COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK Employee Reviews

Enjoyed co-workers, an in-this-together prevailing attitude
Res. Counselor Residential Treatment Program (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 24, 2017
This employee's experience at CHL was that it was not supportive to employees who worked direct service. We had a union and a very good union rep, who helped us. I attended some bargaining meetings and they were "them against us." Administrators bullied and were condescending. They begrudged giving in to anything employees wanted, particularly a couple of hundred dollars a year in raises. 2 of my supervisors were excellent and the others ranged between poor and abusive. I did have some wonderful collaborations with other staff and interns. These are my pleasant memories.
Large turn over
High risk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester County, MASeptember 19, 2017
Great clients and very fun atmosphere however if you don't bend to management when they ask you will be ostracized despite hard work and dedication. There's very little room for growth as well.
career growth
Clinician III Substance Abuse, Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 19, 2017
potential for career growth if a person wishes for such. no micro management which I love very much but if you are a person who needs micro management not for you.
Work environment with a purpose
Preschool Consultant/Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 11, 2017
The people at Community Healthlink are committed to their work and with helping people in the community. The work here gives you a sense of purpose and a role within community.
I enjoy the people I work with
Intensive Care Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 8, 2017
Its a great environment to be in. I enjoy being around my coworkers and being apart of a team. Everyone is welcoming and everyone likes to help everyone.
Rewarding to work with at risk teens
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 6, 2017
The councilors by and large were a cohesive team. Some boundary issues from less experienced staff. Clinical team in program very professional and helpful. Certain member of upper management on the other hand was just horrible. I have never felt so humiliated or been spoken to in such a disgusting manner. Shocking for someone working in mental health.
Pros
Good team of residential councelors, decent vacation time, mostly positive environment
Cons
Borderline abusive upper management, lousy pay
A good place to start, or end, your career in Human Services
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 29, 2017
Community Healthlink has a vision of helping those in need move into a space in their lives where they can be self sufficient. Whether it be through homeless advocacy and prevention to addiction recovery services.

As an employee it is a great place to begin or end your career but it is not the place to grow in. Stagnant wages, low career advancement, minimal support for training are the points this company must address if they wish to retain people looking to grow and advance.

As stated in my summary, if you are just out of school and looking to be thrown into the deep end to ensure that this is truly what you want for your professional career; Community Healthlink is the place to be. And if you are looking to retire working with flexible hours doing what you love, this is also the place for you. If you are looking to grow, you may need to find somewhere else to be.
Pros
Flexible schedules, decent benefits
Cons
Very little training/advancement
Indifferent
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2017
Though the job can be very demanding, the lack of supervisor support has been extremely poor over the last 6 months. since the job is demanding supervisor support is critical and the supervisors they've hired at Beryl's House are unwilling to provide the support needed for residential counselors to do their job properly.
CHL is an amazing company to work for
Overnight Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  beryls houseAugust 25, 2017
Although the specific program i work at is unsatisfactory, CHL itself is a great place to work. I would suggest CHL to family and friends, but i would advise them to stay away from certain residential program clusters.
They Have All The Right Ideas But Have No Clue How To Put Them In Motion
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2017
I love helping people and I used to love my job, but things are not improving at CHL. The benefits are great, but the pay is aweful for what we do and how much they expect of us. We are severely short-staffed and yet management keeps giving us more to do. They're piling on the paperwork, really, and it's gotten to the point where I am spending less time with the clients and more time documenting everything.

In the beginning I was able to see ALL my clients (8 per case manager) every day, but now we're so under-staffed that I end up with 16 or more clients to see on some days and I will actually only have time to see 4 or 5 of them. While I really don't care that I have to work extra hard, I DO care that the clients are NOT getting the time and attention they need. Management will listen to our complaints and then go about their business, adding more and more paperwork to our jobs duties.
Pros
Excellent benefits and perks
Cons
Out-of-touch management, short-staffed means poor customer care
Community Health
Motivating Youth Recovery (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 24, 2017
Working with the youths in this program was always fun, some days were harder than other but for the most part it was a great time working for this company.
Positive work and community intervention
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 21, 2017
My job was to provided individual counseling support to individuals with sever chronic emotional health to assist them daily to keep them from returning to long term care at the local state hospital. Our clients were older adults who have been in out of the state hospital for most of their life due to chronic mental health issues. Our team provided in home support from counseling, psychiatric, nursing and case management. We were a Pact or ACT team. I engaged in individual CBT counseling with those individuals who were emotional able and supported the others by spending quality time with them in their homes or in the community to support them.
The hardest part of my job was watching these individuals suffer from their emotional trauma, leading them to struggle in their daily life. The best part of my job was when the individual felt well enough or trusted he/she would be safe enough to leave with house with me to go out to lunch or to the library.
Typical Day in CHL as a Residential Counselor
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 7, 2017
• Medication Administration
• Provide and teach skills for daily living and support
• Write and implement treatment plans
• Provide crisis management services
• Facilitate rehabilitation group meeting
Medical Field
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 14, 2017
It great to help out the less fortunate in the medical field. They are great medical staff that only wants the best for their clients. They will go above and beyond for what needs to be done.
Great
Youth Mobile Crisis Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 21, 2017
Working here is great! I enjoy working with children and families who are in crisis. Great team work. The workplace is welcoming. Great support from the supervisor.
No room to grow
Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MaMay 8, 2017
There is no room to grow in this organization. In order to receive a higher salary, you must move into management. All of the management positions are taken, and no one is going anywhere.
Management Makes This Company Horrible
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 26, 2017
If you are not in the union, make sure you don't mess up once because you will be fired without cause. This company cares about the money and nothing else, they don't pay well as I was in charge and making less money than 3 of my employees who were under me. Upper management is disconnected and horrible and the compliance officer is a joke. Stay away if you want a long term job in the company as you will have no security,
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Everything Else
They Arent All That Great
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 30, 2017
I'm really shocked by this company! it wasn't what i expected it to be at all. I was really disappointed in the way the treated me. Wouldn't recommend it
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2017
Community Healthlink is a great agency to work for. They really care about their employees. Community Healthlink has incorporated an intergrated care model that is geared towards a patients complete needs.
stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler St, WorcesterMarch 9, 2017
Horrible place to work. Upper management does not care about their staff. They claim they want employee feedback and tell you that your input is valuable but in reality they don't take your hard work or your feedback into consideration. You feel as though you are worth nothing. Horribly under staffed but they don't care to spend money to hire more staff and unfortunately the staff and clients suffer the consequences. The pay is absolutely ridiculous as well.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
horrible management, lousy wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8