Community Health Group Employee Reviews

ambiente de familia
Executive Assistant Member Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
compania que se preocupa de la poblacion Latina en san diego
Pros
beneficios
Cons
falta de soporte del gobierno
Great place if you can get your foot in the door
Externship (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I did my externship through pima medical institute. Lots of great people work here.
It is your typical 9-5 office job, but if that is what you like, this place if perfect for you.
Pros
free food. tv in break room. small company. friendly faces
Cons
hard to get foot in the door
Awesome Work Atmosphere
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 7, 2017
CHG is fantastic place to be employed. The warm group of employees in combination with a focus on an employee friendly atmosphere make work enjoyable. Overall, a very pleasant place of employment.
Not for long term
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 23, 2016
The compensation is the only good thing about this company. There's a lot of politics and games you have to endure to make it here. The CEO and management are not trustworthy and will try to buy your vote with food and treat. It's a small company so you'll have to learn and do a lot more here.
Pros
Lots of food and treat
Cons
Must play politics to get ahead here
Claims processing
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaSeptember 24, 2015
Community Medical Group treats their employees very well, their only drawback was they did not seem to want to hire anyone permanent. The office setting was beautiful.
Pros
the work environment was great
Cons
they do not offer many permanent positions
Busy store but productive enviornment
Referral's Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 1, 2015
My days either consisted of being a Cashier or Sales Operator for the day. As Cashier I did a lot of Cash handling, checking out customers and credit card applications. As Sales Operator I answered all phone lines for the store and assisted both over the phone and in person with customers with their orders. Delegated phone lines to correct departments if needed and helped supervisors with any research they might need me to do.
Pros
Lots of company picknicks in appreciation.
Productive workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 11, 2015
What I learned at CHG will translate into any future employment.

Communication Skills: Case managers need to talk with clients and understand their needs. You will also need to speak with others on your client's behalf, and act as an advocate for them. Good listening skills, and speaking in an understandable way and being a good communicator is crucial.

Compassion: Case managers will be working with people who are sometimes in dire situations or going through difficult transitions. Being compassionate to their situation and working with them in a positive way will help them make good forward strides.

Time-Management and Organizational Skills: Case managers have multiple clients with various needs and are in various stages of need. There is a lot of paperwork that will need to be filled out and you will be working with government officials, as well as other workers. You will need to be organized and efficient with your time.

Problem-Solving Skills: Clients are looking for someone to help them find solutions to their problems. You will need to think critically and clearly about their situations to find solutions.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare bureaucracy
Productive and overall wonderful place to work at.
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at work is a 8-5 with 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Worked on roughly 18-22 claims a hour and met some really good colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches, welcoming people.
Cons
Parking, management.
Fun workplace and provides quality service to members
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 6, 2015
Community Health Group provider excellent customer service to their members and fun activies for their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great teamwork and growth opportunities.
Pros
Fun Activities
i already filled this out
MA, Behavioral Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  san diego caJune 17, 2015
Job Is great if you enjoy seating down all day. I personally did not like seating down all day. I enjoy being more active and involved. I like working directly with the member\client when possible.
Pros
bonus
Cons
to much faviortism
OK if you are looking for an entry level position
Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaApril 9, 2015
Managers pick favorites. There are too much politics. You have to question the company when the CEO is Married to the COO and the CEO is too busy sending emails with inspirational quotes rather than ensuring that the managers are behaving accordingly.
bias
REFERRAL CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 31, 2015
just imagine having CEO who is married to COO.This company the culture is terrible. There is no solid structure. professionals are not being treated well. Professionals resigned for the past 1 year were 12
productive and fun work place
Member Services Clerk (Perdiem) (Former Employee) –  chula visra, CAFebruary 26, 2015
learned a lot of stuff, co-workers are great, nice workplace, learned from credentialing department, member services clerk.
Pros
nice place
Cons
no overtime
grate job
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 9, 2014
Another grate job i loved working. very easy work. co-worker were very helpful.
Team oriented and strong work ethics.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 30, 2014
The professionalism of the staff is enormous. Having a great team that supports each other with any questions or concerns regarding work. The exceptional open question policy the CEO extends to all employees from entry-level to head managers is extraordinary. Working for CHG has to be the best experience I had so far. Also, what I enjoyed the most is that CHG pamper its employees such as; giving out gifts, providing meals, having flexible hours, and having a ping pong table where staff can enjoy during break time.
Pros
Treatment to its staff.
Cons
Short breaks
Very producitve environment and very pleasent staff!
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 24, 2014
I only did my internship hours here but I fgelt like I was part of the regular staff and I enjoyed every hour of my internship. I was always kept busy and I didn't have time to waste which I loved about the most part.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Not Hiring
Was very professional but also very warm, people were helpful and productive
Extern (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 3, 2013
I'd arrive pull out the files that needed to be credentailed and do the basic credentailing and licensing and affliations . I start off with doctors, then nurses and work my way down the medical fields til the hospitals were the only ones left. I quite enjoyed my extern at Community Health Group, and would not have minded staying in that dept. No question was ever looked at like it was a stupid question, they were always ready to answer any questions I might have or were unsure about..I loved how they made me feel like i was part of there team and I caught on to there software and routine real fast when I arrived they were a couple months behind, when i left they were caught up and i had prepared the credentailing files for the next few months.
Pros
was able to see and learn a different side of the medical profession.
Cons
that i wasn't able to be hired on with that dept.
Extremely busy/fast paced.
Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 8, 2012
Performed data entry duties;processed claims for payment/professional,emergency room/ambulance charges.Verified authorizations and eligibility for members when needed. Coordinated benefits with primary insurance when member had line of business as a secondary insurance. I learned to work independently and with less supervision.Management provided training and were available when needed. Co-workers sometimes helpful, everyone worked out of a cubicle atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was working under pressure towards meeting a quota.The most rewarding part of this job is that I learned a lot.
Pros
rewards for people with highest quotas.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Group Reviews by Location