COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK Employee Reviews

Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 14, 2017
Brite, clean, environment. Of course every place has its issues, but for the most part no drama. Some employees have been allowed to slack off on their duties. I like going to work everyday. ..
Pros
Benefits, location, hours
Cons
Support staff not very supportive, parking.
Good experience....
Supported Housing Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Very diverse, and nice workplace to obtain experience in the human services field. I enjoyed working with the clients and improving the quality of life of people I served.
Good place to work, close to home
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 2, 2017
I have been working for this company for nearly a decade, Mental Health professionals have some of the hardest jobs in an ever expanding field. If you have a desire to work in the field you don't need to be told that it is one of the most difficult sectors to work in. There are days I wake up and want a new job like any other person in the human services but CHL takes care to provide for their employees with ample time off for vacation and holidays.

Management is reasonable and understand and try hard to look out for their employees. Many people are hired while in school and they help develop their skills to be marketable professionals whether their goals are within the companies services or in a different field.

The program is a 24 hour service so there is a time slot for every lifestyle with flexibility to manage your life around work.
Pros
Hours, Benefits
Cons
Health care is not easy
Chl
Registered Nurse- Admissions and Detox (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 2, 2017
This job is great for learning experience. I have learned how important having an open mind for this population is. Management also works hard to be flexible with requested days off.
Cons
short staffed at times
Good people and environment.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2016
Supportive colleagues and overall positive environment. Emphasis placed on training and development. Usual challenges associated with community mental health.
Too bad zero stars isn't an option.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 12, 2016
this is the most corrupt establishment that I have ever worked for. The management is honestly the root to this chaos. It's pretty pathetic when the monthly schedule is posted with more mandatory shifts that are left empty than there are shifts that are covered. How does that work? Although you will never see management around after 4:00 on "a late day". A typical day at work at CHL is walking into a short staffed shift followed by a short staffed next shift which often results in mandatory overtime. The staff burnout is easily overlooked by program directors and upper management. The inconsistency makes the work environment unbareable. While management sits around with an ego that is "untouchable" the programs are just falling apart. The staff turnover rate is so high that you often are being trained as a new employee by someone who is also in training. They will hire anyone to just have a body available to look good for DPH visits and to prevent mandates but they hire under qualified staff because anyone with any compassion and knowledge about addiction won't settle for this place. You know your program is a wreck when your offering one position to multiple staff just to keep them for a little longer because you're so desperate for employees. This place is a joke. Honestly, not that a pay cut would be likely elsewhere, but if you're offered a job will even less pay, take it before you get sucked into this place.
Pros
The clients are great.
Cons
Management is absolutely horrible.
If hired, go to work and mind your business
Crisis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 15, 2016
Drama filled company. This company does not look out for their employees and for their future. If you ask for trainings to further your understanding of the company and procedures they will throw up red flags. Do your work and just go home.
Pros
Sick time and personal time
Money hungry company
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 3, 2016
Don't care much about the clients, it's all about money. I worked there for almost 2 years and it was all about impressing DMH. Management was difficult to work with.
Pros
several Worcester locations
Cons
terrible management
It's Human Services...
Minion (Current Employee) –  Locally AssignedDecember 19, 2015
Love working for CHL due to my amazing co-workers and supportive middle/lower management . Upper management is a bit lack luster, and focused primarily on giving negative feed back, instead of fostering strengths to build employees up, and assist in being part of the solution. If you are looking to stay stagnant and not move up internally, then this is the place for you!
Pros
Wonderful and supportive co-workers/middle lower management
Cons
Health insurance cost, Union
Great supportive team!
Community Support Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MADecember 1, 2015
Great company to work for. My management and my coworkers are supportive and easy to get along with. My day goes by fast because I like what I do.
Great experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2015
The people I have worked with at CHL have taught me so much. I've learned how to work in interdisciplinary teams. I've also learned how important good communication is for a healthier and comfortable work environment. Management isn't always the best but it depends on what program you work for and how much they love what they do. My coworkers are amazing and I've been able to learn something from each and every one of them- From nurses, to clinicians, to other case managers or counselors. The most enjoyable part of the jobs that I have worked for is that I can make a positive difference in the lives of the youth I get the opportunity to work with.
Pros
great vacation time and the union is very helpful
Cons
short breaks, not enough training, and low pay
Helping the Homeless and Substance abuser
Medical Secretary /Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 5, 2015
I loved helping those that were in need of help. The popularity that has grown thru out the years has made me look at life differently. Their are people crying out for help and don't have the knowledge on were to start. Being able to guide them in the right direction me feel good that I am able to help the community.
Pros
Helping the less unfortunate
Cons
Lack of security
the puppy mill of human services
Out Patient Clinician / Behavioral Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worcester MAAugust 10, 2015
productivity, billable hours, the bottom line; these are the priority of the agency. They are moving to open access September 1st - where some clients aren't scheduled regular appointments because they aren't weekly or have had cancellations. So they must come in and wait for triage and get minimal care from whoever is on call that day.
Pros
co workers are friendly
Cons
management recently changed entire work culture
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2015
Constant change in management. Changes in hiring processes. Worked the entire 7 1/2 hours no breaks allowed by one manager.
Pros
time off
Cons
strict company
great place to work if you are a retired person or just entering the workforce.
Family support and Youth support worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2015
Community Healthlink is a social organization, and seeks to render services to the disadvantaged population, I think that is an admirable quality for any company.
you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction
Finance (Former Employee) –  worcester, maJune 26, 2015
When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself. you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction. You go with the flow. Sarcastic people to work with and tons of job to do. software from 1990 and Windows XP!!!! good luck to you.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
computer software from 1990 and old versions of sage, should i say more?
Clients are great, management corrupt
RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 25, 2015
RNs are expected to work in unsafe staffing conditions with little to no support from management. Quick to discipline or terminate. RNs are held responsible for every action on the floor and disciplined accordingly even for errors made by UAPs. Medical recommendations are largely ignored. Custodial and clerical work is continuously piled on with little regard for the quality of care the patients are receiving.

However, the clients are fantastic and the only reason to stay or become involved is to ensure they receive competent care.

If you're up for a challenge and have a thick skin, the job can be very rewarding.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No breaks for nurses, lots of clerical duties, no support from management, unsafe at times.
great team to help you
RC (Former Employee) –  MAJune 8, 2015
Great co-workers: however, management needs work. Your work performance is judged by program directors who are never there.When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself
Pros
generally good people
Cons
minimal to no communication with managers/directors
Trying to do the best with the least
Employee (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 21, 2015
Organization is trying to exist in the 21st century using processes, tools and technology of the 1970's. Employee turnover rate hovers in the 35% range with no plan or intention of reducing it.
Pros
Doing its best to provide health and human services to those who need them most.
Cons
Extremely reactive environment, very top-down leadership model, innovation and creativity are discouraged.
Community Healthlink provides many different mental/primary health services to disadvantaged populations within the community.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2014
Community Healthlink provides allows their employees to service members of the community. Working with populations that are disadvantaged may prove difficult at times, but is also very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8