Community Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Call center specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 9, 2017
Fast paste and productive work environment. Positive vibes great benefits and great energy. Management acknowledges staff hard work and dedication. never a dull moment.
ok.
Community Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed the staff they created a very balanced atmosphere in which it was a pleasure to work in. There was really no opportunity to grow. However, everything was okay.
flexibility, advancement
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 28, 2017
CHN is an ideal work place. I admire that they actually try to stick to the company's mission statement. As with any other work place there are issues with management but CHN attempts to keep their employees happy, for the most part. It's a good place to work for.
Pros
flexibility, pay, advancement opportunities, union
Cons
micro managing
Run for the hills
RN Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Community Healthcare Network is non profit orginization serving the underserved communities.They are all about profit and the employees can burn with gasoline pants .The union does as much as they can.In order to have unity; employees must unite.They are petrified of management.There is a front of community care.Yet all superior managment does not reflect the communities they serve.Most senior managment posts are not held by minorities or women.The few people that was there got fired for frivilous instances.I know the job market is tight ; but save yourself the headaches.
Pros
Guaranteed forced overtime
Cons
Poor Managment lack of understanding
Proactive, Articulate, Leader who works hard and supports the work and staff she integrates with
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2017
My day at work is full of numerous tasks on my agenda that sometimes requires quick thinking and getting through it at a fast pace with the ability in maintaining a good attitude and remaining motivated. I am the front line for the administration staff and work closely with Practice Administrator and Nurse Manager to make sure that the Center is running efficiently and smoothly, under the supervision of the Regional Director. When any issues arise, we do our best to hear the patient out and focus on the CAN DO making sure that I provide optimal customer care and confidant that the patient is satisfied. The hardest part of this job is making sure that you manage your time efficiently and prepare well enough for any mishaps. In the midst of that, making sure no one sees you sweat. It is very important for me to know that my staff sees that have everything is under control. I take the initiative at all times, paying much attention to culture sensitivity, maintain a professional perception at all times and doing all things with an enjoyable spirit. I love that this job entails much responsibility because a challenge is what I continuously love to face. I now that I can always push harder and know that the end results are always very rewarding when passionate. Its admiring to know that others look to you to build, grow and feel supported. Management is not about seating around and watching things go from a distance, but making sure you are constantly getting yourself in it and actively involved. Its about collaborating with the team and going through it all to achieve the ultimate  more... goal.  less
Pros
Great Medical & Dental Benefits, 403B Plan, Educational Assitance Program, Great Vacation Package
Cons
Unpaid Lunche Period, Not able to work over-time, No Union for Management, Limited opportunity to grow
Proceed with caution.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Multiple sitesJanuary 9, 2017
Working with this organization isn't terrible, but there are A LOT of cons. I've encountered too many unprofessional individuals with management positions. Who you know matters here the most. A lot of favoritism and gossip carry on here. If you can get passed all the foolishness, you'll be fine working here. The foolishness does become tiring though.

Management seems to have an issue communicating to staff respectfully.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Seems to be a family and friends bandwagon
Favoritism and inhumane management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The job is not hard but the people in management makes the job difficult. The minute you put your foot down and speak up you become the bad person. All favoritism. People there weren't doing their job before so you're caught up in the person's mess before you. I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, gossip
long and tiring
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2017
a day at that place was half and half you had rude clients and employees. But some of the staff was great and helpful and the hardest part of the job was cleaning up grown people mess
Pros
great pay
Cons
non
Excellent company to work for.
Medical Office Specialist/Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
* Very supportive company, with various training opportunities available
* Excellent work atmosphere, where employees are encouraged to connect with one another and help each other
* Strong mission of helping the community. Employees are reminded daily informally and weekly in emails from President.
* Employees are well-notified of upcoming changes within company
multicultural, uninsured population
Primary Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2016
Unique clinic the provides primary care for mostly non-English speaking clients. Excellent work environment. Hardest part of the job is finding specialty care physicians and obtaining some medications.
Learned that giving instructions to patient has to be culturally sensitive and abundantly clear. Enjoyed the feeling that I am giving care to the truly needy.
Pros
Grateful patients, job satisfaction
Cons
language barriers, limited referral resources, poor EHR system

Want to know more about Community Healthcare Network?

