Community Health Solutions of America

Community Health Solutions of America Employer Reviews

CHS Summary of Review
Corporate IT and Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 1, 2014
This was a fantastic place to work the time I was there.
The company began to sell off large pieces of managed care operations to larger healthcare entities.
Great Place to Work
Member/Provider Services Rep (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 8, 2014
Each day, we help members coordinate their health care, provide information to providers regarding claims, and perform special projects as instructed
Productive and Fun workplace
Members/Provider Services Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 3, 2014
Pros: random potlucks, awesome parties for b-days
Cons: healthcare benefits
This company is a wonderful place to work. The representatives all work very well together; also, the supervisory staff is very helpful and very down to earth. Everyday we answer phones to assist members and providers with their daily inquiries about the healthcare plan. The providers inquiries run from prior authorizations for procedures, to denial – more... information for claims. The members inquiries run from requesting new ID cards to changing their primary care physicians. The hardest part of the job is understanding Medicaid, while the easiest part is interacting with members, providers, and the other staff to solve the issues that we face. – less
Unprofessional Management
Member Provider Services Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 1, 2013
Pros: nice and helpful co-workers
Cons: 10 minute breaks, must keep your purse and other belongings in a locker, unprofessional management.
I worked at CHS as a Member Provider Services Rep. through a Temp agency a little more than 1 year ago.

The job itself was relatively easy if you enjoy working in the healthcare field, and the regular and seasoned reps. on the floor were really nice, however, the female manager(CG) I was assigned to was very unprofessional.

She seemed bipolar. No – more... one liked her because she had a very hostile disposition and you could never tell what mood she was going to be in. Maybe she was insecure with herself due to being overweight. Who knows.

I can recall walking in to begin my shift one morning, smiling and making eye contact with her in an attempt to say, "Good Morning"and she had a complete stone face!

That let me know that she thought of me as nothing but a temp, and I need not expect her to treat me with the slightest morsel of respect.

Another time, I caught the flu and had to miss several days of work. Since I worked for the agency, naturally I gave them a copy of my doctor's note. But as a courtesy, I figured I would give a second copy to my supervisor when I returned to work. I did so, and got nothing but a blank stare. I didn't even get a, "Thank you", "Welcome back" or "Glad you're feeling better." WOW!! WHO DOES THAT??!!!

My co-workers were the only ones that showed concern and were happy to have me back.

CHS is already not the largest or best Healthcare provider out there. They are "SMALL POTATOES" compared to their competitors. Most people don't even know who or what COMMUNITY HEALTH SOLUTIONS OF AMERICA is.

It would be nice if the higher-ups would screen not only the phone reps., but managers/supervisors as well. Maybe then, they would be more successful. It would definitely boost morale and make everyone want to work harder. – less
terrible
employee (Current Employee), clearwaterNovember 21, 2013
Cons: the whole place is a con
basically,they play favorites.they use you till they don't need you anymore.if you need to ask management a question, nobody knows the answer.i.t department doesn't know a thing .this company is a revolving door.
Productive work enviroment
CM (Current Employee), St Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2013
Pros: co workers are willing to assist one another
Cons: no direction
The ability to multi task is a must. Preparation to receive multiple duties at a time on an ongoing basis. Hard enviroment never a dull moment
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2012
Pros: growth, benefits plan, 3 weeks of paid vacation, teamwork
Great Company to work for! Extremely goal focused and very targeted towards explosive growth .

About Community Health Solutions of America

Community Health Solutions is nationally recognized for our experience and leadership, enabling us to provide innovative and comprehensive – Read more