Community Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Call Center Specialist
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy the challenges the position offers. At first it seemed extremely overwhelming, but now with the support and help of my peers I have more confidence in my ability to understand the patients needs and assist them to the best of my knowledge.
A place to learn and get lots of great experience
Assist the Care Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: Angency annual picnics
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day for me at work when I'm working with my patient and being able to provide all the services they need. I learned how to provide best services with best quality to my patients. I work with great coworkers, we help each other as needed. The hardest part of my job is when you try to have the entire caseload with a core services for the month. The most enjoyable part at my job is, each day you learn something new with your patient and coworkers.
Great staff
Medical Office Specialist II/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: You always have something to do
Cons: Although short staffed at the time, there was great team work.
Very fast paced environment. Always busy from beginning to end. I learned to work hard even if no one is watching. At the end of the day, you're there to provide great quality care for the patients.
Very stressful word place.
Cobra Case Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro managers
Heavy call volume in and out ensuring clients participation with referred programs to obtain need life skills training. Learned other program guidelines and strong service referral links. Co workers very supportive under a strong micro managed environment.
good company
Community Follow-up Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
nice ambiance great leaders and self rewarding job. I loved everything i did in this company
typical day
Medical Office Specialist/Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee), queensDecember 6, 2014
its a fulfilling job. I'm able to interact with the heart of the community and be of a great service to them.
Best years of my nursing career
L.P.N / Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: experience, benefits, supportive collegues and reasonable compliant patients
This was the best years of my career thus far, I worked with a supportive staff as well as a knowledgeable NA who always pushed me to do and want more. Allowing me to be the only charge nurse that was a LPN out of 9 clinics. Unfortunately my mother became ill and I needed to be with her for some time and the hours weren't feasible and I had to move on with much regret but plenty of knowledge.
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, healthfairs, flexible scheduling
Cons: n/a
On a typical day I am looking forward to providing excellent patient care to all my patients whom include adults and children. I learned many things from start to present and that is that if my patients are not happy neither am I. I enjoy working with my coworkers, we all work as a team to help make sure that our workplace is running efficiently and effectively. The hardest part of my job I would say would be drawing blood from children as it pains me to see them in pain but I do my best to make them feel less afraid in the moment. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be ensuring quality care. The best care I know to give because I love to care for others it is my passion.
Racism from Hispanics, horrible , childish and gossiping work environment
Care Manager (Former Employee), BronxSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: limited supervision
This is by far the MOST unprofessional work environment to ever exist. If you are offered a position to work at the Kelly street site, in the Health Homes Care Coordination Department, run and never look back! The Care Coordinators are very juvenile, backstabbing and are not concerned about employees at all, they are only concerned about patients and back billing for service that were never rendered! The Senior Management get their rocks off by trying to intimidate Care Managers with horrible scare tactics, and even witnessed several Care Managers CRYING after horrible " supervision" meetings!! A dedicated Care Manager was stripped of his title and pension right before he was to retire, and this is just a tip of the iceberg that happens at the Kelly Street site, so to all my fellow job seekers, you have been warned!! Lots of the employees has got their positions Bc they were grandfathered in by previous positions held at COBRA, and Bc they are " related" to the disgustingly rude Senior Management, as as a result, lots of culo kissing!!! There is also lots of overt racism from Hispanics towards African Americans, especially if you are Articulate, driven and educated!!!! Overall, pay is not worth the caseload you are provided with, in comparison to other prestigious clinics in NYC.
Peace and Numerous Blessings to All!!
fun environment
RN Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 14, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that everything was done in my power to ensure that the patients within the community were helped in some way, shape or form
work load and risk not worth the compensation, bad management who give empty promises
Custodian (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: health benefits, time off given
Cons: pay rates, bad management
upon my beginning my employment i was to be placed in a higher paying position. being that i was just starting with the company i was placed in a entry level position. upon my year and after continuosly inquiring about the position, i was finally told the the position was not available. so now being placed in a position inwhich i am over qualified for i asked for a raise. the answer was ofcourse no. want to gain experience here while being single and/or living with parents then heres the place for you. want to get paid what youre worth, pay rent and bill and support a family, look elsewhere.