Ask a question
Community Healthcare Network
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 5, 2016
I've been with community healthcare network for 3 1/12 years. My experience with this company has been bitter and sweet. The company has great opportunity to grow with the company, if you know the right people. I'm grateful for the learning experience, my fellow co workers, which became family and the patients that showed appreciation for our services.
Pros
Provides great services for the community
Cons
Most of the higher superiors belittled several staff members
Secure and caring environment to work in
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 28, 2015
I am proud of everyone I work with at Community Healthcare Network. My supervisors are understanding and true leaders and I could not have asked for a better place to work.
Pros
Community, team work
Cons
the pay could be higher
Call Center Specialist
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2015
I enjoy the challenges the position offers. At first it seemed extremely overwhelming, but now with the support and help of my peers I have more confidence in my ability to understand the patients needs and assist them to the best of my knowledge.
A place to learn and get lots of great experience
Assist the Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
A typical day for me at work when I'm working with my patient and being able to provide all the services they need. I learned how to provide best services with best quality to my patients. I work with great coworkers, we help each other as needed. The hardest part of my job is when you try to have the entire caseload with a core services for the month. The most enjoyable part at my job is, each day you learn something new with your patient and coworkers.
Pros
Angency annual picnics
Cons
Short breaks
Great staff
Medical Office Specialist II/Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Always busy from beginning to end. I learned to work hard even if no one is watching. At the end of the day, you're there to provide great quality care for the patients.
Pros
You always have something to do
Cons
Although short staffed at the time, there was great team work.
Very stressful word place.
Cobra Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Heavy call volume in and out ensuring clients participation with referred programs to obtain need life skills training. Learned other program guidelines and strong service referral links. Co workers very supportive under a strong micro managed environment.
Benefits
Cons
Micro Managers
good company
Community Follow-up Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
nice ambiance great leaders and self rewarding job. I loved everything i did in this company
Best years of my nursing career
L.P.N / Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2014
This was the best years of my career thus far, I worked with a supportive staff as well as a knowledgeable NA who always pushed me to do and want more. Allowing me to be the only charge nurse that was a LPN out of 9 clinics. Unfortunately my mother became ill and I needed to be with her for some time and the hours weren't feasible and I had to move on with much regret but plenty of knowledge.
Pros
experience, benefits, supportive collegues and reasonable compliant patients
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
On a typical day I am looking forward to providing excellent patient care to all my patients whom include adults and children. I learned many things from start to present and that is that if my patients are not happy neither am I. I enjoy working with my coworkers, we all work as a team to help make sure that our workplace is running efficiently and effectively. The hardest part of my job I would say would be drawing blood from children as it pains me to see them in pain but I do my best to make them feel less afraid in the moment. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be ensuring quality care. The best care I know to give because I love to care for others it is my passion.
Pros
Free lunches, healthfairs, flexible scheduling
Cons
N/a
Racism from Hispanics, horrible , childish and gossiping work environment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  BronxSeptember 29, 2014
This is by far the MOST unprofessional work environment to ever exist. If you are offered a position to work at the Kelly street site, in the Health Homes Care Coordination Department, run and never look back! The Care Coordinators are very juvenile, backstabbing and are not concerned about employees at all, they are only concerned about patients and back billing for service that were never rendered! The Senior Management get their rocks off by trying to intimidate Care Managers with horrible scare tactics, and even witnessed several Care Managers CRYING after horrible " supervision" meetings!! A dedicated Care Manager was stripped of his title and pension right before he was to retire, and this is just a tip of the iceberg that happens at the Kelly Street site, so to all my fellow job seekers, you have been warned!! Lots of the employees has got their positions Bc they were grandfathered in by previous positions held at COBRA, and Bc they are " related" to the disgustingly rude Senior Management, as as a result, lots of culo kissing!!! There is also lots of overt racism from Hispanics towards African Americans, especially if you are Articulate, driven and educated!!!! Overall, pay is not worth the caseload you are provided with, in comparison to other prestigious clinics in NYC.
Peace and Numerous Blessings to All!!
Pros
Limited supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8