Community Health Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

three star employer
LPN (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WV 25901August 1, 2017
They are not a family oriented company to be employed with. Their benefits and FMLA policy are significantly lacking compared to other companies in the area.
Early career, OK. Long term, go somewhere else.
NP (Current Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAMay 23, 2017
There are better benefits in other places. Top heavy. Lack of knowledge. Poor long range decision making. Great to get initial experience. Run someplace else after that.
Needs Work
Training & Staff Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 14, 2017
Management is reactive versus proactive. Attempts to change the culture from one of non-communication, "need to know" leadership is met with strong opposition from inexperienced staff that hold leadership positions. There has been a recent change in some important leadership positions (change in incumbents) and this may help attempts to make the organization to be a better place to work.
Pros
Employee-only Medical/Dental 100% Employer Paid
Cons
Knee-jerk Reactive Management
Work/life balance encouraged. Tax department well run.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 13, 2017
It was a very relaxed environment and I was always comfortable reaching out for help. However, after two years I asked for a raise and was denied on account of "the people at the top." I found this to be very discouraging and led to my departure of the company. Maybe the CEO should spend less money on "random" drug testing and extravagant Christmas luncheons that most employees dread.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule, reasonable deadlines
Cons
Unfair compensation
If it weren't for the people...
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy working for CHS. I love the people I work with so much so that I have been with the company for more than 5 years, and consider all of my co-workers as friends. The benefits are amazing, the monetary compensation is lacking, however it balances out with the people. Plus, they are very supportive in the community and are always opportunities to volunteer your service.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Appreciation, Health & Job Fairs, on-site cafeteria
Cons
Monetary Compensation
Poor corporate and management operations
Community Relations Liaison / Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 21, 2016
CHSI is a great program for the local low income communities. Sad to say that the corporate office operations and upper management all need to be replaced.
Pros
program is excellent
Cons
poor corporate and management operations, wrongful terminations, fraudulent
Good benefits and pay. Allowed to work on my own
Cash Specialist,, A/R Analyst, Cash Monitor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 12, 2015
Pleasant co-workers, never boring, large learning curve. Training could be improved. Time went very fast because I was constantly busy. A lot of overtime...sometimes too much. Enjoyable atmosphere. Company did different things for the employees to show appreciation such as bring in a yogurt truck for all employees, provide pizza parties when goals are met and let us off early sometimes on the day prior to a holiday.
Pros
Good benefits, great working atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes had to work 10-12 hour days which made it hard to make plans.
Always a blast with co-workers and guests
EDI/Institutional Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 22, 2014
long days on the water but with mostly people just out for a good time, made work enjoyable.
Dont work here
RDA (Former Employee) –  FALLBROOKMarch 29, 2014
This place is crazy. If you are a person that doesnt care about patients, doesnt mind the dentist yelling at you or patients, and that loves to be overworked, then this is the place for you. There is no opportunity for growth here. They make you do more than what is in your job description and dont pay extra nor give bonuses because they are always broke. They just care about numbers and production and not their employees. The dont give you the necessary supplies and expect you to do miracles with what you have on hand. They are so broke that I had to bring my own toilet paper and soap from home. They dont give raises every year but overolad you with responsibilities. The main DENTIST is so unprofessional who has no respect for you or the patients. And is always in a bad mood. Neverless to say he DOESNT speak english and you have to translate EVERYTHING! DONT WORK HERE! You can do better. Upper management doesnt care about employees!!!
Pros
Benefits, 1 hour lunch, meet a lot of people.
Cons
Not good pay, no bonuses, work overload
I really love the people we care for.
Dental Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy coming to work everyday knowing that we have helped someone be more confident in themselves.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No Communication

Want to know more about Community Health Systems, Inc?

Ask a question
always busy and you get to meet a lot of new people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FallbrookFebruary 10, 2014
I worked there for 18 months, never got a raise. They do that whole you should be glad you're even working routine that many companies are doing. I love what I do but you can only take being under appreciated for so long. Co workers are awesome, the people in the community is awesome, just have to do a lot of audits which is good to be the best we can be but it is exhausting.
Pay though is really insulting. Especially when you can work for a good company like Radys or Kaiser for almost double the pay.
Pros
friendly co workers and no Sundays
Cons
horrible pay
A mess in every way
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonJanuary 5, 2014
I worked for this company 2 yrs ago, just to find out they wore broke
lay off after 3 mths later , company did not have money not even for toilet paper i had to bring my own from home.thet shouldn"t hire if they are thinking they can't keep their employees for long, always changing employees , bad place to work if you need money .
Pros
Cons
poor location
Very busy and always changing every week.
Accounts payables (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 28, 2013
Have to track all clinics cash flow
Keep track of petty cash for the clinics and Corporate
Enter in Quickbooks all EFT's and debit from all of the bank accounts
Match invoices with the right PO
Pros
Hour lunch and good benefits
Cons
It's too far for me
Disorganized
Pharmacy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2012
Unfortunately I was trained to do a job I did not get a chance to do because the ground work to implement the system was not put in place before they hired over 40 people to implement their BCMA system consequently leading to layoffs of all who were hired.
Pros
paid for travel, meals, and expenses.
Cons
laid off
Never bored
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2012
Staff diligently involved with tasks at hand. Offer good benefits while offering a family work environment