COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Billing and Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Great Benefits, made a lot of new friends. Overall it gives a lot of opportunities for advancement and teaches you a lot.
The Best Company to work for, especially the Marketing Department
Business Development and marketing depart (Current Employee) –  Central FloridaNovember 29, 2016
Great Company to work for. Amazing Staff and people. Very clean environment, management great, people great, decent pay in the marketing department. Just overall the best company I've worked for!!
Pros
Great enviroment/ Great company!!
!st Job learned alot.
Registered Medical Assistant/Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLDecember 28, 2016
A great learning environment. Excellent benefits, and bonuses. Paid vacation. Supported employees in going back to school.
Its very Nice Environment
Front Office Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2016
I love my managers , and my front desk medical staff. What I have learned from working here that you should always be a Team, Player , willing to work with all cultures,and helping low income families always out patient first .
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Less Salary
Public Relations was enjoyable
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 20, 2016
Management was great to work with and very easy going. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting face to face with pediatricians.
Pros
Personable and enthusiastic supervisor
Chc
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93455January 10, 2017
Very nice environment and great people to work with. Doctors were nice and very fast paced. Everyone loved to joke around but knew when it was time to work.
nice place
Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMay 18, 2016
work environment is nice, but no room for growth or advancement. If looking for somewhere to gain experience, I would recommend CHC. entry level medical office setting.
Just a place to gain experince and move on not a long term work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2015
I was a previous employee when they hired me on around 6 years ago I feel I wasn't properly trained I had to go with what I knew and teach myself. They benefits when I started was great but a new CEO took over and she was so cheap snitched everything away . No more company banquets , uniform allowance, continuing education, or benefit cards. The raises are far and in between the dental assistants start out at 12.00$ per hour horrible pay all of the work that they require for you to do. The computer system is very complicated and at every meeting they add on extra duties that became overwhelming. You spend more time completing computer work than treating your patients on top of that they want you to see more and more patients everyday . Come on be real .....they want to fired you for any little thing that's why this job is not secure if you do decide to work here make sure you have a back up plan.!
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Some of the doctors are rude and are racist
place a fun pace to learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking vitals signs of the patients. checking them in, preparing injections and giving them, and making them feel better before being seen by the doctor. I learned more skills as a Medical Assistant. Management was supportive and pushed the best out of me. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part was making sure the patients were seen on time. The moist enjoyable party of the job was having the patients smile even though they were not feeling well.
Pros
Helpful employees
Cons
No bennifits or job secrurity
Productive and busy
Receptionist/MA/Referral Clerk/Scriber (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 28, 2016
checking in patients
answering phones
checking insurances
reminding patients of appointments
co workers have favorites
management is changing every 4-5 months
hardest part is working with all females
most enjoyable part is working with the patients
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLOctober 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Awful Company
Business Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2015
Limit job opportunities, skill training, and advancement. Management is awful and it was a horrible employer experience.
Cons
Not a great place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlMay 23, 2012
Not the place to work, if you are looking for job security. Community does not view these Centers in the best light.
Pros
overall, a caring staff.
Cons
under new management, many healthcare workers forced out.
Troubled area,,,, unpleasant managers
Referral Coordinator/CSA II (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 3, 2012
management can be very rude and dishearting. Located in a crime infested area in a Mental facility.... Not good
Pros
affordable healthcare
Cons
work area, managment, benefits
loved the palce
Patient services Representative (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Very rewarding place , good people, very good Doctors , professional environment , over all good experience working there
Pros
good people
Cons
extended hours
Provided a great opportunity to feel that you made difference in the lives of people in your community
LEAD EHR TRAINING & IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work included assisting employees with end-user and software related issues, developing learning aids, researching and testing software functionalities, and attending meetings. During my tenure, I learned that I enjoy facilitating the learning process, as well as, problem solving to resolve issues, and turning troubleshooting issues into training opportunities. Management, by choice, did not relate with or to staff, or customers. For the most part, the majority of co-workers developed close working relationships that sometimes carried over to friendships outside of the workplace, especially those working closely together. The hardest part of the job was being the face of my department, ultimately becoming a trusted confidant of many co-workers that I interacted with; so, carrying the burden of so many peoples issues, concerns, and complaints about the workplace was the most difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was, ironically, also the hardest part; I enjoyed working with such a diverse group of co-workers who trusted me enough to be open and honest with me, who trusted and respected my feedback, and appreciated my sincerity. The co-workers and the relationships that were developed, more than anything, is what I miss the most.
Pros
Organization overall mission; Good benefits
Cons
Poor employee morale; High turnover
Decent paying and decent hours
Registered and Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FlMarch 3, 2015
Hours are long during the week. No weekend hours for the pharmacy. Very closed environment, so you really need to get along with your coworkers. Management can be hard to communicate with at times. Hardest part of the job is the consistency of job duties. Good customer base. Staff meetings every month for each center. Team member recognition.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
breaks are never utilized
accounts receivable
take incoming calls
cleaning showroom
costumer service
great management
great people to work with
A caring company with good benefits to employees.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 24, 2014
Working at Community Health Center was great experience for me. I was able to assist the physicians with several different procedures. The training I received was invaluable to me. I worked with a great set of co workers who were very helpful. The patient care was very caring at Community Health Center from the front desk, nurses and Physicians.
Pros
Great benefits with time off and prescriptions
Cons
Salary
A solution on medical hardship
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 11, 2012
Dealing with patients some nice, some rude of course, I blame the economy for that, management, no much to say, I just work there, no comments, co-workes are just that, co-workers, the hardest part of my job is to see how many people is in need of so many things and the most enjoyable part is being able to provided the service needed.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
races, uniforms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS. Our community is ready to answer.