COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK

COMMUNITY HEALTHLINK Employee Reviews

Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: time off
Cons: strict company
Constant change in management. Changes in hiring processes. Worked the entire 7 1/2 hours no breaks allowed by one manager.
great place to work if you are a retired person or just entering the workforce.
Family support and Youth support worker (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2015
Community Healthlink is a social organization, and seeks to render services to the disadvantaged population, I think that is an admirable quality for any company.
you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction
Finance (Former Employee), worcester, maJune 26, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: computer software from 1990 and old versions of sage, should i say more?
When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself. you are in the dark, manage does not manage you or guide you, no direction. You go with the flow. Sarcastic people to work with and tons of job to do. software from 1990 and Windows XP!!!! good luck to you.
Clients are great, management corrupt
RN (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Clients
Cons: No breaks for nurses, lots of clerical duties, no support from management, unsafe at times.
RNs are expected to work in unsafe staffing conditions with little to no support from management. Quick to discipline or terminate. RNs are held responsible for every action on the floor and disciplined accordingly even for errors made by UAPs. Medical recommendations are largely ignored. Custodial and clerical work is continuously piled on with little regard for the quality of care the patients are receiving.

However, the clients are fantastic and the only reason to stay or become involved is to ensure they receive competent care.

If you're up for a challenge and have a thick skin, the job can be very rewarding.
great team to help you
RC (Former Employee), MAJune 8, 2015
Pros: generally good people
Cons: minimal to no communication with managers/directors
Great co-workers: however, management needs work. Your work performance is judged by program directors who are never there.When a problem comes up, instead of any kind or warning, or communicating with you, they are quick to terminate you without giving a chance to correct the problem or defend yourself
Trying to do the best with the least
Employee (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Doing its best to provide health and human services to those who need them most.
Cons: Extremely reactive environment, very top-down leadership model, innovation and creativity are discouraged.
Organization is trying to exist in the 21st century using processes, tools and technology of the 1970's. Employee turnover rate hovers in the 35% range with no plan or intention of reducing it.
Community Healthlink provides many different mental/primary health services to disadvantaged populations within the community.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2014
Community Healthlink provides allows their employees to service members of the community. Working with populations that are disadvantaged may prove difficult at times, but is also very rewarding.
Worcester Beryl's House
Resadential counseler (Former Employee), Worcester ... Beryl's HouseOctober 12, 2014
Pros: love helping the clients
Cons: work hard but management could care less
Very bad management of the house . Program directer and manager of the house are very clicky and are never at the house . Spend most of their time out with each other . No training . Learn as you go . Women who live their are great teachers just ask them how things are run... When a confect comes up you will not have a chance to speak or defend your self two the management.. They do not proved surport ...
Great People!
Crisis Stabilization Unit Counselor (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 11, 2014
The agency is great! I just wished they paid more for the work that we do.
Intense yet rewarding job
CBAT Clinician, (Full-time) (Current Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary doesn't cover actual time
Intense yet rewarding job, never a dull moment.Great benefits. Downside is Salary doesn't cover actual time on job.
Thankless but rewarding all the same
Worker (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: helping people. great starting point.
Cons: pay, staff support, scheduling
A typical day is not typical. Everyday presents a new set of challenges that require a delicate response.
There is a great wealth of knowledge inside those walls... you just have to know where to look.
Most positions are thankless other than knowing you helped someone move ahead in life; better equipped to deal with their own personal demons.
While I freely admit I hated it (practices and management)... I loved working with the clients.

Seeing them advance is an amazing feeling.
fun, good co workers
Intensive Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great supervision
Cons: very sttressful
good co workers; very supportive of each other and the daily work; good supervision
salaried clinician review
School Based Therapist (Current Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 20, 2014
Great supervision and fairly decent benefits but 37.5 hour work week. Also there are payroll issues although the pay rate is average. Opportunities for advancement within company.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester, MaAugust 13, 2013
The days always consisted of collecting rent payments from clients, going out and meeting new landlords. Assisting clients with issues an concerns. I learned to deal with people who had dual diagnosis issues. ie substance abuse and mental. Management was good always willing and able to not only listen but help when and if I ever had a concern. My co workers were the best part. A good group of people always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part for me was when a client passed away. The best part for me was feeling as though I helped someone, by finding them a place to live, setting them up with services or by simply listening to them!
I had great supervisors
Clinician (Part-time) (Former Employee), Clinton, MAJuly 10, 2013
This was a large company but had the feel of a supportive community within my department.
horrible place to work....
LPN (Former Employee), worcester maMay 22, 2013
The seniority is horrible, being a union job, some of the nurses have been there so long they could be furniture....the managers are quick to throw you under the bus. Too many agency workers, ANd thn't like to pay over time. Training was horrible. They throw you to the wolves.
made some great friends. love many of my patients.
nurse (Former Employee), worcester maMay 3, 2013
Pros: stronger individual learning how to overcome the convolution and disfunction
Cons: lazy staffing unwilling to do their jobs, management does nothing about it. infact management is a huge part of the problem.
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Corruption at the top makes life difficult for working staff and ghastly for the patients.
Flexible Work place with oppurtunity for advancement but a gossip enviorment that effects work enviorment
Case Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 17, 2013
CHL was a great place to work as I was able to gain skills in many areas such as working with addicts to help better themselves. I moved on as a Residential Counselor to a short term case manager for the homeless population. I learned how to connect clients to available resources in the comunity.
Busy working place with an excellent team and leadership having excellent results with those we are serving.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 1, 2012
Pros: the support of the clinical director and clinical supervisor. the team that i serve with is awesome.
Cons: low compensation for the services rendered.
* A typical work day is working with clients with dual diagnosis of substance abuse and mental health. Do assessments, treatment plans, do individual counseling, group therapy, interventions, documentation of charts, insurance reviews, interviews for admission, outplacement preparation for aftercare, aftercare planning.

* I have learned so much in the last 3.5 years. I am so much bettter clinician with providing therapy to the clients with Motivational Interviewing, Reality Psychotherapy along with being PTSD sensitive with the clients. I am a lot better with documentation with the charts.

* Management: Clinical Director and the Clinical Supervisor have provided support, encouragement and guidance for me to be a better clinician.

* Co-workers: Overall, we are an incredible team, building off of our individual strengths to be a better team in providing outstanding services to the clients with excellent results.

* Hardest part of the job: When clients are highly resistant to the therapy or counseling that we are providing for promoting change for sobriety and especially when they elope or leave the program to go out and use again. It's can be crushing when they leave and die in a short-time after an overdose.

* The most enjoyable part of the job: When I know that I am making a difference in the lives of those that I serve. When their life changes and they get themselves and their family back.
Fruitful love the helping people
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: managing a house of people
Cons: not breaks
When I first get in work had to look at daily log, and then checked in with co-work on med log. Then I would started dinner with one of the house mates that live there in the residence. If one of the house mates needed to go out to the bank or shopping, I would take them to do their daily living activities.