COMMUNITY HEALTH Employee Reviews

Very supportive, nurturing environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 11, 2017
Everyone I worked with at Community Health was kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate and had the same goals as I did--taking great care of our patients.

Everyone was well trained in their job but did not feel uncomfortable in asking for assistance if they needed it. It did not feel like a judgmental environment at all. Even the managers were happy to help or get you the help you needed.

Management's door was ALWAYS open and ready to listen to anything the employees wanted to discuss and they made the workplace culture very approachable, open, sincere.

I learned a great deal at Community Health and have great respect and fondness for working in a Federally funded environment with such wonderful people!
Pros
The employees, coworkers
Cons
I can't think of any!
CHS is the worst company I've ever worked for
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 10, 2017
CHS is not a good company to work for. They do not care about your life outside of work, health issues or anything that doesn't involve the company. I understand it's a business but their are many people who I know that once they started working at CHS, they had to start anxiety medication and some even for depression. I will never recommend a family member or friend to work at this company.
CNA/Front Desk Receptionist/Billing (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work and would highly recommend a friend to apply if need be. The people there are tight knit like family and that just makes it an overall fun environment, but they are professional and respectful.
Pros
1 hour lunches, holidays off
not real review
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 25, 2017
went to Tri-County RI theyre great and worked with the nurse on immunization stuff for the kids. kids were adorable, it was a bit boring with all the paperwork but overall good. again this was for SCHOOL not an actual job
Pros
cute kids and nice preceptor
Cons
boring paperwork
Rewarding job in caring for others, but low pay and understaffed
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 19, 2017
I enjoy my job and like taking care of others. The drawback is that because of the management, scheduling, and pay, many workers do not stay very long which causes understaffing.
The job is difficult as the patients are not new, but once they know who you are they are OK
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 10, 2017
Would go to the patient, home and make sure they are OK. Take telephone calls for the patient. Make sure he/ she is eating meals on time. Make Sure there is no safety hazard around the patient.
Learned that most people are alone.
Never met or seen a manger. The schedule was given per diem.
Work Place was different each time.
Most of the time the patient would not listen to your instructions.
Some old people are very simple and need help and appreciate what you do for them.
Pros
Learned about the difficulties of OLD AGE
Cons
The locations would change.
Speechless
Director, Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 10, 2016
This is definitely a culture you must be used to or get accustomed to. Most people are definitely committed to providing great service.
Recreation and Parks
Fitness and Aquatics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 1, 2016
Great field to work in, fantastic co-workers, love what I do for a living. The downfall is that the department is not a priority of the elected officials
Productive and hard working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 15, 2016
It is a fine place to work. Great deal of growth. Processes are fine. Salary is decent enough. People are hard working and have a great deal of character.
Compensation Happens Somewhere
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 10, 2016
4 to 6 meetings per day depending on the area you manage. This leaves little room to build your team and perform meaningful work during work hours.

On average most employees work 50 to 60 hours a week, which includes working from home. Even though their isn't a work from home policy. However, is it expected you will work from home.

Salary meets market standard. However, do not expect decent salary increases after you are on-board. Salary increases do not meet cost of living.
Pros
Can wear many hats to enhance your skill set. Great people.
Cons
No work from home policy however expected to work from home, Long hours with no compensation (an extra day off, come late if you worked after hours, etc.) . Management expects you to be available even when on vacation, Little recognition from upper management
Ok company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 9, 2016
Some areas have issues with favoritism while others are slow with promotions. Salaries are not great! Stepping stone...use it to get experience and knowledge.
Pros
Learn a lot of stuff
Cons
Salaries could be better and opportunities as well.
good working experience
Regional Clinical Informaticist (Former Employee) –  remoteNovember 7, 2016
Chs was a great opportunity with many opportunities for professional advancement. This company provides great support to their large numbers of medical facilities.
Very corpoate company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 6, 2016
Not very personal with employees. Micromanagers. You are expected to talk when talked to and behave in a certain manner. No relations with employees at all
A great place to work
RN, Patient Care Coordinator (Site Manager) (Current Employee) –  indianaOctober 17, 2016
Great place to work. Co- workers are friendly and helpful. A good job for someone living in the area and looking for stability. Ability to travel is a plus.
Pros
flexible
Good job IF you like working in a cubical for 10 hours a day
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 8, 2016
Was a good place, nice friendly people. It just isn't a job for people who can't handle being in a cubical all day long. It gets pretty stressful and annoying.
Productive and fun workplace
Infrastructure Deployment Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 7, 2016
Never ending fun meeting customer objectives while interfacing with colleagues and management. Company culture, expectations, meeting deadlines while enjoying colleague interaction.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Bad menu in cafeteria
I enjoyed the people but not upper managment
Security engineer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 6, 2016
I enjoyed the people but not upper management. They will tell you are doing a good job until you feel the knife in your back and pretend they did not know what had happen.
Enjoy working in a productive company
Registrar/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLOctober 4, 2016
Great team to work for and many opportunity to grow within the company. I was able to express my feelings and receive the proper supplies to get my job done on a timely manner. Was kept well informed of company policies and procedure. I worked with a great group of people.
volunteer Experince
No work experience (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2016
I have volunteered at two sites in since I moved to the USA. I would like to experience the wok environment, I am very accommodating, punctual person .I would like to apply my own skills, values and knowledge as well as gain back some of the skills and keep growing.
Advocator
Smoke free Project/Youth Organizers, Advocate (Former Employee) –  13st 7avSeptember 19, 2016
Educate and lead various outreach activities
Edit and design promotional materials
Coordinate details of events such as conferences, charity events, Community Health fair, Community Outreach
Identifying youths’ needs and goals to help the team develop a more comprehensive intervention plan.
Pros
fun
Cons
short break