co-workers I worked with made the job enjoyable.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton, WVSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at the Community Health Center was spent checking in patients, faxing/scanning paperwork, making appointments, and organizing medical records. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the patients. I love to help people.
PSA - Dental
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTSeptember 7, 2015
• Answer, transfer and record telephone communications from patients to providers accurately, and provide follow up as needed to pharmacies, etc. via ECW (eClinicalWorks) patient management system
• Check in, discharge from, cancel and reschedule patient appointments, ensuring that all demographics and HIPAA documentation is accurate, up-to-date and electronically filed utilizing and Centricity and ECW patient management systems
• Process insurance verification, record financial information and process charges and payments to accounts
• Utilize internal messaging system (Lync) to expedite patient experience and ensure follow-through from start to finish
• Daily office functions: faxing, scanning, emailing, data entry, telephone messaging, credit card processing and reconciling end of
day with financial office, and other duties as assigned
• Daily dental office functions: tracking insurance eligibility/authorizations for basic/major procedures, maintain xray database, coordinate with dental lab to facilitate process and delivery of dental apparatuses
A community invested in the growth of workers
Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 29, 2015
Cohesive workplace with a common goal. Supportive management and always available for consultation if required. Provided multiple ways to earn CEUS.
Pros
Educational Development, Supportive Staff
Work fast and smart
Referral Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Winter garder, FlAugust 19, 2015
I love the job just wish we had more people to help and not so much on our plate. Great company, great co-workers. Manager is great very helpful.
If you like drama, you will fit right in
teacher (Current Employee) –  KidspaceJuly 29, 2015
Kidspace is full of drama, it's not organized at all. The director doesn't know how to do her job, and she gossip about everyone in the building( employees, parents) she allow other employees to do her job, instead of directing the center. The moment you make the director angry, your now on her bad list, so if you want your job, you have to walk on egg shells around her, that's no way to work. Nothing is kept confidential in the building, so if you have a personal issues, expect that everyone else will know about it as well. Rules only apply to certain people, so yes favoritism is a huge role in this center. The turn overrate is tremendous, the pay okay, but other centers in the area pay better. Parents are steady pulling thier child out because their isn't any consistency.
Pros
closed on weekends
Cons
To much drama, and nothing is confidential
Stressful environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 22, 2015
This was a fast paced environment, but unfair with treatment to the employees. I worked well under the pressure. Hardest part was the numerous amount of phone calls as it was a public health clinic.
A nice workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJuly 21, 2015
The workday is very busy and at some points you can get relocated into buildings you may not be so familiar with so at times it can feel like you are brand new , even after years of working here. Staff is great and most are easy to approach when needing answers n certain protocol issues such as where items are located and what to do with certain documentation within patient charts. I enjoy being able to interact with different people of all different ages from birth to geriatrics i love seeing people after they return from an illness, or or children just seeing them progress and grow is wonderful .
Pros
Great patients, staff
Cons
Not enough hours to complete all work and communication to upper management becomes difficult
Great Place to work.
Help Me Grow Service Coordinator II and HV (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 17, 2015
I was able to work for CHC for almost 14 years and had a very good experience. The staff I was blessed to work with and for were wonderful and flexible.
Productive and diverse work environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CT 06790July 14, 2015
A typical work day at the doctor's office was always busy and hands on. I have learned something new everyday such as medical treatments, new procedures and anything related to my training process. I was hired right off my internship and enjoyed the company and staff. I was always on my feet and busy all day long and had extensive practice by continuously practicing what I was taught.
Pros
Free weekly lunches!
Cons
Long hours.
I enjoyed working at the Community Health Center. My bosses over the years were fabulous
Coordinator, Help Me Grow (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time at the community health center. The HR department was always there to help when needed. My direct supervisors were very supportive and always available to help with work related issues. The over all atmosphere was positive. I would go back if the opportunity presented itself
Cons
pay may be a little lower then other places depending on position
Terrible Place to Work For
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 6, 2015
Management is terrible, they give the worst people power. They say they will take care of you but its not true. They hire drs who are just awful human beings and even though patients complain they keep them around because they keep numbers up. Plus if you are looking to learn...don't go there, they will treat you like dirt till you quit and they don't give people chances. They don't do anything new age, just fillings, extractions and an occasional root canal. They work you till you hate it there. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!!
love the people
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Britain,CTJune 29, 2015
awesome co workers, like a family.. great hours and room to learn. you will get where you want to go if you are open minded and like to learn ;.
Busy, Busy ...everyday
LVN Chronic Disease Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJune 16, 2015
Busy! I work with a bunch of great people. My CM Team is awsome. The Hardest part of my job is Collaboration with other Clinic's.
Disappointed in the lack of caring by admin towards employess's
Medical Receptionist / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMay 16, 2015
Have been treated rather well at CHC, but wish that the employee's would be heard and play a role in making CHC a better place.
Pros
Liked the continued education provided
Cons
Lack of employee's being heard
I believe the CHC has room for improvement but it certainly has come a long way.
ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 28, 2015
Every day is different with it's own set of challenges as you try to meet the needs of each individual patient. The rewards of seeing patient's getting better day by day is worth the work. The co-worker's are the best part and they are always there to support you when in need. One of the best things I've learned at the Community Health Center is no matter what-stay solution focused. Anything else just doesn't work.
Pros
No day is the same, it's never boring and the day goes really fast as there is always work to keep you busy.
Cons
Not enough staff, physical environment needs a facelift at the 725 location, all staff should be escorted once they go past the lobby door to their place of destination.