Community Health Services Employee Reviews

This is the worst place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 27, 2017
Very low pay and a lot of work, almost every month they add something else to our schedule, and we get an hour lunch break sometimes, because they have meetings when we are supposed to go to lunch, we have a union now so we must pay dues when we get paid, and the company fires a lot of employees, so you should expect to meet someone new about every two weeks, if you last that long, the raises we get from CHS could be anywhere from 9 cents to 40 cents every year, oh yeah and now they put a limit to how much a medical assistant can make at their company, and they want every MA to be nationally certified as a MA, and to be an interpreter for free, I am only writing so you don't make the same mistake I did, working for this company has been a waste of my time, the reason I say this because I'm the hardest working MA this company has and when I reach my 10th year they want to fire me.
Pros
None, run away as fast you can.
Cons
Everything.
Overall Community Health Services has an effective environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2017
Working with Community Health Services is a great experience for me. All my colleagues are very friendly and supportive. Every day I get new ideas and conceptions regarding working environment in the United States.
Fast pacing facility
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 21, 2017
Entering patients doing vitals signs good team work never a dull moment at this facility hardest part of the day was calling other facility to get appointments for our patients
I enjoyed working with my clients and helping them with their ADLs.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 5, 2017
When I started working at Community Health Services, I had a number of different clients. After about a year, a lady requested that I work full time with her father which my supervisor approved. I worked with him until his death in November 2003. The hardest part of the job was seeing his health deteriorate until he was bed-ridden. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping them with their ADLs.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Hearing about the deaths of former clients
Service to the Community was a plus
Account Clerk, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 8, 2017
For the most part, I really enjoyed my time at CHS. They are committed to serving the entire community. .not just the insured. They offer a sliding fee scale for individuals who do not have insurance or their insurance is inadequate.
Thick skin needed
Field of Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 4, 2017
This job requires thick skin, you are working with people at the lowest point of their lives and they will not treat you too kindly because of it. Patience and understanding required.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers, professional
Cons
working with public
Great place to work!
Senior Healthcare Executive Intern (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHJune 26, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They are all so friendly which makes working with them that much easier. Everyone is respectful and has very high energy each day.
Average company to work for
Sr HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 25, 2017
Member of HRIS as a report writer using a variety of applications and helped train junior analysts. Average company as far as salary and benefits are concerned.
Very productive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 13, 2017
Great stuff, they are always willing to help you whenever they can. A great place to gain tons of experience. They truly care about their patients and always going out of their to provide the best patient care they can.
Evolving department/clinic system
Internal Medicine Physician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 21, 2017
This department has evolved as part of South Broward Hospital District, as a primary care clinic system for uninsured and underinsured patients in the south Broward County, FL
Pros
very fulfilling work, very appreciative patients
Cons
limited resources makes providing quality care a bit challenging
Productive place to work for
Patient Receipt Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 18, 2017
If you are starting at a lower point this company is great to work for, but once you reach level of under management there is no more room for growth. But overall I enjoy working from this company.
Pros
Varied schedules, Friendly environment.
Cons
Very little training.
good place to work
Refunds Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 16, 2017
I wasn't pleased with the training. Other than that, they treat us like adults and don't micromanage us.
Managers are really friendly and helpful.
They assign us work daily, which is a reasonable load for part of our work, but not for the other. Unrealistic expectations for the other half.
Pros
they treat you like adults and don't micromanage you
Cons
not good training.
Run
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMay 5, 2017
I would not recommend this place . If you are at the end of your career, and about to retire, this would be an ideal place for you to work.
If you are newly graduated, you will lose your skills.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything to lose
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 26, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was he patients. the hardest part of the job was the kids when they were sick. my manager was great. this clinic is very diverse and that was the best part of the job.
Managment and staff are terrible
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIApril 16, 2017
The clients are amazing. The pay was good, you received raises and benefits. It was the best company I've worked for.

Management is terrible. They're all friends, so they all take up for each other if one manager does something wrong. There is one manager that is very ignorant and harasses staff.

The majority of the staff are very ghetto and do things on the job that they shouldn't. There were once two girls fist fighting in the parking lot, who were not fired. Not all of the staff are bad. Some are amazing, but most of them are terrible.

I wouldn't trust putting my family with this company.
Pros
residents, pay, benefits
Cons
ghetto and unprofessional staff and managment
Chs
A/R Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 9, 2017
this place is very secure you don't have to worry about anyone coming into the building.
a lot of the coworkers are very nice. The picnics are great.
OK Job to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I work here for 3yrs and never got a raise. If you looking for a raise in 3mths or 1yr don't expect to get one at all yes your benefits are paid for you only but that is all. NO RAISE AT ALL and you expect to do everyone's job at the same pay rate is not worth your knowledge. You will also will never get help when you ask for it and you have to be careful what you do while at work because if someone does not like they will try to get you fired or wrote up. Its a good start to get experience and then move to a new job with better pay.
Cons
two 15 min breaks 1 hr lunch
Mico Managed
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 18, 2016
Unreasonable expectations as to work requirements. Micro managed from the top down. Extremely stressful work environment.
fun work space with multiple clients to brighten up your day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
This job was very easy, we would check in patients or direct them to their prospective place. I would interact with the providers and do many task for them to keep busy. i filled paper work and used electronic charting. i would collect co payments from our clientele. There would be times where we had to cover different departments.
Pros
1 hr long lunches sometimes they were provided for us
Cons
if there few clients the day would go slow
thankful
Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 26, 2016
I love the new field of work that I do now. I learned so much. I love my Co-workers, easy to work with, we work well as a team. is a fast pace but I enjoyed it. makes the time go so fast. furthermore being around children made your day go even faster