COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK

COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK Employee Reviews in United States

Responsible, hardworking individual with excellent customer service skills.
Café Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2016
Team player, staff training experience, management/supervisor experience,excellent organizational skills, open and flexible approach to staff, quick learner
Great experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2015
The people I have worked with at CHL have taught me so much. I've learned how to work in interdisciplinary teams. I've also learned how important good communication is for a healthier and comfortable work environment. Management isn't always the best but it depends on what program you work for and how much they love what they do. My coworkers are amazing and I've been able to learn something from each and every one of them- From nurses, to clinicians, to other case managers or counselors. The most enjoyable part of the jobs that I have worked for is that I can make a positive difference in the lives of the youth I get the opportunity to work with.
Pros
great vacation time and the union is very helpful
Cons
short breaks, not enough training, and low pay
Helping the Homeless and Substance abuser
Medical Secretary /Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 5, 2015
I loved helping those that were in need of help. The popularity that has grown thru out the years has made me look at life differently. Their are people crying out for help and don't have the knowledge on were to start. Being able to guide them in the right direction me feel good that I am able to help the community.
Pros
Helping the less unfortunate
Cons
Lack of security
the puppy mill of human services
Out Patient Clinician / Behavioral Consultant (Current Employee) –  Worcester MAAugust 10, 2015
productivity, billable hours, the bottom line; these are the priority of the agency. They are moving to open access September 1st - where some clients aren't scheduled regular appointments because they aren't weekly or have had cancellations. So they must come in and wait for triage and get minimal care from whoever is on call that day.
Pros
co workers are friendly
Cons
management recently changed entire work culture
Great supportive team!
Community Support Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MADecember 1, 2015
Great company to work for. My management and my coworkers are supportive and easy to get along with. My day goes by fast because I like what I do.
you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction
Finance (Former Employee) –  worcester, maJune 26, 2015
When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself. you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction. You go with the flow. Sarcastic people to work with and tons of job to do. software from 1990 and Windows XP!!!! good luck to you.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
computer software from 1990 and old versions of sage, should i say more?
Clients are great, management corrupt
RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 25, 2015
RNs are expected to work in unsafe staffing conditions with little to no support from management. Quick to discipline or terminate. RNs are held responsible for every action on the floor and disciplined accordingly even for errors made by UAPs. Medical recommendations are largely ignored. Custodial and clerical work is continuously piled on with little regard for the quality of care the patients are receiving.

However, the clients are fantastic and the only reason to stay or become involved is to ensure they receive competent care.

If you're up for a challenge and have a thick skin, the job can be very rewarding.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No breaks for nurses, lots of clerical duties, no support from management, unsafe at times.
great team to help you
RC (Former Employee) –  MAJune 8, 2015
Great co-workers: however, management needs work. Your work performance is judged by program directors who are never there.When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself
Pros
generally good people
Cons
minimal to no communication with managers/directors
great place to work if you are a retired person or just entering the workforce.
Family support and Youth support worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2015
Community Healthlink is a social organization, and seeks to render services to the disadvantaged population, I think that is an admirable quality for any company.
Trying to do the best with the least
Employee (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 21, 2015
Organization is trying to exist in the 21st century using processes, tools and technology of the 1970's. Employee turnover rate hovers in the 35% range with no plan or intention of reducing it.
Pros
Doing its best to provide health and human services to those who need them most.
Cons
Extremely reactive environment, very top-down leadership model, innovation and creativity are discouraged.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2015
Constant change in management. Changes in hiring processes. Worked the entire 7 1/2 hours no breaks allowed by one manager.
Pros
time off
Cons
strict company
Worcester Beryl's House
Resadential counseler (Former Employee) –  Worcester ... Beryl's HouseOctober 12, 2014
Very bad management of the house . Program directer and manager of the house are very clicky and are never at the house . Spend most of their time out with each other . No training . Learn as you go . Women who live their are great teachers just ask them how things are run... When a confect comes up you will not have a chance to speak or defend your self two the management.. They do not proved surport ...
Pros
love helping the clients
Cons
work hard but management could care less
Thankless but rewarding all the same
Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2014
A typical day is not typical. Everyday presents a new set of challenges that require a delicate response.
There is a great wealth of knowledge inside those walls... you just have to know where to look.
Most positions are thankless other than knowing you helped someone move ahead in life; better equipped to deal with their own personal demons.
While I freely admit I hated it (practices and management)... I loved working with the clients.

Seeing them advance is an amazing feeling.
Pros
helping people. great starting point.
Cons
pay, staff support, scheduling
Community Healthlink provides many different mental/primary health services to disadvantaged populations within the community.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2014
Community Healthlink provides allows their employees to service members of the community. Working with populations that are disadvantaged may prove difficult at times, but is also very rewarding.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MaAugust 13, 2013
The days always consisted of collecting rent payments from clients, going out and meeting new landlords. Assisting clients with issues an concerns. I learned to deal with people who had dual diagnosis issues. ie substance abuse and mental. Management was good always willing and able to not only listen but help when and if I ever had a concern. My co workers were the best part. A good group of people always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part for me was when a client passed away. The best part for me was feeling as though I helped someone, by finding them a place to live, setting them up with services or by simply listening to them!
Flexible Work place with oppurtunity for advancement but a gossip enviorment that effects work enviorment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 17, 2013
CHL was a great place to work as I was able to gain skills in many areas such as working with addicts to help better themselves. I moved on as a Residential Counselor to a short term case manager for the homeless population. I learned how to connect clients to available resources in the comunity.
made some great friends. love many of my patients.
nurse (Former Employee) –  worcester maMay 3, 2013
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Corruption at the top makes life difficult for working staff and ghastly for the patients.
Pros
stronger individual learning how to overcome the convolution and disfunction
Cons
lazy staffing unwilling to do their jobs, management does nothing about it. infact management is a huge part of the problem.
horrible place to work....
LPN (Former Employee) –  worcester maMay 22, 2013
The seniority is horrible, being a union job, some of the nurses have been there so long they could be furniture....the managers are quick to throw you under the bus. Too many agency workers, ANd thn't like to pay over time. Training was horrible. They throw you to the wolves.
Productive workspace and challenging
Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 29, 2012
Community Healthlink is a great company to work for. They are continuously looking for greater opportunities to improve the quality of service we provide for out clients.
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
short breaks
Intense yet rewarding job
CBAT Clinician, (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 1, 2014
Intense yet rewarding job, never a dull moment.Great benefits. Downside is Salary doesn't cover actual time on job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
salary doesn't cover actual time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8