Community Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJune 9, 2017
I currently manage 3 IMCU units. I have learned a tremendous amount managing over 100 employees. My employees would describe me as "fair." The workplace culture I strive for is that of productivity and quality patient care. I set my expectations high and strive to exceed them. The hardest part of my job is when you consistently follow the policies and procedures uniformly across the board, which I consistently do, its hard when the you really want to go easy on a high performer but can't. This is why my employees would describe me as fair. It is rewarding when you are running a large unit and you see your patient satisfactions scores in the 90th percentiles in all domains!
Pros
flexible
Cons
Few senior staff positions available
Radiology
Xray technologist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJune 7, 2017
Great coworkers. Constantly understaffed and working short. Anything to save money on staffing. Although the hospital makes a lot of money. As a non for profit hospital you can see how much money it makes on a .gov website. Management plays favorites and only cares about patient perception not actual patient care.
Prejudice
Registered Anesthesia Nurse (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 28, 2017
Very prejudice people in the hospital. I wouldn't recommend anyone of color thats a minority to apply to this hospital..... If you are they expect you to either serve food or push a broom or mop!!!!!!! Don't apply management is awful even when you tell them about racial encounters
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Prejudice and just plain with no taste
Quality patient care provided
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 20, 2017
Managed daily operations, financial and strategic planning, staff development. Most difficult aspect of the position was providing necessary patient care services with decreasing reimbursements. Most enjoyable was leading individuals and teams to reach organizational goals.
Not so great
Sr. Contract Management Analyst - CHS (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 16, 2017
Management is unprofessional. Would be great if fairness was mandatory. Management lacks honesty. Not a good place to be for those who look to advance from their hard work and skillset.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bonus Structure and Management are both horrible
Flexible job status - Employee's ability to coordinate work hours/shift.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 18, 2017
I would recommend them as a home health agency to someone knowing good care is provided, that is a must as trying to attain a good reputation as an employee to clients, it obtains staff to bring responsibility, determination & hard work. Due to only being offered a part-time employee as the only given opportunity available for a nurse aide position, with that I couldn't attain or qualify for any benefits, had no employee perks as paid time or sick time,etc. No raises guaranteed no matter how long working/worked. No good employee recognition for over achieving work ethics being their companies highly rated home health aide by their clients. But overall I can say employee wise isn't noticed the greatest but hard work is put in and given and having a communicated group of work partners and working great as a group effort makes our work and our personalities at work while working extremely well-organized, professionally focused & determined
Pros
Local home health. Good teamwork/communication. Also great work scheduling/hours.
Cons
Salary, Benefits - Didn't qualify.
Typical work week
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Onaga, KSJanuary 16, 2017
Working in hostile environment. Manager cracks jokes about family and spouse. Treated as though we are all 12 years old, well those who are not part of the "inner circle" Can't go to HR as then entire facility from CFO to current Manager are related or are close friends. Manager and Supervisor talk about others in manager's office and on phones so that other staff can hear.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
Manager
Various departments, teamwork matters.
Travel Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work includes in the Eligibility Screening Services department includes completion of high volumes of inventory with sensitive billing periods. I learned a great deal of time management and effective team work. Management was not as effective or engaging compared to communicating with co-workers. Teamwork and building relationships with co-workers made not only the daily work flow easier to navigate through, but also created a positive environment to work in. The hardest part of the job is finding common ground in work related issues with management. Knowing that a patient received the proper care from my abilities makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
beautiful courtyard
Cons
lack of employee empathy
Please do not apply.
Eligibility Screen Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
This company do not value there workers non the community they service. Head quarters are location in Franklin Tennessee and not aware of the laws in the different states they have companies in. I must say I have worked with great co-works that is dedicated to serving the community. At my location we all quit at the same time because we was not even the support we needed to complete our jobs. Please do not apply.
worse place to work.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  hobart,indianaJanuary 31, 2016
The old establishment was great. Years ago. Now with new management and uncaring directors,the numbers continue to fall rapidly from surveys,good workers and overall morale. Plagued with nepotism,favoritism,racism and a corrupt political system network that rewards the unqualified idiots and punishes its harder working seasoned employees.
Pros
there are none.
Cons
plenty of those.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoy working for CHS , GOOD WORK ENVIROMENT. Need to give more raises to keep their empolyees. CHS great company for our community, just what our hospital needed.
enjoyable workplace in the community
Emergency/Acute RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSNovember 23, 2015
Enjoyable, clean workplace with supportive management. Small community clinic with friendly atmosphere. Varied patients from emergency to home health.
Helping people in any way I can
Certified Medical Assistant / Medical Terminology (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 21, 2015
A typical day for me is a non stop office, a lot of multi tasking and making decision immediately but never be careless. Phone never stops ringing and making sure that every patient and person is number one. Work with a lot of woman so of course we all have different personalities but just smile and you will get through your day. In the end we all work as a team and we get the job done. Team work is the key. The most enjoyable part of my day is when my patients tell me they don't know what they would do without me. Makes my day and I feel like I am making a difference doesn't matter how small it is. I made them smile at the end of the day they did the same for me.
Pros
Get to walk my puppies at lunch time
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
being a nurse
Hospices nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAOctober 15, 2015
I would show up on time like clock work get meals and chors done around the home for the client making sure they took there meds and helping them in the showers or bath. I Had fun with them wish I had hours to be there
Program manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 12, 2015
People are willing to help wherever you go in this place. Everyone is always ready to do the work regardless of what it takes. They always do it with a smile on their faces.
Excellent Opportunities
Regional Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 24, 2015
I have been given many opportunities to better my working abilites. I have worn several different hats being with the company. This has been an excellent place to work and I have truly enjoyed by years of serve here.
Pros
Friendly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Turn overs due to not enough training
Great place to work!
Operational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, IndianaAugust 28, 2015
Community Healthcare System takes genuine interest in their employees, always taking suggestions on things that need attention. Patient care was always top notch.
productive work environment
Staff/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Munster, INApril 11, 2015
collaborative team approach
supportive work environment
good relationship between doctors and nursing staff
most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients in remission
Family atmosphere
Acute Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, KSDecember 17, 2014
Family atmosphere among staff and patients. Nurses currently provide total care of patients with excellent collaboration of other members of treatment team. Great overall learning opportunities.
Good & Bad
SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Munster, INSeptember 7, 2012
***good employees
***departments well organized
***managers don't share ideas well
***employees scared to voice their opinions
Pros
breaks
Cons
benefits to high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4