Community Health Services Employee Reviews

OK Job to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I work here for 3yrs and never got a raise. If you looking for a raise in 3mths or 1yr don't expect to get one at all yes your benefits are paid for you only but that is all. NO RAISE AT ALL and you expect to do everyone's job at the same pay rate is not worth your knowledge. You will also will never get help when you ask for it and you have to be careful what you do while at work because if someone does not like they will try to get you fired or wrote up. Its a good start to get experience and then move to a new job with better pay.
Cons
two 15 min breaks 1 hr lunch
Mico Managed
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 18, 2016
Unreasonable expectations as to work requirements. Micro managed from the top down. Extremely stressful work environment.
fun work space with multiple clients to brighten up your day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
This job was very easy, we would check in patients or direct them to their prospective place. I would interact with the providers and do many task for them to keep busy. i filled paper work and used electronic charting. i would collect co payments from our clientele. There would be times where we had to cover different departments.
Pros
1 hr long lunches sometimes they were provided for us
Cons
if there few clients the day would go slow
thankful
Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 26, 2016
I love the new field of work that I do now. I learned so much. I love my Co-workers, easy to work with, we work well as a team. is a fast pace but I enjoyed it. makes the time go so fast. furthermore being around children made your day go even faster
A lot of Employment related Law Suits / High Staff Turnover
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2016
Poor Management including Human Resources
High Staff Turnover
Discriminative and Hostile work environment
Lack of career advancement opportunities
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
No clear path to advance career, No salary increase after 5 years, mis-magement
Busy
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 23, 2015
My day is filled with multi tasking, between servicing the patients, to answering inbound calls and making outbound calls, taking messages, and data entry.
Pros
1 Hour lunches, benefits
Cons
Negative attitudes
Overall nice atmosphere..
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2015
I learned to depend on my co-workers. The patients were great people. The workers all helped me when i first started.. I also learned how to translate better in spanish. I made friends for forever. I will never forget my job experience..
Pros
Moved from doctor to doctor.
Cons
Nice lunch hour.
Great place to work if you like helping people
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 25, 2015
It is a great place to volunteer if you like to help people. I didn't even know they were there until I was looking for my externship. Everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.
Being able to help people with their on going needs.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 20, 2015
Its nice when You are able to help someone who can no longer help themselves.
Pros
Being able to help
Cons
not enough jobs to go to.
Compliance Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 8, 2014
Community health services is a wonderful service for the citizens of Fremont. The staff are friendly and caring about their patients.
Challenging work that really makes a difference. Working environment with a strong sense of comraderie,
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2014
I have worked at Community Health Services for 11 years. It was with great sadness that family issues forced me to make the hard decision to move to another state. But I am grateful to all the support I received at Community Health Services. This organization and its mission enabled me to grow within my profession and gave me the opportunity to meet and collaborated with so many other professionals.The hardest part of the job was leaving and saying goodbye to all my patients and colleagues.
Pros
Excellent staff.
Good Place to work
Accounts Receivables Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 23, 2014
CHS is a good place to work...They offer 30 - hour lunches. They have training classes.
resp. therapy
crt (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 30, 2014
ltac unit
nightshift
special care hospital
for profit organization
Srure Company
Team Lead for Payment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 3, 2013
CHS is a secure work environment. When many companies in the healthcare industry were down sizing, CHS has gown and continues to.
Pros
extra paid days off around regular holidays
Cons
cannot keep up wh hiring needs vs. growth
Community Healthcare in Charlotte,NC
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 23, 2013
Excellent Job; Dissolved due to economy

Great co-workers; travel opportunities; immunization skills utilized daily on location at job sites; Typical day was from 6AM til 2-3pm.
I enjoyed all of this experience, if only it could have lasted.
Exceptional professional work place
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 5, 2013
Community Health Services gave me the opportunity to work one on one with patients and gave me a chance to grow and learn in my carrer. I started working as a medical receptionist had the chace to learn how to process all types private insurances. At CHS i moved up to work as a medical assistant woking with patients very exciting to be able to assist the provider with procedures,process specimen.Workin with my co-workers was a wonderful experience great work ethic and great team atmosphere.
Pros
training courses
Great place to work and serve your community
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2012
Great place to serve the local community a company that provides healthcare to under poverty level community. I loved the job & the patients but management was poor in several departments. I hear the have cleaned up & new management has taken over. I would work at CHS again.
Pros
great benefits a chance to serve your community.
Cons
poor management within some of the departments.
Productive community service is the most satisfying thing mentally and physically
Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 7, 2012
Typical day started with Hospital rounds, most regular people with illnesses requiring customary care, some with illnesses complicated by environmental and social problems unique to the society.
Poverty is not a matter of Dollars and Cents. Poverty causing specific stresses creates a society needing empathy in addition to techniques of regular medical care unique to the society.
Management in 1980s and 1990s was by Physicians focusing mostly on up to date Healthcare. After 2000 Bureacracy changed Urban Healthcare into a Business where Dollars and Cents became important.
The co-workers consisted of Physicians with same ideals, mingling with staff recruited from the community infusing local values and customs creating a mixture most enjoyable and pleasing.
Hardest part was compensation for the work done.
The most enjoyable part was when a satisfied Parent says Thank you, most heartfelt and sincere when no other accolades were expected nor received.
Pros
the friendship, loyalty at work place
Cons
compensation
Good and Solid management
Eligibility Screening Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 24, 2012
I think this company is amazing. Comapany is very flexable and hours are amazing. Management understands the duties and workflow.