Community Home Health Care Employee Reviews

bad managment. uses protocol and changes it when it benefits them
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 17, 2017
Barely okay company. Good pay. Good clients. Bad management. HR is picky with the way they treat certain employees. No care for my personal problems brought to their attention.
Pros
Pay, mileage compensation
Cons
dont care about your life, forcful with hours, manipulative, inconsistent management
Home health nurse
LPN/Staff Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 13, 2017
Gave direct patient care to patients in their homes. The management lied and was not trustworthy and not helpful to the staff. I did enjoy working with the patient I had.
Pros
One on one ratio
Cons
No benefits, bad management
stressful and overwhelming
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 9, 2017
Boss tells you what you want to hear during interview process but has no intention of following thru. You are given basic instructions on your responsibilities and then you have to figure out the rest
Pros
expericene
Cons
no insurance benefits or raises as promised
this is perfect seasonal work!!!!
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 13, 2017
If you are driven by your desire to help those in need of daily assistance then this job will fulfill that need. Do not expect to support your family or be able to fully pay one bill at the end of your work week unless u are completely ready to relinquish any and all activities related to your daily life your children included. Do not apply here. Save yourself the headache & dissapointment.
Pros
schedule so flexable its almost nonexistant
Cons
bad management no raises no benefits no time off
I've dealt with a very professional and empathic coordinator.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Spring Valley, NY 10977August 9, 2017
Coordinator is very professional and really tries to work with the caregivers. A typical day at work for me involves preparing meals for my clients, assisting my client with activities of daily living such as showering and ambulation. I also provide medication reminders and provide medical management including appointment setting, transportation acquisition, prescription refills and pick up, and facilitation of communication between medical providers and my client. While doing this work, I've learned to gain even more patience with the aged population in terms of communication considering their possible thought processing limitations. As far as the workplace culture, it is really a solitary position, because I've had very little contact with co workers. The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with an uncomfortable environment for you (ie. a house that feels too hot), even if the house is comfortable for your client. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing and knowing that your client is clean, as healthy as can be, comfortable, and can smile and enjoy their lives.
Pros
make your own hours.
Cons
compensation low, may work in physically uncomfortable environments.
n.a
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 27, 2017
I feel this company is fair . The training is great! fun place too work. I just wish they review the cases more and find out a little more information.
Pros
great company
Cons
needs more information
Wonderful place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 24, 2017
i loved my job with this company- it was a family owned company - the employers were incredibly kind and helpful- I learned learned a great deal about the medical field through this job--It a challenging but also a great learning experience
Pros
Everything about this job was good
Cons
the owners changed and the company was moved to Baton Rouge
relaxed setting
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2017
I like it, its fun , very flexible if you have children and fast paced outside life. i like it becasue it is close to my house and it only takes me 5 min to get there.
Pros
flexible
Cons
stress
its ok
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Somers, NYJuly 19, 2017
Good place to work i would recommenced a friend i see great opportunity for people if motivation acheving and doing a great job i appreciate the opportunity they have given me.
very innovative easy environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this job. It was an environment of great innovation and educational challenge.
The work culture was very easy and friendly.
Pros
friendly, challenging
Cons
heavy case load, no health insurance
Profesional
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYJune 23, 2017
I current work here i have learn allot with this company its very friendly place to work and professional i love working with seniors and helping with people with disabilities .
Pros
professional
Cons
no to many hours
Walking the community
PCA Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Newbury, MAJune 17, 2017
Walking with The clients around the community hoping around keeping it clean being social with the neighborhood is very enjoyable my heart is in this field in as long as I'm in this field I will push my clients to better themselves
sketchy
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, NYJune 14, 2017
I have been with the company for over a year now and I have to say some of the woman are very unprofessional, they hardly ever pay you when they say they will and if you make any complaints they punish you by not paying you on time I worked four months straight with no pay and the only way I got my money was when I had to call the board of labor and report them to the bbb then and only then did I receive my checks wich were all in correct and they still owe me from feb. not a very good place to work.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of people
Cons
you have to fight them for your money wich they will find every excuse in the book not to pay you.
Ok
Certified Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 11, 2017
it is OK. not very professional and consistent. Often mistakes with pay and confusion with patients AND aides. You could find yourself driving all around the county if you dont find a consistent patient. THEY DINT COMPENSATE FOR GAS.
Pros
Great Work
Cons
Poor Management
Clinical Performance is 4 starts and the clinical staff is exceptional in patient care.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MI 49445June 6, 2017
As a new manager in the medical field, I have learned that employees expect to be treated with respect, honesty and recognized for their achievements and dedication. I have made it an effort to show that respect, honesty and recognition to all my employees. I have developed a great communication relationship with all my employees who have noted to me on several occasions my excellent management skills.
Work is amazing
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2017
Love to work with seniors,becasue you can learn a lot from them, love to help with anything to make their day better. Just perfect if you love to talk and make someone smile.
Quick about finding practical work for you.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 20, 2017
A typical day starts with an assignment about 20 minutes away or closer. Which I enjoy. Management can be hard to contact, When I call in I am put on hold for up to 10 minutes. The majority of the time I hangup and call again. They try an assign us to the type of patience you desire to work with. For example non smoker and no pets. I guess the hardest part of the job is waiting for a permanent assignment that you desire.
Pros
They find you some what pretty fast.
Cons
For them to find you an assignment with your preferences like not pets.
It's ok could be better.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 17, 2017
I like indeed sometimes i feel like i won't get the jobs.... Very seldom do i actually get the job. I do have faith i will get the job I'm looking for...
Corporate bigotry at its finest
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYMay 10, 2017
I was brought on as a temp. My first day they had me sit in the lunchroom for an hour. The supervisor never made any eye contact with me which I found very unprofessional. They seemed very uncomfortable around me when they found out I was Haitian. They've been accused of racism before. They gave me minimal work then informed my agency that I wasn't working up to par. I didn't express my discontent with my agency because the damage had already been done. Anyone looking for a Home Healthcare agency Community Home Healthcare/Elite is not the company for you.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Bigotry
varied work type
Personal Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 4, 2017
cooking cleaning depending on the client it depends on your tasks I love this job it allows me to meet new people and learn new things. I strongly recommend a career in personal care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8