Community Health Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

Poor corporate and management operations
Community Relations Liaison / Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2016
CHSI is a great program for the local low income communities. Sad to say that the corporate office operations and upper management all need to be replaced.
Pros
program is excellent
Cons
poor corporate and management operations, wrongful terminations, fraudulent
Always a blast with co-workers and guests
EDI/Institutional Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 22, 2014
long days on the water but with mostly people just out for a good time, made work enjoyable.
Dont work here
RDA (Former Employee) –  FALLBROOKMarch 29, 2014
This place is crazy. If you are a person that doesnt care about patients, doesnt mind the dentist yelling at you or patients, and that loves to be overworked, then this is the place for you. There is no opportunity for growth here. They make you do more than what is in your job description and dont pay extra nor give bonuses because they are always broke. They just care about numbers and production and not their employees. The dont give you the necessary supplies and expect you to do miracles with what you have on hand. They are so broke that I had to bring my own toilet paper and soap from home. They dont give raises every year but overolad you with responsibilities. The main DENTIST is so unprofessional who has no respect for you or the patients. And is always in a bad mood. Neverless to say he DOESNT speak english and you have to translate EVERYTHING! DONT WORK HERE! You can do better. Upper management doesnt care about employees!!!
Pros
Benefits, 1 hour lunch, meet a lot of people.
Cons
Not good pay, no bonuses, work overload
I really love the people we care for.
Dental Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy coming to work everyday knowing that we have helped someone be more confident in themselves.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No Communication
always busy and you get to meet a lot of new people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FallbrookFebruary 10, 2014
I worked there for 18 months, never got a raise. They do that whole you should be glad you're even working routine that many companies are doing. I love what I do but you can only take being under appreciated for so long. Co workers are awesome, the people in the community is awesome, just have to do a lot of audits which is good to be the best we can be but it is exhausting.
Pay though is really insulting. Especially when you can work for a good company like Radys or Kaiser for almost double the pay.
Pros
friendly co workers and no Sundays
Cons
horrible pay
A mess in every way
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonJanuary 5, 2014
I worked for this company 2 yrs ago, just to find out they wore broke
lay off after 3 mths later , company did not have money not even for toilet paper i had to bring my own from home.thet shouldn"t hire if they are thinking they can't keep their employees for long, always changing employees , bad place to work if you need money .
Pros
Cons
poor location
Very busy and always changing every week.
Accounts payables (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 28, 2013
Have to track all clinics cash flow
Keep track of petty cash for the clinics and Corporate
Enter in Quickbooks all EFT's and debit from all of the bank accounts
Match invoices with the right PO
Pros
Hour lunch and good benefits
Cons
It's too far for me
Disorganized
Pharmacy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2012
Unfortunately I was trained to do a job I did not get a chance to do because the ground work to implement the system was not put in place before they hired over 40 people to implement their BCMA system consequently leading to layoffs of all who were hired.
Pros
paid for travel, meals, and expenses.
Cons
laid off
Never bored
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2012
Staff diligently involved with tasks at hand. Offer good benefits while offering a family work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Health Systems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7