COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK

COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK Employer Reviews

Thankless but rewarding all the same
Worker (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: helping people. great starting point.
Cons: pay, staff support, scheduling
A typical day is not typical. Everyday presents a new set of challenges that require a delicate response.
There is a great wealth of knowledge inside those walls... you just have to know where to look.
Most positions are thankless other than knowing you helped someone move ahead in life; better equipped to deal with their own personal demons.
While – more... I freely admit I hated it (practices and management)... I loved working with the clients.

Seeing them advance is an amazing feeling. – less
fun, good co workers
Intensive Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great supervision
Cons: very sttressful
good co workers; very supportive of each other and the daily work; good supervision
salaried clinician review
School Based Therapist (Current Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 20, 2014
Great supervision and fairly decent benefits but 37.5 hour work week. Also there are payroll issues although the pay rate is average. Opportunities for advancement within company.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester, MaAugust 13, 2013
The days always consisted of collecting rent payments from clients, going out and meeting new landlords. Assisting clients with issues an concerns. I learned to deal with people who had dual diagnosis issues. ie substance abuse and mental. Management was good always willing and able to not only listen but help when and if I ever had a concern. My co – more... workers were the best part. A good group of people always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part for me was when a client passed away. The best part for me was feeling as though I helped someone, by finding them a place to live, setting them up with services or by simply listening to them! – less
I had great supervisors
Clinician (Part-time) (Former Employee), Clinton, MAJuly 10, 2013
This was a large company but had the feel of a supportive community within my department.
horrible place to work....
LPN (Former Employee), worcester maMay 22, 2013
The seniority is horrible, being a union job, some of the nurses have been there so long they could be furniture....the managers are quick to throw you under the bus. Too many agency workers, ANd thn't like to pay over time. Training was horrible. They throw you to the wolves.
made some great friends. love many of my patients.
nurse (Former Employee), worcester maMay 3, 2013
Pros: stronger individual learning how to overcome the convolution and disfunction
Cons: lazy staffing unwilling to do their jobs, management does nothing about it. infact management is a huge part of the problem.
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Corruption at the top makes life difficult for working staff and ghastly for the patients.
Flexible Work place with oppurtunity for advancement but a gossip enviorment that effects work enviorment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 17, 2013
CHL was a great place to work as I was able to gain skills in many areas such as working with addicts to help better themselves. I moved on as a Residential Counselor to a short term case manager for the homeless population. I learned how to connect clients to available resources in the comunity.
Busy working place with an excellent team and leadership having excellent results with those we are serving.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 1, 2012
Pros: the support of the clinical director and clinical supervisor. the team that i serve with is awesome.
Cons: low compensation for the services rendered.
* A typical work day is working with clients with dual diagnosis of substance abuse and mental health. Do assessments, treatment plans, do individual counseling, group therapy, interventions, documentation of charts, insurance reviews, interviews for admission, outplacement preparation for aftercare, aftercare planning.

* I have learned so much in – more... the last 3.5 years. I am so much bettter clinician with providing therapy to the clients with Motivational Interviewing, Reality Psychotherapy along with being PTSD sensitive with the clients. I am a lot better with documentation with the charts.

* Management: Clinical Director and the Clinical Supervisor have provided support, encouragement and guidance for me to be a better clinician.

* Co-workers: Overall, we are an incredible team, building off of our individual strengths to be a better team in providing outstanding services to the clients with excellent results.

* Hardest part of the job: When clients are highly resistant to the therapy or counseling that we are providing for promoting change for sobriety and especially when they elope or leave the program to go out and use again. It's can be crushing when they leave and die in a short-time after an overdose.

* The most enjoyable part of the job: When I know that I am making a difference in the lives of those that I serve. When their life changes and they get themselves and their family back. – less
Fruitful love the helping people
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: managing a house of people
Cons: not breaks
When I first get in work had to look at daily log, and then checked in with co-work on med log. Then I would started dinner with one of the house mates that live there in the residence. If one of the house mates needed to go out to the bank or shopping, I would take them to do their daily living activities.
productive and encouraging
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 5, 2012
I did an a summer internship with the HR dept, they were very helpful, considerate, and encouraging..
Productive workspace and challenging
Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 29, 2012
Pros: helping those in need
Cons: short breaks
Community Healthlink is a great company to work for. They are continuously looking for greater opportunities to improve the quality of service we provide for out clients.

About COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK

Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless – Read more