Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Professional and caring work environment
Intensive Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 7, 2016
Telephone calls to members to engage in case management program. Home visits are expected as well, but only one/member. Your territory can be large and cover several areas of state. Work can be completed within your work day, most of the time. Expectation for WAH nurses to work in office monthly. Caseload expectation 55-70, dependent on acuity.
You do work alone on the phone most of day. If you make an effort to connect with co-workers, you will find most everyone is very helpful and nice. Work atmosphere is professional and supportive.
Company investing heavily into staff development
Director, Regional Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2016
Community Health Network is a good company to work for. A new emphasis is being placed on front line employee inclusion with direct communication from network leadership which is good.
Pros
Benefits, fair compensation
Cons
All regions not treated equally
Great management, no raises, no paid time off or sick days above state mandated.
Contract Nurse (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 12, 2016
Supportive of staff. Must be willing to travel to assignment to stay employed. Work is not guaranteed. Flexible scheduling. Best management to work under.
Patient focused comprehensive, exceptional care
Internal Medicine Physician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2016
Every person who works for CHN has a voice. Health care takes a team approach. Although the network employs over 500 physicians, the leaders have been able to make each practice a small community. Our small practice has ready access to a dietician, pharmacist, social worker, patient assistance coordinator. The dietician is free! For those patients with complicated problems, and sometimes just complicated lives, there is a dedicated nurse navigator in our office to guide the patient through what could be a complex maze of doctors, tests and treatments.
Our staff makes it easy to provide exceptional care.
Pros
Compensation model is based on quality not quantity
Overall fun
Cst (Current Employee) –  IndyNovember 7, 2016
A nice bunch of people to work with except management very discriminatory towards employees and will only back management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lousy management
Productive and challenging place to work.
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaOctober 27, 2016
Community health network is an amazing company to work for. There is lots of room to grow and move up in the company. Everyone you come in contact with is friendly. Most of the inpatient units have self scheduleing sonit is very easy to plan around events that you have going on.
Pros
Self scheduling
Very customer focused - positive
Manager Patient Access - Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2016
Very customer focused - positive
Management strategies and initiatives begin with the customer in mind
Most enjoyable part- rapid change
Most challenging part - aligning those individuals that find embracing change difficult - however it can be done
Pros
Innovation
Cons
Understaffed
Good People, Demanding job
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2016
During my employment there were multiple management turnovers, which I believe to be part of the morale and management issues. The managers and directors were sometimes detached from the other employees. All of the positions were demanding and required dealing with the public, patients and patient's families. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and also the reward of getting things taken care of for patients and those in need.
Pros
Some rewarding tasks, Coworkers
Cons
Consistent Management
Productive and fun loving work place
Facilities and Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 29, 2016
Started working at Community Healthy Network just a year after they began as a company. I loved growing with them in every which way. The benefits were always great and as long as you were a great employee with great work ethics you were definitely loved and part of CHNCT'/ family.
Its good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 28, 2016
Good place to work. I been here a year I just want to better myself and move forward and do what I love and that is working at a desk or computer and meeting new people daily
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Short breaks, pay for your lunch
Work
Patients Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2016
A typical day at work will be a good day, great customer service skills. Great communication skills and showing great team work , showing a great impression on management.
Supportive staff and management
Intensive Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 24, 2016
Very supportive staff and management. Flexible schedule with work from home benefits, however difficult at times to separate work from home life. Workloads can vary greatly.
Information Systems Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2016
I have learnt a lot about clinical workflows and how to integrate them safely and accurately with clinical information systems. My clinical skills that I acquired while working as a hospital pharmacist opened up quite a lot of opportunities for me to analyze clinical workflows and improve them via clinical information systems.
Love Community!
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2016
Community Health Network is an excellent company to work for. They show genuine care for their employees and patients alike. I have truly enjoyed working here!
Good Place To Work
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 24, 2016
Community Health is a great place to work. Coworkers are all very helpful. Management is available to assist when needed and works with you if you need assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people in their time of need.
Pros
PTO
Great flexibility. My managers were always willing to work around my school schedule as I was in school during my time there.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  OB/GYNAugust 23, 2016
New home health agency that continues to grow
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dalton, OHAugust 10, 2016
Community Health Network, Ltd. is a new home health agency that continues to grow in patient size, as well as employees. My role with the company is to assist the administrator with various tasks of the organization. I currently submit patient claims to Medicare and Medicaid for each patient. I am also in charge of auditing and maintaining personnel files, as well as billing pharmacy invoices for our patients. I am also involved in various marketing activities to promote our services within the community. It is a small organization with a friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is being a newer, less experienced home health agency. The best part of the job is the support that comes from my co-workers.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Newer agency
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 19, 2016
Not very informative. Mangement is out of touch and doesnt display team work. Human resouces is hard to reach, and doesnt follow up on department issues.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low pay scale, they float you to different floors too often, lacks team work
Enjoyable workplace
Primary Care Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2016
My day consists of working with high risk patients, educating them and getting them resources to help them achieve better health. Working with the providers and the patients to accomplish this task is the most rewarding part of my job. The hardest part can be getting the patients to realize how important their health is and helping them to take action.
Great coworkers
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 7, 2016
I worked the 9:30 to 6PM shift it was important to the hospital to keep up on the latest technology. The physicians were great and I gained a lot of experience that could not be taught as a student
Pros
Excellent physicians and coworkers
Cons
Very busy for a newly graduated therapist, Manager at the time was very difficult to work with and had a lot of job turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Health Network Reviews by Location