Friendly staff, hardworking clinical and nursing team
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and the BronxJuly 24, 2014
Pros: strong nursing team
Cons: poor management
A typical day at work consists of administering vaccines and medications to the adult and pediatric population. Assisting providers with procedures, for example, pap smears and IUD insertion. Educating women about birth control methods and how to prevent sexually transmitted infections. Monitoring abnormal vital signs, such as, glucose levels, blood pressure readings and high body temperatures. Most days are busy, but my coworkers and I work together as a team to complete daily tasks. I work as a floater for clinics located in Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. It is a challenge not having a weekly work schedule and having to wait until the day of to find out my assignment. I learned how to manage my time wisely and meet the needs of my patients without becoming overwhelmed. Management teams offer monthly meetings to discuss clinical and nursing issues. Few problems are addressed, while the majority are ignored. Overall, I enjoy working with a nursing team that is dedicated to quality patient care.
I really developed my love for consulting at Community Healthcare Network because I had to speak with lots of clientst
Community Dietitian (Former Employee), NY,NYJuly 17, 2014
Very good experience in terms of meeting people from various cultures and socioeconomic status. I felt the company could have provided a more secure environment for it's workers. The turnover rate was high but I was fortunate to have a great boss.,
Its ok I guess
LPN (Former Employee), Caribbean House and HBAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, easy commute
Cons: no advancement and co workers
Typical work day:
Triaging patients
Vaccinations of adults and peds
A lot of paperwork and running around on 2 floors
Working with more than 1 doctor daily

Coworkers:
It depends on what day of the week cause when you work with women from different walks of life its kind of difficult. Very "Caty" environment. A lot of gossiping and favoritism. The clinic I worked at the lunch from is very tiny so if you don't speak with certain individuals its a uncomfortable working environment.

Hardest part of the job would have to be the co workers and The company as a whole. There's no room to grow. They want you to go to school but when you present them with your school schedule they'll make it into a conflict. Work is not shared equally amongst all the staff.
Good
COBRA Case Manager Technician III (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2014
The environment is great and very diplomatic. It is very structured and the pay rate is good as well as health and life insurance.
Great entry level position
HIV Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Williamsburg, NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: medical coverage, sick time off as well as vacation time.
Cons: not much room for growth.
On a typical day of work I would do chart reviews on the patients coming into the clinic. I would be reviewing whether or not they need an HIV or Hepatitis C test offered on their visit. I have learned how a medical clinic runs. I also learned about a lot of the medical and social services New York City provides the HIV population. Management is fine, they are always available to answer questions and assist in difficult situations. Co-workers are important to communication with at all times to keep the work flow going being that we all have to see the patients. But overall you learn a lot from different co-workers, everyone advise on how to deal with difficult patients or how to coordinate who gets to see the patient next to make the most of everyone's time.The hardest part of the day is on the days that there is not enough time to spend with the patient that wants to talk longer. The most enjoyable part of the job is linking people to medical care.
Helping HIV/AIDS clients
Cobra Site Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: putting a smile on the clients face
Cons: dealing with clients who hav lost hope due to their hiv/aids diagnosis
Supervised 3 casemanagement teams serving HIV/AIDS clients. Provided casemanagement supervision. Conduct support groups. Knowledge of enhanced benefits for the client population. Assist with all aspects of the agency. Developed linkages with community resources. The most enjoyable part was to see clients on their medication regimens and building their self esteem without the stigma attached.
Medical Office Specialist
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 5, 2013
Pros: offer health insurance, union, good pay
Great company, many benefits, overall staff is very polite, a typical day at work is checking in and out patients, verify insurance, answer phone calls, scanning
I learned what to take with me and what to leave behind.
Community Health Specialist/HIV Coordinator (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: they target many locations/cultures
Cons: advancement
Good structure and learning; the development of a foundation is everything. Good examples on the meaning of diversity and cultural competency.
This was a temp position
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
Although this was a temp position, I ended up really enjoying working for this company. The people, environment, and the money was very decent.